Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Very Robotic environment
TSG Level 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYAugust 16, 2016
Most days require you to take 40-60 phone calls with very strict break times. You are graded on every aspect of the job, even parts that are not in your own control.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressful work environment
Great environment that takes care of their employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 15, 2016
Management is great - really listens to their employees. Learning opportunities are plentiful. The company is a bit old fashioned, but hopefully their new online systems will help with this.
Pros
Lunch room, gym, and theater all in one facility
Cons
Old fashioned
Great staff, clean facility
Technical Support / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 12, 2016
I learned a lot & met a lot of great people during my time here. I learned a lot about myself & how to talk to people in & outside of work.
Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 11, 2016
Slave work. Ridiculous you have to put up with from customers. Supervisors are not good. But i liked before the new business took over. .

yeah money can be good but I had no life while working there.
Great Company
Virtual Dispatcher Operator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 9, 2016
This company provides its employees with great benefits, and beautiful location to work out of. Its a company that really cares about its customers.
Summary provided below
Supervisor of Call Center (Former Employee) –  765 Bank Street Newark NJ 07102August 8, 2016
I would start the day off playing a positive song to my reps to help them be productive through the day. Then I would start my Supervises day-to-day operations of the department as well as diffuse and resolve various volatile customer situations while maintaining the balance between the interests of the company and customer satisfaction
Pros
Enjoying interactions with my reps
Cons
Not have all vital information available first when changes are made
High earning potential
Residential Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 3, 2016
Higher ups, make it difficult to continue making high earning, however if you work hard it can make for a successful living
Pros
uncapped earning
Cons
poor work life
Not a great work enviroment
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 2, 2016
did technical support , not a great work environment , micro-managers with all kind of interesting personalities . very low morale . heavy on metrics . will never work or recommend them to anyone with a brain .
Cablevision
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 28, 2016
Typical work day at cable starts at 6 am by pulling orders for our W I C (walk in centers) all over the island and in the city. Then we go on mandatory morning break and start up again around 9:15 doing inventory and replenishing the racks using forklifts and power jacks and end the day by pulling orders for all our depots to go out the following morning. My manager is great, friendly guy who is reasonable with his workers on flexibility and working. My co workers are great guys also , everyone offers help to one another when needed. The hardest part of my day is replenishing the stock because we need to be prepped for the next day and if our count is off it can slow down production. The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is my employees and the work atmosphere here at cable.
Pros
benefits, time off, management
great company to work for
Inside Plant Technician I (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 24, 2016
great company with great benefits, loved the work environment, until company sold. for the past ten years enjoyed going to work with a great group of technicians and with a feeling of job security and a feeling of freedom to expand my experience, while bringing customer satisfaction to great corporation.
Pros
enjoyable co-workers and customers
Cons
corporate disconnection
Great Benefits...
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2016
Cablevision gets worst each day! While I am use to constant changes, I can say that the changes I've experienced within my 7 months of being here are not in the best interest of it's employees.
Yes, the benefits are great! Free cable & health insurance, great discounts etc... However it takes a little more than great benefits to keep your employees satisfied, feeling valued and motivated to continue working for your company.

There is a lack of support from management, and very poor communication internally.
Pros
Free Cable & Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work!
Vice President - Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 21, 2016
Family oriented company with excellent compensation and benefits. Promotional opportunities for hard workers. Senior Mgmt. listens to all employees and makes changes as needed.
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY 11714July 19, 2016
I was selling future travel arrangement onboard a five star luxury cruise ship. the sales targets were both individual as well as team goals. Selling a holiday to a client is all about building rapport understanding there needs and painting a picture on how they deserve to take there dream vacation. Ask them as many questions as you can as to what they like to do for fun whats there dream vacation find there direct buying motive and then use the answers to there questions to handle any objections they might throw at you!
Involved the employee in benefits and company events.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 19, 2016
Overall the company was very much about the employee, due to all the events, benefits, picnics etc. Although it was a very physical job as well as mental, the company its self made you feel at home.
Pros
lunches, prizes, etc.
Cons
Break if you're lucky, work in any kind of weather.
Fun company in store for alot of change
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 18, 2016
Initially enjoyed the job and the atmosphere very comfortable recent events such as the change of ownership have made this not a secure work environment.
Pros
Benifits and breaks
Cons
vacation policy
Cablevision
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 11, 2016
A face paced company.
Good Company to work for. Great experiences.
Creating a team atmosphere with projects. Professionals.
Co-workers were very helpful in guiding direction for a new employee. Tight deadlines to be met.
Great!
Tier 1 Support Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
I felt I was trained to not only succeed at my job, but in life. They actually encourage their employees to grow as people and find whatever makes them happy (then go for it). Great company.
Cons
Fun, friendly, productive but very stressful sometimes
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 28, 2016
Stop favoritism and create equal opportunities for all your workers and you'll stop loosing great and talented workers. Very limited room for advancement, only few who are part to the clique move up the ranks and everybody else is considered as numbers and therefore only progress like stale water.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome training opportunities, great coworkers and discounted TV, Internet and phone service.
Cons
Management is deep into Favoritism, you gotta know someone to be promoted. Rules for fore front workers are unrealistic and too many.
Great comradery among the staff
Executive Chauffeur to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 27, 2016
This is a highly stressful environment ,however, the supporting co-workers made it tolerable to a large extent. Unfortunately, this unhealthy atmosphere existed, ruining what is a great company.
Pros
Attend New York Knicks and Ranger games
Cons
Huge turnover in some departments
Cablevision was a Great Employer for 10 years
Strategic Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 27, 2016
I called Cablevision home for a decade before it was sold to Altice USA. The culture and people working for the company were great. There was always room for advancement, if you were willing to work hard.
Pros
Free Cable, Great place to work, promotion opportunities available.
Cons
Micromanagement depending on the department.