Cablevision

Cablevision Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Regional Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2016
I've worked for Cablevision on and off for eight years. Great benefits and I've enjoyed working with many fantastic people.
Pros
Free product benefit (free cable and internet)
Cons
Periodic Layoffs.
Good company
Metrics Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Good company with some fantastic people to work with. I learned a great deal and most of my co-workers where a pleasure to work with.
Great Place
Inbound Sales Representative, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Great environment, great people, definitely sharpens communication skills. Selling professionally a must, but most importantly taking care of the customers needs.
Needed a better challange
DESIGN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Needed to move on - worked there too long not to move up -
They do not move woman up the chain as fast as they do men
They made your day harder than it was supposed to be .
constant interruptions with micro-management - favoritism
the boys took two hour lunch breaks with the boss while the woman were snapped at for going to the bathroom .
Pros
Benefits - vacation -
Cons
management - not team players
Good first experience
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Installing cable troubleshooting, customer issuses,installing cable in the winter could be come challenging co-worker there had a good team spirt and it was as ways nice to make a customer happy
CABLEVISION FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 29, 2016
The employees at cablevision, work so well as a team, they all bring there unique skills and compliment each other.

They are always there if you need them.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Outside sales Representative Hauppauge N.Y.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 29, 2016
Fyi...
if you apply for Cablevision..Be aware of Background check.It goes to your childhood.A company that looks that deep. I would think twice to work for. Scrutiny of the employer is their key ingredient. Not how well you did or your accomplishments in life.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Too Judgemental
Good company to work for.
Direct Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Depending on which department you work in, daily life can be anywhere from chaotic and stressful to laid back and fun. Customer contact positions are definitely the most challenging. I spent most of my 25 years at Cablevision dealing with the public. Some days I thought my head would explode but, most days were good. Everything equals out.
When I first started in 1988, there were no computers. We had CRTs with one specific program. Once PCs were made available, a whole new world opened up for most of us. A good portion of training in the workings of Microsoft was done on site and at times in a technical school. Always, there was something new to learn.
With the industry changing on an almost daily basis, many of us found that management did not always do its best to keep the front lines up to date with information. Programs were rolled out with little to no regard for how well they actually worked, because a deadline needed to be met. And rather than work to resolve a problem, it was talked up, down and around and never fixed.
After 25 years, most co-workers are more family than co-workers. You gripe together, you learn together, you teach each other and you grieve together. After work, you sometimes play together. Like a family.
The hardest thing I ever had to deal with was being told I was no longer needed because the department was downsizing. Saying good-bye was very hard and so was not having anyplace to go everyday.
What I most enjoyed was doing my job to the best of my ability and knowing that I may have made someone's day better.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare and work/life balance are all part of the pros to working for Cablevision
Cons
Lack of advancement and being stuck in a job because you make too much money.
Responsible for daily administration of Retention Call Center
Reports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  30 Knightsbridge Road, Piscataway, NJJanuary 19, 2016
I was rated outstanding on my latest evaluation. I learned how to manage the welfare of over 150 employees, managing their vacation schedule, attendance, running and sometimes designing of reports. Also included design of PowerPoint presentations of promotional incentives.
Pros
direct contact with employees and opportunity for training them in the use of scheduling requests
Cons
not making use of my talents for a social work position
Not Good
Technical Support II (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 15, 2016
i worked in this corporation coming out of college and didnt like the location at all

I went up the ladder because i am a peoples person and i am very technical

I learned what i could learn and left the corporation as quickly as i could
Very Structured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Calls start off slow, customers love a representative that is courteous, professional. managers will help you if needed for your performance, I liked that the company noticed I had perfect attendance.
good company to work for , but management sucks
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2016
great company but bad management in the shop i worked at, doesnt really care for others, cares for him self . other then that the rest of the supervisores and employees i worked with are great
Good work at cablevision
Java/J2EE developer (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 11, 2016
HAPPY TO BE A PART OF THE PROJECT.
WORKED ON J2EE/JAVA DEVELOPER
Developed good relation with manager and the people at cable vision.
Great Benefits
Customer Service and Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Cablevision is well known for it's high standards. The representatives are well trained and respected in the industry. The atmosphere is extremely competitive while pay is based on a combination of salary plus commission. There are very strict quotas to be met each month.
Fun place to work at. Great coworkers
Fraud Specialist In B&C Dept. (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 8, 2016
The company is a great company to work for. I would recommend anyone to work at this company. The benefits are great and the atmosphere to work in was pretty easy to deal with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor upper communication and handling of employee descrepancies.
new company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 8, 2016
cable vision paid very well but to recent cut backs do to the sale of the company it will never be the same. your job is always at risk do to consent change with in the company.
Pros
Cons
free cable
Malleable Company
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved arriving punctually, bringing up the computer and various software needed to do the job within 5 minutes, and taking calls to reduce the queue

If you had patience, empathy, and an ability to not take caller frustration personally, you could be very effective in reducing customer anxiety and frustration.

People who worked there, as I think is the case in most call center job environments, were friendly and outgoing. The supervisors/managers were all pleasant.

I think the hardest part of the job for some was the requirement for punctuality down to the half minute level, which sometimes did seem extreme.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were meetings for special occasions, which occurred frequently such as parties and BBQs, team meetings where we could enjoy the interchange with our team members in a bit more informal environment, and special projects which occasionally allowed a complete change of pace.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to improve yourself and learn new things.
Cons
Overzealous punctuality requirements.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2015
It's a great job if you can handle being on the phone all day. There's a lot of room for advancement if performance is good. Pay rate increases every few months based on performance.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
work schedule
Great pay but revolving door
Lead Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 25, 2015
This company has great pay and benefits. If you like constant change this place is for you. When I say change I mean things change from the morning to afternoon. Micro management is a issue as they want you to compete against your fellow empoyee
Pros
game room, parties, healthcare
Cons
management
cool
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 14, 2015
great company to work for good pay and benifits clean work place 401k great co workers and management great company to grow with