Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Outfitter (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJanuary 26, 2015
Overall, working at Cabela's is great. They offer great employee discounts and have an awesome break room. At times, especially around the holidays, that the work load becomes difficult, but that is expected during that time of year.
Awesome and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2015
This was the best place to work because everyone is so friendly and caring. Everyone helps each other out and you saw so many different kinds of people. Cabela's is not a store that you ever need to go into it is a store you want to go into because you love your hobby. From fishing to hunting and camping, all the great outdoors inside one building with experts in each area to help you find the perfect item that you need.
its a place where you can be yourself. just be dressed apropriatly.
seasonal employee (Former Employee), laceyJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: lunch is long enough.
Cons: short break
It is a great place to work and I appreciate the help you get from the employees with more experience. not hostile but competitive in a good sense.
It was a fun place to work.
Gun Counter (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 18, 2015
It's kind of hard to advance if you aren't CLOSE with the management.
Challenging and fun
Softlines Outfitter (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Outfitted customers in proper gear for whatever they were going to do. Whether it was hunting, fishing, hiking, or camping. My coworkers were great, a nice drama free zone. Management was never rude, nor abused their authority. The hardest part for me was trying to get folks to sign up for the CLUB credit card. It was expected to have at least one sign up a day. Other than that Cabela's truly cares about their customers. It was a nice change from previous jobs.
Fun place to work.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Cashier - checking customer out and answering questions about products.
Fun and exciting place but weekends werent fun at all
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Royse City, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Cabelas is a place every outdoors person would love to work bc you get to learn and talk about your hobby everyday. Being in retail is hard considering weekends and advancement was slim to none because of favoritism. Overall very fun and the discounts didnt hurt either
only for kids
customer service (Former Employee), union gap, waJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: management, pay is lousy, raises pennies
What started out as a great team atmosphere has been lost. Management is short term, and no longer same values as when the store opened. Don't look to work here and "move up". its not going to happen. The current management will only hire for management outside of store. Has done his best to get rid of almost all the original team, and brought moral into the toilet. Im not bitter, I enjoyed working there, up until the new management. I wasn't looking to move up, just watched many qualified, dedicated workers get passed over to outside resources. The people who work at outpost 1
generally have good hearts and care about each other and the store.
they just don't get recognition like they should. or used to.
Hunting Store
Cashier (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 30, 2014
Great Store, Great place to work! Very fast pace, very educational
fast paced retail
PICS Department (Former Employee), Hamburg, PADecember 29, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: typical retail hours and rushes
standard retail job with the exception of being geared towards the outdoors lifestyle
dont waste your time
Bargain Cave Lead (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: i got good deals on bargain cave items
Cons: everything else
i have been an outdoorsman all my life and when i found out cabelas was opening a store in my area i jumped at the oprotunity to get a job there. it started pretty fun and they took care of me quite well sending me on a week and a half completely paid for training program in a cabelas in another state. i only had 3 out of the 12 days there that actually had usable training advise for my position the rest of the time i was only used for muscle to move heavy stuff for them. they proceeded with their normally brainwashing and the typical "we are a family" speaches once i got back. the lack of comunication skills in this company is amazing and im surprised the store is still running. once cabelas got a new CEO the changed everything with the company. the double the amount of stores they had and made them half of the size. now if anyone has been inside an original cabelas they know how beautiful it is and breathtaking. these stores make cabelas on the same level as dicks or gander mountain, even bass pro. it is a high stress environment where managers are barely there and when they are they only bark half assed orders to make themselves look good. dont recomend
Morning meetings so that you knew what to expect.
Task Team Lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2014
Pros: in store games for food and prizes
Cons: the drive to the store and home thru lots of traffic
Fast paced environment, very helpful crew. I learned that Customer Service is a plus. Management very helpful and willing to teach. Co-workers were willing to help out in different departments when needed. The hardest part of the job was inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customer happy.
Cool products to sell, management has priorities backwards.
Part-time Outfitter (Current Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 17, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch after working 7+ hours, paid breaks, allowed to demo products in store.
Cons: terrible management, expected to do more than is possible in one shift, management cares more about the cabela's credit card than sales, only way to move up is if you are best friends with managements and get club cards, always short-staffed, do not always get proper breaks.
On a normal day at work, there is usually one or two outfitters working in each department. I would check the warehouse for any freight that came in that morning or night before that needs to be put out. I would then bring back any freight to my department and begin putting it away in the warehouse while simultaneously watching the floor, unless there is coverage. Throughout the day we would stock the shelves, assist customers, check prices, create display tags, answer phone calls, do dock shipments/store-to-store transfers, etc..
Fun work environment with excellent managment
Cashier/ Footwear Sales (Former Employee), Dundee, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks an 8+ hours shift
A typical day at work was 5-8 hours, but never the same schedule
Cabela's
Marketing (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: work atmosphere, co-workers
Cons: pay
Great work atmosphere. Benefits were ok. Pay was terrible.
Multi task
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Tulalip, WADecember 9, 2014
Being able to multi task and also being able to answer phone calls while assisting workers. By getting them radios, RF guns, keys and iPod's. Also being able to look up things for customers and being able to take messages for other departments.
Its in your Nature
Firearm Salesman (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 8, 2014
Work there if you only want part time work, if not its not worth it as the only way you can advance in the company is not through hard work but by kissing upper managements butt
Love the break times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 5, 2014
Pros: you get your own cubicle
Cons: calling in takes way longer
I only worked there for 2 weeks but i liked the environment. They were really helpful.
Wonderful place to work - great people, great opportunity for advancement!
Department Lead (Current Employee), Lone Tree, CODecember 5, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, free lunches, great employee discounts
Every day is like Christmas, here. I love the people I work with and I have made some great friends here. I also love the interaction with our customers, and knowing that my expertise and knowledge has helped someone to better enjoy their adventure in the outdoors.

The work can be hard and the hours long, and it can be difficult to plan events around the fluctuating schedule, but management is very accommodating if you need to change your schedule, or if you need time off for personal reasons.

Turn-over is high, but it is mostly with the younger employees who lack a strong work ethic. I work with military enlisted and officers, a medical doctor, an attorney, an architect, a Ph.D. and a few former business owners, all of whom are retired and who don't really "need" the money, but who love the outdoors and the opportunity to share their knowledge of the outdoors with our customers.
Great Place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Praire du Chien WINovember 26, 2014
1st job I had but for the most part it is a very good job for a warehouse job.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more

Cabela's Inc. Salaries