Cablevision Employer Reviews

An Amazing company all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: verbal abuse by customers daily
Cablevision offered the best benefits of any company Ive ever worked for. The compensation was great, there were tons of opportunities for advancement.
A very pressured enviroment to produce results.
Advanced Support Specialist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: free cable, great perks when a top performer.
Cons: no room for advancement, management beyond supervisor are not that good.
Cablevision was my first job fresh out of college, it provided me skills that most companies seek for. Overall, the job wasn't bad. The atmospher wasn't desirable but work colleagues became an extended family.
Where we know your name
CRC II (Current Employee), Seaside Hts, NJApril 10, 2014
Pros: great healthcare
Cons: working weekends in summer with traffic
Our office is a two person office on a vacation island and we know all our year round locals and 90% of our seasonal customers by name. I enjoy the customer interaction and the challenger of turning a dissatisfied customer to a customer that leaves smiling and feeling heard. Our manager comes about 3 times a month and we are monitored via security cameras.
Fun and great learning experience working at Cablevision
Security Officer (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: benefits
Depending on work site, it could be hectic,but i like being on the move.It helps pass the day. Since working here,I've learned to be more of a team player and a over all asset to the company. I started at a time when management was changing. It was easy for me to get along and adjust to new rules and regulations. My co-workers are a pleasure to work – more... with. Some of them have been on the job for twenty years or more and are very knowledgeable.The hardest part of my job is dealing with some of the customers, as is I am sometimes post in a payment center.I have to deal with attitudes and curse words,even threats to myself and or the client staffers. What I like most is that in the short time that I have been here, it's like a family setting,every department looks to help the other. – less
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Jericho, NYApril 6, 2014
The job itself is like any call center job. What makes it better, is the perks of being an employee. Great pay, great benefits. A slew of employee discounts.
Okay to work
E-mail Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYApril 1, 2014
Temp job to perm.
If the management doesn't like you .....you are gone the next day.
Okay company to work with.
Hardest part of the job
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful jobs
Dealing with our customers. Not all are bad however the majority of our customers treat us like garbage very abusive and we have to allow them to cursing at us that not right. I'm very professional and go out of my way for my customer but we have to verbally abuse and I don't think that fair.
Cable Technician
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYMarch 25, 2014
I would go out and install cable wire and boxes in peoples homes as well as do service calls. I have learned a lot about the cable and internet world that has taken off. I worked and assisted my co-workers a lot in the field and in return when I needed help they were always there. The hardest part of any day was to rerun a whole house with cable by – more... yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in many different environments and offices to help out other areas and learn different things. – less
Productive and fun place to work for.
Dispatch /VDO Senior Lead (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work is to complete an order and have a satisfied customers . learning new application and sites to help us trouble shoot when an issues occur. Management always have been great and understanding with employee's personal and work related issues. Co workers are always caring and helping one another, you feel you have a 2nd family. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is that Cablevision take pride in everything they accomplish and succeed ,Cablevision takes care of there employee's.,with great benefits and incentives you feel you have everything in life especially a great a job . – less
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Newark NJMarch 20, 2014
Pros: training extensive
Cons: room to grow sometime favortism, confidentiality
Very exciting company to work for, spent 26 years there. Job eliminated, very upsetting. But did learn alot.
Quality Assurance Coordinator II (Current Employee), Jericho, NYMarch 19, 2014
Great company always taking care of its employees. Awesome compensation and benefits.
stressful place to work
csr (Former Employee), NjMarch 17, 2014
stressful place to work and tiring. answering phones all day and hearing complaints and trying to solve people's issues with tv
Good work/Life balance
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: fitness center on site
Cons: no job security or advancement opportunities
A typical day is usually pretty busy and overwhelming at times due to urgent and very important deadlines. I learned how to be more of a multi-tasker, but more importantly how to be even more organized and effective in my daily duties. The hardest part of the job is getting a big project at the last minute when you are already in the middle of one. – more... The most enjoyable would be that offices would close early the day before a holiday and we would get the day off after that holiday. This gives you a chance to really re-boot and come back ready for the challenges ahead. – less
Nice place to work...Enjoyed my work here
SYSTEM/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), nyMarch 12, 2014
I used to solve day-to-day problems including memory issues, problems with cron jobs, port security, firewalls configuration, updating the system with correct patches at right time, issues related to security, the list goes on...

Most challenging thing is how to make sure that particular web service/ other services are secure because in order to provide – more... services to users using web services(for example) we should open that particular port, so problems related to security always exists.
Securing the ports with proper firewalls and using best hardware within the allocated budget is always a problem. But I and our team know how to secure them.

The most enjoyable part in my job is facing the problems/challenges and taking bold decisions at critical times. I may be tensed sometimes but I learn a lot from it...The more problems I face,the more happy I am. I solve those critical problems and document everything.

Everyone is helpful and resourceful....

I always enjoy my job. – less
Great Benefits
Network Technician Regional Operations Center (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2014
Pros: perks
Cons: management
Great benefits yet lack loyalty to the tenured or injured employees
QA
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: $40 cable internet and phone
Cons: distance
Provide Optimum Service to ensure that customer orders are checked and verified as 100% accurate
Assist in reducing billing issues by accurately Quality Checking and closing out w/o’s in a multi-product billing environment
Development and maintenance of customer Service Level Agreements and Quality Of Service
Monitor customer service request and service – more... billed to ensure 100% match for Optimum Service experience. – less
A Day At Cablevision
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: shifts are not permanent
A typical day at Cablevision can be unpredictable. I say this because I deal with customers from all walks of life. The management team for the most part are professional and have an "Open Door Policy." In other words, if an employee has a concern or complaint the employee can address management and resolve it face to face.

I enjoy working with my – more... co workers. However, the hardest part of my job is taking the verbal abuse from customers. The enjoyable part would be my shift. I work from 6:15 am to 2:45 pm. I like to get out early. Also, I enjoy conversing with other co workers. – less
Can be able to handle multiple projects at a time and at the same time fun to be working in this company
Quality Assurance Analyst - CRM Software (Current Employee), New York, NyMarch 5, 2014
Very Interesting work . Everyday is a learning curve..need to work smart and should be able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Handled many projects as a primary test .Management is understanding .Follow agile methodology.

Co-workers are very helpful each other. Nice to be working in this environment.

Hardest part is you need to be very – more... proactive all the time and can be able to handle multiple projects within in short span of time... – less
Friendly Co-workers, casual fridays.
Marketing, Advertising & Sales (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: commute and salary
Working at Cablevision was a fairly straight forward experience do your job correctly and no one will bother you. Co-workers are friendly, but the workload really leaves no room for socializing.
Very enjoyable
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 3, 2014
A typical day would consist of helping customers with their internet & email connectivity issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more