Cady Studios Employee Reviews in United States

Cool place to work, but also hectic and unorganized
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2016
I was a customer experience representative for one summer. There wasn't really formal training, you just pretty much watch someone else the first couple days and then they expect you to get it and pick stuff up along the way, which was a little overwhelming. The job itself wasn't hard, just checking people in and out and getting them dressed, but we were often understaffed and under prepared so customers would get understandably upset because their pictures took a long time. Management was unorganized at first, but it improved some as the season went on. If you are interested in photography, you get to pick up on some stuff even you you are a CER which was a bonus for me. It was a cool job, but it was more stressful than it should've been.
Pros
cool environment, can get photography experience
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, unorganized
Fun workplace; immature coworkers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Working here was so fun and I would definitely do it again! The only thing I didn't like was that some of the co-workers were snarly and mean just because you were new. They always carried themselves in an "I'm better than you" way. Other than that I loved it.
Pros
Travel, making new friends
Cons
Co-workers were sometimes mean
Interesing entry level photography job, loosely managed
LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
Long hours during senior seasons, shooting senior photography. other shoots include athletic photography, group, and teams. Seasonal, hours drop in winter.
Pros
learn photography, freedom to work
Cons
poor management, no benefits, low pay versus local living wage
Great Company with convenient schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2015
Every day I worked in customer service. I helped approximately 80 clients in studio for a normal day of shooting, and during sales I did 5 presentations a day that lasted 2 ours a piece. I also traveled for the job to Orlando to go to the school there and do onsite photo shoots. I worked in the Customer service end of that as well as learned how to shoot. I learned how to make large deposits, how to work with spreadsheets on formulating payroll projections, make a schedule, make documents and processes for tracking mileage, and other stuff along side our studio manager. I loved working with the people there because they are all generally welcoming and family like. My studio manager was a great role model, and taught me many of things outside of my job description. The hardest part of the job was dealing with getting yelled at by parents about pricing, but the most enjoyable part was being able to do what I could to improve their experiences.
Pros
Seasonal parties, free time, donuts for meetings
Cons
Short breaks for lunch (unscheduled), long days sometimes (20 hour days)
Ok place to work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 5, 2015
The studio has and is being ran by young teenagers. This is not a place for, but should be, mature employees. Hours are very limited and it is a seasonal position.
Loved this job
Elite Photo Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 15, 2015
No complaints, always fun, good pay, good break time, relaxed atmosphere. Allowed us to be creative and encouraged teamwork.
Hired high schooler and expected them to act professional
photographer (Former Employee) –  AcworthSeptember 12, 2014
I thought I was walking into a professional gig. Boy was I wrong!! I walked in a studio with a bunch of teenie boppers who were too busy screwing around to do their job. I worked my butt off and then I was told I was working too slowly. The management there sucks. They are out for themselves and no one else. They pay you next to nothing but expect everything. If they do not change their ways they are going to get a bad rap by the customers who have to wait forever for their photographers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Place to build a Career!!
Seniors Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 27, 2014
- A typical day at work is busy but productive during the heat of the season
- In my 3 years here I have gained a strong foundation of managerial skills that I can use anywhere.
- The hardest part of my job is the stress level, with the demand to get product to the customer it can be a lot to deal with. But with a seasonal company it only last for a few months of the year.
- This company is a great company. In my three years I have seen it bloom into an amazing place to work. I love what I do here, it allows me to lead a team, and to be creative while compensating me well.
- Great company culture.
High paced workplace, having recently been opened.
Lead Photographer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 3, 2014
Everyday was an exciting challenge. I learned alot about working with a team and tending to a customers needs. Winding down at theend of a shift or work day was difficult, having been so amped up. But, working with such passionate people made it worth wild.
Pros
team, equipment, pay rate
Cons
was not paid on time
Growing company with great management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lake cityAugust 30, 2014
Cady Studios is like family. They work hard and reward hard work. They are open to ideas and have a clear future for growth. Everyone there has job security with a company that will look out for their employees
Pros
long term job security
Cons
seasonal but willing to hire each year
Amazing team, fun environment, and fast paced.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 31, 2014
Every day I get to wake up and go to work with some of the best people I know. We all work hard and sometimes during peak season the pace is hectic, but the work environment and culture of the company is very positive. It's a great team!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 15, 2013
I enjoyed my time working here. The job is not to challenging and it is fun at the same time. It is quite easy and they pay great. I was a hostess so all i had to do was direct people where to go and help them with their attire.
Pros
discount on photos, good pay, fun job
Cons
no breaks, seasonal
Fast-paced exciting studio
Customer Service Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 2, 2013
A typical day at work consists of tons of students and parents, a strong team and an amazing personal work ethic to service every customer pleasantly and efficiently.
call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lake City, flJuly 6, 2014
I loved this job. I was able to talk to customers and make sure they were happy with everything they needed. The co-workers were like family.
Pros
we all got along
Awesome!!!
Customer Experienced Representative (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 18, 2014
Cady's Studio is a awesome place to work, also to gain experience
Pros
wonderful enviroment
Cons
seasonal
Bad management
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Horrible work environment, would not recommend anyone to work here. Management is unorganized and cruel.
A puppy mill of photo editing
Senior (12th graders) Retouching Manager/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLSeptember 13, 2014
With an incredible end product, Cady has incredible potential.
Cady was a room full of enthusiastic young people that were willing to do their jobs passionately and with a constant party like atmosphere brought on and held onto by the middle management. We learned a lot in a very short amount of time. If you like working with a deadline, this was a great job.

