Cablevision

Cablevision Employee Reviews

Great Benefits and Salary
Account Executive (Current Employee), Jericho, NYJuly 28, 2015
Hardest part of this job is the rejection you receive from customers who are very unhappy with previous experiences they had with the company. They take out this aggression verbally on you and its quite frequent. It takes a toll on your mental well being after a while, so you need to find ways to clear your head and not let it effect your work. You are given a fair share of freedom while your out in the field and management is great at giving you support and the tools to be successful.
Unfair, Management couldnt care less about you
CSR (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Alot of overtime
Cons: Petty, will terminate you for the smallest things
I worked for Cablevision in 2004. I was fired for wearing a hat to work. This company if very unfair. You have a better chance as coming into this company as a temp, at least you are protected that way. I don't even utilize their television service. If a company fires you for wearing a hat with no write ups or warnings, then guess what else they could fire you for.
Decent job with great benefits
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 26, 2015
I learned a plethora of technical skills related to the cable industry. The job paid for the majority of my schooling and the benefits were very good.
breaktime
(Optimum) Senior Technical Support Rep (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: alot of employee perks
Cons: little room to grow
pool tables are great short breaks and big call ques are tough during really busy times wish their was more floor support too.
Good company to start.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYJuly 18, 2015
Be promoter, be advisor, be representative of your company. Co-workers are very friendly. Very good company to learn your first ways of development as a professional.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
ADMINISTRATIVE/SALES/CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work with supportive and motivational management to assist with growth a worker within the department. Additionally, teamwork displayed on a daily basis.
great job
tech support (Current Employee), Jericho, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: healthcare is free under 49k
Cons: change is always in the air
•a typical day at work
-take 30+ calls

•what you learned
-time management skills

•management
-cares about you

•your co-workers
-awesome

•the hardest part of the job
-irrate customers

•the most enjoyable part of the job
-company events
Top Level Sales Force in very demanding environment
Direct Sales Manager (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJuly 13, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Working weekends more often than not to stay ahead
Working at Cablevision, while very lucrative if you were at the top of your game, demanded much of my time as the scales of work/life balance were tipped much in favor of the work side. However, the experience and skill set learned during my tenure there was second to none as we worked endlessly on team building, public speaking, motivating and inspiring each other to attain the best we could be. The single most valuable thing I take away from there is the quality and character of the people and the friendships I've established. I always tried to bring an atmosphere in the office of people wanting to come to work by really connecting with my peers and employees and trying to find out their "why" (deep purpose for doing things). We built a culture of high achievers as we expected to be the best at what we did, and more often than not we were.
my experience
Billing Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJuly 13, 2015
It was a very challenging job due to call volume being constantly high. I did not feel like employees were valued for different reasons
Contact Center Supervisor TSG (Former Employee), Jericho. NYJuly 13, 2015
Good upper management. Good benefits. Co workers makes going to work a pleasure. On a typical day you will find a culture that is ever changing in a fast paced environment.
All that glitters aint gold.
Customer Svc. Rep (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: Poorly Managed
Company provides excellent benefits and an competitive compensation package. However, it is poorly mismanaged lacks long term and focused goals for its employees. Company routinely changes focus while leaving employees with little cover. Causing a very high termination rate of highly qualified tenured employees.
Horrible place to work for
customer service rep (Current Employee), Bronx, NUJuly 8, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: short breaks, no room for advancement
one of the worst places I've ever worked at the reason why their turnover is so high is because they always fire people or people just quit.... There is absolutely no room for advancement and the hours suck on top of that get ready to work every holiday ...if you want to work at a place where your voice does not matter this is the place to go
Terrible Management
National Digital Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2015
This company has the worst management and leadership ever. The work life balance was good, and the pay was fair but the management was terrible.
Fun internship
Assistant Producer of Advertising (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJuly 2, 2015
A five months internship for school credits working in the advertising offices with the producer of their local commercials. Helping him during production and post-production.
Room for advancment
Installer (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: CO-workers
Cons: HR
Overall great people to work with on a daily basis.Management is very supportive. HR still has some ways to improve such as not looking at someone with 10+ years experience in industry because the don't have 60 college credits.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 1, 2015
bias company who chooses which values apply to employees. only concerned about clientele revenue versus customer satisfaction.
Average workplace
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Its your average workplace Monday through Friday from 9-5. Everyday is different, with various tasks being assigned to you at any time. The workload varied, from less to do all the way to an abundance of assignments to take care of at once. Management was ok. There wasn't a ton of culture or anything to speak of until the Great Life team was created, which created events and fun things to do once in a while. Otherwise the job was relatively boring, and I found myself stuck in a rut (I'm still stuck in this rut). Fortunately, I had some cool coworkers who helped to motivate me to get through the day, who I could talk to and hang out with. This helped bring a little life to the office. The hardest part of the job was deadlines, and dealing with last minute client changes that pushed our deadlines, and our wits, to the limit. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to account executives, whether it was learning or just conversing about life (awesome, right?).
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 25, 2015
Positive Atmosphere, supervisors are hard workers and great teachers. Salary was wonderful and there was alot of room for growth.
Fullfilled Experience
TSG (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 25, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Stressful at times
Great company to work for. A tad bit militant on a few policies, but that's why their compensation reflects it. Work hard and play hard. depending on your position workload varies. Overall not a bad place to work.
Family Oriented Environment
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2015
We all know that is impossible to learn everything about a job; so I of the best things about the workplace is that, when you don't know something, your teammates always got your back.
Industry