Cache Creek Casino Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Great Expereince
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJuly 21, 2016
Its a typical place to work, management is all right easy to work with. Great part is that you get free food everyday as much as you can eat.
Pros
Fee Food as much as you can eat
Best Casino I have ever worked for.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJuly 20, 2016
I was trained and hired by Cache Creek Casino. I went through the dealer training school offered at Cache Creek and was hired as a dealer. I was offered full time after 3 months. I as able to learn 4 new games while working at Cache Creek. I love the food, the management team and the work environment. I was told I should consider moving to Las Vegas because of how talented I was, so I did.
Pros
Excellent training property. Wonderful management team.
Cons
It is just a bit of a drive if you live in a big town.
fast paced environment
Cage Cashier II (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAApril 23, 2016
Working in the cage is a fast paced stressful environment, if you are lucky enough to have a helpful group of co workers that day that are proficient in their jobs the day goes by a lot quicker and easier. It is a smoke filled environment which can make it difficult to breathe at times but it comes with the territory. The most difficult part of the job is communicating with guests who do not speak any English, the most awarding part of this job is getting to know the regular customers and building a relationship with them.
Pros
decent healthcare, free food, discounted gasoline
Cons
Smoke filled environment, management that does not listen, no room for advancement
Friendly and profecional place to work
Cashier/Cusomer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAMarch 7, 2016
Everyday we learn something new being from a guest or just work wise with computer or information any guest may need. The co-workers are nice people and it is a very friendly enviroment. the hardest part of the job might just be to stay awake during a grave yard shift on your Monday. The most enjoyable part of the job may be getting to know so many different people from different cultures and even making friends with co-workers or even guests keeping it profesional, and also love math and numbers so i enjoy just countng chips and money. love learning new things, tasks, etc.
Pros
Free Lunch, full time, great benefits, great supervisors and coworkers
Cons
Long drive and depending on department (grave yard)
Successful Native American Tribe
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day was busy. sometimes hectic and many times enjoyable. Experience does change department to department. GM is respectable and committed. He is sometimes clueless about his executives' behaviors on and off the job.Tribe that owns the place is one of the best and very progressive in all aspects. Unlike many other NA Tribes, they run their business like a professional corporation.
Every so often you see management and employees deal with an obscene Tribal Member, and must be very sensitive and tactful not to loose their jobs, but Tribe would often pull in the tribal's ear later; which is a good thing.
Upper management is as political as you would expect in many big companies. Overall they get along with each other and unless you criticize them too much, they leave you alone. They have not been without scandals; you name it, they had it. When discovered, it is often handled quickly and quitely.
Co-workers and relations between them are good and much better than most places.
Hardest part was to watch the scandals develop.
Most enjoyable part was to be part of a successful and progressive company, owned by one of the best NA tribes, and having room and funds to be creative.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Met many different people.
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Capay Valley, CADecember 11, 2015
Its an interesting place to work and gain experience in a large entertainment environment. Good place for you people to work while attending school.
Solid employment
Assistant Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CADecember 3, 2015
Day-to-day was awesome, challenges were all in place. Opportunity was there for advancement. Upper management was slightly cozy in their position, but again was relative to size (2k+) of company. Co-workers were hands down the best team I've ever worked with.
Pros
Team, opportunity, benefits
Cons
Commute, hours (24hr business)
Overworked, Underpaid, and underappreciated
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAOctober 25, 2015
This job is dealing with guests who think that they are better then the person next to them and them next to them and so on. People constantly yell, cuss, and do whatever they please. Although we have rules and memos in place, management just chooses which to follow on any given day. Co-workers is what makes this place somewhat tolerable. Management is iffy. The most enjoyable part of my job is going home at the end of the shift.
Pros
I heard the Benifits are pretty decent
Cons
guests, memos, management, "A" rated EDR
Loved it
Warehouse Clerk/ Purchasing officer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CASeptember 23, 2015
Cache Creek Casino was one of the best jobs I've ever had but i had to move away. Mostly everyone were great, hard-working people and no one wanted to leave this job because the benefits were out of this world.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and people
Cons
no life outside of work
Job Duty
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAAugust 16, 2015
* Controls the flow and pace of the game at assigned table in accordance with departmental policy by performing the duties below.
• Smiles, makes eye contact, greets customers, thanks customers for tokes and wishing players “good luck” when the leave their assigned table.
