Cabell Huntington Hospital Employee Reviews

Hard working
Excellent benefits
Friendly environment
Friendly staff
A typical day is busy busy but night shift believes in teamwork and gets the job done
Great place to work .
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 12, 2016
I love my job. I have great benefits and staff to work with. There are tons of opportunities to advance. I have been there 8 years and moved around within the company to finally be in a full time position.
Pros
insurance
Cons
drive for me to work
Ok place to work most of the time.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 9, 2016
Great benefits, depends on what department you work in if management is good or not. Advanced pay raises, little room to move up.
Pros
Free Medical/Dental, Excellent pay
Cons
Management doesn't listen, treated as a number instead of a person.
This internship is fun and productive. This is helping to get an real time experience of what I studied in class.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 23, 2016
I am currently working at information systems department where I am gaining the knowledge as am new to techincal stuff. Now I am getting both technical and managerial skills from this internship.
Pros
Free lunch
Fast paced, productive work environment
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 24, 2016
Friendly workplace. Good teamwork between nurses and techs. Between 15-25 patients seen each day ranging from neonatal to geriatric. Call shifts make for long work days. Many different procedures performed allowed for more knowledge to be gained. Seeing procedures from picc lines to priority one traumas keeps the job interesting.
Gained alot of experience in medical field at CHH.
Registrar/Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 6, 2016
First job - gained valuable experience dealing with the public / patients. Great team work and respect for co-workers. The hardest part of the job was narcotic delivery - no one seemed to want to take responsibility and check them in at the nursing stations
Pros
Great benefits. Annual cost of living raises.
Cons
No cons.
a great community hospital
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 24, 2016
Working at Cabell Huntington Hospital is very interesting. You never know what is going to happen that day. Every day, a new life is brought into the world, which makes the day joyable. I worked as a housekeeper, which is an important part in keeping our community safe and free of hospital acquired infections.
Pros
breaks, healthcare, good benefits
Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 24, 2016
I have been an intern here for several months and the staff here is very smart and are great with people. I am very glad that I had the chance to come here and learn from the exercise physiologists that are here so that I will be able to go on and get my own job and excel at it.
Absolutely wonderful daily experience
LDR Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington WVApril 15, 2016
I have been trained to have superior skilled patient care in the Labor and Delivery unit of the hospital. High risk patients are seen daily which provides additional experience in this area that might not be seen in other areas. The hardest part of the job is knowing that not all infants born will go to the safest environments at home after leaving our care. Although the most enjoyable thing about my job is being a part of such a miracle on a daily basis; the gift of life!
Place for advancement
Registered Nurse/ Clinician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 5, 2016
I have learned that it is better to involve family more in the care of the patients. My co-workers are always ready to help and we pitch in to help each other with admissions and with care when needed. The hardest part of my job is seeing those patient's last moments and feeling like you could do nothing to prevent it. On the flip side, is the rewarding part of seeing the sickest of the sick get well and leave the hospital.
Pros
Healthcare

Want to know more about Cabell Huntington Hospital?

Ask a question
Joint Replacement Center
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked at CHH for 3 years in the Joint Replacement Center. They have provide excellent patient care and treat their employees well.
Great place to work!
Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 27, 2015
Cabell Huntington Hospital is a great place staffed with people who truly care about their patients and employees! This makes all the difference in the world.
Surgical Assistant
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  operating roomOctober 20, 2015
Assisted surgeons on a daily basis. I enjoyed taking call and getting called in for trauma cases. I'm specialized in ortho and spine.
Nice colleagues
Information System Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 1, 2015
lacking of new job opportunity. Nice working environments. Very helpful colleagues. They should be a little more organized.
Employer of Chopice in the region
VP of H R and Org Dev (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 3, 2015
Center of Excellence. 2015 Top 100 Best places to work. I was very successful transforming the overall culture. Employees are now proud to be a part of this fast growing organization but there are significant trust issues within the organization in particular with new senior leaders and their management style. They don't take well to criticism for the sake oaf improvement in employee relations.

HR team was awarded in 2011 and 2015 Top Human Resource Team in the Country with a Stevie by the American Business Bureau.

The most difficult part of my job has always catered around dismissals. Knowing the profound impact this has on families who rely on the high income paid to staff who work for this organization.

As the lead on all organizational development activities I enjoyed the stand up mentoring and training of the high potentials within the organization.
Pros
Great benefit package, friendly work envioronment
Cons
Going through a merger integration
Union
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 16, 2015
Reviewing all blue cross remits from a-k for outpt and inpt..Did any corrections that needed made and made sure blue cross stayed within negotiated contract
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
UNION PROTECTING THE SLACKERS
Its a fair place to work.
Flight Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2015
I worked there eighteen part time. The upper management leave a feeling that they don't care as much for their employees. The staff was good to work with.
A great place to work
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 18, 2015
It made you proud that you worked at that hospital, knowing that their goals were to save lives and you were apart of this process.
Pros
Camden Park, reduced lunch
Cons
Too many pts. in one day
good Benefits
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  huntington, wvMarch 12, 2015
Pay and Benefits are amazing, over the years thiings have changed and the management is horrible. however pay and insunce is the best around
Great first job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 25, 2015
This was my first job after graduation and it was a very close nit group with great challenges and I was promoted and trained to do more than one job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2