- Conduct geophysical studies for trend analysis, play development and prospect generation
- Utilize 3D workstation and related software for 3D/2D interpretation to generate prospects
- Work with geology, engineering and land to make leasing and drilling recommendations and assist with prospect economics
- Generate prospects, make recommendations and assist with prospect economics
- Generate synthetics and conduct seismic modeling and attribute analysis to evaluate plays and generate prospects
- Generate 3D acquisition targets and assist with the program development
- Assist with producing property studies for the development of workovers, development drilling and exploration upside
- Assist with producing property acquisitions to identify development and/or exploration potential
- Assist in 3D/2D acquisition and processing for design and quality control
- Screen outside submittals and prepare recommendations
- Network industry contacts to monitor activity and identify third party prospects and 3D plays
- Stay current with trend developments and technological advances
- Able to work with paper seismic sections or digital data interchangeably, old and new data
- Prepare seismic budgets, schedules, write ups and geophysical AFE’s
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to meet objectives of position.
- BS Degree in Geology/Geophysics or BS Geology, MS Geophysics
- Strong Structural Geology skills
- 15+ years interpretation experience. 3-D, multi-basin, compressional experience preferred.
- Good familiarity with 3D and 2D field planning, operations, acquisition and data processing.
- Workstation proficient, SMT. Additional (Landmark, GeoGraphix) preferred.
- Able to incorporate sub-surface data into seismic interpretations.
- Familiarity with gravity and magnetic interpretation principles.
- Experience with inversion techniques, advance processing flows, spectral decomposition, angle and far/near offset stacking and other techniques for visualization and interpretation of seismic data
- Strong computer skills, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Good communication and mentoring skills.
- Able to work closely with project teams of geologists, engineers and landmen.
- Discovery track record and proven geographical skills
- Self starter and a grasp of the business
- Must have ability to work in a goal orientated, multi-disciplined and multi-tasking environment
Indeed - 12 months ago