Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Optimum
Research & Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2015
This company has numerous opportunities and for a determined and foceus person they can go very far.

There is a lot of benefits for working for this company.
Fun, friendly, productive but very stressful sometimes
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 28, 2016
Stop favoritism and create equal opportunities for all your workers and you'll stop loosing great and talented workers. Very limited room for advancement, only few who are part to the clique move up the ranks and everybody else is considered as numbers and therefore only progress like stale water.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome training opportunities, great coworkers and discounted TV, Internet and phone service.
Cons
Management is deep into Favoritism, you gotta know someone to be promoted. Rules for fore front workers are unrealistic and too many.
Great Benefits...
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2016
Cablevision gets worst each day! While I am use to constant changes, I can say that the changes I've experienced within my 7 months of being here are not in the best interest of it's employees.
Yes, the benefits are great! Free cable & health insurance, great discounts etc... However it takes a little more than great benefits to keep your employees satisfied, feeling valued and motivated to continue working for your company.

There is a lack of support from management, and very poor communication internally.
Pros
Free Cable & Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Cablevision was a great company to work for, great benefits, great staff
Referral Desk Coordinator Optimum Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work would be log in and find out which tasks your are assigned to that day. Especially since I had been there for 6 years, I was a subject matter expert on multiple tasks. I learned about switches, back end coding, and what it took to port a number from one company to another. Management was great, we had monthly meetings with the entire team, and once a month alone with your Manager. Co-workers were great to work with, willing help, and all had a generally lively attitude. The hardest part of the job was learning to use a new tool, or learning a new task. The most enjoyable was that we would have monthly Birthday celebrations, we would get to sign off for a half hour, they would have cake, cookies, and fruit.
Pros
Birthday celebrations
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 12, 2016
Overall this was a great way for me to learn that customer representative is not what i want to do. The pay is decent and the benefits are good. The work atmosphere itself is rather awful though. The general mood of the majority of the people is "this job sucks cant wait to go home". Understandably most people don't like working but it was on a whole different level of miserable at Cablevision. Having to resolve issues for this company was tough to do after knowing how many faults and malfunctions occur regarding a cable box, router etc. And as a customer service rep not believing in the company is a major hindrance. Unless you have the patience of a saint this job is not worth the headache you will have after every day of work.
Benefits
Cons
Work Atmosphere, the job itself
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY 11714July 19, 2016
I was selling future travel arrangement onboard a five star luxury cruise ship. the sales targets were both individual as well as team goals. Selling a holiday to a client is all about building rapport understanding there needs and painting a picture on how they deserve to take there dream vacation. Ask them as many questions as you can as to what they like to do for fun whats there dream vacation find there direct buying motive and then use the answers to there questions to handle any objections they might throw at you!
Former Employee
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkJune 1, 2015
I've worked for the company for almost 10 years and was thanked for my loyalty and dedication with a nice lay off package. I would advise anyone to be very weary about potential employment here. They chew you up and spit you out and forget about trying to reapply, It's almost like you are blacklisted after a lay off smh. The company is very unstable and not the best place to work right now. If you want a job where you have to worry whether or not you will have a job the next day or week then go ahead and apply. If you are looking for job stability and security, please look elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits, and corporate hours.
Cons
Micro management, lack of professionalism from higher ups. No loyalty to long term workers
Great Benefits, Good Pay, Micromanaging
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2015
Overall a good company to work for, You MUST be on top of your game, or you'll get fired, If you perform you'll get the best shift, must be consistent or they'll give you the worst shift come next year's shift realignment, and that happens every year.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits/ Free Internet, TV And phone.
Cons
Micromanaging, NO job security
Good Experience
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 9, 2015
cablevision as a company is excellent benefits are great however management needs improvement many of the supervisor treat employees very unprofessional
benefits
Cons
unprofessional
Awesome
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2015
I enjoyed my stay with cablevision. They were very employee friendly, meaning they supported us totally. The Benefits were outstanding. The people were awesome. Very good company to work for
Pros
Many incentives
Cons
Can't find any?
Political Position
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJApril 28, 2016
The territory you work in is said to be randomly assigned but I witnessed coordinators look at street views of the locations each employee works. Newer employees get the bottom of the barrel and struggle to get by while longer tenure employees get first pick. The make significant money but you have to struggle and work in fear of termination to get to that point. To just get by you have to work 6/7 days a week. Safety is a big concern for me. I had someone pull a gun out on me during work. Number one reason I am looking for a new career. I value my life!
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Micro-managing, safety
Summary provided below
Supervisor of Call Center (Former Employee) –  765 Bank Street Newark NJ 07102August 8, 2016
I would start the day off playing a positive song to my reps to help them be productive through the day. Then I would start my Supervises day-to-day operations of the department as well as diffuse and resolve various volatile customer situations while maintaining the balance between the interests of the company and customer satisfaction
Pros
Enjoying interactions with my reps
Cons
Not have all vital information available first when changes are made
Good co-workers, no job security
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJSeptember 14, 2015
Great co-workers, horrible job security. Great benefits, terrible HR department. Local management is good, upper management does not care about anyone below them.
Awesome place to work
Bilingual Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMarch 25, 2015
Cablevision call centers are close to the gold standard in call centers. Management has set a nice break area where brewing machines are in place at no extra charge. There is a game room with ping pong tables, arcade machines, pool and mini-hockey to blow some steam during your break/lunch. Proper training is provided in a constant basis to assist customer with the products and to effectively deescalate potential grave issues. Since it's a 24/7 call center it's hard to be provided with an adequate shift that will allow an adequate work/life balance. The benefits are above industry standard. Besides the full health/dental/vision/401k they provide to employees their TV, phone and Internet for free (just pay the equipment)
Pros
Great benefits, good workplace environment
Job
Technical Support Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 2, 2016
on any job , i take pride, but learn to push my self and advanced my career. my co-workers where awesome.

