Cable One Employee Reviews

averall good
National Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
I have worked for cable one for over 8 years, I have seen the company grow and go through a lot of changes in Dispatch, we were able to take all the systems and combine them into one building for the dispatcher department and made it National Dispatch. I have a lot colleges and the bosses who were pretty good.
Pros
Free lunches with the bosses at time we had a very nice break room.
Cons
The coverage they had for reps never could get coverage most of the time for my breaks or lunches.
Decent place
Outbound Acquisition Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2016
The company is growing and has little turn around which is great. But it's structured in such a way that job advancement is difficult. Always come in with a smile or you will be looked at negatively.
Pros
Free food often, fitness center, competitive compensation, bonuses
Cons
Little advancement opportunity, strange time off management
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 9, 2016
Cable one is an amazing place to work great attitude amazing co workers management is awesome hardest part of the job would be the customers and best part is all the co workers and nice people that work in the office
Pros
free cable service
Cons
Enjoyable company with limited opportunities
Web Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2016
The work environment was supportive culturally & physically. They provide good computers, monitors, and phone systems. A typical day includes 5-7 hours at your primary role and one or two meetings. Managers invited feedback and kept us informed of changes in expectations or processes. Changes are supported by training that was excellent. In the sales roles, contests and prizes are offered weekly allowing diligent employees to earn extras. As my contribution grew beyond my job role, it was hard to find the right job role.
Pros
Contests & prizes, Comfortable environment with perks like gym & cafeteria, Strong technical support
Cons
Average salaries
Ok if you are just starting out
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
Too much micromanagement and favoritism. Also some expectations are unreasonable like showing up an hour early and still being counted as late even though your computer is broken.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Micromanagement
good over all company to work for
Service Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 4, 2016
great people to work with as long as its the west valley office and not the boise. the pay is really good and the hours are really good
Cableone is a family oriented company
System Technician (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 11, 2016
Cableone is a family oriented company that is eager to do the best for their customers and employees. Inner office communication could be better. Co-workers are great we all get along pretty well for the most part which can be a challenge with 30+ techs. I joined Cableone in 2003 and I knew nothing about the cable industry but everyone there is very willing to take the time and share what knowledge they have to make you a more versatile technician. Over the years I've learned so much, now I can go into almost any situation and know how to handle it.
Nothing at this time
Dispatch Manager of NDC (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2015
Not too happy right now, no room for growth. Horrible boss. Show favoritism and has an inner circle. It has a great culture and great customers.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Health Care
Games in the break room
Technical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2015
Over all this was a good place to work for thus the reason I stayed so long however I had needed to take an leave of absence under FLMA and when I needed to extend that time they would not accommodate.
great management
Customer Service, Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed helping people with there cable problems or being able to schedule an appointment to hook up their cable. The people I worked with were very friendly and easy to get a long with.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great Company
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 25, 2015
Was a great company to work with. I got to use many sills and progress my abilities to grow my experiences. The only issue I had was with a manager who was hot headed and the higher ups did not want to help with the situations.
out in the field meeting and helping people
CSR and senior field tech (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 2, 2015
this company has taught me a lot about myself. They gave me the tools to succeed in the field. Amazing training and benefits
Pros
company truck, free cable
Cons
to much micro managing
bad experience
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
I learned a lot while working at cableone but the work environment, manangement and benefits and use of those benefits are very subpar.
Csr
Conversion Expert (Current Employee) –  Idaho FallsJuly 28, 2015
● Answer inbound calls from new, reconnecting, and existing Cable One customers
● Sell Cable, Phone and Internet Services
● Provide prompt resolution of customer inquiries including programming, billing, service schedules, orders for installations, reconnects, and changes of service
● Troubleshoot service issues with customers and book service calls when necessary
● Alert appropriate System or Phoenix office to possible issues including outages
● Data entry and light clerical duties
● Run reports such as box reports, pending disconnects, and clean up reports for Singleview.
● Singleview billing conversion expert.
great job
Dispatcher/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 23, 2015
great job. It was a great opportunity. I learned a lot. Great staff. Room for growth, good pay and benefits. Fun work place with a lot to learn
Nice place to work
Business Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work is completing orders, contacting customers, and reporting to management. Things can get hectic but it is nothing I can't handle. The atmosphere here at the Cable One corporate call center is very nice. The only downfall about this company is pay and advancement.
Learned more about the company.
Data Entry Clerk (contract) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2015
A typical day was a lot of data entry. Management did not provide the proper training like they should have. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits, which included a gym on the first floor.
Have to be lucky to work here
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDahoMay 17, 2015
Great job, as long as your skin is thick. However, Cable One has disbanded the department of CSRs (last I heard), so anything I say may be irrelevant. I will say this....the big-wigs in Phoenix will treat you like a number, but the local management is like family. Alas, you can guess which of the two wins out when cuts need to be made.
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2015
Great company to work for, they have a top notch Accts Payable Dept. I'm also learning a lot from the Treasury Dept. as well
Pros
Casual Work Attire
Cons
Only a temp job
Hated it
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  PHOENIX,AZMarch 30, 2015
I didnt like the management at all. They were very unfriendly and not helpful at all. They made me feel like I was walking on eggshells
Pros
CLOSE TO HOME
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE