Cadence Health Employee Reviews in United States

Procurement Coordinator
Procurement Coordinator, IT Solution Value Office (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2016
- Facilitated legal review for hundreds of IT product and services
- Contracts and subsequent invoice and payment approvals
- Maintained dashboard for IT contracts
- Assisted in negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Reviewed end to end process flows and made improvements
Enjoyable place to work with happy employees
Respiratory Care Practitioner Level IV (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day kept me busy throughout my shift, if I got a break in my assignment I would assist other therapists if needed. I was a valued member of my team, peer reviews were always stellar. Management is fair and approachable, rules are spelled out. I really enjoyed and got along well with my coworkers. Most difficult part of my job is seeing patients and their families trying, suffering, and losing their battle, whatever it is. The people are the part of my job I enjoyed most. It didn't matter if they were the patient, their family, or my fellow staff members. I love and miss them all dearly.
Pros
Yearly bonus for reaching set goals
Cons
12 hr shifts
Great coworker relationships. Poor upper management.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILDecember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the Cancer Center. I though coworker relationships were all really great. Management could be better.
phelbotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 27, 2015
Cadence is a fun and exciting place to work. They are just like family. I am glad I chose to change my profession and lean toward the health care field.
A growing place to work
Painter (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work was well productive and positive.
I learned that a hospital is not just Drs and nurses. It takes so many teams to make a hospital run smoothly. From the call center down to the facility's teams. So many people all working at one common goal to make the hospital excellent. I enjoyed seeing the different people at work every day thousands of people to run one hospital. What I didn't like? I have to say seeing upset loved ones when working in ICU or ER. That took time getting use to.
Pros
set sceduel
Cons
having to use PTO for holiday pay
a very nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILSeptember 28, 2015
I complied with HIPPA
I would draw labs ordered by physician
Retrieved patient information.
The hardest part of my job was learning the physician.
The patient were the most enjoyable part of my day.
Great work environment,cooperative team members.
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winifield ILAugust 19, 2015
Hard working team who delivers the best food to patients in the hospital.Great facility AND HOSPITAL WAS VERY CLEAN.Co-workers very helpful and considerate of each other.
Cons
short lunch break
An enjoyable place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 15, 2015
Excellent place to work always enjoyed coming to work. Cadence applied a very positive place to work.I was always learning somthing new there was a computer program called health stream offering questions to always learning something new.Might it be patient related or safety concerns. Management carried themselves in a positive manner always willing to help. Co- Workers were always willing to help other co workers.the hardest part of my job was when the patients finished with their therapy and had to leave Saying good bye is always hard.I fell that the whole work experience was wonderful.
Pros
positive enviroment
Cons
patients leaving after therapy was finished
The office is great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 14, 2015
I worked as a medical assistant in a busy family practice office and as a PCT in the hospital. Both places we great to work at, it was just difficult to balance work-life-school. They have great benefits and if land the right office or unit it will be the best place to work
Pros
Great staff
Cons
work-life balance is difficult
Was Solid and Going Places - Change in Leadership Took that Away
Director of Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 6, 2015
Came here because this system was doing great work in healthcare and passionate about quality and patient safety.

New leadership wasn't capable of continuing this trend and they were soon acquired.

Too soon to tell if the merged system will improve this outcome. They want to shift to becoming academic instead of community.
Always growing and changing company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 17, 2015
Typical day at work consists of answering phones, checking patients in, scheduling appointments, and various other office duties. The job is easy and there's room for growth, but knowing people helps. I was a float PSR and worked in 30 different offices and got to meet a ton of people. It's a great company, but my own management was controlling and very black and white, with little room for flexibility. Thats hard to work under. Not everyone has that experience, there are so many offices and depts. I'd recommend this company! I learned so much about healthcare and insurance and am thankful for the 3 years I was there.
Pros
Good insurance, many opportunities within the company
Cons
Poor raises, office politics, lot of sitting
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Awesome place to work! There are lots of people, there is lots to learn, there is lots of gossip! Thats everywhere, I guess....
PSR Review
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 4, 2015
As a Patient Service Representative II, I am responsible for making patients feel safe and comfortable as they wait to see their medical provider. I communicate with pateints, physicians, and staff to ensure smooth delivery of care. My daily functions include, scheduling patient appointments, updating demographic and insurance information in Epic, and deliver excellent customer service.
Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 19, 2014
Working for Rush was an experience that I will never forget. I learned so much from this company.
good learning and working experience.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILNovember 13, 2014
From the managers, nurses, co-workers i can not ask for more. It was an excellent working environment.
n/n
PFS - Billing/Collection - Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILNovember 6, 2014
I am working 7-3:30 Monday to Friday
I team are awesome
working good
looking for part time job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
great work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 20, 2014
Great work environment. I learned a lot of new things. I really miss my co-workers we where a great team.
Days at work
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Overall, I learned quite a bit in my seven years here at Cadence Health. A typical day at work was spent with hard work and hopefully with the help of coworkers. I learned many skills while there such as ADL's, staffing office coordination, and unit secretary work. Management has changed quite a bit over the seven years, and it was OK. My coworkers were mainly pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of my job was floating to numerous units and having respect anywhere that you went. The most enjoyable part of my job was being with and assisting my patients with their care.
Okay place to work
Employee Resource Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILJune 10, 2014
I can't speak for all positions but I will say my supervisor is incredibly supportive and flexible. The pay is on the lower end of industry standard but it is still okay. Not many perks but the general benefits are good.
Centralized Scheduling
Centralized Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 25, 2014
Fast paced environment, order entry data, provide out-patient patients with timely and accurate pre-registrations, registrations, order management, charge capture, and medical information systems. Collects, analyzes and records demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data from multiple sources and obtains other information necessary for the above processes. Screens for third-party eligibility and enters medical necessity coding to ensure accurate payment is secured. Interact with patients and enjoy working with a customer-focused manner to ensure the needs of patients and their families are met.

4.2