Cablevision Employee Reviews

Supportive ans challenging work environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, njDecember 2, 2016
Challenging environment with plenty of support when you need a hand. Great sense of friendship and teamwork. Everyday is something new with the opportunity to meet new people. The job of keeping the community connected is an important one, I am grateful to be a part of it
Pros
great environment, solid perks
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 30, 2016
Excellent company to work for enjoyed excellent benefits and salary while employed there. Recently under new management, so I cannot comment on the new leadership as I did not work with them long enough.
Nice company to work for.
Advance Tech III (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Yes, I had my ups & downs, but all in all a good company. Insurance benefits are great compared to others. Overtime. Vacation, personal time, sick time.
Pros
Insurance benefits, discounted cable services, parties.
Prior to Sale of Cablevision very good place to work
Traffic Coordinator & Performance Handling (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 16, 2016
Working for Cablevision had been a wonderful opportunity to work with member of many departments within the Cablevision family. I have received support, guidance, and encouragement that the company have provided me during my lengthy years of employment.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
Good company, good benefits. Enjoyed my time working there, good co-workers & supervisors. The company provides great opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule and short breaks
Corrupt lead disbursement
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 14, 2016
If you go out drinking with the supervisors (or other stuff) you get better leads. The VP was out of touch with what was going on right under his nose
Best place to work
Sr. MongoDB Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 10, 2016
Proud employee of cablevision, one of the best place to work, very good management skills, Had a great time working for this company, very good pay as well
Comfortable work enviornment
Cash Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 5, 2016
Over the time I was at Cablevision, I was encouraged to learn beyond what I had already learned and was proficient at.

My co-workers and I had a friendly work environment. The work it self I enjoyed.

My management team was capable at their position and helpful in mine.
Pros
our benefits medical and retirement also discounts and perks
Cons
A solid company to work for with lots of growth potential for the employee
Grade 14 Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 1, 2016
Cablevision is a strong company that provides competitive pay and benefits for all the employees. This company provides all the tools and training needed to excel inside the company. Cablevision also provides a strong management group that holds true to the core values of the company which allows for all employees to be on the same page.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cutting back on overtime and double time
Good Company
Optimum Voice Senior Referral Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYOctober 31, 2016
Cablevision is a great company. There you have many people who have been with the company for a very long time. I myself been there over ten years it's time for me to grow at another company. Face a new challenge and learn something new.
A fast pasce productive work environment
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2016
Check previous days work, plan present work day, set appointments have one on one with supervisor, participate in daily huddle, research leads, market territory
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
not much work life balance
Stressing yet satifying
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2016
Handling high volume phone calls from many different people. utilizing prior training and resources to assist possible problems. Getting to know your peers around you and using each other as a motivator and counselor.
It was an exciting place to work as technology was exploding with advancements everyday
Director, Government Affairs (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 25, 2016
It was exciting to be part of a company that was a leader in technology and growing at light speed.

We took the company from a 36 channel cable company to a 800 channel entertainment leader also providing the fastest internet speeds and voice services.
Pros
generous benefits package
Cons
advancement was sometimes slow
Csr and ts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 25, 2016
I am a hard working human being and I am team player. I am fast learning and can develop any skills with the appropiate training. I am flexible and can follow directions and rules and work under supervision as well.
Great pay and benefits, tough schedule
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 21, 2016
I loved working for Cablevision, the pay was great but the schedule didn't fit my needs and it became overwhelming especially when I became a mother. I would've stayed if they would've changed my schedule, after being there so long I was offended that they didn't want to.
Stressful Workplace
Customer Service Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 21, 2016
Many responsibilities with little to no room to increase your salary or transition to another department. There seems to be a high level of turn over jobs because of high expectations, yet they're not willing to apply flexibility.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Low wages and does not appreciate front line employees
Productive, fun barbeques, ping pong table, etc.
Senior Dispatcher-Regional Control Center (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 19, 2016
The people my colleagues are very nice to work with, I learned so much, from customer service to being a Dispatcher very fast past working facility, lots of outages.
Pros
pay, benefits holidays
Cons
short lunch, now over time cut backs
Productive, interesting, excellent company to work for
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYOctober 6, 2016
I learned so much regarding inside and outside sales, traveled to trade shows and worked with wonderful people as well as had excellent clients and customers.
Pros
Experience and training
Cons
Productive in keep employees is a safe environment
Senior Security Officer/EMT (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 5, 2016
Patrol, observe, encounter individual(s) in a multitask situations, Public relation with supervisors, management and superiors in my field and others.
Pros
High in employment communication which includes trust and working to make a better safer, less stress environment.
Cons
N/A
High performance based company with generous compensation and great benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 3, 2016
My day consists of taking an abundance of high stressed calls efficiently while spending minimal time on each call. I've learned to curb my personal emotions while addressing irate customers and focusing on key components of the customer's needs to minimize dissatisfaction. Management tends to assist you solely based on the books and very rarely works outside of the standards already set and some know less about the job than the actual reps. My co-workers are the average bunch going with the flow as much as possible in order to maintain a job. The hardest part about the job would be the pressure put on you even after doing your job efficiently. Metrics supersede seniority and the score that matters the most is based on a customer's opinion and satisfaction with the company and the representative which is usually based on getting or not getting what they want as opposed to reason. The most enjoyable part about the jobs would be the relatively high compensation, the option of free health benefits, and basically free cable services.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits and perks, game room, tuition reimbursement
Cons
high stress calls, high stress metrics, possibly terrible working hours, little to no flexibility, vacation time hard to get approval if not submitted 4 months in advance