CADENCE BANK

CADENCE BANK Employee Reviews

Not A Professional Environment
Bank Teller/Coin Room Operator/Retail (Former Employee), Columbus, MSFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: not being unemployed
Cons: no breaks, just one lunch
I worked as a teller within the bank. The pay is decent for small town Mississippi. Most places in the area do not pay as much as bank in the area. In reality, there is no way possible to support a family and have a work/life balance with this pay rate. My coworkers were awful. They did not talk about work related conversations majority of the time. My coworkers all tried to indulge in my personal business. I did not like talking about my personal life to people that were not genuine friends. Advancements made within the company were not fair and mostly done on the "buddy-system". They try to overwork employees and the stress level is very high because I was working with money. Most of my coworkers were extremely lazy and managers were as well. This company is terrible.
Productive, Friendly work environment
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: quiet, comfortable wok environment
Cons: temporary assignment
I really enjoyed working for Cadence Bank. My manager was very helpful, I never hesitated to ask him a question regarding a work order that I may not have understood. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The work environment was great, everyone worked well together we were a cohesive team.
Production
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: heloc's promotions
Cons: working on sunday's
A typical day of work with Cadence, would be balancing accounts, posting payments, contacting vendors when I can not match the payment. We have a great team that works very well together.
Productive and great place to work
Personal Trust Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: advancement and health insurance
Cons: breaks
There are great employees that work at Cadence Bank and the opportunity for advance is great. The people there make a great team for all who is hired
Most of the time productive but can be a difficult enviroment to work in.
Associate Teller (Former Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: the job hours 8-4
Cons: it seems certain people can never advance.
A typical day at work would be repetitive. For the most part on every 3rd, 5th, and 15th the work flow is steady.
Self Centered Company
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Albertville, ALOctober 1, 2014
Cons: short staff and poor treatment
I was hired as a Teller/FSR, I was employed 9 months and not once was I trained in the FSR position. Management only cared about themselves, the branches never worked as a team, it was always a childish argument over who got credit for accounts. Not a bank built on customer relationship AT ALL!
Great customers. Great employees.
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 17, 2014
During my many years on this job, I have had the opportunity to meet many people. I have also learned how to be patient and understanding of everyone. My customers really made my job worthwhile.
Busy and productive workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Oneonta, ALJuly 15, 2014
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: short breaks, vacation pay and excellent benefits.
Get your cash box out of vault and put in your teller drawer. Have teller meeting or sales meeting. Learn about new accounts and how they would benefit the customers. Management would discuss any changes that may have occurred or other important bank information. You learn a lot about your co-workers because your work stations are next to each other. You learn to work together as a team in order for the bank to operator smoothly. The hardest part of job was when you were out of balance with cash and you count over and over and read teller tapes until you find mistake and balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to customers and you get to know them well.
Ok place to work
Deposit Services Specialist (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJune 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.
Cons: attitudes, management, drama
Overall, no major complaints. I enjoyed my job and the work that I performed on a daily basis. My only complaint is that management does not always appreciate hard workers, great attendance, and punctuality; they seem to care more about "teacher's pets."
Productive and encouraging workplace.
Treasury Management-Senior Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 2, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely.
Cons: technology
Great people management. Great training. Great leaders. Management expects you to advance and will help any way possible! They are concerned about the employee's work/life balance. HR is more than willing to do their job. These are things I never experienced at other institutions.
Good local bank.
BRANCH MANAGER/ASST VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2014
Managed a location. Went through merger. Major attrition.
Loan Documentation
Commercial / Consumer Loan Documentation Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 14, 2013
I really liked working for this company. It was a place where you can learn and enjoy you job and co-workers.
Quiet, laid back environment
Date Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2013
My day at Cadence is pretty laid back, the managers and coworkers were cool. My hours were 7:30-4:00 which are the kind of hours I like to work.
Banking for Loan Operations.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2013
Pros: upper management
Cons: no cons
• Checks data from completed forms or other documents for accuracy and completeness and enters into database. Posted cash receipts and accepted payments on past due and current invoices
• Maintained bookkeeping records
• Systems used OnBase, Tempo, and Microsoft Office.
• Reviews audit reports and resolves errors to ensure integrity of data.
• Provides direction or assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork.
• Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from multiple systems when information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Enters data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information using an established procedure and through a detailed web based interface.
• Updated job knowledge by participating in educational and training opportunities.
Great productive job where customer service is key,
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Starkville, MSOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at work for me is doing customer deposits while promoting our other services. I've learned to converse with customers making them feel their deposits are in good hands, also about products such as CD's and Home Equity lines of credits. My co workers are hard workers and we tend to help each other out, because we all have knowledge to gain. The hardest part of the job is communicating services through the drive up, ex. opening accounts, loan offers. The best part of the job is simply helping out customers.
Needs Structure
Operations (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2013
Cons: lack of business direction and lack of true leadership.
I found this company lacked cohesiveness needed to run an efficient operation.

The typical day consisted of staff calling various departments to get answers; there was not much clear direction or planning; which hindered productivity.
I would not recommend this company.
Good Place
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2013
Cadence is a good company to work for.
They are very good with customer service.
Multi tasking is a must
Senior Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Blairsville, GAJune 11, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is customer interaction.
Stress Level Extreme
Head Teller (Former Employee), West Point, MSMay 11, 2013
Pros: any time my family needed me i was allowed to be off.
Cons: years of experience and service mean nothing
10 1/2 years of dedicated service. No advancement with no potential to advance. Dedicated coworkers. Shorthandedness is prominent.
Great co-workers, lots of change, high stress, cut-backs, unstable
Management (Current Employee), Madison County, ALFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short handed and corporate still making cuts
Trying to balance operations, managing staff, production, etc. with a short staff and budget cuts.

Co-workers are the best part of the day.

Too many new products procedures thrown at staff daily by corporate and department heads. Corporate is unaware of branch situation. Ver stressful environment

About CADENCE BANK

Cadence Bank, N.A., headquartered in Birmingham, AL, is a $6.4 billion bank with more than 100 locations in Alabama, Florida, – Read more

CADENCE BANK Salaries