Cablevision

Cablevision Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Optimum Service Representative (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great benefits, great people
Cons: Customers are horrible
Cablevision is a company that provides great benefits and the coworkers get along nicely. Management is a little tough to handle but they do care about the employees and try their best to help them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers, as an Optimum Service Representative customers made the job hard to take. A lot of the customers were very abusive and didn't listen to your helpful advise.
Great learning environment but its management was lacking
Production crew supervisor/engineer (Former Employee), Lexington MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: fun, great co workers, amazing learning environment, creative work place, always meeting new people and clients
Cons: Executive director was bad, pay started to lag.
Cable vision has since gone out of business. I had a lot of fun there. Television production is something i love doing but ultimately the executive director failed our studio.
HELP WORKER ON THE PHONE
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MELVILLE NYMay 25, 2015
Learn how to help other to solve problem and to help customer with
there service and billing problem
try to make the customer happy with the service
Productive place to work
Optimum Store Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
It's a very laid back environment. Not much room for advancement working in the stores. If you're not a people person, this is not the job you want to have. The customer is always right even if they're wrong.
long hours!
Cablevision Residential Account Executive (Former Employee), BethpageMay 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: worked pm hours
You must maintain a very high quota as this is a high pressure position with a very large turnover, beware people being interviewed for your job everyday!
Unemployment is better
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Not very much, pay and health benefits but the stress makes it not worth it
Cons: The job duties and work culture of oppression
Terrible management that couldn't lead you out of a tunnel with all lights on and signs pointing the way out. They constantly contradict themselves and are never on the same page. Like anywhere else, you have some management that have knowledge and want to help but there's more that just don't care and do absolutely nothing but shuffle papers around all day and look at stats.

Every winter they claim not to know whether are not you can leave early due to inclement weather. You never get a straight answer so they can force you into a position of using personal time (or sick) to remain safe at home and risk your job (once you run out of time you're in trouble) or if you should try to keep your job and risk your safety. Not that it matters at this place because they do not value tenure or dedication to the job. If you slip up in one of the several different stats (which is hard to keep up with as the "acceptable" average varies day by day depending on what others have done) then they place you on an "action plan" their creative way of renaming a write up so they can pretend to assist you with improving when they only intend to assist you in being removed from the company. The name is also used to attempt to prevent mass hysteria since they are placing everyone on "action plans" for their "impossible" stats to be met, some of which have nothing to do with customer service.

It wasn't as bad when I first started 5 years ago, but they have gotten worse not better, especially after bribing us with outrageous pay raises and changes in the way people get fired which were only offered/made because of the union situation. Now that their fear of a union has dissapiated they are even worse than they were previously.
productive place to work
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 16, 2015
fun
Fast paced
good environment
variety of different cultures to work with
pleasure to work
easy to make lots and lots of money
management is really down to earth
Typical day
Cable Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 6, 2015
Great atmosphere. Treat people with respect. 401k benefits is great. Able to move around as far as to different departments.
Great benefits
Advanced Service Representative (Current Employee), New YorkMay 5, 2015
Great co-workers and benefits. Can be a nice place to work. The company is always changing and trying to be better. Long hours of sitting and working with customers.
ok company
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 4, 2015
Pros: free cable, internet and phone, six weeks paid training
Cons: low starting pay, back to back calls
Not too much to say about Cablevision. I enjoyed the free cable and phone and internet. The pay was low to start, and took about 2-3 years to get a decent salary. Cablevision is a true call center. Every second of your time and day is documented exactly. It's back to back calls all day (100 calls plus) you're bound by statistics and call monitoring. The Supervisors were cool but the Managers were always plotting to get rid of everyone. Eventually you will become tired of the irate callers and idiots that cannot add and yell at you constantly. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best.
A typical day at work
Logistics Operations Associate (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work consist of high energy, team morale, and a relax atmosphere. The management staff is really fair and honest with the employees. They always keeping us employees up to date with any changes the company makes.
Great place to work.
Tour Commander (Current Employee), bethpage NYApril 30, 2015
The only downside is promotions are based on the buddy system. It's a boys club, Other than that it is a great place to be. Be popular and you will be fine.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short lunches, second shift
* Answer inbound customer calls in Spanish/English
* Trouble shoot cable boxes
* Assist with any billing questions/disputes
* Adjust cable packages to fit the customer's budget, and preferences
* Very approachable supervisor
* Team camaraderie
* Versatile work environment
* Awesome benefits
* Good compensation
Versatile and Productive
QA Test Engineer (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 26, 2015
Everybody is cross trained in all aspects of the department's needs. We all learn to work together as a Team, to achieve the Department's Goals.
Stepping Stone and Learning Experience
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Friendships, client relationships, Comfortable work environment, Great Learing experience
Cons: Management very secretive, play favorites. salary
I enjoyed going into work everyday. Everyday was a new and exciting challenge. Whether it would be meeting a new client for an initial meeting, preparing for the shooting of a commercial, or doing the post production editing was always a fun learning experience. I developed client relationships, trust in the account executives, and was able to teach myself new ways of doing things that made the job easier and the client and company happy. I was given the necessary things to handle multiple tasks, while also stepping for other producers when needed,
I met some very talented people. Some I can actually call friends now. Everyone was very down to earth so it made the job much easier and had fun doing it everyday. While there were a lot of deadlines to meet, I was able to handle them with ease.
While our competitors (outside production houses) were able to get running with the latest equipment it was hard for me to compete with what equipment I had to work with. I was able to up my experience by taking online courses in any free time I had. The clients appreciated it.
Toward the end the management team decided to go in another direction and production wasn't part of it. I don't regret anything about work at Cablevision. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience that will stay with me, and will make me want to continue to pursue it. I met people that I developed friendships with and will continue to remain friends.
A large company with a friendly, small company feel
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, frequent morale boosting activities, approachable management
Cons: Sometimes hard to advance, shifts for phone reps not always ideal
Cablevision is a great company to work for. They go out of their way to reward good employees and really put the effort in to help those who may be struggling. The corporate culture there is pleasant and management is open and approachable. I worked in several departments during my time there, and although the job duties varied, the above remained the same. If you're on the phone, patience is key because often you'll be dealing with customers who need your help, but may not want it. Luckily, there is a good support structure for phone reps. I also worked in the Traffic department, where we handled a lot of employee data and dealt with call volume issues and outage information. It could go from a slow, sleepy day to a fast paced, all hands on deck scenario in a heartbeat, so it always kept you on your toes.
direct sales
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free Cable
Cons: No opportunity for growth, odd hours 12pm-9pm
Knock on doors unannounced of previous customers to win them back. Meet daily with management to go over previous days achievements.
Good work environment, teaches good skills and develops problem solving skills and labor/safety skills
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 15, 2015
Job consisted of installing cable/phone/internet services.
trouble shooting optimum services
installing and repairing coax and cat 5 cable wires
job is physical and must work in all elements including inclement weather
Challenging and Fun
BIG DATA ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYApril 14, 2015
Work environment is challenging and Fun.Work is in fast pace and there is an opportunity to learn lot of new technologies
Productive, fun work place
Audit Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: No Pros
Cons: No Cons
Working as audit technician was very cool position to be in. Performing disconnects and assisting with cable theft investigations. Management is easy going, cool to work with. So are my co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more

Cablevision Salaries