Cablevision

Cablevision Employee Reviews

Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 1, 2015
bias company who chooses which values apply to employees. only concerned about clientele revenue versus customer satisfaction.
Average workplace
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Its your average workplace Monday through Friday from 9-5. Everyday is different, with various tasks being assigned to you at any time. The workload varied, from less to do all the way to an abundance – more... of assignments to take care of at once. Management was ok. There wasn't a ton of culture or anything to speak of until the Great Life team was created, which created events and fun things to do once in a while. Otherwise the job was relatively boring, and I found myself stuck in a rut (I'm still stuck in this rut). Fortunately, I had some cool coworkers who helped to motivate me to get through the day, who I could talk to and hang out with. This helped bring a little life to the office. The hardest part of the job was deadlines, and dealing with last minute client changes that pushed our deadlines, and our wits, to the limit. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to account executives, whether it was learning or just conversing about life (awesome, right?). – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 25, 2015
Positive Atmosphere, supervisors are hard workers and great teachers. Salary was wonderful and there was alot of room for growth.
Fullfilled Experience
TSG (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 25, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Stressful at times
Great company to work for. A tad bit militant on a few policies, but that's why their compensation reflects it. Work hard and play hard. depending on your position workload varies. Overall not a bad place to work.
Family Oriented Environment
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2015
We all know that is impossible to learn everything about a job; so I of the best things about the workplace is that, when you don't know something, your teammates always got your back.
Good Work Environment
Technical Support Representative II (Current Employee), Shelton CTJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, clean environment
Your Peers and Pay make the job itself tolerable,
but the company offers great benefits and for the most part takes very good care of their employees
comfortable workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 19, 2015
Pros: comfortable
Cons: distance from home
i loved working at Abbey Business Solutions, great work environment, very comfortable workplace. i performed a number of duties while there, i was in charge of creating all the companies graphics and web content. i also performed other duties such as telemarketing and general management duties. it was a great experience and that job did a lot for me as in making me the person i am today.
An innovative and rewarding work experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Motivational work events like the annual BBQ and Thank you party
Cons: short breaks and 1/2 for lunch
This job was both high in stress and very rewarding. A typical day at work would have included feeling humbled because you were able to convert their distressed calls into a "Happy Camper" by the end – more... of that call. It was a wonderful way of getting to know how empowered we were to be able to help their clients feel efficiently nourished and enriched with every new inbound call.

In that capacity, I also learned not only to extend my services to my subordinates when faced with difficult or challenging tasks on a call. I also was a participant in our "Skillbuilders" Program. Through that learning vehicle, I was able to teach our new hires the skills needed to be successful and productive in their every day job responsibilities and provide our clients with an outstanding experience in Customer Satisfaction . With each call we were rated on our abilities to keep them as loyal customers and excel in our overall knowledge and skills.

The hardest part of this job was keeping abreast of all of the ever changing database which contained information for us to provide an accurate account of the technologies and applicable procedures. The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was diversified and fun. Teamwork was also an aggressive motivating factor in this industry. – less
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJune 17, 2015
I had great co-workers, on-going training, amazing benefits and team support. I was sad to leave to relocate back to Florida.
efficient worker.
Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: High turnover
My typical day included being in my territory at 8:30am and start prospecting new business until around 11:30. From 11:30 until about 1:30 I would have lunch meetings set up. And from 1:30pm on I would – more... be following up with existing prospects. My co-workers were a big help because we would always be in touch and talking strategy on how to overcome boundaries in the field. The hardest part of the job I would say is the high turnover. But what I enjoyed most is the freedom of the job to make my own schedule and set my meetings. It made me work harder to fill up my schedule. Sometimes that was my biggest obstacle to overcome and not overbook myself. – less
Not sure
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits -
Cons: Explained above
Okay - not much growth and many layoffs a little shaky. I was laid off but wasn't very happy anyway and was looking. Day was simple not much to do - over hire and then no work
Overall, a good place to work
Customer Service/ Technical Support/ Billing (Current Employee), Melville, NYJune 16, 2015
Cablevision all in all is an EXCELLENT company to work for. You just have to be willing to contour your life to their standards, meaning despite your personal life, everything revolves around business needs (aka you come second)
this job can be very stressful
Tech Support (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJune 16, 2015
Pros: working with your peers
The job is not hard helping customer over the phone, what makes it hard are abusive/difficult customers and management.

