Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace with great break room
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 3, 2015
Fun place to work. Management is going through some changes. Great co workers and they make the place a fun place to work.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management changes
Good Company
Inventory Control and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WISeptember 2, 2015
Cabela's has been growing very rapidly for the past 5 years. They are opening many new stores and Distribution Centers to try to handle the expansion without losing their culture and trust to their workers and customers.
Cabelas
PICS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamburg PASeptember 2, 2015
Great place to work, Amazing employees, everyone was willing to help everyone. One of the places i MISS working for and hated to leave
Warehouse and Merchandise Attendant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 31, 2015
I would come into work at 9pm and would unload the trucks, separating product into like bins. Later in the night we would restock the shelves and make sure the shelves looked ready for the next day.
Depressing
Outfitter (Current Employee) –  NewarkAugust 28, 2015
Whoever gave this place a positive review must be in management. This is the worst company to work for and depressing like the other reviewer said. The place is run by a bunch of amiture managers that do not know how to run a business. A lot of favoritism, politics & racism. I myself am Caucasian & I witness a lot of what goes on and what a shame.
Pros
Cons
Very poor & unorganized management to start with & the list gos on & on
Great place to work would recommend
Senior Manager Store Design (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEAugust 24, 2015
I have been with the company for 10 1/2 years. I t has been a great place to work with great benefits and the opportunity for advancement based on performance.
Pros
Great beneifits
Cons
None come to mind
all right place
Senior NICS Counter Outfitter (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 18, 2015
the place is good to work for and like any job in retail it has its ups and downs. make it fun to work by having different contest to help reach metrics and the discounts are good
Fun people, bad management
Senior Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 17, 2015
Everyone i worked with even my supervisors were awesome and fun to work with. Management, however, only cared about the bottom line and viewed all employees as replaceable.
Long nights and evenings in a dank, dusty warehouse
Night filler, Returns specialist (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WIAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at work when I first began included the 60 minute drive to Cabela's, setting up my work station which was a trolly with a table on it, then picking out customers orders, tagging them, organizing them in the tote and sending them on their way on the conveyor belt. This wasn't too bad, I permanently damaged my shins because the trollies had step ladders on them that my 6'3 frame constantly knocked into. This was probably the worst part of the job - which to be honest could have been worse.

Most of the job involved long hours of walking through the warehouse, regardless of what I did, identifying numbers, searching for the right bin, and either placing an order back into the bin or taking it out for filling.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the small amount of freedom and independence it entailed.
nice work environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 12, 2015
Cabela's is a fun environment for some like me to work in if you like the outdoors but it isnt a company i see myself having a future with. A decent percent of the managment isnt supportive. The pay is low.
Pros
wonderful employees, great place for the community.
Cons
low pay, managment has little respect.
Great quality merchandise and knowledgeable outfitters!
Retail Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 11, 2015
Being the Retail Marketing Manager at Cabela's Acworth is dynamic, fun and rewarding. Each day, I am challenged to increase Cabela's visibility by connecting with key business leaders, conservation partners, and leveraging opportunities to collaborate to help our community.

Cabela's has been a great community partner, and I've enjoyed forging relationships with each organization and individual.
Pros
Great quality merchandise and outiftters
good place to work if full time
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 7, 2015
Good place to work, company seems to care for their employees, the only con I know of is they don't have enough hours for their employees.
Fun work place and expert staff
Customer Service Outfitter (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 6, 2015
A typical day includes checking past due holds, taking phone calls, doing returns, processing holds, placing orders, help customers in picking up online orders, ringing out customers. I have learned how to lead a team and how scheduling works and general business practices understandings. The management is helpful and willing to help employees advance through providing feedback and advice. My co-workers are helpful and helped me understand myself better. The hardest part of my job is dealing with extremely upset customers. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped customers and that they leave happier than when they arrived.
Pros
benefits, paid time off, and holiday pay to part time employees, Major Holidays off, Commissions on kiosk orders and credit card membership referrals
Cons
Scheduling for coverage is light during slow times.
Rewarding, but frustrating
Bank Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 5, 2015
A very supportive and advantageous place to work that can suffer from management issues. Co-workers are friendly, though interaction between co-workers can be made difficult by the rigors of the job. Work volume is often heavy, even in the lower levels due to high call-volumes that are poorly supported by irregular hiring.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, benefits, pay
Cons
Heavy workload, irregular managerial support
Fun place to work for!
Softlines Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 4, 2015
Scheduled 10 hours a day, 5 days per week. Typical retail management duties. The staff is great and everyone cares about their duties and position within the store. We all love helping and learning from our customers, as we all share an extreme fondness of everything outdoors.
Fun place to work with fun people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 2, 2015
Was a fun job and and had a good atmosphere. Loved the people I worked with and was sad to see it close. Hardest part of the job was during the summer when we were the busiest. The easiest part of the job was in the winter, because not many people came in for smoothies.
it was an okay place
retel sales (Former Employee) –  charleston wvAugust 2, 2015
A typical work day was fun but yet not so easy. My co-works in department was hard to work with I always seemed to be cleaning all day from what they left behind and there would always be products in the back they need to be put back out but would never seem to get done till I got there. My co-workers would make good friends out of work but in work they never did anything that needed to be done and with management was pretty good but there for I would turn what I needed in to them but it would always end up lost or they would never get to it. I think the hardest part was having to deal with my co-workers an having to clean up or do work they didn't do
Pros
the work envirment was great
Cons
co-workers an managment
Awesome place to work.
NICS (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 29, 2015
Cabala's was an awesome place to work with an awesome management team. You sell fun which is completely different from ordinary retail.
Pros
Cons
Short shifts sometimes
People Leadership
Receiving/Inventory Manager in an Outpost (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 28, 2015
•Managed both early morning and day teams to unload, stock, and merchandise freight
•Managed a team that reviewed inventory reports and found inventory inaccuracies.
•Review and Process logistic / inventory Paper work.
•Managed daily processes on both floor and warehouse to sales and sales forecast.
•Provided Manager on Duty responsibilities to our outfitters and customers
•Provided legendary customer service.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  grandville. MIJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoy working at Cabela's, and with all of the co-workers that work there. The other co-workers make it fun to be there and I enjoy coming to work. I also enjoy the clientele that comes in. I like working in the gift department and being able to stock the shelves when new merchandise comes in.
Pros
long breaks, co-workers