Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work environment with great people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches.
Cons: No where to move up in the company, not paid lunches.
A typical day at work, since I was one of the people who worked full time, would be me starting off with unloading a truck of pallets, and then loading them into the warehouse before the store even opened. Then when the store opened, I was taking care of customers in the footwear department, running and getting sizes they needed and ordering online if needed.
great oppurtunities
Customer Service (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 10, 2015
Pros: great incentives
Cons: hours not steady
Co-workesr and management are pretty amazing. Just wish there was more room for advancement in a "man:"based company. This company offers great incentives and opportunities to do different events in your community. Also allows great travel experience if one is able.
Cabela's
Sales Associate - part time (Former Employee), Rogers. mnMay 8, 2015
Co-workers were great. Management was average. The main problem I had with Cabela's is that did not want full time employees an have to pay for benefits.
A workplace rich in culture
Full Time Outfitter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 7, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management and College options
The culture at Cabelas was in every aspect of your day to day job. The people who work there are usually hard working knowledgeable people who love what they do. The management at the Anchorage Alaska branch however was terrible, distant and controlling are two ways to describe them. The fact that working Full Time at Cabelas eaves you with absolutely no options as to College lead me to leave the company. They will NOT give you two days off a week on the days of your choice so scheduled college classes are out.
Very good place to get a start
Gifts Outfitter (Current Employee), Charleston, WvMay 7, 2015
Very fun co-workers and a good job to get your feet wet starting out life. Loved working here and learning what all retail people have to go through on a daily bases.
Fast paced, but fun working environment.
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), Garner, NCMay 6, 2015
A typical day at work consists of unloading the freight truck and afterwards taking all freight to the floor for replenishment. Once all shelves and hooks are filled all left over freight is taken to the backroom and assigned locations and back stocked. All co-workers are great and always there to help each other out.
Awesome store to work in!!
Sales Associate in men's clothing (Former Employee), Rogers, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Fun atmospher
Cons: Too large to walk some days!
Having a plethora of men's hunting and fishing clothes, it was really educational. All-weather, summer, fall and everything in between. A really great environment to work in.
Growing Retail Establishment - Fun, but it's a grinder
Pacific Northwest District Training Administrator (Former Employee), Lacey, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on major holidays, advancement
Cons: Retail. It's not the easiest. I can't travel anymore. I hope you can.
My day was ever changing, which was awesome. Each moment presented it's own challenges. Growth potential is awesome if you are able to travel, or are able to relocate. I was not able to do either. My boss was awesome. I miss my boss and and my job. Not too many people can say that. The pay wasn't great, but it was made up with the discount.

If you want to work your butt off, travel, and have a lot of fun using great gear - CABELA'S IS FOR YOU!
fun, but would have loved more hours
Outfitter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2015
a typical day at work was stocking shelves, helping customers, and working with my team
I learned great people skills
management was very professional my coworkers were all very nice and very helpful

the hardest part of my job would have to be the scheduling
the most enjoyable part would have to be working with my coworkers
Would be nice place to work if had better scheduling !!!!!
Deli outfitter (Current Employee), Thornton, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for deli outfitter
Cons: Not enough help when needed!
The hardest part of this job is always working by your self! But almost all co workers are nice ppl. I work in the Deli. And they have great food!
Cabelas
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowling Green KyApril 28, 2015
Working at Cabelas was a great experience i loved my co workers and advanced my knowledge in the outdoors. The most enjoyable part of my job at cabelas was the interaction with the customers and staff. i loved being able to answer question and help make there outdoor experience great.
LOVE!
Customer Service (Part-Time/Seasonal) (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Compensations, Benefits, management
Cons: Long hours
Cabela's was a fun experience in my job experience. Pay was pretty descent. Love my cabela's team! Management was awesome. The only bad thing was long hours.
Great place for an outdoorsman to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Caring, competent management. Meeting with new people.
Cons: Irregular scheduling of work hours- e.g. closing one night and having to open the next morning.
Overall, an excellent place to work, though the lack of a regular schedule could be trying. Management was extremely competent, and really cared about the workers. A fun place to have a job for an outdoorsman.
family oriented a great place to work
back end outfitter fulltime (Current Employee), christiana delaware #53April 14, 2015
Pros: i
I am a backend outfitter fulltime
at store#53 in christiana Delaware.
my store is amazing the people are great and the MGRS lead from the front and always willing to teach.
the relationship I have with my fellow outfitters exceeds a working
or even friend type bond its more like family!
they truly are my bros and sisters I love my job and the people I work with.
Great outdoor minded culture; strong team environment.
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with; outdoor culture created a great environment to work in.
Cons: Work life balance was a challenge.
Work life balance is difficult due to business schedule/needs.

Teams throughout business are highly dedicated, and in my opinion are some of the best found in retail.
Retail
IT Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Sidney, NEMarch 30, 2015
 Produce Strategic Planning and communication to Executives
 Build weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for IT and Executives
 Maintain relationship between IT and business
 Project Audits
 Organizational communication
 Create Standard Operating Procedures for current position
Great team workers and good benefits
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAMarch 21, 2015
As manager, I worked between 9-11 hours day. Opening and closing the store. Hardest part was dealing with rescheduling employees to meet the demand of the store and incoming freight.
Day at work
Task Team Lead (Former Employee), Richfield, WIMarch 16, 2015
Excellent team atmosphere, great with their employees treat you like on of the cabalas family, stress free family place to work at where they make the customers feel like they are also part of the total cabalas experiance.
It is a fun place to work but need a full time job.
Switchboard operator (Current Employee), Acworth, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: people that i work with
Cons: the hours
I enjoy the employees I work with. I do not come in contact with customers other than on the phones. Some of the management teams are great. Over all the company works well with their employees and the operation of the company is great. The hardest part of the job is the hours.
great guys and great work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 1 dollar lunch program
great while it lasted but was seasonal so was short lived.
the other guys there were a great bunch of guys.
got to run scissor lifts and td carts ect was alot of fun.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more

Cabela's Inc. Salaries