Cablevision

Cablevision United States Employee Reviews

Challenging and Fun
BIG DATA ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYApril 14, 2015
Work environment is challenging and Fun.Work is in fast pace and there is an opportunity to learn lot of new technologies
Productive, fun work place
Audit Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: No Pros
Cons: No Cons
Working as audit technician was very cool position to be in. Performing disconnects and assisting with cable theft investigations. Management is easy going, cool to work with. So are my co-workers.
Cool pay but job and managment sux!
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 8, 2015
Dont work here unless you need to.
Customers that call are rude, disrespectful, and ignorant.
Mangaement is nothing more than puppets for the invisible higher ups who have not idea of what is really going on.
Cablevision call ctr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 8, 2015
Pros: ok pay/benefits
Cons: work environment
Very stressful, poor management, cut throat culture.

When I was there (until 2014) they had implemented multiple shifts, too often there were not enough seats, you could never expect to sit at your usual seat. Days with overtime were the worse, many times computers didn't not work.

Mandatory shift change every year, if you worked days, you might be given a night shift, this included getting a new immediate supervisor, who usually had an entirely different way of doing things.

At first there were tests every 3-4 months, when I left; tests were given every month. The company does not want a union, employees were told not to speak to any Union Rep,, several years ago the former head of call center threatened that if a union was brought in she would close the center.
Great benefits and good pay
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 8, 2015
The company itself is ok, the benefits are great. There's always room for improvement in the managerial department. Plenty of opportunity for growth. Customer service is challenging regardless of the company you work for. They do celebrate your achievements.
Productive workplace with access to gym facilities
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: commission, prizes, job culture
Cons: n/a
Great work environment and excellent benefits. Good commission based and opportunity to win prizes. Product and knowledge.
Decent work
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 3, 2015
Motivating workplace. Great management team. Inspire possitivity. Teamwork encoraged. Call center culture. Positive leaning experience on a daily basis. Cable company and leader in communication.
NOT WHAT YOU THINK
Sales (Current Employee), Bronx new yorkApril 2, 2015
@optimum This company is the worst place to work not because of the customers I completely understand customers want promos times are hard at the same time the company wants Rep to sale sale or save save and give nothing to save the customer Verizon is killing it with the new promos good job guys they are a union company and better to work for optimum does not want want a union so they can do whatever they want to the Reps. Reps that work hard get no were Reps that cheat and lie get covered by the managers and sups in the end they don't care about you if you work here your sealing your soul to the devil.
If you work for Customer service and the customer hates the company and no matter how grate you are you fix there issue or are unable to give promo is your fault and you will be fired. If you work for retention you lie cheat or you work hard can’t offer customers anything because the company gives you nothing to offer then that's your fault your fired.
Work for sales and get 10 calls that are drop calls or out of area calls of No Social then guess what you can’t sale to a drop call or a person that lives in Texas were we don't provide service that's your fault again cheat lie or sign out the phone 20 time a day and maybe you will be lucky if not fired

(There’s no certainty –only opportunity)
FUN PLACE TO WORK, EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Residential Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: GREAT COMPANY
Cons: N/A
A GREAT COMPANY
DOOR TO DOOR SALES
EXCELLENT MANAGERS WHO WORKED WITH YOU
HARDEST PART WAS KNOCKING ON DOORS LATE EVENINGS
CO-WORKERS WERE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL
Awesome place to work
Bilingual Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Jericho, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good workplace environment
Cablevision call centers are close to the gold standard in call centers. Management has set a nice break area where brewing machines are in place at no extra charge. There is a game room with ping pong tables, arcade machines, pool and mini-hockey to blow some steam during your break/lunch. Proper training is provided in a constant basis to assist customer with the products and to effectively deescalate potential grave issues. Since it's a 24/7 call center it's hard to be provided with an adequate shift that will allow an adequate work/life balance. The benefits are above industry standard. Besides the full health/dental/vision/401k they provide to employees their TV, phone and Internet for free (just pay the equipment)
Growing experience, friendly work environment
Commercial Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: People, Sense of accomplishment, Growth
I enjoyed going to work everyday, not only did I look forward to a new challenge for the day, but enjoyed seeing the people I worked with some of which I now call my friends. I enjoyed going out and meeting new people, new areas around the state, completing a commercial and feeling a sense of accomplishment for not just me but the client as well. It was a team effort in getting everything done. We all worked together.
fun and roductive
Field Technician (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2015
It was a pretty good job but to come on to work and hear gossip everyday is not the move even for something petty. I leaned valuable time management and how to work with different emotions of people.
Is a wonderful company to work for
check technician routes (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 17, 2015
Pros: great employess, good company
Cons: something different everyday
The most enjoyable part of my job is that my clients are satisfied and happy. Also is a wonderful company to work for. I love working with everybody.
Cable sales
Installation Clerk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2015
Worked with good co-workers. Learned how to install cable even though my job position did not require it. Good benefits.
Billing Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Jericho, NYMarch 12, 2015
Hours are adaptable. People are courteous. Many locations to work out of. Benefits are very good. Room for advancement .
The last large single screen theater left in NYC
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Managed theater on a regular day to day basis and also hosted many premieres and events. Job entailed managing a staff of 20 to 30 employees and running projection booth.
Unmatchable benefits paired with a typical corporate environment.
Network Operator III (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYMarch 10, 2015
24x7 Environment makes for some difficult shift rotations. Policies constantly changing. There is opportunity for advancement, as well as opportunity to learn.
Great Place to Work.
Commercial Direct Sales (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2015
I have been working here for about 12 years. I started my family here and this job has sustained us and helped us through. The benefits are great, the work environment that I have been exposed to so far is positive.
Nice atmosphere, has basketball court
Security Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free hot chocolate
Cons: no benefits
I report to work at 4pm. I work with a technician until midnight. hardest part of the job is dealing with undesirable people in bad parts of the neighborhood who we come across on regular basis
My time there.
VDO Tester / Consultant (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: poor communication
Nice environment to work and culture. The amount of time there was too short to form a valid opinion.

They observe all holidays so time off becomes a burden.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more

Cablevision Salaries