Sadly, Cady doesn't keep the bulk of it's staff on payroll during the year so each "season" has new employee's with no prior experience. They call it "seasonal", but even most of the senior staff has been there for years on end- with no benefits. Many of the employees are laid off with no notice, just a "quick meeting in the conference room" and they're out the door with no notice to the management or team leaders- just a dip in the payroll and staffing. Payment is 1/3 of the industry standard and NO job security.
Pros
a very youth oriented culture, it's a lot of fun to be involved in, some great take home skills for amazing photo edits
Cons
severely outdated computer hardware, broken systems in it, a very real and constant threat of loosing your job without fault or blame or even explanation, unrealistic expectations from management, cult-like church run business
Overworked and Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 17, 2015
At first I loved it because my coworkers and I got along really well, but after being there for almost 2 years (and most of my original coworkers leaving) I got sick of the unreal expectations from upper management.

You were expected to work way too much overtime. Litterally every week. I remember one week I worked 65 hours.

There were so many days we didn't even get our full lunch break, only 15 min. They did pay for lunch as compansation, but after a while it wasn't worth it.

So many times you were told to tell customers something one day then something different the next.

Other departments didn't communicate well, so you found out things like " there's a 50% off sale," "there's a parade blocking your studio parking," and "my school has a special package" from your customers. Yep, don't you feel stupid.

Systems kept acting up, and the Tech dept. was so behind it took weeks/sometimes months to get problems fixed/corrected.

Also, there's no set training and there is a lot of information you need to know that you pretty much have to pick up on....and training is usually only 1 week of sitting with another agent. (Which is an unreal expectation, with the amount of info you need to know about the multiple systems Cady studios uses and multiple product lines they offer)

I will say this, they did improve on some of these issues throughout the time that I was there, but no where near where you would expect a professional corporate office to be.

*** Keep in mind this review is for the Corporate office not studio, not sure if it's any better there.

*** I
  more... am so much happier with my life than I was back then.  less
Pros
The people I worked with had great personalities.
Cons
Way too much overtime, only had 15 minute lunch breaks some days, upper management (the executives) had unrealistic expectations from their employees, systems kept acting up, there was no set training in place, and departments don't communicate well.