Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Vendor Relations Manager-Softlines
Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee), Sidney, NEMarch 7, 2015
Negotiating, partnering and collaborating with major vendors for process improvements within Merchandising. Managed a team of 12 that effectively reduced which effectively reduced chargebacks impacting increased margin and bottom line results.
productive work environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the people i was able to work with
Cons: not enough hours in a day to accomplish task
Great environment to work in, great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people. The company is really relaxed help people.
Loved the energy the name Cabelas encites in the customers.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: benefits and pay do not match the economy
I loved the company because of it's history and heritage it began with. As it has grown, it is clear that long term employment with the company is not one of their primary goals. The work is enjoyable – more... while challenging.
I held a team leader position when I left. I took escalated calls, processed credit line increases, approved credit card applications, worked on projects in between calls.
I learned soft skills, and banking processes.
Management followed mandates well.
I loved my co-workers. We supported each other well.
Too narrow of call time allowance.
The people I worked directly with. – less
Was fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Platte,NEMarch 3, 2015
Learned how to solve customer concerns and problems. The Management could be more supportive. Co-workers were amazing.
Updated resume
Customer service in all areas of the store (Current Employee), Post Falls, IDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dealing with the public and working with the employees who are great!
Cons: hours constantly being cut and very physical work, raises are very small
I am a loyal and hard worker. I am looking for a job where I can use my clerical and customer service experience to the benefit of my new employer.
Hours at Cabela's vary week to week. I am looking for – more... something more stable.
I do a lot of lifting as I have to throw freight almost everyday. They have cut back positions. Most of the time I work more than one department because we are so short handed. Raises are very small. Average is less than 20 cents an hour after a full year even with a excellent work history. – less
Sub par pay, inconsistent scheduling, slow advancement
Archery Outfitter (Current Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pay starts at $9 an hour and can only be raised upon working there a year for a maximum of 3% per year. Scheduling can be up to 45 hours a week during a busy season and you'll be lucky if you get more than 10 a week in off season. Management is pretty good. You're in customer service so be prepared to deal with all sorts of people.
Great work environment and coworkers. Have a passion for what I do.
Bow Technician (Current Employee), Billings, MontanaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: i get to work with items i am passionate about.
Cons: it is only a part time job, not enough hours.
I try to greet every customer with a smile and a nice hello. I then will help them with anything they are looking for in the store. I keep our shelves stocked full of inventory. I will put together news – more... bows we have received, and I will repair customer's bows they bring in. I help every customer I talk with leave with a smile on their face. We have very knowledgable employees at our store, if there is something I do not know I can always call someone who is an expert in that field. It's very enjoyable talking about something you are passionate about and seeing how passionate your customers are about the same things. The hardest part about my job is getting enough hours of work. – less
Was great til it went public
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Dundee, MIFebruary 19, 2015
When company was family owned they really cared about their employee's. Once they went public it became about numbers.
Good part time job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on cabalas product
Cons: not allowed overtime
Unloaded trucks 3-5 days a week and pulled replenish to stock shelves. Assisted customers loading larger items. Back stocking product once the supply truck was unloaded.
There are a lot of good people to work with.
Warehouse/Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Richfield, WIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: can have good incentives for floor outfitters
Cons: managers are taken advantage of
There are a lot of good outfitters that work there. It is like a big family. Advancement can be good depending who you are.
Fast paced call center
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), North Platte, NEFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: assisting customers
A typical day at work consisted of answering phones and helping customers place orders, find merchandise, stores and assisting with returns and exchanges
Good place to work for.
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: fun company to work for.
Cons: lack of in store business, lack of communiction between management .
Had a good time at the company.Until I was laid off due to lack of business. Hardest part was, getting there on time and beeing told your hours are being cut.
fun place to work
Overnight Hunting Outfitter (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 11, 2015
its a great place to work if you love anything to deal with the outdoors. i learned more about hunting materials and the management is good. the co-workers just depends who you work with most are great. the hardest part of the job is getting everything done before the store opens. and the most enjoyable part is the people you work with and if you love being in the outdoors.
Great for college students
Auto/ATV Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: co workers, easy work
Cons: not much advancement, pay
I worked at Cabela's while attending college and they are good about working with your schedule. The work is pretty simple and easy. The day consisted of talking to customers, rearranging product, and putting product on shelves. The enjoyment from the job is going to vary depending on the managers. There is not much opportunity for advancement.
good part time job
Outfitter (Current Employee), Mitchell, SDFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: works with schedule
Cons: gossip, management
it was a good job while in school, great co workers besides they like to gossip about everything. discount is nice but half the managers are rude and have a chip on their shoulder even though they are 40 and still haven't go up very high but the company is good.
Very fun for any out door person.
Shoe Associate (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 3, 2015
A great place to work for any type of person because they have so many departments. It is always busy and a lot of great people work there with a lot of wonderful stories to tell.
Cabela's
Bank Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 3, 2015
I worked in the processing area and the scheduling was tough to work around with kids. You worked until the work was done, so you got off early some days, while other days you were there until 7 pm so I would not be able to pick up the kids. I enjoyed the work.
Flexible with school
NICS/ATF outfitter (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 3, 2015
long hours, meeting and greeting customers, knowledge of many areas of the store not just where you work. Flexible with school and home needs.
A FUN PLACE
Outfitter (Current Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good benefits and perks, especially if your f/t.
Cons: they said they sell fun but the mgmt sells (differently) !
The orientation was great with great expectations and together we would be a family doing FUN things but that is a bunch of hog wash by Upper Mgmt. The GM don't even acknowledges you're there. The hiring turn over rate is very high.
Great people to work with
Outfitter (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJanuary 26, 2015
Overall, working at Cabela's is great. They offer great employee discounts and have an awesome break room. At times, especially around the holidays, that the work load becomes difficult, but that is expected during that time of year.
Headquarters