Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

boring
Order/Call taker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 11, 2018
long days at sitting in one place waiting for the phone to ring. This was only a seasonal position for extra money for Christmas. I would have went back for another seasonal year but my schedule didn't work out.
very fast paced competitive
supervisor rec.dept, (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NEJanuary 10, 2018
enjoyable place to work, fast paced making sure to get trucks unloaded and merchandise checked in in a timely manner and to the warehouses to be shipped out
Pros
employee discounts, bonuses
Cons
long hours.heavy lifting
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I liked it but my position was only seasonal so I was unable to stay as long as I would’ve like since they have so many employees already from the normal season
very poor
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJanuary 9, 2018
there are no benefits unless you are with in management. management isn't very supportive and the hours you work are never consistent. You can be a part time employee and they will schedule you full time with out the benefits. Not a good place to work if you have a family. they require you to work weekends as most retail positions do.
good place to work
packing/sorting outfitter (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 8, 2018
great place to work made a lot of friends and great bosses, short breaks great people to work for. The peak season is crazy but it slows down eventually.
Pros
gas station like market in break rooms
Cons
short breaks
Very relaxed. got along well with other coworkers. great enthusiasm
Footwear Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Every morning started off with the morning meeting, which went over the current events happening in the store. Then we split off into our own departments where we set up for the opening shifts. The management in all departments are absolutely exceptional. They are all, by far, some of the best managers I have ever worked under. Everyone got along with one another, which really boosted the morality of the store all together. The most difficult part of the job was staying organized through the holidays as we got increasingly busy, but with the help of all of my coworkers, we all got through the season wonderfully.
A fun place to work!
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 7, 2018
Most employees at Cabela's are pleasant and fun to work with. They seem to be happy with their jobs. A typical day includes helping people find the gear they need to do an outdoor adventure.
I recommend working for Cabela's if you can relate to outdoor life!
Pool table tv refesments
Sales consultant Power Sports division (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Very nice break room , not much time to get lunch location of restaurants are away from work.Retail customers can be hard to deal with at times . The people you work with are great .
Pros
coffee, popcorn
Cons
non
Fast Paced Retail
Footwear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2018
If you want to work hard for low pay around fun people then this is for you. They take advantage of the fun environment to pay less. Employee discounts are good. Management is mixed, some good. Some bad. Busiest departments are Footwear and Firearms. Footwear pays low. Firearms is better but hard to get.
Pros
Occasionally can earn the ability to purchase products at close to cost
Cons
Breaks we are supposed to take don’t happen very often. Pay sucks.
Loved the people i worked with but no one was treated fair for the jobs we had or what we did
Customer Service, Sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Loved the people i worked with, but no one was treated fair for what jobs we had to do work extra things we helped with. Tell have a few people in management that shouldn't be
Pros
Team Work in Warehouse
Cons
The one time one dream is not true
very poor, and stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 4, 2018
in the end I really hated the job. The management could care less about anyone, and would hide from the employees during "peak", so they wouldn't have to answer any questions, leaving everyone to do their jobs too.
Pros
somewhat flexible hours
Cons
the management sucks
Decent Place to Work for a Male
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 4, 2018
I believe Cabela's would have been a nice and fun place to work if I had had better management. I think I just happened to be unlucky and have a bad manager, but as a girl in a place primarily run by males, I didn't always have a very good time. The security was bad, so it was primarily up to us outfitters to stop thieves, and my experience with management was really rough. I was lied to by a few managers, and taken advantage of. I do not recommend this job to any young females.
Pros
Fair lunches and breaks
Cons
bad management, bad security
Fast paced, great work environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJanuary 4, 2018
great place to work! Would definitely recommend a friend or family member to apply there. received great training, and the hours were flexible as i was in school while working there!
Very fun and relaxed environment for anyone who loves the outdoors.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Cabelas is one of those jobs where if you love anything outdoors, the job will provide all the joy in the world for you. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who loves Hunting, Fishing and pretty much anything you could think about outdoor wise.
Pros
Very relaxed, and fun work environment.
Cons
Dealing with messy customers who dont pick up after themselves.
very poor managment
Gun inspector (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 3, 2018
The manager there was very poor beleived he only got job because he worked at Walmart,he was let go 3 months after I left. Store has gone through 5 managers since I`ve left.had a lot of ego,s
Boy will be boys environment
Logistics Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NEJanuary 3, 2018
Se*ual harassment at its finest. screamed at on a daily basis then showered with lotions, flowers. this happened only to the female employees, mind you. I lasted 9 months
Productive and fast paced
Forklift Operator / General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVJanuary 2, 2018
As soon as I arrived I got straight to work. The management would always help if there were issues needing fixed. Everyone got along which made a good environment for work.
Customer Service Lead
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJanuary 2, 2018
As a Customer Service Lead: My responsibilities were, managing up to 15 cashiers, 6 customer service staff, cash office oversight and daily reconciliation of income and expenses. Cash machine trouble shooting and maintenance. Dealing with continual service questions, complaints and problems that required management oversight. This was a big job for the amount of pay I received. Cabelas should be ashamed of how they treat their Customer Service Leads. I would say that this is the toughest job in the store, and it merits a wage that is par with Department Sales Coaches.
Great employees and an overall fun atmosphere
Firearms Operations/ Gun Counter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 2, 2018
I was part of the grand opening team and worked in firearms the entire time. I learned most everything about the firearms retail process. I went from almost no knowledge on optics to one of the best in my department with the teaching tools provided by the company. I learned and excelled at mounting scopes and other optics onto firearms. Became proficient with all necessary ATF compliance aspects and firearms transaction process.
Pros
Very welcoming staff who shared a lot of advice with each other, fairly regular schedule, regular work assessments, and product discounts from manufacturers.
Cons
A large amount of management did not understand the firearm operations needs and requirements, Extreme focus on the credit card offers
Worlds foremost outfitter
Gun Library Oufitter (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cabela's. All of my coworkers were very intelligent on a lot of outdoor matters. We each had our specialties, and we each had our weaknesses on certain subjects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.