Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place for outdoors people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIOctober 3, 2017
I loved the job, but the management was horrible and could be so much better than it was. Over worked people and didn’t want to pay over time. The pay should be better, especially for how they treat there workers.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Short to no breaks, lunch sometimes. Awful management
Drama-filled and poorly managed
Seasonal Club Booth Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 27, 2017
Cabala's employees are obsessed with drama and suck everyone in. The management is terrible. The company runs on hot air and rifle-loving hillbillies.
Great Company
Powersports Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 26, 2017
Cabela's was a great place to work, I was able to learn new skills and use my previous knowledge adequately. I looked forward to coming into work everyday!
Pros
friendly staff and management
Cons
not applicable
ok place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTSeptember 25, 2017
its an ok place to work, not very many hours are allowed to work since they have many employees but overall a good place if you are interested in working here
good for a college student
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2017
Cabelas is a good place to work for a college student. doing the same thing can get old but for a temporary person with no skills its alright great place to work
Good starting job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 22, 2017
This was a good place for a first time job. There are great benefits for the employees and the competitive commissions help drive the work place in a fun way.
Great co workers
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 22, 2017
When I first started at Cabelas it was a caring, relaxed environment where management worked hard to help with flexible hours or time off. As Cabelas began a buyout process, life there became about the bottom line. No overtime was allowed during Peak, we just had to work harder and be behind. Personnel shakeups were hard on us, and most of the management is now gone. Very stressful.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Management turmoil
Their management will corrupt them...
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 22, 2017
After working in the warehouse at the Waco location I realized that I didn't even want to finish my degree in management because their management team ruined it for me. The warehouse is a department they pretty much trap you in so there is no room for advancing within the store if you start in warehouse unless you transfer to another store. The management at the Waco location is a joke. They sit in the office the entire day and only come out long enough to gripe at outfitters about the creditcard they require you to push or how they aren't making sales. I could go on for days, but I can tell you it's a dog eat dog world there. Good luck.
Pros
Food every other thursday
Fast paced work environment
Fishing Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 21, 2017
Cabela's asks a lot of its employees but the compensation isn't too bad and the discounts and access to products are great. There are pros and cons and strong personnel and poor personnel as with any workplace.
No Advancement
Back End Retail (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Typical day includes hard labor, long hours. Management is discriminatory towards woman in the warehouse. There is little to no advancement opportunities in the Warehouse. Being a part time position medical and most benefits are not applicable.
very competitive sales staff
Gun Library Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 20, 2017
I routinely overheard my co-workers given inaccurate and misleading information to inexperienced and unknowing customers. I spoke directly with my co-workers about the need to provide safe, accurate, and helpful advice to prospective firearms buyers, but changes were not forthcoming. I then talked with my manager (a great guy to work for, by the way) but learned that my co-workers had been at Cabela's for a long time and his hands were tied. i also talked with the floor manager and the store manager with no results. I realized nothing was going to change... I was not comfortable with the work ethic displayed by my co-workers, so I decided to leave Cabela's.
Goods sales pitch for employment, but lacked empathy for employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 19, 2017
GM wouldn't stay around for long. Seems they would only stay for about 6 months and then move to another store. The location I worked at was a training ground apparently for new managers. Mid-level management was great for the most part, but didn't have much say in some matters.
Pros
Some great people to work with
Cons
poor pay, poor management, treat you like a child who is 6
All around good job ok pay.
ATF Admin (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NESeptember 18, 2017
Good job. Hard to compete with younger kids willing to work for nothing. Some times to much work is expected to be done and it's hard to get normal duties done.
Job Review
Seasonal Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WISeptember 18, 2017
It was just a temporary job for me, Easy but really boring at times. The management was decent enough. Cabela's kept adding pointless programs for their employees.
Productive and Fast paced
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MISeptember 18, 2017
fun place to work, great co-workers and management. Fast paced, must like to interact with the public. The hardest part of the job is closing and having to straighten up the store at night. They reward you for everything and are always doing fun contests.
Pros
long breaks and fun atmosphere
Cons
late nights
Was a very fun job, great co workers. Management could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 16, 2017
Cabelas was like a family, my co workers were my friends and most days the job was very enjoyable. Management could be better. They focus on selling the cabelas club card and less on customer service.
Pros
Provided lunch on occassion
Cons
Having to request time off 1 month in advance
fun place to work at
Outfitter (Current Employee) –  Buda, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Cabela's is an exciting place to work at where you can talk about your passions. The management team is thoughtful and willing to help you out. If you do not know something about a topic, you can always find someone who will be willing to teach you.
Great place to work and good pay for retail
Cabelas Club Visa Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WISeptember 13, 2017
Cabela's is a great company to work for. I love the environment and the managers are usually pretty good. I just think this company has integrity and treats their employees fairly, the one thing I didn't like though is they kind of force you to push their credit card upon customers.
Pros
Good pay, Good management
Cons
Expect every employee to promote credit cards on every single customer
Good employees
Firearms Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 12, 2017
I mostly enjoyed working for Cabela's. I would recommend to a friend seeking a different opportunity. Would like to move up in job responsibilities more often than not.
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
Pay is a little low
hard working place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVSeptember 12, 2017
u have to keep up with your rate. u have tacks to pick from u scan product and put in boxes and when your task is done u put the boxes on a belt that get sent to the truck . and u start another task .that what u do all day till all task are out and done.
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
2 15 breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.