Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Associate Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYFebruary 20, 2016
Good benefits and great atmosphere management is very professional and care about employees. I learned that in this industry to remain competitive constant change is needed.
Pros
Free cable, health insurance, bonuses
Cons
low advancement opportunities, have to work on holidays
Not A Secure Job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great job while it lasted unfortunately the company is going in a terrible direction. more responsibilities and less pay. terrible upper management and lack of job security for all positions. worked their for two years and watched over 15 people get fired, more than half AFTER depot becoming number 1 in the company. the company is pimping the workers to boost value and ultimately sell the company to another owner.
Pros
meet a lot of people establish a lot of local connections. almost free cable rates.
Cons
short breaks, special safety regulations for company not set by osha, the worst human resources department.
Good place to work for with dry cleaners, cafeteria, and fitness center.
Manager – NOC (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day is to come in at 7:30AM and leave at 5PM. The current role requires significant on-call duties and off hour work.
I have learned quite a bit about switches, routers, and managing a staff. During my time at Cablevision, I became CCNA certified, CCNP certified, passed BGP certification, and the CCIE written examination. The management team, for the most part, has been a great group to work for. The team communicates goals and expectations on a regular basis. There are times that I feel that management does not necessarily practice what they preach. I enjoy working with a vast majority of my coworkers and many I grew up with during my years as a call center representative so it is fun to see how individuals advanced their careers. The most difficult part of the job is how often work needs to be taken home. Being a manager of the NOC, I am constantly involved in service interruption bridge calls that can take part at all times of the day. I do enjoy when a member of my team advances his career in the NOC or is recognized by our network engineers and is hired into that group.
Pros
Good group of colleagues, fitness center, cafeteria, progressive company.
Cons
Take work home, on-call hours in current role
Customer Service at Cablevision
Customer Service Representative/Billing (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Work environment: Loved mostly all co workers, and supervisors
No place for single parent unless strong support system available
Job security will last as long as you do until corporate needs to make cuts seems like every 3-5 years
Job advancement may be available if willing to relocate
Management executes orders from corporate so.....
Job Culture: Only thing that made life doable for 3 years were the PEOPLE I WORKED WITH!!!
Pros
Relaxed and friendly work enviornment, health benefits
Cons
Everything else
not o much of a fun enviorment once management changed
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Rate of pay and Benefits are excellent. Once the company had its big downsize the company went downhill. This company at one time was one of the best and respected its employers now if you don't meet certain qualifications they have no respect for you
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management and supervisors are horible
Needed a better challange
DESIGN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Needed to move on - worked there too long not to move up -
They do not move woman up the chain as fast as they do men
They made your day harder than it was supposed to be .
constant interruptions with micro-management - favoritism
the boys took two hour lunch breaks with the boss while the woman were snapped at for going to the bathroom .
Pros
Benefits - vacation -
Cons
management - not team players
Fun, Productive
Store Coordinator/ASRII/Business Class (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYMarch 11, 2016
fast pace non stop multitasking challenging everyday with great team support in a competitive environment good benefits compensation and culture of fast pace/change towards evolving industry and market
The benefits are very good, the company culture is toxic
customer service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 9, 2015
I worked as a customer service representative for Cablevision Systems for nearly 4 years. In that time I performed well and made adjustments daily. Advancement was next to impossible and the leadership of this company was terribly immoral. Not only that the company overall had a way of doing business that was not forthright with customers which created a lot of negative customer interactions.

The customers who were almost always irate hurled racial slurs, curse words, and threats and the supervisors and managers would often refuse support, but would not allow you to escalate calls to them or end abusive phone calls. The company made threats and resorted to intimidation tactics when unionizing was presented since technicians were losing their jobs after becoming unable to work due to on the job injuries.

