Cabell Huntington Hospital

Cabell Huntington Hospital Employee Reviews

chh
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Huntington, WVMay 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overworked
good place to work for the most part. Good benefits. sometimes over worked. Clean facility up to date...........................................................................
A great place to work
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMarch 18, 2015
Pros: camden park, reduced lunch
Cons: too many pts. in one day
It made you proud that you worked at that hospital, knowing that their goals were to save lives and you were apart of this process.
good Benefits
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), huntington, wvMarch 12, 2015
Pay and Benefits are amazing, over the years thiings have changed and the management is horrible. however pay and insunce is the best around
Great first job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Huntington, WVFebruary 25, 2015
This was my first job after graduation and it was a very close nit group with great challenges and I was promoted and trained to do more than one job.
Exciting career with advancement opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Emergency departmentOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fast paced, meet new people daily, and use multiple nursing skills daily.
Cons: hardly ever downtime for a break.
Fast paced work environment with life and death decisions to be made at times. Friendly work environment with a great team of doctors, nurses and patient care assistants. This department comes with happiness and loss. The hardest part are the young that come in with a poor outcome. On the other hand the most enjoyable aspect is helping people.
Surgical services needs a lot of improvement. Horribly mismanaged.
Certified surgical technologist (Current Employee), Huntington, WVOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free benefits
Cons: no breaks, low call pay, mismanaged
Being a member of the surgery team can be very rewarding the management however, leaves a lot to be desired!! The department is very understaffed so you can count on working endless overtime and weekends. Management does not last more than a year at a time. Only long enough to come in, wreak havoc, changes rules, and then be fired. The management focuses on irrelevant aspects and not patient care centered. Most surgeons are really great to work with. The daily majority of cases are neuro and ortho with sub-specialities filling up the rest of the schedule. The benefits are excellent and the starting pay is equal to other local hospitals. Sadly, you get no recognition for being certified. A job in the surgery department here is a choice of the benefits outweighing the headaches. There is a lot of room to make more money with call and mandatory overtime. The on-call pay needs to greatly improve.
RN
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Huntington, WVOctober 13, 2014
This is a Great Hospital to be employed for. Great co-workers. Helpful management. Patient satisfaction is the most enjoying part of the day.
I loved this job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 27, 2014
Pros: educational
Cons: not much of a social life
I worked on the trauma team for 10 years it was very educational. I retrived patients off of the helicoptor as part of my duties.
Legal Department Intern (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 9, 2014
I enjoyed working in the legal department at CHS. I learned a lot about the legal area within the medical field. This internship allowed me to develop a greater understanding of different fields within the legal profession.
Good place to work; really nice people
Hospital Dispatcher (Former Employee), huntington, wvAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good people; real decent place to work; not much face to face customer service
Cons: hours; working weekends, holidays, evenings; everything went by seniority and not a lot of affordable benefits for part timers
Coming to work around 4p and leaving by either 9p or 12midnight was most of my shifts. Weekends took your entire day if you were not on morning shift which was by seniority if you got to work it or not. Pretty much just answering phones and dispatching calls to the correct departments and patient's rooms was a typical day. There were always two in the office and you worked independently most of the time. Worked as a team for calling codes and documenting the information. Job was pretty easy, just learned it was not for me and needed to make a career move. Short shifts in the evenings but long middle shift on weekends. Was part time so a lot of the benefits and insurance did not apply to me.
Pediatric focused echos, enjoyed coworkers and team.
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 4, 2014
Glad to have the opportunity to learn pediatric echos, Really enjoyed working with coworkers.
Very Progressive Hospital
registration (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 18, 2014
Pros: progressive health care system
Cons: budget cuts and managmeent out of touch
Great progressive hospital stays on the cutting edge of technology. Wonderful employees, however, management is very out of touch with reality. Budget cuts abound as is necessary in health care today, however, there is a palatable tension between employees and management that you can actually feel. Not recommended,
Extremely busy
Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Huntington, WVJune 29, 2014
Extremely busy facility but it does not hire nurses at the same rate as the patient population grows. Outpatient Surgery is staffed with daily mandates. Pay and benefits are excellent.
fast paced job
Customer Service Representative/Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntington, WVApril 25, 2014
Love the job and nursing staff. Due to hours cut seeking full time employment.
great employees!
ANSOS Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: environment
I learned a lot with most of my work experience at this facility. I've known a lot of good people, and some not so good. But that's everything and everywhere!
Fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntington, WVFebruary 7, 2014
Cabell is a fun workplace and most individuals are nice and friendly. I do feel that this company is political in employment.
Float Pool always gave me a different atmosphere to work in every day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntington, WVDecember 5, 2013
Pros: rotating to different floors and getting to make my own schedule.
Cons: rn's have a hard time getting a full break, and some floors the staff did not work well as a team.
Assess patients, then start med pass, dressing changes, charting. Would have to discharge and admit patients. Learned different things on each floor. Management was different on each floor. Some nurse managers would come to work in scrubs, and help if they could, and others would never come out of their offices. Some co-workers would work as teams, and other floors would leave you to your own patients. The hardest part of the job was not knowing a floor well, if you had not worked it much. The most enjoyable part was getting to know everyone in the hospital and getting to learn new things on different floors.
Great atmosphere to wor
RN-Pediatrics (Current Employee), Hungtington WvAugust 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours worked
Charge Nurse and/or staff nurse. Care for newborns to young adults.
cabell
CT Technologist Weekend Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 2, 2013
Pros: paid insurance
Cons: stuck on weekends
Out of the 10 years I worked at Cabell, most of the time I worked weekends. I didn't scan scheduled patients all were ER.

Most enjoyable part were my co-workers.
Hardest part was when patients would die.
Healthcare industry with staff that is focused on patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMay 30, 2013
Pros: patient care was rewarding
Cons: downsizing staff and overworking was common
Staff was kind and patient oriented. Not much room for advancement, but pay was comparable to other states. New changes in policy, benefits, and staffing made recently do not follow the original plan of the hospital.

Cabell Huntington Hospital Salaries