A typical day working will be taking about 40 calls or more.
Every day they – more... are changing policies pricing, tv packages, optimumwifi, optimum.net website. They do expect you to know every little change and apply it. Almost on a daily basis there are outages and system issues that you are still responsible if things don't work. They also want you to be done helping the customer over the phone in about 10 minutes or less this include TV, phone and internet and even having a difficult customer disputing the bill. They want everything done in 10 minutes or less if you don't complete this management will call and have a meeting with you.

Management:
Very unorganized, some managers/supervisors are unprofessional with no manners or people skills. Most of the time managers are looking for any reason to fire/layoff other employees but most of the time is the phone representatives.
Managers/Supervisors here come and go they either get fired or they quit or found a better opportunity in a different company.
After having years of service they don't get a promotion. This company prefers to hire outsiders rather than the employees within the company.

Schedule:
Some people start early as 6:00am and others go home at 4:00am the building is open almost 24 hours. Working here you are not guaranteed a schedule because Cablevision changes everybody's schedule every 6 months to a year is call a shift bid. If you are hoping to get an schedule in the morning and you end up getting a night schedule, management will not under any circumstance help you change it. Once they have assigned your new schedule they will not make any effort to change it. If you are a parent, you are attending university, you have to go to church Sundays or have any other activity, Cablevision doesn't care and every manager will not make an exception to change your schedule. People also have 2 different shifts that they can work a shift of 8 hours or 10 hours, as I mentioned before Cablevision assigns this to you. They also choose your days off. For the shift bid seniority doesn't count as I seen people with over 10 years of service and they are assigned what ever Cablevision believes is appropriate. Many times you will see employees with only six months have a better schedule than senior technicians/representatives.

Inclement weather:
Cablevision is not a Police department, Fire department a hospital or even a gas or electric company or anything that may resemble an emergency. But they do expect you report to work under every kind of weather including severe snow storms with more than 10 inches of snow. Even when the state has declared an state of emergency they still want you to be at work. This also includes hurricanes you are expected to work.

Job Qualification:
Cablevision is asking for an Associates degree/Bachelors degree or at least 60 college credits, maybe even certifications like network+, A+, security+.
To be honest about this job their Qualifications here are to high nobody here needs to be an engineer to be resetting routers, modems, cable boxes, setting up emails and get a job here. What is more challenging is to deal with the customer when disputing bills and they want more credit.
They do require you to have a degree here but you will never use any of your knowledge every day is the same here. – less
Evolving Industry with Many Changes on the Horizon
Business Planning Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 13, 2015
Good company, with many opportunities in Long Island where the Headquarters is located. Competitive Salary, and good benefits are a plus with Cablevision.
The Kings Of The Tri-State Area
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being in the position to speak on behalf of such a well reknown prestigious organization.
Cons: Not offering certain tv networks sought after by potential subscribers
Loved the cable tv industry. Loved servicing the tri state area (New York , New Jersey , Long Island , Connecticut. High paced inbound call center. Its a privilege to be the face of an organization. Essentially – more... speak on behalf of our CEO and president. Greet the customer , provide detailed information , educate , explain billing portions of the company. Its great when you are confident in a product and provide strong upsales often resulting in product knowledge and sales. – less
horrible place
technical support (Current Employee), Jericho, NYJune 9, 2015
they dont care about there employees. company is horrible and they need to hire better supervisors and managers. they need to listen to the employees
Cablevision
Optimum Store Coordinator (Current Employee), Freeport, NYJune 4, 2015
Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
Organizing and maintaining files and records
Provide excellent service, maintain files and resolve issues with customers
Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
Very well organized
Crew Chief (Former Employee), Warwick, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: Well paid
Cons: all good
Very good with some hickups. All in All it has been a great place to work for. Made many friends and loved my job. I hope to continue with the Cable Industry and use my many years of knowledge
Construction (Former Employee), Jericho NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: NA
Lightpath dept..

working with the other dept was a challenge...

Working with contractors to meet customer expectation
Productive, Fast Paced, Excellent Work Culture
Lead Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYJune 2, 2015
. Innovation Leader in Telecom Domain.Great Management and Great Work Culture.Provides excellent learning and growth opportunities. I learned many new technologies during my engagement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more

Cablevision Salaries