The benefits were good and you got free cable, phone and internet, but roughly 9 of my coworkers died due to heart and blood pressure related illness while I was there. If you come to work here, please understand what the situation will be. Non stop stress with little hope of advancement and a fine wage that won't seem like enough for the stress you are under.
Pros
Good Benefits and free cable phone and internet
Cons
Bad leadership, bad business model, awful company culture and immoral practices, as well as abusive customers
Management will make your life misrable
Account Executive - Media Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 8, 2015
Worked in Advertising Sales for 2 years. My co-workers were among the best so why does a lousy company like Cablevision, attract great people? The benefits, their past reputation, working in TV. It WAS great at one time but now everyone is expendable and the demands are too great. Compensation is the lowest of the major cable companies in the area and the annual sales agreement you sign every year reflects that. They are training you to death, leaving NO TIME to sell, only to put you out if you don't make your quotas which can be unrealistic in certain markets. My manager was petty, not trained and a coward toward upper management. Albeit, I did meet some excellent managers but with all the negative changes, they will soon be gone.
Pros
There were some in the beginning but I can't remember them now.
Cons
Constant training, no time to actually sell, no profit sharing, little reward, expectations unrealistic, poor moral, no support from inexperienced management.
Good company to work for.
Direct Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Depending on which department you work in, daily life can be anywhere from chaotic and stressful to laid back and fun. Customer contact positions are definitely the most challenging. I spent most of my 25 years at Cablevision dealing with the public. Some days I thought my head would explode but, most days were good. Everything equals out.
When I first started in 1988, there were no computers. We had CRTs with one specific program. Once PCs were made available, a whole new world opened up for most of us. A good portion of training in the workings of Microsoft was done on site and at times in a technical school. Always, there was something new to learn.
With the industry changing on an almost daily basis, many of us found that management did not always do its best to keep the front lines up to date with information. Programs were rolled out with little to no regard for how well they actually worked, because a deadline needed to be met. And rather than work to resolve a problem, it was talked up, down and around and never fixed.
After 25 years, most co-workers are more family than co-workers. You gripe together, you learn together, you teach each other and you grieve together. After work, you sometimes play together. Like a family.
The hardest thing I ever had to deal with was being told I was no longer needed because the department was downsizing. Saying good-bye was very hard and so was not having anyplace to go everyday.
What I most enjoyed was doing my job to the best of my ability and knowing that I may have made someone's day better.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare and work/life balance are all part of the pros to working for Cablevision
Cons
Lack of advancement and being stuck in a job because you make too much money.
Job
Technical Support Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 2, 2016
on any job , i take pride, but learn to push my self and advanced my career. my co-workers where awesome.

poor communication from management and above,
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare
Average company. Good benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Average company. Good benefits. More advancements needed. Enjoyed the time I worked there. Had wonderful supervisors. Company has opportunities for services provided.
Very enjoyable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2015
I learned to always put my best work performance to test. 1st to please the customers.
Management was always available when a difficult situation arose
if I was not able to resolve the problem.
We all work as a team. We were team players.
Their was nothing hard about working with Cablevision. The one thing that I was sorry about was when my position was phased out.
Cablevision offers their employees great benefits.
Pros
Management would order lunch for us as well as give us little gifts when our productivity was up.
Cons
No Cons! just a good place to be employed
Great Benefits
Customer Service and Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Cablevision is well known for it's high standards. The representatives are well trained and respected in the industry. The atmosphere is extremely competitive while pay is based on a combination of salary plus commission. There are very strict quotas to be met each month.
Great pay but revolving door
Lead Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 25, 2015
This company has great pay and benefits. If you like constant change this place is for you. When I say change I mean things change from the morning to afternoon. Micro management is a issue as they want you to compete against your fellow empoyee
Pros
game room, parties, healthcare
Cons
management
Productivity
Programs Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, but the management was terrible and no room for advancement. Salary could have been better for a private company.
Normal Work Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 31, 2016
A typical work day was to answer all customer inquiries regarding billing, service available or assisting a customer with troubleshooting issues pertaining to their television and/or cable box. I relied on my co-workers for answers and/or solutions to questions that I had in re to billing or service available. I got along with my co-workers very well, we would always try to sit near each other for that moral support and comfort during the work day. The hardest of part of the job would be not being able to answer a customers inquiry on specific television concerns due to not being television repair persons. Also some customers were would question specific items on their bills not always satisfied with the answers they received; therefore escalating to a lead or supervisor. The enjoyable part was the customers that were satisfied with the answers to their inquiries even if the news was not always good news. Management was
"accessible" in re to workplace policy, but not to much on the front line with the representatives. Also they if on a survey sent to a customer in re to the representatives ability to resolve their issue, most customers responses would be negative toward the company and not the rep themselves and that would get counted against the rep even if the customer's comments were specific to the company; however satisfied they were with the information provided by the rep.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Non Management support
Was a fun place to work at , at one point everything is all smiles , then next your out the door
Sales (Former Employee) –  piscatawayOctober 1, 2015
great company to work for if your looking to get a start in sales.My only complaint is that if a super or manger doesnt like you your pretty much alone with no support, people tend to do the right thing and dont get the reconized , if you bff with the supervisors u can cheat and do what u want
Pros
Benefits, 401 k, company match, competitive
Cons
managers and supervisors tend to breath down your neck, company changes policies when they want to
Very good experience and was proud to be part of their sales team.
Outbound Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2015
I was given a great opportunity with training to become successful in sales inbound and outbound. I was very glad that I had the great experience with them, but need to change the location for personal reasons.
Pros
All of the benefits were great..
Cons
No promotion after almost 3 years..
Great Pay and benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJMarch 9, 2016
I worked for this company for 34 years and moved up from a service text to a few other departments before becoming a field service supervisor. Good company but fast pace and demanding job . Great benefits and room to grow.
Pros
great pay
Cons
demanding pace