Cablevision

Cablevision Employer Reviews

nice place to work great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great bonuses, ot was available, free cable
Cons: irate customers
A typical day consisted of in-coming call that ranged from 300-500 per day. I resolved customers issue by taking payments, trouble-shooting equipment issues and explanation of the billing cycle.
Overall a good place to work
Project Management Consultant (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good facilities
Cons: too many reorganizations
A lot of turmoil at the upper levels of management.

They are too quick to reorganize. They don't let management structures mature so there is not enough cohesion within the workforce.

Too many consultants so there is a transient feeling to the workforce.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jericho, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches when bad weather
Cons: some supervisors were not that great
Fast pace, some co-workers were great! great training. the hardest part of the job was when I could not help a customer. the most enjoyable part of the company in storm weather conditions they gave you free lunches all day . Still a lot of work need it to be done in management, and better communication within departments.
Customer Service / Mentor
Customer Service Representatives/ Mentor (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great hours along with wonderful mangerment
Cons: need a bigger break area
A typical day at Cablevision will me maintaining billing inquires along with adjustments. Provide prorate billing inquires as well. provide accurate information in reference to billing along with other questions as well.
Good Place to work
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Good Place to work. I learned a great deal from Upper Management.
Great
Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 28, 2014
Just starting out but everything is ok starting to get to know people. Work life balance is great. Supervisor is ok. Co-workers are great and we help each other and push to succeed. You have to maintain focus and confidence to maintain quotas.
Cablevision is fun place to work. Manegers are very friendly.
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Hicksville NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cablevision is a great company to work for. People are nice and managers and directors are good people. I have been a consultant for three years and would like to get another job as an employee with benefits.
Life of a field technician
Field Technician (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 24, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: dealing with the weather and traffic
Beginning of the Day have a meeting, 30 mins to get your gear ready and equipment for the day.Help and take care of customers concerns. The hardest part is working in different weather elements. Interacting and dealing with customers.
AMazing Work Place
Front End - Business Analyst (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none that i can think of
Amazing job, amazing benefits, great people, large company. Many offices
Great Place to work if you work well under pressure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great overtime pay
Cons: not enough breaktime
This job is all about what you put in. You give great work and there is great opportunity for advancement. Must have exceptional customer service as you will deal with some difficult customers.
Good benefits
Application Analyst (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: having to do more with less
Company does provide good benefits so it does get its money's worth from its employees.
Chance to Improvement
Java Developer (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYNovember 13, 2014
It was pleasure working
Management was very supportive
Co-workers are also good
Great working environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 11, 2014
Opportunities to grow with the company. Able to have different opportunities within the company.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Melville NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free dinner is really busy or a holiday, free cable tv, internet and phone. overtime, good managers and leads
Cons: not enough managers and leads, took a long time to reachhelp desks with service problems
With Cablevision I sold services to potential new customers and upsold to current customers during sales or service calls. I answered up to 100 calls and during downtime I took it upon myself to do callback requests.
• Assumed a lead role to assist new reps when a supervisor or manager were unavailable
• Handled complaints with high success rate of – more... customer retention and satisfaction.
• Troubleshot and solved possible problems with all services phone, internet and television, if necessary was a liaison between us and the tech department – less
My greatest lesson in customer service
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: there was very little flexibility
I gained my greatest strength in customer service working here. This is where I learned the true meaning of empathy and how to use it. This particular training I used not only in my professional life but in my personal life as well.
I would describe this job as routinely
Server Administrator (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 5, 2014
Best thing about working here is its a low pressure work environment. No one is on your back so long as you complete your work with minimal error. I normally work unsupervised so there is a responsibility to ensure you are being productive and complete any assigned work in a timely and thorough manner.
company picnics
Team Lead (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free services
Cons: short breaks
I looked forward to going to work with my co-workers. I enjoyed assisting the customers and their issues. I looked forward to the different challenges everyday brings.
Fun and challenging
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free services, the benefits and the pay
Working at Cablevision was one of the most rewarding and challenging jobs that I had. Each call presented a different challenge and gave me a new way to deal with a certain issue. I learned that its best to meet an unsatisfied customer with a calm tone and a helpful state of mind. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with an irate customer – more... but as time went along I learned how to deal with them better without taking the things they said out of anger personal. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I felt when I helped a customer solve a problem and the relationship I had with my co-workers. – less
Fast paced assistance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 4, 2014
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced environments including operation of cash register, scanners and computers, facsimile, etc. to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift.
Built customer relationships – more... with face to face customer service. – less
Horrible
Field Service technician (Former Employee), Bronx NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: no real lunch breaks
Got injured and was fired. Destroyed my life in the process,No unions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more