Cabot Corporation Employee Reviews

Cabot
Process Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 7, 2017
Started out as a dependable job. Trained in several areas. Received safety training regularly. Troubleshooting was expected regularly even on new equipment.
Pros
Great Pay, 401k, medical, dental and vision plans
Cons
Some equipment was rigged instead of fixed properly
oh boy
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 23, 2017
the pay is good but the management in place is the real downfall of the plant. It was a constant struggle between production and maintenance on who took priority.
Sr. Capital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAAugust 30, 2017
Upper Management has good handle on the product lines. Work at the plant is easy going in my role. There are other department managers that take their jobs way too seriously and their workers suffer for it. Some of the other departments have poor work life balance. The Capital department is great though and I enjoy my work but I would be hard pressed to take another role in the plant due to poor management of facility
Pros
Laid Back Department
Cons
Some people have unrealistic expectations and local promotability is limited
overall positive but...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2017
with limited opportunities, very nice colleagues, However, very poor work life balance. most importantly, do not see much opportunities to advance your career.
Maybe it is myself, not the company.
Manual Labor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAAugust 28, 2017
I was a working production supervisor during a labor dispute with the union.
Exposure to hydrofluoric acid
Worked 12 hour shift 12 days on 2 days off for over 8 months
Learned a difficult process for the production of Tantalum powder
Process was intensive manual labor
Other acids used in the process
Pros
Over time pay
Cons
Exposure to a difficult process, limited time off
Plant closed
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Waverly, WVAugust 16, 2017
Very much to be learned at Cabot Ohio river .
Talented employees surrounded my a crumbling facility . I learned a lot from my time at Cabot . Ultimately the plant was closed .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Plant closed
Overall good company
Unit Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2017
At my site work life balance is really good, management is solid, and attitudes are positive. Compensation/benefits are very competitive. Can't speak for all sites though.
Gave me a chance to provide a great living for my family.
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJuly 22, 2017
Great company , I was blessed to have this job ,I was able to work my way through the ranks to get to the position I wanted the most .I just needed a change after thirty years in the chemical plants .
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Changing of the culture over the years
Can not say anything bad about Cabot Corperation
Maintenance Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work, they closed the plant for a day and took us all to Fenway to enjoy a Red Sox game. Excellent Benefits Highest paid job i had ever had! I sure miss the people i worked with! Great bunch of guys & girls. The best foreman I had ever had!!!!
great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2017
Cabot was a great place to work. The indeed had work life balance with flexible hours. Unfortunatly, the company decided to outsource some departments overseas.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2017
Great, collaborative, atmosphere and knowledgeable people. Recent turnover at the CEO level, that has been definitely for the better. New CEO is visionary and, I believe has the right skill set and vision to keep the Company growing.
Pros
Great leadership team, collaborative, multinational environment
Great place
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAMay 29, 2017
it was a nice place to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. They believe in teamwork and give positive feedback on all work and attempt to work.
Best Company I have worked for
Sr. Applications Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BILLERICA, MAApril 16, 2017
I always looked forward to coming to work because every day was never the same. Workload was always heavy and I constantly learned new skills. Great sense of team work in every department and overall when I first started in 2004, people were very happy.
Sadly as management made more and more bad financial decisions and an atrocious unbalance in spending I saw some of the hardest working and most valuable employees laid off. Very sad.
Through it all, I think Management's intent is to continuously uphold the great company it has always been.
Pros
Very pro-employee benefits. Respect in the workplace.
Cons
Management favoritism
Great company with good benefits
Mailroom Supervisor /Shipper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Great work place environment, where employees are shown a great of respect regardless what level you are level in the organisation. Clean, pleasant, friendly culture.
production company
Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXDecember 21, 2016
Allowed to work up and learn new things to develop skills. Able to work with a team of highly trained millwrights and large company.
Company allowed us to cross train and become well rounded associate.
Pros
Great benefits and allowed to work overtime.
Cons
Company sold many times.
Stable, no rocking the boat
Sr. Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LADecember 17, 2016
OK company, doesn't do anything without months of review. Fairly bureaucratic from the top down. If you want to work at a place that is slow moving, this would be a good place.
Cabot has the vision to invest in welfare and training of their people at all levels
Engineering and Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabot Barry U.KDecember 15, 2016
A great place to work for .You have been valued as a person at any level in the organisation . The company is looking after the welfare of the individual ie you are not a number and you have been listened to.
The company allocates a substantial budget for training the individuals in both technical and the soft-skill .The opportunity for promotion is also available for the right candidates both in UK or overseas within the Cabot Corporation.
I was sad to leave the workforce and the company when I retired from my job.
Pros
Open door policy and support from the management
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LAJune 26, 2016
Unless you fit in with the click or do non company things you will not work there. I worked there for almost 2 years and trust me Cabot is not all what it seems. I did not my work to the best of ability and was not enough,
Great company with good benefits. People are very nice
Sr. Admin Coordinator/Facilities and SH&E Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 15, 2016
Cabot is a great company to work for. My skills were utilized and I felt challenged everyday.

The people made the job enjoyable. All levels interact directly and there is advancement available in most departments.

I learned more about Accounts Payable at Cabot which put me in a "super users" category using the JD Edwards finance system. With this knowledge I was able to train new employees on the system and help when needed.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent workload.

Event planning was also a job task that I enjoyed. Several times/year there were large meetings and events planned at our site that required customization and attention to details. This was the "fun" part of my job.
Pros
Benefits/Compensation
small family plant atmosphere
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 17, 2016
Cabot has a family environment that is casual and easy to work within. We are a small group that has overlapping duties. It is challenging but rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9