Cable One Employee Reviews

Favorite Job!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSAugust 15, 2017
I hated so much when the company down sized and attempted to move most employees to another location out of town. Huge learning experience for me. Wish I could go back!!!!
Cable one customer service/ tech rep
Customer Service Technical Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 2, 2017
Typical day at work revolved around answer incoming calls and helping customers. Very fast passed and not much down time. Management was great- Pay was okay- Con was not much room for advancement unless people retire
Fun and productive
Customer Service And Sales (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 1, 2017
Detail orientated and fast paced. The day depended on the problems with the outside plant. This affected the calls to the office for service and the work load on the technicians in the field.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Centralization in another state.
Great benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2017
Lots of perks: Gym on site. Free cable service, ice cream days. The culture is not conducive to want to be there long term. Leadership isn't open to change,
Pros
Gym on site, Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 16, 2017
LOVED working for Cable One. Loved the job and loved the people that I worked with. It was a temp job and I had a motorcycle accident so I had to leave early due to injuries. If I had the chance I would go back and stay forever!!!
Pros
Amazing staff, hours, and job overall!
Cons
It was only temporary position
Great managment, very family oriented, sales incoming calls can be repentatuve
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2017
I loved the management here. The place is a fun fast paced environment. I think the commission is pretty decent but I could see how taking incoming calls all day could become really repetitive. I left the company to focus on raising a family but even when I worked there and maybe had to call in I was never made to felt bad or guilty That always meant a lot to je.
Pros
great managers, good commision, awesome coverage for medical
Cons
repetition of calls
healthy work environment and good atmospere
Field technician level (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 19, 2017
Managers listened to any input suggested or other problems, was a healthy atmosphere that never really felt negative or frusterating. Most of the people working there are hired within and have done the job I did so everyone can understand and realize what its like
Pros
occasional company lunch and overtime pay
Cons
can get hot outside with the work
I wouldn't refer
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85012June 18, 2017
I would never tell anyone to work for this company. Just wasn't the best fit for me. Management team needs to seriously re vamp how they treat their employees and take their egos out of it.
fun
Installer (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSJune 18, 2017
great team to work for and it was great meeting people all over and also making people happy to get their service and solving all customers problems..
Pros
fun
Cons
weather
Great environment
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 7, 2017
Fast paced environment, CSR's are always on the phone or helping customers at the front counter. Management is friendly and dedicated to the process of improvement and gives employees the proper training and materials to make your job easier and successful.
Pros
Great Workplace
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Great place to work, very culture diverse
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2017
My co-workers were a pleasure to be around and very passionate
about the work. I enjoyed the relaxed and progressive people
that i worked with, it was great workplace.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication with administration
Work was simple
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
As a technician work was the same day in day out. Come in log in resolve issues from all forms of connected technologies to cable ones internet tv and phone services with all of our devices and those from other companies to marry the two worlds it was not hard at all and even those customers with communication issues it was standard to resolve issues on first contact.
Pros
Work was predictable and easy
Cons
7 hours sitting at your desk got hard, I have circulation issues so not moving did not help my health
Good
Hadoop/Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2017
I have learned a lot of things in this company. Management is very good and also excellent environment. Very good mutual understandings between me and my CEO.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
not a lot of employee interaction. Company just wants you to do the job you came for. Did like that company does not judge you on appearance. They offer equal opportunity to all
Pros
lots of employee parking
Cons
The work hours are not the best for family life
Cable One
Sr. Customer Svc. Rep (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKApril 8, 2017
* Uses extensive technical training and product experience to meet the sales and service needs of Cable One's new, reconnecting, and existing customer base.

* Provided prompt resolution of customer inquiries of a difficult nature which other customer sales and service representatives are unable to answer.

* Sales

* Billing and Collections
Pros
High discount on products offered by the company
Cons
No room for advancement without relocating
Happy Employees make Happy customers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cable One, the diversity in its environment, the benefits and the people I met.

The environment is very open and welcoming to people from all walks of life. It is going through a growth phase since it became an independently traded company.

There is opportunity available for someone interested in the field of telecommunications.

I learned a lot about the telecommunications field.

I also learned a lot about myself which increases my self esteem and self-confidence.
Benefits
Field Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 23, 2017
Pay is dismall at best. politics is high at least. Favoritism is constant. overtime is daily. the local office blames the corporate office and the corporate office blames the local office for any unsatisfactory issues. If you want to work for this company you can't have much of a life because there is almost always overtime. this company plays into the hands of the corporate greed stigma. Managment does not support technicians and they will shift the blame whenever an issue arises. don't push back though because there is most assuridly retaliation.
On the plus side, they do have good health insurance and will let you take a service vehicle home. you also get free TV, phone and internet services.
Pros
Cons
Extremely low pay and lots of politics

Comment – July 13, 2017

They work the employees way to many hours and demand that they volunteer saturday work to "catch up on quota". The "Leads"(essentailly managers) have no clue how to manage and are all in it for themselves. managers do Not spend any time worth mentioning to help the team out. micro managing and macro anylizing seems to be the montra. "Leads" also don't really know how to do some of the jobs in the field due to them being out of it so long. Cable One is great at making decisions quickly but do not think of how it will negativly impact the employees. Soon to be a former Cable One technician

Annoying
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2016
Too much favoritism, not enough benefits, too much us vs them when it comes to Quality assurance as well as nitpicky. For starting out or a college job its great for a professional job not so much.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Too much micromagement
Poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Central divisionNovember 8, 2016
Very poor management. No opportunity for advancement unless you want to move. Poor ethics. Do not follow the values that Cableone states they are or want to be. CEO, VP, corporate doesn't follow through on issues employees have.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Very poor ethics.
nice place to work, culture is laid back
Training & Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  MississippiOctober 7, 2016
This company is an acceptable place to work, the compensation package is great.
lots of training and management will work with any situation you have.
The hardest part of the job is irate customers.
Pros
free cable, net and phone. Great management staff
Cons
no room for advancement if you are working in an local office