Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY 11714July 19, 2016
I was selling future travel arrangement onboard a five star luxury cruise ship. the sales targets were both individual as well as team goals. Selling a holiday to a client is all about building rapport understanding there needs and painting a picture on how they deserve to take there dream vacation. Ask them as many questions as you can as to what they like to do for fun whats there dream vacation find there direct buying motive and then use the answers to there questions to handle any objections they might throw at you!
Great Benefits...
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2016
Cablevision gets worst each day! While I am use to constant changes, I can say that the changes I've experienced within my 7 months of being here are not in the best interest of it's employees.
Yes, the benefits are great! Free cable & health insurance, great discounts etc... However it takes a little more than great benefits to keep your employees satisfied, feeling valued and motivated to continue working for your company.

There is a lack of support from management, and very poor communication internally.
Pros
Free Cable & Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else
My Cable-Vision
Optimum Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2016
My work day consist of serving customers with payments, exchanging equipment, explanation of bill.

Everyday there is new information to learn. The company grows and changes

Collaborate with co workers on making a better positive work environment.

Hardest part of the job, not being able to please everyone.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working along side with co workers and completing a positive productive work day!
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Health Care
Fun, friendly, productive but very stressful sometimes
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 28, 2016
Stop favoritism and create equal opportunities for all your workers and you'll stop loosing great and talented workers. Very limited room for advancement, only few who are part to the clique move up the ranks and everybody else is considered as numbers and therefore only progress like stale water.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome training opportunities, great coworkers and discounted TV, Internet and phone service.
Cons
Management is deep into Favoritism, you gotta know someone to be promoted. Rules for fore front workers are unrealistic and too many.
account retention representative
Account Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2016
PROS
Great benefits(medical,dental,vision),free cable ,internet and phone or employees. paid holidays, double pay if you work on a holiday, 401k,discounts with many retailers,

CONS
working with irrate employees. depending on your schedule you might be working a late shift 12pm-9pm. Split days off giving you one weekend day off. pool commisions system.
Political Position
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJApril 28, 2016
The territory you work in is said to be randomly assigned but I witnessed coordinators look at street views of the locations each employee works. Newer employees get the bottom of the barrel and struggle to get by while longer tenure employees get first pick. The make significant money but you have to struggle and work in fear of termination to get to that point. To just get by you have to work 6/7 days a week. Safety is a big concern for me. I had someone pull a gun out on me during work. Number one reason I am looking for a new career. I value my life!
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Micro-managing, safety
Cablevision was a Great Employer for 10 years
Strategic Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 27, 2016
I called Cablevision home for a decade before it was sold to Altice USA. The culture and people working for the company were great. There was always room for advancement, if you were willing to work hard.
Pros
Free Cable, Great place to work, promotion opportunities available.
Cons
Micromanagement depending on the department.
Cutting Edge Work Environment with emphasis on adaptation
Technical Service Group Level II (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 15, 2016
This employer prides itself on maintaining a high quality product. They take care of their employees when it comes to benefits, pay and training. I had the ability to quickly and conveniently support a broad range of customer inquiries. However, some of the statistics they hold you to can interfere with providing thorough support to all subscribers.
Pros
Good pay and bonuses, Breakroom stocked with TV, pool and ping pong tables
Cons
Emphasis on speed over quality and constantly changing schedules
Fun and uptempo working enviroment
Customer Retention / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 10, 2016
• Required to use superior customer service and communication skills to assist customers
• Handled inbound calls regarding disconnects or downgrades in attempt to save accounts on each call
• Reestablished rapport with customers by thoroughly presenting features, benefits, and value of the products
• Up-sold products and services to customers and make changes to accounts as needed
• Processed customer information and schedule services installations and tech visits
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 11, 2016
Met with HR, then Retention managers. Asked general background questions and how my experience would relate to the job. Walked through the sales floor, showed the commission structure and how the metrics work. After that it was a 1 on 1 with the manager just asking how you deal with people who are calling and typically angry with the process. That was the main focus of the interview

Want to know more about Cablevision?