poor communication from management and above,
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare
Cablevision call ctr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 8, 2015
Very stressful, poor management, cut throat culture.

When I was there (until 2014) they had implemented multiple shifts, too often there were not enough seats, you could never expect to sit at your usual seat. Days with overtime were the worse, many times computers didn't not work.

Mandatory shift change every year, if you worked days, you might be given a night shift, this included getting a new immediate supervisor, who usually had an entirely different way of doing things.

At first there were tests every 3-4 months, when I left; tests were given every month. The company does not want a union, employees were told not to speak to any Union Rep,, several years ago the former head of call center threatened that if a union was brought in she would close the center.
Pros
ok pay/benefits
Cons
work environment
My Cable-Vision
Optimum Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2016
My work day consist of serving customers with payments, exchanging equipment, explanation of bill.

Everyday there is new information to learn. The company grows and changes

Collaborate with co workers on making a better positive work environment.

Hardest part of the job, not being able to please everyone.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working along side with co workers and completing a positive productive work day!
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Health Care
A large company with a friendly, small company feel
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 22, 2015
Cablevision is a great company to work for. They go out of their way to reward good employees and really put the effort in to help those who may be struggling. The corporate culture there is pleasant and management is open and approachable. I worked in several departments during my time there, and although the job duties varied, the above remained the same. If you're on the phone, patience is key because often you'll be dealing with customers who need your help, but may not want it. Luckily, there is a good support structure for phone reps. I also worked in the Traffic department, where we handled a lot of employee data and dealt with call volume issues and outage information. It could go from a slow, sleepy day to a fast paced, all hands on deck scenario in a heartbeat, so it always kept you on your toes.
Pros
Great benefits, frequent morale boosting activities, approachable management
Cons
Sometimes hard to advance, shifts for phone reps not always ideal
Cutting Edge Work Environment with emphasis on adaptation
Technical Service Group Level II (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 15, 2016
This employer prides itself on maintaining a high quality product. They take care of their employees when it comes to benefits, pay and training. I had the ability to quickly and conveniently support a broad range of customer inquiries. However, some of the statistics they hold you to can interfere with providing thorough support to all subscribers.
Pros
Good pay and bonuses, Breakroom stocked with TV, pool and ping pong tables
Cons
Emphasis on speed over quality and constantly changing schedules
very busy atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2015
Learned a great deal working for Cablevision and the benefits were excellent.....they provided us with a lunch room that had tv sets and comfortable chairs for us to relax....it was an extremely stressful job with high demands but we also had a great deal of laughs which broke up the day
Pros
we were given cablevision video, internet and phone at no montly charge
Cons
some goals they expected were impossible to reach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cablevision. Our community is ready to answer.