Cache Creek Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Cache Creek is a fun and fast pace work place with a big and close work family everyone is vary nice.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooks, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and 401K plans
Cons: In the middle of no-ware
The hardest part of the job is getting to work its kinda in the middle of no-ware, but once you its like going to a hole different world its really fun and laid-back work place.
Many different opportunities available
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooks, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Wide range of work hours, Provide free meals, Good Benefits
Cons: Political environment, Job security
Being that this is a casino, there are a variety of different departments and therefore jobs available. The range of opportunities is anything from low skill manual labor positions, to high skilled technical – more... positions requiring a great deal of expertise. There are numerous shifts available here due to the fact that this is an around the clock business, leaving room for flexible hours depending on seniority and departments. – less
Poductive work environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brooks, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great free food
Cons: working horriable hours
A typical day at work included greeting costumers and providing them with the best experience possible. I learned that hard work can take you a long way. Management can improve in a few things but overall – more... very good. Co-workers at Cache Creek are great we are like a huge family. The hardest part of the job is that a casino is open 24 hours 7 days a week. so that means you have to work important holidays and be away from your family. Working at Cache Creek was also very enjoyable it was nice to be able to interact with guest and provide them with great customer service. – less
great place to work at
Slots floor person (Current Employee), Brooks, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: always working weekends
coworkers are nice, managers are nice, a very great place to work at, I learned to open slots machines, payout jackpots,
Fun work place
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good supervisor and rotation
Cons: working grave shift and no benefit to those that are part time
In a typical day at work I get to enjoyed dealing games to my player and meet new people. I learned that being a dealer is hard due to certain player when they lose, but I get to managed my own table games – more... and control the flow of the games. All my co-workers are easy to be around with and they willing to help me with things that I do not know of. The hardest part of the job is when you face player that given you hard time when they lose lots of money. But overall the job is a fun placed to work and enjoying if you like casino games. – less
Loved my Job!
Accounting Specialist- Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Cache Creek Casino Resort was the best place I've ever worked at! From all of my co-workers to the patrons the environment was fun, interesting, and memorable.
Fun and lots of interaction with people.
Floor Server (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food and health care.
Cons: cleaning ashtrays.
Always on your feet and serving guests with beverages. I learned to be more assertive and remember my drink orders without it being written. Management was good. Co-workers were great and amazing to work with. The hardest part of my job was cleaning ashtrays all the time. I enjoyed most was interacting with guests and making them happy with my customer service.
great one on one customer interaction. Steady work environment. Also company is great on compensation and incentives. As well as set schedule.
slot floor person (Former Employee), Brooks, CANovember 15, 2014
wonderful company to work for. Always opportunity for advancement.
nice friendly environment from Tribe, General manager, all the way to our guest. Consistency when it came to maintaining a professional work place. Always something new being upgraded within the casino system, as well as yearly upkeep on title 31 process and procedure.
good team
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooks, CANovember 5, 2014
1. Provide superior customer service to guests while utilizing R.I.C.H standards.
2. Handling of large amounts of cash and chips from casino bank to gaming floor.
3. Handling distribution of daily funds – more... and deposits for individual departments.
4. Verify cash payouts of $10,000 or more.
5. Ensure proper forms are filled correctly when money transactions occurred.
6. Verify authenticity of identifications, cash, identifications, credit cards, and checks.
7. Prepare written reports as directed by on-duty security supervisor – less
Excellent place to work.
Cook I (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, full benefits, enrichment programs, discounts: gas, verizon, fitness clubs, target and much more.
Cons: little room for advancement due to union involvement.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is an excellent place to work, but like any place where people are treated well and enjoy their jobs, there is little room for advancement here because people are happy and comfortable – more... where they are. Many employees have been here since before this became a resort in 2004.

Much of management has also been here 10+ years. This place is like one large family and hence its a pleasant place to work. Management is considerate and fair.

The downside to this establishment is Union involvement (for me) but like all Unions, they are here to represent the people and ensure that the employers stay true. – less
Productive, fun, and cultural fun work environment.
Lead Cashier (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 11, 2014
Everyday i managed about 7-12 employees on grave shift in the cash cage. I've learned so much about managing employees, time management as well as how to communicate with our guest. I've learned a wide range of Casino Credit.
Ok Job.
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJuly 1, 2014
Cache Creek is very secure job if you going by there books, they very good benefits for the people the work there but get ready to don't have life it's only your job and that's it.
Busy, fast pace restaurant.
Waiter (Former Employee), Brooks, California, USAMay 7, 2014
Pros: great turnover on tables.
Cons: demanding guests who liked to yelled at you.
Within the Casino Resort there were numerous restaurants. I worked in the Chinese, or Oriental Restaurant called Kung Fu Fats at the time while i was there. It was definitely the busiest venue in the casino. It was great because there was never a dull moment and you were always running around, busy with lots of guests to serve, made the shift fly by.
Not fun place to work
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Brooks, CAApril 15, 2014
Poor management, too much horse play there. Food horrible, the only good thing was the pay and benefits. Service not good.
good working enviroment and friendly co-workers
Restaurant Busser (Former Employee), 14455 highway 16 BrooksDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits
It was always fun to work there.Very helpful and cooperative coworkers and managers.
Fun place, Diverse environment
Cage Cashier III (Former Employee), Brooks, CADecember 28, 2013
Count all funds in the main vault on a daily basis. What I like about this job was, by the time you know it, the day is over with.
A very good place to work
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee), Brooks, CADecember 24, 2013
Pros: stability
Cons: not much room for advancement
I have a great job. they offer great benefits and the job is stable
Excellant place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Brooks, CAAugust 9, 2013
It is a great place to work. Great benefits and wonderful management.
Customer Service
Bus Representative (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJune 30, 2013
This particular position helped sharpen my customer service skills, management was helpful and friendly, I enjoyed going to work here every night.
PBX Casino Style
Private Branch Exchange Operator (Former Employee), Brooks, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: fun, people oriented, free food.
Cons: working late hours, unpredictability.
As the PBX operator at an Indian tribal gaming casino, hotel and resort you are literally the ears and first point of contact. We offered 24-7 live service and calls ranged from wanting directions to booking – more... rooms or simply knowing what the high stakes poker was set at. The environment was all about the resort experience, whether on the casino floor or behind the scenes. I've learned anything can happen in a casino and you need to be ready for it at all times. Some challenges are sometimes because it was in a remote location, you'd have instances where the weather wouldn't permit traffic to go to or from the casino and we would need to cover the next shift until someone was able to come in. That would be hard, especially if you worked longer than 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was how the company treated you overall, having an amazing culinary staff for breakfast/lunch/dinner because the nearest town was at least a 35-40 minute drive. Sometimes they would throw contests for best employee of the month or had appreciation events for us. It was special. – less