Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employer Reviews

It was very stressful and not always a happy place to be.
Clothing Outfitter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 2, 2014
I was just a seasonal worker. they always reminded you that anyone could fill your position and that your job was on the line. it wasn't very friendly.
FUN!!!
OutfitterResponsible for Customer Service (Current Employee), Thornton, COMarch 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: monetary compensation
Working at Cabelas is nothing less than FUN!!! The management team is great to work with. Systems technology for the retail environment is the latest and greatest. Co-Outfitters work together as a cohesive team!
co workers are great but managers, gm terrible
retail outtitter (Current Employee), wisconsinMarch 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
I have worked several departments and as long as you didn't question the managers/corporate you were a great worker. Question something and you get written up on something bogus.
Fun atmosphere with great growth opportunity
HR Training Administrator (Current Employee), Buda, TXMarch 21, 2014
Cabela's is a fun place to work. They offer several different options to make extra money on your paycheck. Management varies with styles, but is mostly very flexible and great to work for. The company is growing tremendously so there are several opportunities to grow in the company.
Great company to work for
Front-End Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tulalip, WAMarch 19, 2014
Cabela's gives its employees a lot of power to help guests.They create a good working environment.
Great place to work.
Customer service, cleaned department (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great people, fun environment, great management
Cons: don't get much of a raise when it is deserved.
Cabela's is a really fun place to work. Great co-workers and management staff. Corporate controlled.
great place to work
SEO Program Manager (Current Employee), Westminster COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about hunting and fishing
Cons: very political
I really enjoyed working with all the employees at Cabela's. They are a great group of people with high level of integrity
Fun enviorment loved all employees made me feel useful.
Human Resources Administrator/Store Administrator (Former Employee), Lehi, UTMarch 17, 2014
Pros: always fun enviorment and fun friday's
Cons: long drive
Stayed busy worked with management team and employees. I loved a challenge and would never give up until figured out and was challenged daily.
Fun and Upbeat Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buda, TXMarch 13, 2014
This company was great to work for! I loved everyone I worked with, as well as the managers. It was difficult leaving, but unfortunely I relocated. My job was a customer service outfitter. Along with performing cashiering duties, I was the one to come to for returns/exchanges/in store pickup etc. Any inquiries could be brought to us and we were glad – more... to help. We also shipped customers products we had in the store to their homes, and if we didnt have it in the store we have an in store Kiosk we used to ship customers what they needed from Distribution Centers. The hardest part of my job was deciding the amount to return to customers. Having the 90 day policy in place, once they were outside the time frame we were allowed to use our discretion to take care of the customer. It could be from giving them a depreciated amount that they originally paid for to store credit for their items. – less
Nice place to work
Retail Salesman (Current Employee), Mitchell, SDMarch 12, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere.
Cons: no advancement
Not real good job security. Laid a lot of people off. Part time is okay don't set your heart on full time
good group of workers
night time outfitter (Current Employee), polarisMarch 5, 2014
Pros: summit discounts
Cons: job security/ managment
have some serious issues to work out with management, with little chance to move from seasonal to full time. 3 positions in 13 months
reduced my hours at the end
Club Booth Outfitter (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDMarch 4, 2014
The manager informed me that my hours would be reducing to personal reasons.
Excellent place to work
Store Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rogers, MNMarch 2, 2014
Cabela's has excellent employees and it is a great place to work!
Very corporate with little innovation
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Westminster COFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stagnant workplace, no innovation, heavy micro management
This is a waterfall development shop and as such, developers will spend the majority of their time in meetings rather than writing code. They are very set in their ways, and make a point to dumb down their website for non-technical users. Supporting browsers such as IE7 and AOL Explorer make the use of any modern web technologies very difficult. The – more... use of new technologies and practices are actually discouraged as most of the developers and management have never used anything other than Java EE. Developers have no say in implementations or architectures. – less
Nice, friendly, and welcoming environment.
Task Team Operations (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: incentives to earn extra money. positive environment.
Cons: aren't too many of these, 2 yrs and i love it here!
A typical day at work would include us coming into our scheduled departments for the day, and looking for red tags or scanning products that we should have up on the floor and either finding where it's hiding at and place it in it's set location, or checking the history on the product and making sure inventory count is not off, if it is then we being – more... the process of rack verifying the product.

I've learned a lot, from dabbling a bit with AS400, JDA, learning a little bit about inventory control, and learning more about the products we have in the store, since I spend all this time in each department everyday and am physically handling them myself.

Management there was wonderful. I didn't have an issue with any of the leads, managers, or senior managers, but then again I honestly don't like having any issues with anyone as I prefer to work in a positive and uplifting environment and strongly believe in showing others respect in order to receive it and can vouch myself that, that's truth.

I love my coworkers, I love that everybody has different personalities. Never a dull moment, love having that "work family" type of bond.

The hardest part of the job pretty would seeing that we are supposed to have a certain amount of a particular item, that we are supposed to have on the floor, that we did receive and has been made active for customer purchase for quite some time.

The part I enjoy most about my job, is putting the department and products in order. That and being able to use my knowledge of the departments to help customers, although I do not work there and it may not be my strong suit, but I at least have some sort of knowledge to feed the customers needs either until I am able to help him with his questions and search, or I can get an employee that works the department to take over and gladly assist the customer. – less
Family oriented company.
Receiving Outfitter (Former Employee), WarehouseFebruary 23, 2014
Wealth of good, hard working employees.
Management cares about the employee and customers.
Learned if you treat people well you will receive much in return.
Enjoyed most every aspect of my job.
Hardest part was leaving Cabela's to pursue my dream of living in Florida.
Semi-productive employer
Customer Service (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: decent discount
Cons: poorly managed
Each day is different. I have learned a lot of different aspects of the business that I will take with me onto the next adventure.
Working Freight
Outfitter (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: always busy, healthcare for part time
Cons: short shifts, not enough hours
Start work at 4am unload the truck full of freight scan all the product to receive it in to our system. Break down all the freight and then put it in carts and work it out to the floor. What ever that does not go out to the floor take back to the warehouse and back stock the freight. I love working early shifts so I can get out at a decent time. I love – more... working with other people in the morning. – less
Cabelas
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Marysville, WAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: the pay rate
I would handle returns and exchanges. I also handled customer complaints and helped made them right.
This turned out to be seasonal, but it was okay for the time that it lasted.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: sales accomplishments
Cons: no job security
A typical day was assisting customers with their choices, restocking shelves, putting new stock on display, straightening displays, pricing and discounting pricing.

I learned about people who steal things and the different ways that they go about it. The additional sales experience was a good thing.

My coworkers were fine. We all got along.

The hardest – more... part of the job was lengthy inventories after hours. The most enjoyable part was making a lot of sales, having my advice respected, and the store discount. – less

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more