Cadence Design Systems Employee Reviews

Great place to work with customers
Technical Marketing Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2017
Great place to learn how to interface with customers of Cadence software. Can work at an applications engineer or in marketing. They keep buy smaller companies and have great management.
Challenging and innovative place to work
Sr. Sales Technical Leader/ Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2017
This challenging, competitive place to work is very rewarding as the team solve interesting problems of the semiconductor industry everyday with embedded software/IP solutions to engineer's most vexing problems. Their algorithmic solutions allows semiconductor companies setup useful design and verification test benches their best portfolio based on their core competencies.

Although the environment can be high-stress; it's also well balanced. The high-stress does not come from the leader, but from self-motivated employee who want to excel in their respective disciplines. Sort of a work hard/play hard mentality.
Pros
Always surrounded with superintelligent, well-rounded team members who are not-so arrogant.
Cons
None.
favorite manager ever!
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 11, 2017
they gave me a shot when I was new in my career - great culture, good coaching and collaboration! challenging atmosphere but worth the overtime. I loved my experience there.
Pretty good employer
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2017
This is a good place to work if you live in San Jose or one of its other main centers. It doesn't offer as much opportunity for remote employees. Nice compensation and benefits.
Pros
Good pay
N/a
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95134August 30, 2017
Cadence was great because it had the big company feel on a small campus.

For the most part, it was a good experience. However the management wasn't good in my department.
Poor Management
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2017
Highly political environment. Incompetent management in some departments, such as IT. Org structure causes confusion. Not an innovator, just pushing ideas that are unlikely to succeed
Pros
Cafeteria, Compensation
Cons
Rampant politics encouraged by management
Very political company
Executive Assistant to VP & Treasurer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here until my manager left. Little training when I started. Management is highly political and the work culture was not the best. The hardest part of this job was not every feeling 100% comfortable in it and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Upper Management
Excellent team work
Front and Back End Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
It was excellent learning internal tools and teach customers with know how. Additional after hours for team building helps and ease the stresses. Best team building company
Pros
Free dinner.
Cons
Short term breaks.
Great experience
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
Great company to work for. They really treated their employees with great respect. The opportunities were great, and they always encouraged growth and teamwork.
Pros
Worked in a great environment
Cons
The new model they were creating didn't work out
Nice Company to work with very learned people
Computer Vision Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 30, 2017
Learned People with slightly old guard so bonding is less strong. Company values people are a lot. They don't pay that high, but work you find is normally interesting and new.
Pros
Nice and learned people
Cons
People don't value young people that much
A cut throat company
Director-Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2017
Cadence is not a company for those who want an orderly work life. It is chaotic and hirings and firings occur routinely. The management is not good and Cadence has declined in importance over the years. A very raw experience. I eventually left when the manager who hired me left the company.

I have no experience in this industry.
Pros
High Salaries
Cons
Terrible workplace culture
Wish it could have lasted
Lead Materials Spec Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 25, 2017
Great experience. Worked from home using a VPN. Excellent benefits and pay. Top-Rate Managers. Company provided many learning and training opportunities. Unfortunately, the group I worked in was disbanded and we were no longer needed.
Great Work Life Balance
Lead Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
Enjoyed working at Cadence due to the great work life balance culture. Opportunity for technical growth. Excellent management. Very helpful technical team.
Cadence is leading the charge to solve some of technology’s toughest challenges. We work with the world’s most innovative companies, across a growing
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2017
Each day with Cadence offers exciting opportunities to create a better, more connected world.

Cadence design tools enable customers to innovate in life-changing ways – from increasing the safety of self-driving cars to advancing and accelerating DNA analysis – our work is helping shape the future of technology.
My time as an intern
Finance/Accounting Internship (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2017
While working at Cadence I was given various roles and tasks. At times the tasks felt overwhelming, but I am sure everyone feels that way work at times. Luckily, I was able to have a great manager who was always interested in my questions and gave me positive feedback.
Calm, fun place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2017
Cadence was a great company and I had a wonderful time working there. Company standards create a very professional environment and employees conducted themselves in the same manner.
Pros
Gym.
Cons
Short breaks, As security, Any of us could not leave for lunch.
It is good workplace with quiet and friendly environment
Web/UI Designer & Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2017
- Excellent Infrastructure and Work Facility
- Co-operative, Friendly, Professional Staff
- Perfect Management
- Equipped with Modern Technology and Trends
Pros
Coffee & Vending Place
Cons
Short Breaks
Enjoyable work culture
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2017
Enjoy working here. Excellent managers and very laid back as long as you are getting your work done. There are beer at some company events and the food is excellent. Cafeteria has decent priced food.
Had challenges and opportunities, trick was to identify them
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2017
Like most well-established legacy software companies, Cadence was a hodgepodge of well-established, incredibly effective processes with a diverse set of different viewpoints and recently acquired companies and processes. Navigating between what would survive long enough to get good was tricky.
Great Place
PC Asset Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 19, 2017
Excellent place. Coworkers were generous, intelligent, and went above and beyond in their approach to be thoughtful and empathetic towards the day's problems by prioritizing a tight, team effort.