Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Associate Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYFebruary 20, 2016
Good benefits and great atmosphere management is very professional and care about employees. I learned that in this industry to remain competitive constant change is needed.
Pros
Free cable, health insurance, bonuses
Cons
low advancement opportunities, have to work on holidays
not o much of a fun enviorment once management changed
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Rate of pay and Benefits are excellent. Once the company had its big downsize the company went downhill. This company at one time was one of the best and respected its employers now if you don't meet certain qualifications they have no respect for you
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management and supervisors are horible
Needed a better challange
DESIGN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Needed to move on - worked there too long not to move up -
They do not move woman up the chain as fast as they do men
They made your day harder than it was supposed to be .
constant interruptions with micro-management - favoritism
the boys took two hour lunch breaks with the boss while the woman were snapped at for going to the bathroom .
Pros
Benefits - vacation -
Cons
management - not team players
Great people to work with and for
Bench Tech Fiber Broadband Network Distribition (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 15, 2016
Working for this company was great. I was taught a skill set like no other would go back to work for them in an instant. We were trained
in the latest technology of broadband distribution so the working enviroment never got stale.
Pros
Co-workers, Salary, and Respect from peers.
Management will make your life misrable
Account Executive - Media Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 8, 2015
Worked in Advertising Sales for 2 years. My co-workers were among the best so why does a lousy company like Cablevision, attract great people? The benefits, their past reputation, working in TV. It WAS great at one time but now everyone is expendable and the demands are too great. Compensation is the lowest of the major cable companies in the area and the annual sales agreement you sign every year reflects that. They are training you to death, leaving NO TIME to sell, only to put you out if you don't make your quotas which can be unrealistic in certain markets. My manager was petty, not trained and a coward toward upper management. Albeit, I did meet some excellent managers but with all the negative changes, they will soon be gone.
Pros
There were some in the beginning but I can't remember them now.
Cons
Constant training, no time to actually sell, no profit sharing, little reward, expectations unrealistic, poor moral, no support from inexperienced management.
Fun, Productive
Store Coordinator/ASRII/Business Class (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYMarch 11, 2016
fast pace non stop multitasking challenging everyday with great team support in a competitive environment good benefits compensation and culture of fast pace/change towards evolving industry and market
Great Pay and benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJMarch 9, 2016
I worked for this company for 34 years and moved up from a service text to a few other departments before becoming a field service supervisor. Good company but fast pace and demanding job . Great benefits and room to grow.
Pros
great pay
Cons
demanding pace
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2015
Working at cablevision in the beginning it was a great place. I believe its because the pay is good and the benefits are great and who doesn't like the free cable? However, after being there for some time the metrics that one is assessed by are not fair. Cablevision is too big to care for an individual and the opportunities to advance further from a phone representative are slim. The coworkers make the place more enjoyable and from time to time there are certain activities that make you want to stay. However, in my opinion this has not been the best place for me.
Pros
benefits, free cable
Cons
metrics, opportunities, concern for its employees
Average company. Good benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Average company. Good benefits. More advancements needed. Enjoyed the time I worked there. Had wonderful supervisors. Company has opportunities for services provided.
Great Company
Sr. Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 23, 2016
Great place to work at. Given the opportunity to take classes on MS Excel, Word and Power Point. Great benefits also! Excellent health coverage, free cable, telephone and internet services.
Benefits
Cons
Youre always being watched
Very enjoyable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2015
I learned to always put my best work performance to test. 1st to please the customers.
Management was always available when a difficult situation arose
if I was not able to resolve the problem.
We all work as a team. We were team players.
Their was nothing hard about working with Cablevision. The one thing that I was sorry about was when my position was phased out.
Cablevision offers their employees great benefits.
Pros
Management would order lunch for us as well as give us little gifts when our productivity was up.
Cons
No Cons! just a good place to be employed
Great Benefits
Customer Service and Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Cablevision is well known for it's high standards. The representatives are well trained and respected in the industry. The atmosphere is extremely competitive while pay is based on a combination of salary plus commission. There are very strict quotas to be met each month.
