Cabell Huntington Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Employer of Chopice in the region
VP of H R and Org Dev (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 3, 2015
Center of Excellence. 2015 Top 100 Best places to work. I was very successful transforming the overall culture. Employees are now proud to be a part of this fast growing organization but there are significant trust issues within the organization in particular with new senior leaders and their management style. They don't take well to criticism for the sake oaf improvement in employee relations.

HR team was awarded in 2011 and 2015 Top Human Resource Team in the Country with a Stevie by the American Business Bureau.

The most difficult part of my job has always catered around dismissals. Knowing the profound impact this has on families who rely on the high income paid to staff who work for this organization.

As the lead on all organizational development activities I enjoyed the stand up mentoring and training of the high potentials within the organization.
Pros
Great benefit package, friendly work envioronment
Cons
Going through a merger integration
Absolutely wonderful daily experience
LDR Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington WVApril 15, 2016
I have been trained to have superior skilled patient care in the Labor and Delivery unit of the hospital. High risk patients are seen daily which provides additional experience in this area that might not be seen in other areas. The hardest part of the job is knowing that not all infants born will go to the safest environments at home after leaving our care. Although the most enjoyable thing about my job is being a part of such a miracle on a daily basis; the gift of life!
Place for advancement
Registered Nurse/ Clinician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 5, 2016
I have learned that it is better to involve family more in the care of the patients. My co-workers are always ready to help and we pitch in to help each other with admissions and with care when needed. The hardest part of my job is seeing those patient's last moments and feeling like you could do nothing to prevent it. On the flip side, is the rewarding part of seeing the sickest of the sick get well and leave the hospital.
Pros
Healthcare
Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 24, 2016
I have been an intern here for several months and the staff here is very smart and are great with people. I am very glad that I had the chance to come here and learn from the exercise physiologists that are here so that I will be able to go on and get my own job and excel at it.
Surgical services needs a lot of improvement. Horribly mismanaged.
Certified surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 20, 2014
Being a member of the surgery team can be very rewarding the management however, leaves a lot to be desired!! The department is very understaffed so you can count on working endless overtime and weekends. Management does not last more than a year at a time. Only long enough to come in, wreak havoc, changes rules, and then be fired. The management focuses on irrelevant aspects and not patient care centered. Most surgeons are really great to work with. The daily majority of cases are neuro and ortho with sub-specialities filling up the rest of the schedule. The benefits are excellent and the starting pay is equal to other local hospitals. Sadly, you get no recognition for being certified. A job in the surgery department here is a choice of the benefits outweighing the headaches. There is a lot of room to make more money with call and mandatory overtime. The on-call pay needs to greatly improve.
Pros
free benefits
Cons
no breaks, low call pay, mismanaged
Joint Replacement Center
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked at CHH for 3 years in the Joint Replacement Center. They have provide excellent patient care and treat their employees well.
Union
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 16, 2015
Reviewing all blue cross remits from a-k for outpt and inpt..Did any corrections that needed made and made sure blue cross stayed within negotiated contract
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
UNION PROTECTING THE SLACKERS
Great place to work!
Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 27, 2015
Cabell Huntington Hospital is a great place staffed with people who truly care about their patients and employees! This makes all the difference in the world.
Good place to work; really nice people
Hospital Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  huntington, wvAugust 4, 2014
Coming to work around 4p and leaving by either 9p or 12midnight was most of my shifts. Weekends took your entire day if you were not on morning shift which was by seniority if you got to work it or not. Pretty much just answering phones and dispatching calls to the correct departments and patient's rooms was a typical day. There were always two in the office and you worked independently most of the time. Worked as a team for calling codes and documenting the information. Job was pretty easy, just learned it was not for me and needed to make a career move. Short shifts in the evenings but long middle shift on weekends. Was part time so a lot of the benefits and insurance did not apply to me.
Pros
good people; real decent place to work; not much face to face customer service
Cons
hours; working weekends, holidays, evenings; everything went by seniority and not a lot of affordable benefits for part timers
good Benefits
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  huntington, wvMarch 12, 2015
Pay and Benefits are amazing, over the years thiings have changed and the management is horrible. however pay and insunce is the best around

Want to know more about Cabell Huntington Hospital?

Ask a question
Surgical Assistant
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  operating roomOctober 20, 2015
Assisted surgeons on a daily basis. I enjoyed taking call and getting called in for trauma cases. I'm specialized in ortho and spine.
Nice colleagues
Information System Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 1, 2015
lacking of new job opportunity. Nice working environments. Very helpful colleagues. They should be a little more organized.
Its a fair place to work.
Flight Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2015
I worked there eighteen part time. The upper management leave a feeling that they don't care as much for their employees. The staff was good to work with.
Healthcare industry with staff that is focused on patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 30, 2013
Staff was kind and patient oriented. Not much room for advancement, but pay was comparable to other states. New changes in policy, benefits, and staffing made recently do not follow the original plan of the hospital.
Pros
patient care was rewarding
Cons
downsizing staff and overworking was common
Float Pool always gave me a different atmosphere to work in every day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 5, 2013
Assess patients, then start med pass, dressing changes, charting. Would have to discharge and admit patients. Learned different things on each floor. Management was different on each floor. Some nurse managers would come to work in scrubs, and help if they could, and others would never come out of their offices. Some co-workers would work as teams, and other floors would leave you to your own patients. The hardest part of the job was not knowing a floor well, if you had not worked it much. The most enjoyable part was getting to know everyone in the hospital and getting to learn new things on different floors.
Pros
rotating to different floors and getting to make my own schedule.
Cons
rn's have a hard time getting a full break, and some floors the staff did not work well as a team.
Very Progressive Hospital
registration (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 18, 2014
Great progressive hospital stays on the cutting edge of technology. Wonderful employees, however, management is very out of touch with reality. Budget cuts abound as is necessary in health care today, however, there is a palatable tension between employees and management that you can actually feel. Not recommended,
Pros
progressive health care system
Cons
budget cuts and managmeent out of touch
Rn
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 13, 2014
This is a Great Hospital to be employed for. Great co-workers. Helpful management. Patient satisfaction is the most enjoying part of the day.
A great place to work
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 18, 2015
It made you proud that you worked at that hospital, knowing that their goals were to save lives and you were apart of this process.
Pros
camden park, reduced lunch
Cons
too many pts. in one day
Exciting career with advancement opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Emergency departmentOctober 23, 2014
Fast paced work environment with life and death decisions to be made at times. Friendly work environment with a great team of doctors, nurses and patient care assistants. This department comes with happiness and loss. The hardest part are the young that come in with a poor outcome. On the other hand the most enjoyable aspect is helping people.
Pros
fast paced, meet new people daily, and use multiple nursing skills daily.
Cons
hardly ever downtime for a break.
I enjoyed working at Cabell Huntington Hospital. The other staff there were easy to work with and on my unit had a team nursing approach.
RN floor nurse and charge nurse fill in (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 10, 2013
Our typical day on our Joint Replacement unit involved caring for immediate post op joint replacement patients. The major issues resolved were pain control, blood transfusions, and physical therapy. The hardest part of the job was the physical requirements due to the constant lifting of the patients to help transfer, walk with walker, etc. I enjoyed educating the post op patients with their new joint replacement information and helping them stay as comfortable as possible and keeping their family informed and comfortable.
Pros
hourly pay, good friendly work environment, good scheduling
Cons
heavy lifting with little help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.