Cablevision Employee Reviews in United States

Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 1, 2015
Fun place to work and great learning environment. Family oriented environment that develop into close relationships.
Productivity
Programs Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, but the management was terrible and no room for advancement. Salary could have been better for a private company.
Myron Review
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 29, 2015
Sucks. Slave hours. Runs the company like a sweat shop. I would never work for them again. It's hard to believe that I actually worked for them.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
underpaid.
Fine Employer on Long Island
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work. Among the best benefits and work culture in Long Island. Plenty of time off, allowing you to spend time with family. They also have many resources available to keep employees engaged.
Pros
Autonomy of work. Lot of days off.
Cons
Senior Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MANovember 23, 2015
Offers many benefits to employees. Great atmosphere to work in. Wonderful employees to work with.The most enjoyable part of the job was the life long friendships.
Pros
grumpy customers
Great job
Fiel Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 18, 2015
Excelent company. Good pay. Good work environment. A pleasure to go to work every single day. What does this have to do with finding a job. Now bugger off!
Productive Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Typical day is putting out fires, working with account executives and trafficking ads and video production. We work in a very good environment and rely on team work.
The job was fun in its own way where I was able to figure out the install or trouble call on my own. Also meeting very interesting people along the th
Cablevision Field service tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 17, 2015
An over all day involved a lot of trouble calls and installs and helping other technicians finish there routes, As new calls would come in constantly during the work day.
Pros
Free cable.internet that was part of my benefits.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2015
Working at cablevision in the beginning it was a great place. I believe its because the pay is good and the benefits are great and who doesn't like the free cable? However, after being there for some time the metrics that one is assessed by are not fair. Cablevision is too big to care for an individual and the opportunities to advance further from a phone representative are slim. The coworkers make the place more enjoyable and from time to time there are certain activities that make you want to stay. However, in my opinion this has not been the best place for me.
Pros
benefits, free cable
Cons
metrics, opportunities, concern for its employees
Optimum
Research & Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2015
This company has numerous opportunities and for a determined and foceus person they can go very far.

There is a lot of benefits for working for this company.
Very productive enviroment tended to take the best out of every employee
Cable Installation Technician III (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 16, 2015
management people should be more present and more aquirable at any moment. persons and people with such a long time in the same position, believe themselves to treat other employees in a personal manner
Pros
incentivation tru points programs and cookouts
Cons
some older employees treat other employees with too much familiarity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2015
In my opinion the training process was outstanding and the managers were very helpful in helping you succeed. Although the commission structure was not easy to reach due to layout of goals it was a great experience
Very good experience and was proud to be part of their sales team.
Outbound Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2015
I was given a great opportunity with training to become successful in sales inbound and outbound. I was very glad that I had the great experience with them, but need to change the location for personal reasons.
Pros
All of the benefits were great..
Cons
No promotion after almost 3 years..
Cablevision
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 13, 2015
This is the most stressful job I have ever worked. This is why their benefit package is amazing! The pay is alright, but the hours are ridiculous.
call center
Customer Care Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 11, 2015
busy work environment with alot of exciting moments, We worked as a team. Management did not help much. States there is an open door policy, but it's really not.
Pros
pay
Good pay, chaotic atmosphere
Technical Support Group (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 9, 2015
Call center tech support

Training is smooth easy and helpful. Transition to a team is also relatively easy and the pay for training was 12/hr which didn't require you do anything except listen to mini-lectures from trainers. Once on the floor you started at 13.25 with opportunities to bump up every 6 mo. so pay was never a downside.

The only negative was the chaotic atmosphere. I don't know if all call centers are like this, but here's how it was: Every call they want over and done with as quick as possible, if you're on the phone for more than 3-5 minutes, Leads start hovering asking if you're okay, When you deal with older people or just computer-illiterate people it takes several minutes to explain what they need to do and describe the process and get them to understand it sometimes. You're expected to document everything that happens during the call (which is no problem) except when a customer hangs up or their call is dropped as you have to finish documenting the call and the issue so the next rep will know what's going on when they get the ticket if there's a call back, but the call center only wants you to have 10 seconds in between each call which is often not enough in these situations.

The break room and free computer rooms were very convenient on breaks.

My entire team was cut loose right before christmas... we were told our contracts were simply canceled no explanation via phone (by the company) my temp agency rep said they sometimes cut new hires before christmas to avoid holiday pay (which can be double or triple depending on the holiday) so that they
  more... can bring in newbies who can't make the bonus pay.  less
Pros
good pay, good training, nice break rooms
Cons
chaotic atmosphere, job insecurity
Management will make your life misrable
Account Executive - Media Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 8, 2015
Worked in Advertising Sales for 2 years. My co-workers were among the best so why does a lousy company like Cablevision, attract great people? The benefits, their past reputation, working in TV. It WAS great at one time but now everyone is expendable and the demands are too great. Compensation is the lowest of the major cable companies in the area and the annual sales agreement you sign every year reflects that. They are training you to death, leaving NO TIME to sell, only to put you out if you don't make your quotas which can be unrealistic in certain markets. My manager was petty, not trained and a coward toward upper management. Albeit, I did meet some excellent managers but with all the negative changes, they will soon be gone.
Pros
There were some in the beginning but I can't remember them now.
Cons
Constant training, no time to actually sell, no profit sharing, little reward, expectations unrealistic, poor moral, no support from inexperienced management.
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 7, 2015
This is a great company, they are very professional in how they handle matters. Over the top holiday parties, amazing benefits and a world of opportunities.
Pros
Free Healthcare, and Cable
Cons
Short breaks and Difficult Customers
A constant headache from the word go
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 4, 2015
the amount of work that is required at 95% of the jobs is not worth the peanuts they pay. The constant pressure of completing "points" per job makes it near impossible to do the job up to a professional and correct manner. Outdated technology still in use. Constant amount of stress and leaves you little to no time for your personal life if you don't work the 7:30AM - 4PM shift. Your personal relationships WILL suffer.
Challenging and Rewarding
INBOUND SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
At Cablevision my job was to sell all core products including tv, internet, and phone service. Cablevision is a good starting point for entry level work and could use a little more diversity.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
Slow to adapt to new technology, lack of stability.