Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Cablevision was a Great Employer for 10 years
Strategic Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 27, 2016
I called Cablevision home for a decade before it was sold to Altice USA. The culture and people working for the company were great. There was always room for advancement, if you were willing to work hard.
Pros
Free Cable, Great place to work, promotion opportunities available.
Cons
Micromanagement depending on the department.
Get learning experience
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 25, 2016
This was a great company they have great benefits just work there employees a little to hard. They expect techs to go above and beyond and do not show there appreciative.
My Cable-Vision
Optimum Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2016
My work day consist of serving customers with payments, exchanging equipment, explanation of bill.

Everyday there is new information to learn. The company grows and changes

Collaborate with co workers on making a better positive work environment.

Hardest part of the job, not being able to please everyone.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working along side with co workers and completing a positive productive work day!
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Health Care
work experience
SSIS/SSRS Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
A great experience handling enterprise databases in production and development platforms. Handled Enterprise warehouse and managed 3 TB
• Developed user interfaces using JSF, CSS, HTML, JavaScript and AJAX
Sr. J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 21, 2016
• Developed user interfaces using JSF, CSS, HTML, JavaScript and AJAX.
• Used different phases of JSF lifecycle for client-side and server-side data validation.
• Developed web-based customer management software using Struts Framewok.
• Used Hibernate to query DB2 database and return results to the front-end.
• Involved in development of JUnit Testing, debugging, and bug fixing.
• Involved in analysis of requirements of the Project, have input into the high level design where required and support complete Project implementation.
• Involved in the implementation of internal message channels utilizing JMS API.
• Worked on SQL scripts to resolve issues reported by business users on the back-end database DB2 server.
• Developed batch processes to generate data files using web services.
• Integrated enterprise information system tier by developing Web Services (SOA).
• Built application ear files to be deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
• Worked on new feature enhancements and provide new functionality as requested by the business users.
• Identified bugs and resolved them in an efficient way.
• Increased performance of the extended applications by making effective use of various design patterns (Session Facade, Business delegate, DAO).
• Identify, document and resolve project issues, escalate as required.
• Support of production, post production and maintenance issues of the Project.
Environment: Java 5, JEE 5.0, Struts, RAD 7.0, Ajax, JavaScript, JAX-WS, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, WSDL, JMS, Hibernate 3.0, JSTL, Spring, XML, XSLT, WebSphere 6.1, DB2 9.1,
  more... Squish, Apache CXF 2.1.3, Junit 4.1, SVN, Ant 1.6.5.  less
working at cablevision
Communications Desk Representative II (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 21, 2016
It was an excellent position to learn the in and outs of the CV network. It was an intense atmosphere but a good place to work.
account retention representative
Account Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2016
PROS
Great benefits(medical,dental,vision),free cable ,internet and phone or employees. paid holidays, double pay if you work on a holiday, 401k,discounts with many retailers,

CONS
working with irrate employees. depending on your schedule you might be working a late shift 12pm-9pm. Split days off giving you one weekend day off. pool commisions system.
Agonizing and inhospitable workplace violates civil rights with glee
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 15, 2016
Cablevision is a workplace where institutional discrimination and racism is routinely tolerated and awarded by management. Falsifying reports, lying to customers, lying to employees, backstabbing, hostile competition, and being insulted by those in power is part of the daily experience. No tools are provided to adequately deal with customer problems and management's overall intolerance, condescension, abuse of customers and employees alike, are all what you can expect while you are employed by this organization. For a major corporation, it is the most vile and hostile work experience I have seen in my nearly tenure, not to mention the most disorganized and unprofessional office environment. The company actively treats both its employees and its customers as resources to be harvested and disposed of. Lying to customers and refusing to provide adequate assistance to those in need is a required part of the job. The one silver lining is that benefits and compensation are good, but it is not worth what you must go through to acquire them. Being able to look yourself in the mirror and know that you are not a dishonorable person is more important. Avoid this organization at all costs.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Has nice rewards
In-Bound Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 13, 2016
Company help me build my customer Service skills,sales skills, and phone skills, at cablevision I leard to used the ADA system. We setup appointments and took payments.
fun enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 11, 2016
working at cablevision was a great experience excellent mgr and co workers loved dealing doing B2B dealing with the owners was a great experience

Want to know more about Cablevision?

Ask a question
Great Company Great Benefit
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 2, 2016
Cablevision is a great company with great benefit and always provides its employees room for career advancement. A fun environment to work with good and friendly coworker.
Pros
Great career choice
Cons
N/A
not a fun place to work for
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
very traditional company with lots of layer of mgt and hard to get work done!

Not a cultured company to work for

co workers are nice though but not the management
Fun Place to work.
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 26, 2016
Fun place to work, great benefits! Overall good people and satisfactory compensation plans. Great management and staff. I've been here for about 3 years and I have a wonderful time here.
Nice company
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 26, 2016
Good Company, clean working environment, Free cable services.Fast paced environment.Typical call center. Different managers - different personality.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
No advancement
Great Opportunity
Installation Field Supervisor, State of NJ (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2016
My job is challenging everyday I step into the office and I look forward to facing those challenges with a positive attitude. I work with many different organizations in Cablevision and have a rapport with all of them, all in a different way. I deal with design, service activation, project management and dispatch. I supervise 11 technicians and handle many different issues regarding the jobs for the day, company related issues they face and helping them work through difficult problems they face on the job. I am in charge of safety and quality in my organization and I hold monthly sessions to keep us compliant for the year. The most enjoyable part of the day for me is when I make a difference in getting the jobs to complete for our customers and working with different people everyday to help reach that common goal of customer satisfaction.
Pros
company car, great salary
Cons
health benefits
Excellent pay and benefits
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJMay 18, 2016
I had a lot of great experiences working there and learned a lot. Was advanced a few times. Great pay. But there were too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I had a great manager there at my last position. He was a great guy. Very helpful.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Too many chiefs
Productive environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2016
assisting customer concerns, escalations, service issue to ensure a positive experience is made. Good benefits and environment
fast paced environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
Fast paced, strict place. Room for advancement. Appreciates feedback from its customers. Laid back culture. Many co workers
Call Center Environment
Technical Support Representative lvl 2 (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 13, 2016
This is a position that demands constant attention and is based on a time and stat system. You are expected to work either a 5 day by 8 hr shift or a 4 day by 10 hr shift. The pay and benefits are adequate. When looking into the work environment it is not adequate and in some cases a heath hazard. Working up to 10 hrs a day with 3 breaks two 15-20 mins breaks and one 30 mins lunch may not be enough. I have learned that working with many people a day can be changeling but rewarding as the general public does need help and will ask for it. Management is a very standard corporate environment. Multiple VP's, Managers and Supervisors that are all interchangeable. The Chain of responsibility escalates form Tech to LEAD to Supervisor then to a Manager. Decisions are made by Upper management and are not always favorable for the lower level employee. The hardest part of the job would be the ever changing upper management. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a person out of a hard technical situation.
Pros
Free Cable Services, Occasional Free Lunches, Occasional Corporate Perks
Cons
Break, Lack of understanding for heath issue, Long hours chained to desk, Lack of concern for employee mental heath, No work place psychologist.
Productive and fun place to work
Optimum Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 10, 2016
Great Company to work for
flexible hours
Great supervisors and Managers
Prestige
Recognition
Competitive Salary
Excellent Benefits
Pros
awards
Cons
n/a