Cache Creek Casino Resort

Cache Creek Casino Resort Employer Reviews

great place to work at
Slots floor person (Current Employee), Brooks, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: always working weekends
coworkers are nice, managers are nice, a very great place to work at, I learned to open slots machines, payout jackpots,
Fun work place
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good supervisor and rotation
Cons: working grave shift and no benefit to those that are part time
In a typical day at work I get to enjoyed dealing games to my player and meet new people. I learned that being a dealer is hard due to certain player when they lose, but I get to managed my own table games and control the flow of the games. All my co-workers are easy to be around with and they willing to help me with things that I do not know of. The hardest part of the job is when you face player that given you hard time when they lose lots of money. But overall the job is a fun placed to work and enjoying if you like casino games.
Loved my Job!
Accounting Specialist- Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cache Creek Casino Resort was the best place I've ever worked at! From all of my co-workers to the patrons the environment was fun, interesting, and memorable.
Fun and lots of interaction with people.
Floor Server (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food and health care.
Cons: cleaning ashtrays.
Always on your feet and serving guests with beverages. I learned to be more assertive and remember my drink orders without it being written. Management was good. Co-workers were great and amazing to work with. The hardest part of my job was cleaning ashtrays all the time. I enjoyed most was interacting with guests and making them happy with my customer service.
great one on one customer interaction. Steady work environment. Also company is great on compensation and incentives. As well as set schedule.
slot floor person (Former Employee), Brooks, CANovember 15, 2014
wonderful company to work for. Always opportunity for advancement.
nice friendly environment from Tribe, General manager, all the way to our guest. Consistency when it came to maintaining a professional work place. Always something new being upgraded within the casino system, as well as yearly upkeep on title 31 process and procedure.
good team
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooks, CANovember 5, 2014
1. Provide superior customer service to guests while utilizing R.I.C.H standards.
2. Handling of large amounts of cash and chips from casino bank to gaming floor.
3. Handling distribution of daily funds and deposits for individual departments.
4. Verify cash payouts of $10,000 or more.
5. Ensure proper forms are filled correctly when money transactions occurred.
6. Verify authenticity of identifications, cash, identifications, credit cards, and checks.
7. Prepare written reports as directed by on-duty security supervisor
Excellent place to work.
Cook I (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, full benefits, enrichment programs, discounts: gas, verizon, fitness clubs, target and much more.
Cons: little room for advancement due to union involvement.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is an excellent place to work, but like any place where people are treated well and enjoy their jobs, there is little room for advancement here because people are happy and comfortable where they are. Many employees have been here since before this became a resort in 2004.

Much of management has also been here 10+ years. This place is like one large family and hence its a pleasant place to work. Management is considerate and fair.

The downside to this establishment is Union involvement (for me) but like all Unions, they are here to represent the people and ensure that the employers stay true.
Productive, fun, and cultural fun work environment.
Lead Cashier (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 11, 2014
Everyday i managed about 7-12 employees on grave shift in the cash cage. I've learned so much about managing employees, time management as well as how to communicate with our guest. I've learned a wide range of Casino Credit.
Ok Job.
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJuly 1, 2014
Cache Creek is very secure job if you going by there books, they very good benefits for the people the work there but get ready to don't have life it's only your job and that's it.
Busy, fast pace restaurant.
Waiter (Former Employee), Brooks, California, USAMay 7, 2014
Pros: great turnover on tables.
Cons: demanding guests who liked to yelled at you.
Within the Casino Resort there were numerous restaurants. I worked in the Chinese, or Oriental Restaurant called Kung Fu Fats at the time while i was there. It was definitely the busiest venue in the casino. It was great because there was never a dull moment and you were always running around, busy with lots of guests to serve, made the shift fly by.
Not fun place to work
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Brooks, CAApril 15, 2014
Poor management, too much horse play there. Food horrible, the only good thing was the pay and benefits. Service not good.
good working enviroment and friendly co-workers
Restaurant Busser (Former Employee), 14455 highway 16 BrooksDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits
It was always fun to work there.Very helpful and cooperative coworkers and managers.
Fun place, Diverse environment
Cage Cashier III (Former Employee), Brooks, CADecember 28, 2013
Count all funds in the main vault on a daily basis. What I like about this job was, by the time you know it, the day is over with.
A very good place to work
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee), Brooks, CADecember 24, 2013
Pros: stability
Cons: not much room for advancement
I have a great job. they offer great benefits and the job is stable
Excellant place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 9, 2013
It is a great place to work. Great benefits and wonderful management.
Customer Service
Bus Representative (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJune 30, 2013
This particular position helped sharpen my customer service skills, management was helpful and friendly, I enjoyed going to work here every night.
PBX Casino Style
Private Branch Exchange Operator (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: fun, people oriented, free food.
Cons: working late hours, unpredictability.
As the PBX operator at an Indian tribal gaming casino, hotel and resort you are literally the ears and first point of contact. We offered 24-7 live service and calls ranged from wanting directions to booking rooms or simply knowing what the high stakes poker was set at. The environment was all about the resort experience, whether on the casino floor or behind the scenes. I've learned anything can happen in a casino and you need to be ready for it at all times. Some challenges are sometimes because it was in a remote location, you'd have instances where the weather wouldn't permit traffic to go to or from the casino and we would need to cover the next shift until someone was able to come in. That would be hard, especially if you worked longer than 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was how the company treated you overall, having an amazing culinary staff for breakfast/lunch/dinner because the nearest town was at least a 35-40 minute drive. Sometimes they would throw contests for best employee of the month or had appreciation events for us. It was special.
Fun Loving job
Cashier ll (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 13, 2012
A typical day at work is dealing with money, money, money. Have fun at work while working hard. My co-workers are fun to work with. I learned mostly patience at my job because it is a very busy company.
It was a fun place to work till it got to political for me.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJune 21, 2012
Pros: great benefits, make friends for a life time.
Cons: too much political bs going on there.
It's an excellent place to work , great benefits, a pretty decent pay scale for this economy at this time.
Worst place on earth
employee 0 (Former Employee), Brooks, CAApril 30, 2012
Pros: decent bennifits, pay above industry average (but below ca averages)
Cons: almost everything else
I spent 2 1/2 years at this Native American owned Casino. While my owners are mostley nice, generous people, they are managed by a group misfits who have no concern for employees...specificaly middle management. The "Tribe" only concerns themselves with the bottom line, not the day to day torture issued by upper management.

The relation between the union and company is the worst I have even heard about let alone seen. There was NO give and take at all, mostly fostered by company actions and policies such as "monitoring and tracking employee bathroom habbits". I could go deeper into the injust treatment of all emplyees, but one would have to expierence it to believe it.

I would NOT recomend this Casino for anyone...hourly to mid-management. If you are contacted....RUN!!