Great pay but revolving door
Lead Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 25, 2015
This company has great pay and benefits. If you like constant change this place is for you. When I say change I mean things change from the morning to afternoon. Micro management is a issue as they want you to compete against your fellow empoyee
Pros
game room, parties, healthcare
Cons
management
Normal Work Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 31, 2016
A typical work day was to answer all customer inquiries regarding billing, service available or assisting a customer with troubleshooting issues pertaining to their television and/or cable box. I relied on my co-workers for answers and/or solutions to questions that I had in re to billing or service available. I got along with my co-workers very well, we would always try to sit near each other for that moral support and comfort during the work day. The hardest of part of the job would be not being able to answer a customers inquiry on specific television concerns due to not being television repair persons. Also some customers were would question specific items on their bills not always satisfied with the answers they received; therefore escalating to a lead or supervisor. The enjoyable part was the customers that were satisfied with the answers to their inquiries even if the news was not always good news. Management was
"accessible" in re to workplace policy, but not to much on the front line with the representatives. Also they if on a survey sent to a customer in re to the representatives ability to resolve their issue, most customers responses would be negative toward the company and not the rep themselves and that would get counted against the rep even if the customer's comments were specific to the company; however satisfied they were with the information provided by the rep.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Non Management support
Great benefits
Regional Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2016
I've worked for Cablevision on and off for eight years. Great benefits and I've enjoyed working with many fantastic people.
Pros
Free product benefit (free cable and internet)
Cons
Periodic Layoffs.
The benefits are very good, the company culture is toxic
customer service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 9, 2015
I worked as a customer service representative for Cablevision Systems for nearly 4 years. In that time I performed well and made adjustments daily. Advancement was next to impossible and the leadership of this company was terribly immoral. Not only that the company overall had a way of doing business that was not forthright with customers which created a lot of negative customer interactions.

The customers who were almost always irate hurled racial slurs, curse words, and threats and the supervisors and managers would often refuse support, but would not allow you to escalate calls to them or end abusive phone calls. The company made threats and resorted to intimidation tactics when unionizing was presented since technicians were losing their jobs after becoming unable to work due to on the job injuries.

The benefits were good and you got free cable, phone and internet, but roughly 9 of my coworkers died due to heart and blood pressure related illness while I was there. If you come to work here, please understand what the situation will be. Non stop stress with little hope of advancement and a fine wage that won't seem like enough for the stress you are under.
Pros
Good Benefits and free cable phone and internet
Cons
Bad leadership, bad business model, awful company culture and immoral practices, as well as abusive customers
Fun place to work at. Great coworkers
Fraud Specialist In B&C Dept. (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 8, 2016
The company is a great company to work for. I would recommend anyone to work at this company. The benefits are great and the atmosphere to work in was pretty easy to deal with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor upper communication and handling of employee descrepancies.
Customer Service at Cablevision
Customer Service Representative/Billing (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Work environment: Loved mostly all co workers, and supervisors
No place for single parent unless strong support system available
Job security will last as long as you do until corporate needs to make cuts seems like every 3-5 years
Job advancement may be available if willing to relocate
Management executes orders from corporate so.....
Job Culture: Only thing that made life doable for 3 years were the PEOPLE I WORKED WITH!!!
Pros
Relaxed and friendly work enviornment, health benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very good experience and was proud to be part of their sales team.
Outbound Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2015
I was given a great opportunity with training to become successful in sales inbound and outbound. I was very glad that I had the great experience with them, but need to change the location for personal reasons.
Pros
All of the benefits were great..
Cons
No promotion after almost 3 years..
productive excellent place to work
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 2, 2015
Good place to work and the environment is nice and welcoming. People are friendly and willing to help in any which way. Great support system, there is always someone there when you need them. Benefits are excellent. Have to be mentally prepared for a high call volume on a daily basis.
Pros
good benefits, discounted cable service, ability to advance
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cablevision. Our community is ready to answer.