• Shuffles and deals cards as required for the play of the assigned game.
• Applies knowledge of dealing procedures according to house rules so as to
preserve the security and integrity of games.
• Exchanges paper currency for gaming chips.
• Pays winning bets and collects losing bets.
• Maintains chip tray at table in orderly fashion.
• Notifies supervisor of any irregularities noticed.
• Answers questions or inquiries from patrons.
• Performs other duties as assigned by an immediate supervisor or manager.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Every 1hr and 20min take break 20min
Co - workers make the day easier to get through
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chang ShouJuly 11, 2015
Some days can be very busy, some days can be very slow but overall you have to have patience. It can be hard and difficult to help a guest that does not speak English but the co workers speak different languages which help out a lot. Management on the other hand can be helpful sometimes but also don't treat us with respect a lot of the times. They like to yell at us in front of guests instead of pulling us off to the side and talking to us in an appropriate way.
Cache Creek is a fun and fast pace work place with a big and close work family everyone is vary nice.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAMay 4, 2015
The hardest part of the job is getting to work its kinda in the middle of no-ware, but once you its like going to a hole different world its really fun and laid-back work place.
Pros
Great benefits and 401K plans
Cons
In the middle of no-ware
Many different opportunities available
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAApril 11, 2015
Being that this is a casino, there are a variety of different departments and therefore jobs available. The range of opportunities is anything from low skill manual labor positions, to high skilled technical positions requiring a great deal of expertise. There are numerous shifts available here due to the fact that this is an around the clock business, leaving room for flexible hours depending on seniority and departments.
Pros
Wide range of work hours, Provide free meals, Good Benefits
Cons
Political environment, Job security
Poductive work environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work included greeting costumers and providing them with the best experience possible. I learned that hard work can take you a long way. Management can improve in a few things but overall very good. Co-workers at Cache Creek are great we are like a huge family. The hardest part of the job is that a casino is open 24 hours 7 days a week. so that means you have to work important holidays and be away from your family. Working at Cache Creek was also very enjoyable it was nice to be able to interact with guest and provide them with great customer service.
Pros
great free food
Cons
working horriable hours
great place to work at
Slots floor person (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CAMarch 18, 2015
coworkers are nice, managers are nice, a very great place to work at, I learned to open slots machines, payout jackpots,
Pros
pay is good
Cons
always working weekends
Fun work place
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJanuary 28, 2015
In a typical day at work I get to enjoyed dealing games to my player and meet new people. I learned that being a dealer is hard due to certain player when they lose, but I get to managed my own table games and control the flow of the games. All my co-workers are easy to be around with and they willing to help me with things that I do not know of. The hardest part of the job is when you face player that given you hard time when they lose lots of money. But overall the job is a fun placed to work and enjoying if you like casino games.
Pros
good supervisor and rotation
Cons
working grave shift and no benefit to those that are part time
Loved my Job!
Accounting Specialist- Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cache Creek Casino Resort was the best place I've ever worked at! From all of my co-workers to the patrons the environment was fun, interesting, and memorable.
Fun and lots of interaction with people.
Floor Server (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Always on your feet and serving guests with beverages. I learned to be more assertive and remember my drink orders without it being written. Management was good. Co-workers were great and amazing to work with. The hardest part of my job was cleaning ashtrays all the time. I enjoyed most was interacting with guests and making them happy with my customer service.
Pros
free food and health care.
Cons
cleaning ashtrays.
great one on one customer interaction. Steady work environment. Also company is great on compensation and incentives. As well as set schedule.
slot floor person (Former Employee) –  Brooks, CANovember 15, 2014
wonderful company to work for. Always opportunity for advancement.
nice friendly environment from Tribe, General manager, all the way to our guest. Consistency when it came to maintaining a professional work place. Always something new being upgraded within the casino system, as well as yearly upkeep on title 31 process and procedure.
good team
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooks, CANovember 5, 2014
1. Provide superior customer service to guests while utilizing R.I.C.H standards.
2. Handling of large amounts of cash and chips from casino bank to gaming floor.
3. Handling distribution of daily funds and deposits for individual departments.
4. Verify cash payouts of $10,000 or more.
5. Ensure proper forms are filled correctly when money transactions occurred.
6. Verify authenticity of identifications, cash, identifications, credit cards, and checks.
7. Prepare written reports as directed by on-duty security supervisor