CADENCE BANK Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 13, 2017
When I worked as switchboard operator was not a good position. Did not have anyone to relieve me regularly. Worked the position in hopes that I will eventually gain fulltime employment in other areas of the bank.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
no relief in this position
nice place to work
PERSONAL BANKER III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2017
Salary and bonus are good, Managment very professional
easy placed to work no stress the incentive were very good also health insurance very good the hours also very good
Great atmosphere. Healthy environment to grow and learn.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALApril 30, 2017
Working at Cadence Bank allowed me to learn multiple areas of banking. I learned customer service, how to work with computers, how to assist customers with any banking need (ex. withdraws, deposits, transfers and cashing checks.) The workplace culture was excellent. It was a healthy environment to communicate with your team members if you ever had a question or needed help. The hardest part of the job was taking in all of the new information in the beginning because I didn't have a banking experience prior to my job at Cadence. However, I picked it up quickly because I was eager to learn and had a great trainer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, my co-workers and the customers.
review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
Good culture for the most part but upper management not very good at communicating. benefits not very good also. Very cost conscious and making several cuts
Productive and great management team
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2016
Typical day begins with going over the pipeline for calls to be made, and assisting with customer service issues. Coworkers work in a team environment to make sure clients are serviced to the highest levels.
Some top-flight bankers, but it's a growth at all costs environment.
Vice President & Senior Credit Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
Good/great people in many areas, but hampered by a short term, growth at any cost business plan.

Company does not adequately acknowledge and address risk.
Pros
Nice workplace environment, good benefits.
Cons
Extreme risk profile, risky lending for a bank of its size.
A great company to work for I am currently employed there and hope to continue my career with Cadence Bank.
Deposit Operations/Cash Ordering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 18, 2016
I enjoy working for Cadence Bank, they are diverse and progressive in the banking industry. They are a growing company with many opportunities for growth within.
nice place to work and fulfilling
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MSFebruary 17, 2016
my job at Cadence was serving as teller; basically customer service. I also handled the oil and gas leases and payouts; helped my co-workers anyway that was needed.
Pros
was a good place to work
Great Company to work for
IT Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2016
I started out as a level 1 helpdesk tech at Cadence Bank and I have been fortunate enough to have been promoted twice within two years!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Company Politics
good work place
Vice President, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLNovember 27, 2015
No training or leadership for new employees. Low pay scale with no upward movement. Strong sale culture but no compensation.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay
Money management & Customer Service
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSSeptember 16, 2015
Working in the banking industry taught me alot about taking the time to get to know the customer and getting the customer comfortable with myself. On the busy days, it can be a little busy and little more enjoyable at times. Working as a team is very vital durning busy times in a work day.
Pros
Holidays off!!!!
Lockbox Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2015
A very fast place to work. Very fun and a very clean place to work. You will learn many new rolls. Will have a set time to work daily and off on the weekends.
Cadence Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, ALAugust 4, 2015
A typical day would be taking care of my customer's need's and helping my co-worker's if help is needed,we alway's worked together
You would learn everyone is different and you have to figure out what each customer's need's are with out a lot of question's.Management was ok changed several times,but i felt they did not treat everyone fairly.Love my co-worker's we all got alone great we were like family.The hardest part of the job was haveing to call on customer to try and get the to change thing's about there account.The most enjoyable part was seeing my customer's they would talk to you and tell thing's family probally didn't even know,
Pros
Good job learned a lot and i feel i have more confidance now.
Cons
Felt like we had to push to much on customer's
needs structure
Branch Manager- Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bristol, FLMay 3, 2015
small bank-merger with Superior Bank was a nightmare chaotic and unstructured, employees left with no help and unable to get assistance from back office with system changes and errors
Pros
pay was good for area
Cons
unorganized
Not A Professional Environment
Bank Teller/Coin Room Operator/Retail (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 20, 2015
I worked as a teller within the bank. The pay is decent for small town Mississippi. Most places in the area do not pay as much as bank in the area. In reality, there is no way possible to support a family and have a work/life balance with this pay rate. My coworkers were awful. They did not talk about work related conversations majority of the time. My coworkers all tried to indulge in my personal business. I did not like talking about my personal life to people that were not genuine friends. Advancements made within the company were not fair and mostly done on the "buddy-system". They try to overwork employees and the stress level is very high because I was working with money. Most of my coworkers were extremely lazy and managers were as well. This company is terrible.
Pros
not being unemployed
Cons
no breaks, just one lunch
Productive, Friendly work environment
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Cadence Bank. My manager was very helpful, I never hesitated to ask him a question regarding a work order that I may not have understood. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The work environment was great, everyone worked well together we were a cohesive team.
Pros
Quiet, comfortable wok environment
Cons
Temporary assignment
Production
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day of work with Cadence, would be balancing accounts, posting payments, contacting vendors when I can not match the payment. We have a great team that works very well together.
Pros
HELOC'S promotions
Cons
working on Sunday's
Productive and great place to work
Personal Trust Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
There are great employees that work at Cadence Bank and the opportunity for advance is great. The people there make a great team for all who is hired
Pros
Advancement and health insurance
Cons
Breaks
Most of the time productive but can be a difficult enviroment to work in.
Associate Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be repetitive. For the most part on every 3rd, 5th, and 15th the work flow is steady.
Pros
the job hours 8-4
Cons
It seems certain people can never advance.
Self Centered Company
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALOctober 1, 2014
I was hired as a Teller/FSR, I was employed 9 months and not once was I trained in the FSR position. Management only cared about themselves, the branches never worked as a team, it was always a childish argument over who got credit for accounts. Not a bank built on customer relationship AT ALL!
Cons
short staff and poor treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CADENCE BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9