Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst managers ever!
All positions (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 23, 2017
Working at Cabela's is a great place when you want to engage customer service while working with associates. Most of issue at the work place is that if the managers or associates don't like you they want to find ways to get you fired. I have been working for Cabela's for almost a year now and they managers got so careless to their associates. They get on you on over little things that you haven't done wrong. Even thought they pay good money to their employees, don't trust your co-workers and managers they will try to get you fired or make you quiet.
Pros
work enviroment, customer service, pay roll, and experiecne
Cons
managers, coworkers, leads, and some impatient customers.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sorter/Packer (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NEFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work for me is me getting there at 5:30 and start sorting the product for the packers to pack. After I get the sorting out to the people that pack it then I go and help pack. From my time there I have learned that the customer is always right.
Most fun job I ever had! Pay isn't great, but you got a discount merchandise.
Outfitter (store start-up) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 22, 2017
Loved meeting and assisting customers from all over the world. Co-workers were great!! Loved my manager.

It was a fun company to work for, if the pay were better, I would go back.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 21, 2017
You can actually learn a lot working retail at cabelas. I've personally learned quite a bit of fishing and camping skills from other outfitters. The management team is nice and are always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part is getting customers to sign up for the club Visa card.
Pros
Discount and incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun Partnership
Management (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 21, 2017
Fast paced friendly environment. Team environment with customer service at heart. Add on sales with 4 most focus with club membership offers. Team takes care of each other.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXFebruary 21, 2017
the employer really tried to show the appreciation for the employees with bbqs, etc. learned new things everyday and was able to meet new people from different places.
Pros
showed how appreciated you were
Cons
doctors notes werent accepted
Productive employees with bad managerial staff.
Optics Outfitter (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Everyone of the outfitters in Saginaw work hard and we all get along well and have extensive knowledge wjere we can help one another. However most of the managers don't realize the importance of us and don't acknowledge the work we do. Overall, it's a decent place to work but could be a lot better.
Pros
Some workplace events that provide fun entertaining atmosphere.
Cons
Bad managerial staff, no incentive.
Fun workplace, great experience!
Distribution Center Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVFebruary 18, 2017
Great overall experience. Work with a lot of great people and the work is not hard. Really enjoy my work. Breaks are nice, two 20 minute paid breaks per shift.
Pros
Nice breaks, great atmosphere, good work experience
Cons
pay is fair
Being talked down to all the time was not fun
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The people made it fun, the management was stressful. Got weird stares and hated the managers. Helped build the store, but was too much stress. I like that I was in the bad a lot.
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buda, TXFebruary 14, 2017
It was a typical retail job, I loved the loyalty that my co-workers and I had. Other than that, there was nothing super special or horrible about this place.
productive workplace nice staff
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  tridelphiaFebruary 11, 2017
over all it was a nice place to work and they always had something for you to do. The shift leads were very nice and they always kept you in the loop of what was going on.
Pros
free meals, special sales
Not what it used to be.
Retail Hardlines Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 11, 2017
Worked for Cabela's for over 6 years in many capacities ranging from Seasonal Outfitter to Senior Manager. My first few years with the company proved to be excited, encouraging, and family oriented which made it a great place to be. The last 3 years the company began to struggle due to poor management, overly aggressive expansion, and cost cutting that heavily impacted our ability to do our jobs effectively. Once Dick Cabela died the core culture of the company was virtually abandoned overnight and the downfall began. If you are looking for a career opportunity I would seek that elsewhere as job security and the future of the company are going to be a gamble at the best.
Pros
Fun industry to be in, discounts on products
Cons
Work/life balance, wages, job security, poor top level leadership
going public created hostile work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2017
managers began telling employees they would work with school, and other work, schedules and then gave hours that would not allow for employees to continue. Part-time became 'up to 32 hours/week' when government changed insurance rules. Breaks and lunches were ignored since no coverage was available. Employees required to learn all departments and work them alone because management cuts hours. Unclear direction, unnecessary paperwork, unclear direction. No one knows what to do in any situation because they allow rules to change depending on how their day goes.
Pros
really cool items
Cons
management
Lack of good management,
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Working there is fun and i love the work but the management is poor and needs worked on.The hardest part about the job is the management the actual job is easy but dealing with poor management ruins every day.
Fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 7, 2017
Fun work place, very friendly workers. Management isn't the greatest and are very unorganized! They pay good, but you also work hard! Just show up to work on time and don't call in and you'll be good.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 7, 2017
work is fun and clean and a good environment, pay sucks, don't expect a lot of hours. decent employee discount. Management is engentic
Racist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 6, 2017
Environemnt was very racist. If youre black don't work here. Customers arwe very mean and employees will ignore you. Its a good place of white people.
Fun workplace ; treats employees very well!
Customer Service Associate/Lead (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Cabela's is an awesome company to work for. I have become very knowledgeable with retail, customer satisfaction, working diligently in a fast pace environment, and customer care. Cabela's treats employees with respect and always are giving incentives to push us to do better within the company and ourselves. I enjoy going into work, the people I work with, and management. I am looking for something a little different, even though I love my job I am looking to do something more in office management, accounting, office assistant area. I strive at those things and it's what I love best.
If you love outdoors this is the place for you.
Marine associate (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Fantastic work place with great scenery with a great co workers. Lots of room to grow! You actually get to have one on one time with the customer to really create growth and awareness.
Na
cashier (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Cabelas is a good employer.
Take care of customers,. give good customer service.
Management could of been better, but was decent.
Nothing was hard about Cabela's.
Being with good, fun customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval