Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Its in your Nature
Firearm Salesman (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 8, 2014
Work there if you only want part time work, if not its not worth it as the only way you can advance in the company is not through hard work but by kissing upper managements butt
Love the break times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 5, 2014
Pros: you get your own cubicle
Cons: calling in takes way longer
I only worked there for 2 weeks but i liked the environment. They were really helpful.
Wonderful place to work - great people, great opportunity for advancement!
Department Lead (Current Employee), Lone Tree, CODecember 5, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, free lunches, great employee discounts
Every day is like Christmas, here. I love the people I work with and I have made some great friends here. I also love the interaction with our customers, and knowing that my expertise and knowledge has helped someone to better enjoy their adventure in the outdoors.

The work can be hard and the hours long, and it can be difficult to plan events around the fluctuating schedule, but management is very accommodating if you need to change your schedule, or if you need time off for personal reasons.

Turn-over is high, but it is mostly with the younger employees who lack a strong work ethic. I work with military enlisted and officers, a medical doctor, an attorney, an architect, a Ph.D. and a few former business owners, all of whom are retired and who don't really "need" the money, but who love the outdoors and the opportunity to share their knowledge of the outdoors with our customers.
Great Place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Praire du Chien WINovember 26, 2014
1st job I had but for the most part it is a very good job for a warehouse job.
New Store, inexpeience Management
Sales Counter Outfitter (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: close to home and enjoyed my position
Cons: badly mismanaged, low wages
Good company, however this store wasn't a full size cabela's. The management wasn't trained well.
Fun place to work. Great customer service
Special Order Firearms Manager (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 11, 2014
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: retail is just a strange business
Cabela's is a top notch company. They wrote the book on taking care of customers
Innovative and rewarding
Associate (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WINovember 5, 2014
Working with the advertising at the retail store. This allowed me to use my creativity. Management allowed me to use my creativity in any way that I seen as acceptable per the company policy.
Energetic work place and never a dull moment
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Dundee, MINovember 4, 2014
Pros: we had all the good food and candy.
Cons: we had all the good food and candy.
Cabelas was an exciting store and there was never a typical day. On any given day you never new who you would meet, Cabelas was a tourist attraction. I have learned how to really live. When my guests came in to shop they came with a glisten in there eyes. Management and coworkers were equally pleasant we all enjoyed the out doors. The hardest part of the job was not having enough arms to help everyone during hunting season. most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Tough Job
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAOctober 31, 2014
lots of responsibilities but a lot of opportunity for development
Great place to work if you have an interest in the outdoors
outfitter (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 24, 2014
Great place to work if you have an interest in the outdoors. High turn over
We sell fun
Club Card Outfitter (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nice breakroom with coffee popcorn tv, schedules are given in advance for any changes, good breaks and lunch hours, sometimes free lunch or dinner.
Cons: i just worked for four months.
Cabelas educate their employees their goals mission policies. The most important things is how to give legendary customer services. The outfitters are like a big family. Cabelas have different manners to incentive the outfitters good job and recognize their efforts.
Great JOb
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVOctober 17, 2014
Handling customer issues via phone and in person, all cash/credit/debit sales and transactions for both in-store purchases as well as online purchases, taking phone calls, filling store orders for purchases to be shipped out to customers, selling hunting and fishing licenses in accordance to state and local laws.
Productive workplace selling outdoor fun
deli (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short staffed
Prepping food, making fudge, and taking orders is usually what involves a typical day at work. I have learned more about the food industry and the do's and don'ts. The management is new and just getting into the swing of things, excited to see what's to come. The really is no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part is going to work with people you get along with.
Okay
OVERNIGHT STOCKER CABELAS (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
Fun Work Environment, Slow Paced Just Enough Amount Of Work. Co-Workers Were Amazing Very Easy To Communicate With. I Enjoyed Working At My Own Pace Long As Everything Got Completed
Productive company
Warehouse Lead Overnights (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers and pot luck
Cons: management
Pull stock, place stock on sales floor, make and re-arrange work schedules. Management skills. CO- Workers were amazing. Hardest part of job was telling someone that I was unable to give them the time off they requested. Breaks
Great place to work with outdoor passions
Sales Associate (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2014
Good place to work especially if you have passions for the outdoors, in which I certainly do. Diverse culture of employees and customers alike, there is always something new to learn. Best part of my job being that I am an Eagle scout, is helping the younger scouts when they come into the store. Good co-workers to work with and a lot to learn from and vice versa. There is always room for improvement in the store and everyone alike.
CABELAS
FIREARMS OUTFITTER (Current Employee), Dundee, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere generally
Cons: hours caps
CABELAS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. IT HAS A GREAT ATMOSPHERE FOR THE OUTDOORS AND THE PEOPLE WHO ENJOY IT. I ENJOY WORKING WITH THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE I SHARE SIMILAR INTERESTS. I SUBMIT AND REVIEW FEDERAL FORMS FOR GUN SALES. MY JOB IS TO LOOK FOR ERRORS AND ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF THE FORMS FOR SUBMISSION TO NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEMS AKA NICS. I ENJOY THIS IN COMBINATION WITH CUSTOMER INTERACTION. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS MAINTAINING A HIGH LEVEL OF ACCURACY AS VOLUMES OF CUSTOMERS CHANGE. FOR THE MOST PART CO-WORKERS HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE AND WORK TOGETHER. THE COMPANY IS IN THE THROES OF A CORPORATE INTEGRATION SO MANY CHANGES ARE EXPECTED. PART TIME ASSOCIATES EXPERIENCE A DETRIMENT FINANCIALLY DUE TO CAPS ON HOURS ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE THE HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD. CABELAS NEEDS TO MAKE SURE TO CONSIDER THEIR EMPLOYEES AND THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMPANY AND COMMUNITY IN REGARDS TO THIS CONCEPT.
Lost the definition of a family company
Management (Current Employee), KansasOctober 7, 2014
Over the last few years the company has lost its identity due to wanting to become a big-box. No longer based on the CORE values it was established on and has lost its appreciation for the sales team. Has no concept of work/life. I understand big-box and would have more support to company if they did not keep denying true ideals instead of family/appreciation of team/work-life/etc.
I loved working at Cabela's
Firearms Inspector and Runner (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVOctober 5, 2014
I loved the disciplined and coordinated management teams of each department. I appreciated the extensive training I received in all areas that I expressed interest in. I loved the store and I loved the fun atmosphere. I had a great team of co-workers. The only reason I considered leaving was because it was a permanent part-time position.
Deceiving
Back End Outfitter (Current Employee), Thornton, COOctober 4, 2014
I was hired on part time and was told it was 20-23 hours a week, mostly evening shifts, and ocassional overnights. It ended up being just under full time hours, and every shift was overnight and worked every single weekend

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more

Cabela's Inc. Salaries