Cadillac Products Automotive Company, a Tier I Supplier in the automotive industry, has an opening for an experienced Quality Engineer. As part of our Quality department, you will participate in meeting the customer deliverables as to specific requirements of the OEM’s and new domestics as well as working closely with the manufacturing floor.
- Active involvement in the APQP Process, from award of business thru launch
- Write, Review, and update key documents in the Quality system
- Actively participate and lead internal and external problem solving efforts
- Prepare documents and perform dimensional part analysis as required
- Champion the design of gages and other measurement tools
- Maintain the Gage Calibration system for the plant
- Lead statistical studies, analyze data, and issue report findings
- Work with supplier base, current and new
- Support the manufacturing floor and other departments
The ideal candidate must have:
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years’ related automotive experience using quality problem-solving techniques.
Knowledge and experience applying Measurement System Analysis (MSA), gauge usage and selection, gauge R&R, gauge calibration, measuring uncertainty.
Fluent in reading technical documents and specifications including GD&T and first angle projection (ISO standard).
Experience with performance of process capability studies, machine capability studies, machine qualification process, statistical analysis and reporting.
Experience with quality methodologies and problem solving tools — Six Sigma, 8D Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why, FMEA, Lean Manufacturing, Poke Yoke, etc.
Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), design review, critical to quality characteristics, quality planning, new part approval process (PPAP), product launch/verification/testing.
Knowledge of TS 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and related auditing practices.
Computer Proficient - must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Minitab.
Frequent local travel. Some overnight travel may be required.
Possess the ability to work within a team as well as independently.
CQE Certification preferred.
Automotive Supplier of functional plastic products.