Ask a question
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 12, 2016
Overall this was a great way for me to learn that customer representative is not what i want to do. The pay is decent and the benefits are good. The work atmosphere itself is rather awful though. The general mood of the majority of the people is "this job sucks cant wait to go home". Understandably most people don't like working but it was on a whole different level of miserable at Cablevision. Having to resolve issues for this company was tough to do after knowing how many faults and malfunctions occur regarding a cable box, router etc. And as a customer service rep not believing in the company is a major hindrance. Unless you have the patience of a saint this job is not worth the headache you will have after every day of work.
Benefits
Cons
Work Atmosphere, the job itself
Good place to work to get through college.
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 8, 2016
Good place to work while going to college. Payed more than most jobs college students have. Fast-paced environment. Tough to keep updated with policy changed every other week. Management trying to find faults in you rather then help you become better.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Shift change every 6 months, management is clueless.
Cablevision was a great company to work for, great benefits, great staff
Referral Desk Coordinator Optimum Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work would be log in and find out which tasks your are assigned to that day. Especially since I had been there for 6 years, I was a subject matter expert on multiple tasks. I learned about switches, back end coding, and what it took to port a number from one company to another. Management was great, we had monthly meetings with the entire team, and once a month alone with your Manager. Co-workers were great to work with, willing help, and all had a generally lively attitude. The hardest part of the job was learning to use a new tool, or learning a new task. The most enjoyable was that we would have monthly Birthday celebrations, we would get to sign off for a half hour, they would have cake, cookies, and fruit.
Pros
Birthday celebrations
Cons
Great comradery among the staff
Executive Chauffeur to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 27, 2016
This is a highly stressful environment ,however, the supporting co-workers made it tolerable to a large extent. Unfortunately, this unhealthy atmosphere existed, ruining what is a great company.
Pros
Attend New York Knicks and Ranger games
Cons
Huge turnover in some departments
Not A Secure Job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great job while it lasted unfortunately the company is going in a terrible direction. more responsibilities and less pay. terrible upper management and lack of job security for all positions. worked their for two years and watched over 15 people get fired, more than half AFTER depot becoming number 1 in the company. the company is pimping the workers to boost value and ultimately sell the company to another owner.
Pros
meet a lot of people establish a lot of local connections. almost free cable rates.
Cons
short breaks, special safety regulations for company not set by osha, the worst human resources department.
Involved the employee in benefits and company events.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 19, 2016
Overall the company was very much about the employee, due to all the events, benefits, picnics etc. Although it was a very physical job as well as mental, the company its self made you feel at home.
Pros
lunches, prizes, etc.
Cons
Break if you're lucky, work in any kind of weather.
Excellent pay and benefits
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJMay 18, 2016
I had a lot of great experiences working there and learned a lot. Was advanced a few times. Great pay. But there were too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I had a great manager there at my last position. He was a great guy. Very helpful.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Too many chiefs
Great Opportunity
Installation Field Supervisor, State of NJ (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2016
My job is challenging everyday I step into the office and I look forward to facing those challenges with a positive attitude. I work with many different organizations in Cablevision and have a rapport with all of them, all in a different way. I deal with design, service activation, project management and dispatch. I supervise 11 technicians and handle many different issues regarding the jobs for the day, company related issues they face and helping them work through difficult problems they face on the job. I am in charge of safety and quality in my organization and I hold monthly sessions to keep us compliant for the year. The most enjoyable part of the day for me is when I make a difference in getting the jobs to complete for our customers and working with different people everyday to help reach that common goal of customer satisfaction.
Pros
company car, great salary
Cons
health benefits
Fast Pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 12, 2016
the environment was fast pace with assisting customers with their cable needs with billing and service. i learned alot about troubleshooting cable services and helping customers get their services back online. the management was helpful. I had a good network of coworkers. working nights was the hard part of the job. enjoyed the trouble shooting aspect of the job.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
working nights
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJFebruary 9, 2016
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Installation and repairs of video, phone and on-line products. Service of equipment from the tap to customer’s devices through the use of advanced digital field meter and diagnostic equipment. Determine root causes of and establish solutions to any troubles relating to advanced technologies which include but are not limited to HDTV, EDTV, HDMI, DVI, Component, DV, S-Video, Interlaced and Progressive Scan Signals, Cat 5, 5e and 6, Coaxial Cables RG-59, RG-6, RG-11. Acts as a customer advocate to ensure complete customer satisfaction through diligent resolution of all reasonable customer requests to the installation of, service of, and education in the use of products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cablevision. Our community is ready to answer.