Cablevision

Cablevision Employer Reviews

very productive and fun
Sales Support Coordinator II (Former Employee), Jericho, NYFebruary 12, 2014
a typical day is assisting employees with escalated calls from customer as well as being a liaison between all other department
n/a
Coordinator (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 11, 2014
Great company overall. Advancement can be challenging. People and benefits are exceptional.
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, benefits and advancement opportunity
Cons: company-wide annual layoffs which ultimately ended my career after 8 years
-Typical day was providing tech support, troubleshooting over the phone, answering many customer inquiries and scheduling appointments
-I learned how to manage my time and work under intense pressure at times
-Management was excellent during my initial training period but pretty non-existant throughout my tenure
-Co-workers were amazing. Some are still – more... my close friends.
-Hardest part was meeting deadlines (reports, schedules, etc)
-Most enjoyable part was interacting with customers, technicians and my immediate co-workers – less
Cablevision great team players.
Executive Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, NJFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: 401k, free cable
Cablevision, for me, was a great place to work because my fellow team was just that a great team. We were able to help other departments which in turn helped the Company as a whole.

My prior position was part of a re org and although I was not happy to leave I realize that it was my time to move on and I look forward to meeting new challenges.

Management – more... at Cablevision was very accessible however I do not feel top management encouraged advancement. – less
This copany does carre about its employees
Optimum Service Rep (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Not a good environment to work in. This company is not compassionate to employee needs. I feel that they should equally care about the treatment of their employees as well as the customers which they do not
Upbeat fast-paced and a wonderful place to start a career.
Vice President (Current Employee), Bethpage, New YorkFebruary 6, 2014
This is a wonderful company to start your career. The management is fair and if you work hard, you will be rewarded. High achievers are definitely compensated.
Not Much Room For Growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: alot of overtime
Cons: short breaks, to take an hour lunch i have to work 10 hour shifts
The company will take care of you benefit wise, however if one month isnt as good as the last 4
you are not acknowledged for your efforts

Management is never on the same page every day you receive an email and the changes are rarely ever to favor the workers
I grew up and became an adult in Cablevision.
OV-E911 Coordinator II Voice Products (Current Employee), Jericho, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: staff is experienced and there is good leadership. great benefits, gym, movie theater, cafeteria, dry cleaner, shoe shine.
Cons: we had a difficult to grow environment, although the uppermost management were creative visionaries, the managrment teams put in place were not.
Cablevision, is a great company to work for when they are doing well as a whole. When the company is having a trying time it seems as if the whole atmosphere in the company changes and the security of your job is threaten to help you produce more.

My typical day at work start off with me making sure all Geo Code order are updated. Once this is done, – more... my day can go a multiple different ways, which is something I enjoyed because everyday was not the same. On most days I would monitor Rep/customer calls from TSG , Take a spanish call for LNP , follow up with move transfer orders, train new representatives, help VDO and Sales support via phone, contact costumer for msag orders and go to operations meetings.

Overall Cablevision was a good place to work. Most of Management i consider to be great at what they did. My peers where always helpful and we always had each others back. The hardest part of the job was working weekends, and the most enjoyable part of my work was the benefits( free cable, great health care) – less
Great People and Good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free cable service, internet and phone also great break room
Cons: poor wages and benefits
The people are really nice and there are several opportunities for advancement. The only cons are the pay and benefits.
n/a
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJanuary 25, 2014
answered incoming calls trouble shoot internet/phone services.
Cablevision is a dynamic and entrepreneurial company
SVP, User Experience & Emerging Products (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: dynamic work environment
Cablevision is a dynamic and entrepreneurial company where new ideas and changes are a daily occurrence.
The job overall was completely customer service.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 23, 2014
This was a temp to perm position for which I was offered a permanent job. Due to the fact that I was offered a temp/perm position at Yale, and since my background is medical, I declined and left to work for Yale Medical Group.
A very diverse company to work for.
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2014
I the opportunity allows I will like to work at that company again or another company like Comcast.
Roller coaster ride of a company
Outbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Jericho, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: job security

My typical day at work start off with me making sure all employees are in attendance for work. Once everyone – more... is accounted for my day can go a multiple different ways, which is something I enjoyed because everyday was not the same. On most days I would monitor sales/customer calls from Account Executive , do performance appraisals, follow up with corrective actions, train new representatives, coach under preforming representatives, help close sales via phone, take costumer service complaint calls and go to operations meetings.

Overall Cablevision was a good place to work. Most of Management i consider to be great at what they did, my peers where always helpful and we always had each others back. The hardest part of the job was working weekends, and the most enjoyable part of my work was the benefits( free cable, great health care) – less
Not what i expected
Retention, Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: 2nd part of training
Swamped with many calls from angry customers, due to receiving poor service. Learned of to use different ways to help customers. Management was helpful. Co-workers helped when i had a problem with an account. The hardest par was helping customers who already changed to other provider or customers who were moving out of cable area to keep our services. – more... None. – less
Generally a good company to work for.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 14, 2014
Cablevision was generally a good company to for. The benefits were excellent and they offered alot of educational opportunities.
Sales oriented environment
Direct Sales Supv (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits were excellent
Cons: the hrs noon tyill 9pm and sats
Dat started at 12:PM. Checked in the previous days sales and activity for the Acct Execs. I discussed with the acct execs their previous work day day expeeriences and their game plan for today.

It was very enjoyable training and assisting in setting their goals.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 14, 2014
very family oriented workplace. flexible hours and great benefits
competitive but can be fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Piscataway, njJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: fun work enviroment
Cons: the company only cares about what your sales numbers look like.
This company is extremely competitive. But the people you end up working with can make the job fun, but they are also the same ones who might steal your sales.
A great company to work for with great benefits and opportunities to move up to different departments. Great employers.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), brooklyn, nyJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great incentives for the reps, lunch for the whole office, great bonus.
Cons: hours can change when you least expect it.
A typical day of work will be to come in great all your employees, start your computer or answer any calls that come in. You learn customer service, sales, computer, heavy phone systems and projects that need to be done and finished at a timely matter. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is really nothing, you just do your job and everything – more... will be ok. I enjoyed working with the reps and customers on the phone. – less

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes – Read more