Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work with highly qualified outfitters
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 17, 2017
Awesome place for shopping and for spending time at. Unfortunately I’m a tad bit biased considering I was only there as a seasonal employee in the fishing department and the cafe.
Pros
Incredible discounts on merchandise
Cons
Too much pressure to get employees to push Cabela’s Club card.
great atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 16, 2017
Cabela's has a great atmosphere but drama is a pretty big issue there. Some of the management there camke things up that are not true and I have confirmed the with other management.
Pros
hour lunches, good discount
Cons
alot of drama
Family values
CATEGORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEOctober 16, 2017
Cabela's was a great company to work for, they had great family values that is hard to find at a job. It's unfortunate Bass Pro took over and there was no longer job security.
Fun Workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  League City, TX 77573October 13, 2017
My job at Cabela's was a fun experience. Although I was just in the footwear department I had the opportunity to work in other Departments. occasionally I would work in the warehouse unloading the trucks and organizing the deliveries.
Pros
Has opportunity's to advance into a managerial position.
Cons
They will put you in a seasonal position even if you apply for part time or full time.
productive
Internal Process Auditor (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVOctober 12, 2017
Not happy with the pay after getting a review with all above target I managed to get a 3 percent raise. The only way they work with work/life balance is if you drop down to part-time. I am able to do all functions of the Warehouse. The Management varies upon which one you are under. The hardest part of the job is dealing with mis communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is there are a lot of great co workers working together as a team.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor pay
Competitive and enjoyable work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDOctober 12, 2017
Possibly too much management lead to confusion about duties at times but the competitive sales environment lead to fun competition between associates as well as incentive to improve.
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
short shifts
Good place if you work with friends, if not, just another job
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 12, 2017
You work with a lot of cool people but it's really hard to make any advancements unless you start off working full time, you work harder than what you get paid for. the management wasn't really ever around, and would only be available if they didn't like something that was going on. it was really understaffed and you had to pick up way more projects than you were getting paid for.
Computer sales prices (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 11, 2017
Cabelas was a great place to work. Learn a lot. A typical day a work was to organize your section. Help all customers in their purchases. Check out or help with online purchases.
Great Company
Replenishment Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEOctober 9, 2017
Cabela's is a great company with true family values. Was just recently merged with Bass Pro and still working on the combination between the two companies.
Cons
Not sure what the future of Cabela's looks like at this time.
Horrible place
Inventory Managment Associate (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 7, 2017
Managers do zero work. They are to busy in their office watching sports or surfing the web. They constantly want you to push their credit card on customers. If you are a brown noser and suck up to the managers, this is the place to be. Most employees are hard workers just trying to get by and good people.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Managers
Enjoyed the atmosphere and people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAOctober 7, 2017
As a warehouse worker we would unload inbound trucks generally by hand and sort them after being received. After sorting product we would split it into what needed to be put in the warehouse and what needed to go to the retail store to replace sold product(generally done on night shift). Using RF equipment we would backstock inventory in the warehouse. Throughout the day we would run replenishment for the store floor and also keep up with customer rushes, which could be taken to the appropriate department or dealt with as a warehouse pick up.

I was also trained in the new at the time omnichannel program. The use of our stores as a small D.C. making things more efficient for the customer and for the company. Learned to pick appropriate product and then sort, package and prepare for fedex and ups pick up to be sent directly to local customers.
Pros
loved working in the outdoorsmen environment with like coworkers
Cons
Not great pay, not enough hours.
Fast Growing with Old Systems and Processes
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 6, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company for someone looking for efficient or clear direction. Many o f the employees are really fun and really love the outdoors. Many are extremely hardworking and committed. Much of the direction comes from Corporate headquarters, making it difficult to really "steer the ship" locally-- it can seem out of touch and unreasonable. The management in some stores seems strong and really connected to the employees. The management here likely will continue going through changes as it tries to figure out how to get the store on track. The company systems are relatively antiquated and it can be extremely stressful and redundant to complete tasks trying to work with a patchwork of systems. The pay is low, especially considering the level of work required from nearly all employees on all levels. Training is not very helpful but it seems the company spends a lot of money on training. The acquisition by Bass Pro Shops may be a very positive thing to help get the technology where it needs to be, get the inventory in that customers want, and get the help on sales floor that's needed.
Pros
Discounts on products. Hour lunch.
Cons
Systems and organizational structure. Management. Low pay.
Best College Job
Certified Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 5, 2017
My time at Cabela's will always be a memorable one due to the wonderful corporate culture and the people within the company. Great atmosphere for a part time job. You get treated very well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Interesting place to work, but had its drawbacks
Cashier/Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 5, 2017
Cabela's is a fun place to visit and work, however, in many departments, managers favored certained employees over others and they were treated better than others.
Very Cool Place to Work
Sales Coach for Marine, Fly Fishing and Auto ATV (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 4, 2017
A very typical retail environment. Fast paced and always something to do. Customers are loyal and fun to work with. Management empowers the employees to do whatever it takes to make the customers happy.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Short on equipment for doing job
Not a secure place with change happening
Gun Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2017
Immediate managers were fine; the first one was superb.
Store and "upper" managers were not so fine.
HUGE turnover of help during my time there.
They opened the store with 350 employees, and I think
got down to 150 over a couple years.
Pros
Discounts on products; 401K
Cons
Constant unease & fear of firing.
Enjoyable place for outdoors people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIOctober 3, 2017
I loved the job, but the management was horrible and could be so much better than it was. Over worked people and didn’t want to pay over time. The pay should be better, especially for how they treat there workers.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Short to no breaks, lunch sometimes. Awful management
Drama-filled and poorly managed
Seasonal Club Booth Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 27, 2017
Cabala's employees are obsessed with drama and suck everyone in. The management is terrible. The company runs on hot air and rifle-loving hillbillies.
Great Company
Powersports Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 26, 2017
Cabela's was a great place to work, I was able to learn new skills and use my previous knowledge adequately. I looked forward to coming into work everyday!
Pros
friendly staff and management
Cons
not applicable
ok place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTSeptember 25, 2017
its an ok place to work, not very many hours are allowed to work since they have many employees but overall a good place if you are interested in working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.