Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Growing Retail Establishment - Fun, but it's a grinder
Pacific Northwest District Training Administrator (Former Employee), Lacey, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on major holidays, advancement
Cons: Retail. It's not the easiest. I can't travel anymore. I hope you can.
My day was ever changing, which was awesome. Each moment presented it's own challenges. Growth potential is awesome if you are able to travel, or are able to relocate. I was not able to do either. My boss was awesome. I miss my boss and and my job. Not too many people can say that. The pay wasn't great, but it was made up with the discount.

If you want to work your butt off, travel, and have a lot of fun using great gear - CABELA'S IS FOR YOU!
fun, but would have loved more hours
Outfitter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2015
a typical day at work was stocking shelves, helping customers, and working with my team
I learned great people skills
management was very professional my coworkers were all very nice and very helpful

the hardest part of my job would have to be the scheduling
the most enjoyable part would have to be working with my coworkers
Would be nice place to work if had better scheduling !!!!!
Deli outfitter (Current Employee), Thornton, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for deli outfitter
Cons: Not enough help when needed!
The hardest part of this job is always working by your self! But almost all co workers are nice ppl. I work in the Deli. And they have great food!
Cabelas
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowling Green KyApril 28, 2015
Working at Cabelas was a great experience i loved my co workers and advanced my knowledge in the outdoors. The most enjoyable part of my job at cabelas was the interaction with the customers and staff. i loved being able to answer question and help make there outdoor experience great.
LOVE!
Customer Service (Part-Time/Seasonal) (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Compensations, Benefits, management
Cons: Long hours
Cabela's was a fun experience in my job experience. Pay was pretty descent. Love my cabela's team! Management was awesome. The only bad thing was long hours.
Great place for an outdoorsman to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Caring, competent management. Meeting with new people.
Cons: Irregular scheduling of work hours- e.g. closing one night and having to open the next morning.
Overall, an excellent place to work, though the lack of a regular schedule could be trying. Management was extremely competent, and really cared about the workers. A fun place to have a job for an outdoorsman.
family oriented a great place to work
back end outfitter fulltime (Current Employee), christiana delaware #53April 14, 2015
Pros: i
I am a backend outfitter fulltime
at store#53 in christiana Delaware.
my store is amazing the people are great and the MGRS lead from the front and always willing to teach.
the relationship I have with my fellow outfitters exceeds a working
or even friend type bond its more like family!
they truly are my bros and sisters I love my job and the people I work with.
Great outdoor minded culture; strong team environment.
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with; outdoor culture created a great environment to work in.
Cons: Work life balance was a challenge.
Work life balance is difficult due to business schedule/needs.

Teams throughout business are highly dedicated, and in my opinion are some of the best found in retail.
Retail
IT Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Sidney, NEMarch 30, 2015
 Produce Strategic Planning and communication to Executives
 Build weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for IT and Executives
 Maintain relationship between IT and business
 Project Audits
 Organizational communication
 Create Standard Operating Procedures for current position
Great team workers and good benefits
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAMarch 21, 2015
As manager, I worked between 9-11 hours day. Opening and closing the store. Hardest part was dealing with rescheduling employees to meet the demand of the store and incoming freight.
Day at work
Task Team Lead (Former Employee), Richfield, WIMarch 16, 2015
Excellent team atmosphere, great with their employees treat you like on of the cabalas family, stress free family place to work at where they make the customers feel like they are also part of the total cabalas experiance.
It is a fun place to work but need a full time job.
Switchboard operator (Current Employee), Acworth, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: people that i work with
Cons: the hours
I enjoy the employees I work with. I do not come in contact with customers other than on the phones. Some of the management teams are great. Over all the company works well with their employees and the operation of the company is great. The hardest part of the job is the hours.
great guys and great work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 1 dollar lunch program
great while it lasted but was seasonal so was short lived.
the other guys there were a great bunch of guys.
got to run scissor lifts and td carts ect was alot of fun.
Vendor Relations Manager-Softlines
Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee), Sidney, NEMarch 7, 2015
Negotiating, partnering and collaborating with major vendors for process improvements within Merchandising. Managed a team of 12 that effectively reduced which effectively reduced chargebacks impacting increased margin and bottom line results.
productive work environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the people i was able to work with
Cons: not enough hours in a day to accomplish task
Great environment to work in, great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people. The company is really relaxed help people.
Loved the energy the name Cabelas encites in the customers.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: benefits and pay do not match the economy
I loved the company because of it's history and heritage it began with. As it has grown, it is clear that long term employment with the company is not one of their primary goals. The work is enjoyable while challenging.
I held a team leader position when I left. I took escalated calls, processed credit line increases, approved credit card applications, worked on projects in between calls.
I learned soft skills, and banking processes.
Management followed mandates well.
I loved my co-workers. We supported each other well.
Too narrow of call time allowance.
The people I worked directly with.
Was fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Platte,NEMarch 3, 2015
Learned how to solve customer concerns and problems. The Management could be more supportive. Co-workers were amazing.
Updated resume
Customer service in all areas of the store (Current Employee), Post Falls, IDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dealing with the public and working with the employees who are great!
Cons: hours constantly being cut and very physical work, raises are very small
I am a loyal and hard worker. I am looking for a job where I can use my clerical and customer service experience to the benefit of my new employer.
Hours at Cabela's vary week to week. I am looking for something more stable.
I do a lot of lifting as I have to throw freight almost everyday. They have cut back positions. Most of the time I work more than one department because we are so short handed. Raises are very small. Average is less than 20 cents an hour after a full year even with a excellent work history.
Sub par pay, inconsistent scheduling, slow advancement
Archery Outfitter (Current Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pay starts at $9 an hour and can only be raised upon working there a year for a maximum of 3% per year. Scheduling can be up to 45 hours a week during a busy season and you'll be lucky if you get more than 10 a week in off season. Management is pretty good. You're in customer service so be prepared to deal with all sorts of people.
Great work environment and coworkers. Have a passion for what I do.
Bow Technician (Current Employee), Billings, MontanaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: i get to work with items i am passionate about.
Cons: it is only a part time job, not enough hours.
I try to greet every customer with a smile and a nice hello. I then will help them with anything they are looking for in the store. I keep our shelves stocked full of inventory. I will put together news bows we have received, and I will repair customer's bows they bring in. I help every customer I talk with leave with a smile on their face. We have very knowledgable employees at our store, if there is something I do not know I can always call someone who is an expert in that field. It's very enjoyable talking about something you are passionate about and seeing how passionate your customers are about the same things. The hardest part about my job is getting enough hours of work.
Headquarters