Cablevision Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Optimum Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 10, 2016
Great Company to work for
flexible hours
Great supervisors and Managers
Prestige
Recognition
Competitive Salary
Excellent Benefits
Pros
awards
Cons
n/a
Cablevision
OUTBOUND SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 9, 2016
Cablevision has been a great place to work for. Great work environment, and lots of ways to grow in the company. Cablevision has amazing benefits and takes good care of their employees.
Great people
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 5, 2016
Great work environment and people. Overall the job and management was very forthcoming and allowed all workers the ability to grow in their positions
Excellent standards at this company.
Fleet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 2, 2016
Excellent company to work for but I am looking for better compensation. I love the team I work with, company benefits are outstanding.Just got purchase by a European company.
it is a good place to work for a single guy
I learm a lot
great people
Political Position
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJApril 28, 2016
The territory you work in is said to be randomly assigned but I witnessed coordinators look at street views of the locations each employee works. Newer employees get the bottom of the barrel and struggle to get by while longer tenure employees get first pick. The make significant money but you have to struggle and work in fear of termination to get to that point. To just get by you have to work 6/7 days a week. Safety is a big concern for me. I had someone pull a gun out on me during work. Number one reason I am looking for a new career. I value my life!
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
Micro-managing, safety
Very Productive and Career Based./
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYApril 26, 2016
Learned Customer service Skills, very hard work, time consuming, micro managing. very big in safety, Hardest part of the job is performing to Standard and time.
progressive
Optimum Senior Virtual Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
I like this place and enviorment wiith upward mobility it has its perks fun and downs but being ontime and doing your job you can make a great career
Great place to work over the last 16 years.
Strategic Billing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 21, 2016
I've met an abundance of friends and associates here at Cablevision over the 16 years of my employment. Until just recently, I always felt it was still a family oriented place to work and have a career at.
Cutting Edge Work Environment with emphasis on adaptation
Technical Service Group Level II (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 15, 2016
This employer prides itself on maintaining a high quality product. They take care of their employees when it comes to benefits, pay and training. I had the ability to quickly and conveniently support a broad range of customer inquiries. However, some of the statistics they hold you to can interfere with providing thorough support to all subscribers.
Pros
Good pay and bonuses, Breakroom stocked with TV, pool and ping pong tables
Cons
Emphasis on speed over quality and constantly changing schedules
Fair and fun place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYApril 14, 2016
I do enjoy working for the company. Professional environment. Large range of shifts. Good starting pay, benefits 401k. Cool break room pool, ping pong, video games.
Cablevision was a great company to work for, great benefits, great staff
Referral Desk Coordinator Optimum Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work would be log in and find out which tasks your are assigned to that day. Especially since I had been there for 6 years, I was a subject matter expert on multiple tasks. I learned about switches, back end coding, and what it took to port a number from one company to another. Management was great, we had monthly meetings with the entire team, and once a month alone with your Manager. Co-workers were great to work with, willing help, and all had a generally lively attitude. The hardest part of the job was learning to use a new tool, or learning a new task. The most enjoyable was that we would have monthly Birthday celebrations, we would get to sign off for a half hour, they would have cake, cookies, and fruit.
Pros
Birthday celebrations
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 12, 2016
Overall this was a great way for me to learn that customer representative is not what i want to do. The pay is decent and the benefits are good. The work atmosphere itself is rather awful though. The general mood of the majority of the people is "this job sucks cant wait to go home". Understandably most people don't like working but it was on a whole different level of miserable at Cablevision. Having to resolve issues for this company was tough to do after knowing how many faults and malfunctions occur regarding a cable box, router etc. And as a customer service rep not believing in the company is a major hindrance. Unless you have the patience of a saint this job is not worth the headache you will have after every day of work.
Benefits
Cons
Work Atmosphere, the job itself
Excellent Company to work for
Coordinator III - Specialty Accounts (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYApril 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. In the recent years many changes have occurred however, as long as you do what you have to do in regards to your job and position you are "ok".
Pros
Free TV, OOL, OV services and Great Benefits
Cons
A lot of pressure in the recent years
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 11, 2016
Met with HR, then Retention managers. Asked general background questions and how my experience would relate to the job. Walked through the sales floor, showed the commission structure and how the metrics work. After that it was a 1 on 1 with the manager just asking how you deal with people who are calling and typically angry with the process. That was the main focus of the interview
Fun and uptempo working enviroment
Customer Retention / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 10, 2016
• Required to use superior customer service and communication skills to assist customers
• Handled inbound calls regarding disconnects or downgrades in attempt to save accounts on each call
• Reestablished rapport with customers by thoroughly presenting features, benefits, and value of the products
• Up-sold products and services to customers and make changes to accounts as needed
• Processed customer information and schedule services installations and tech visits
Handled incoming customer calls on multiple customer issues.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 8, 2016
Optimum-Cablevision is a well know cable company in the metropolitan area of the US. As a customer service representative, the stress levels made very impossible to appreciate the position and the company. Handles multiple calls from customer on everything from billing issues, technical difficulties, and just general cable/internet inquiries. the call center was broken up into teams of customer service reps. Each team had a supervisor and multiple teams were over saw by a manager. The teams I were apart of were made of great people with very interesting personalities. i meshed very well with every team I was apart of. Team meetings were the most enjoyable part of the job. My customer service skills are above exceptional because of my experience as a customer service rep. I learned how to sympathize with the customers as well as listen to and solve different problems. Great company to work for with great benefits but very high stress levels.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
CERTAIN CUSTOEMR COMPLAINTS AND THE HIGH CALL VOLUMES
Good place to work to get through college.
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 8, 2016
Good place to work while going to college. Payed more than most jobs college students have. Fast-paced environment. Tough to keep updated with policy changed every other week. Management trying to find faults in you rather then help you become better.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Shift change every 6 months, management is clueless.
Good place to work for with dry cleaners, cafeteria, and fitness center.
Manager – NOC (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day is to come in at 7:30AM and leave at 5PM. The current role requires significant on-call duties and off hour work.
I have learned quite a bit about switches, routers, and managing a staff. During my time at Cablevision, I became CCNA certified, CCNP certified, passed BGP certification, and the CCIE written examination. The management team, for the most part, has been a great group to work for. The team communicates goals and expectations on a regular basis. There are times that I feel that management does not necessarily practice what they preach. I enjoy working with a vast majority of my coworkers and many I grew up with during my years as a call center representative so it is fun to see how individuals advanced their careers. The most difficult part of the job is how often work needs to be taken home. Being a manager of the NOC, I am constantly involved in service interruption bridge calls that can take part at all times of the day. I do enjoy when a member of my team advances his career in the NOC or is recognized by our network engineers and is hired into that group.
Pros
Good group of colleagues, fitness center, cafeteria, progressive company.
Cons
Take work home, on-call hours in current role
Job
Technical Support Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 2, 2016
on any job , i take pride, but learn to push my self and advanced my career. my co-workers where awesome.

poor communication from management and above,
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare