Cady Studios Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2017
Very relaxed working environment. All of the employees are friendly people who work as a team on a consistent basis. It can get quick-paced, but a relatively balanced job.
Not a professional company
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 12, 2017
During season the hours are very long. The work is mind numbing and the pay starts low and never moves even if you do a good job and work hard they will say so but never give you a raise unless you ask for it multiple times. Even so it will be delayed. There is absolutely no advancement in this job. I learned mostly about how to grow a thicker skin when it comes to irate customers and unprofessional management that are often inappropriate with employees. You will regret the wasted time at this company if you truly care about your work and want to be a successful photographer. This job could be very fulfilling and fun, unfortunately, the people employed treat the photographers as dispensable and idiotic. Managers on the photographer side as well as most of the customer service managers/ reps are condescending and generally do not care about the people they work 60 hours a week. If you have other options. WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Pros
make your own hours/schedule usually if you are a good employee
Cons
No breaks, low pay, unprofessional management, forced to use your personal car everywhere 1-2+ hours away with no compensation, no benefits whatsoever
You don't want to work here-ever
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 10, 2017
This company is the worst I have ever worked for. They will use you in every way they can, and then dispose of you for no reason other than someone was in a bad mood that day. The directors and other executives only care about the money they are making. Management only cares about the power trip they've been given. No matter how hard you work, it will get you nowhere with this company. Trust me, you are better off working at McDonald's or Wal-Mart.
Pros
There are NO pros
Cons
NO Job Security, Terrible Management, Poor Pay, Unrealistic Expectations
Enjoyable workplace with helpful mentors
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
CadyStudios is definitely a fun place to work where you are learning something new everyday. Your coworkers and managers become life long friends. If you ever need help or struggling with a certain thing, there's help all around you. The hardest part to grasp is our set up of schools and confusing the colors with others. A typical day in the studio is all smiles, play "play dress up" with the seniors, and keeping a overall positive energy in the workplace.
Fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 8, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Cady Studios, their employees are nice and the management helps you work around your home life. It's okay if you take long lunches as long as you stay late to make up the extra time you missed, and it's okay to skip lunch and head home an hour early. During busy season you will get more than enough hours, but when busy season is over you're lucky to get any at all. After busy season they lay off a lot of employees. There's a lot of room for growth if you're a good hard worker, and everybody working there is more than happy to help you with any questions you have.
Pros
Friendly management, flexible hours, room for growth, overall fun work environment
Cons
Low pay, off season
Productive and fun place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2016
Good people to work with
a lot of standing up
learning about about photography
meeting different kinds of people like their personalities and culture
trying to figure out what kind of pose to use for the models
Very fun energetic work environment!
Great customer service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2016
Working at Cady Studios honestly improved my customer service skills so much, and everybody worked as a team. If there was a problem that needed to be solved you had you're team and managers there to help you. The hardest part of the job i would have to say was the Road Shoots, you would have to be at the studio to pack everything up for photo shoots at 2-3 in the morning but we had coffee at the studio to keep us going. I really enjoyed working for this company everything about it was fun!
"Great for College Kids, Bad for Professionals"
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 29, 2016
Cady Studios is a great place to work if you are in college. They truly train you on how to become a real photographer. You learn customer service skills, you build up your portfolio, and you take professional photos every day at work.

f you are not in college and you don't have another source of income, Cady is a challenging place to work. The PAY is VERY LOW. It is difficult to survive off the money you make there. Furthermore, during the busy season you are overworked. That means working minimum to 40,50,60 hour weeks with NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

The management is young and inexperienced, and often have inappropriate relationships and friendships with the photographers. Employees are often treated rudely. Strangely on the flipped there is a very little consequences to when employees do act badly. There are lot of threats, but I have seen employees leave the studio floor to "hang out" and nothing happened. Though one might consider that a pro, when you are working extra hours all the time with NO RAISES or rewards it can be a bit draining.

Overall, if you are working professional, try to only stay for Cady for as limited time as possible. Build you skills, but KEEP APPLYING for jobs. There is a reason why professional photographers make hundreds of dollars a day. Be also award of this while YOU make $9.25 per hour, CADY is making THOUSANDS of your intellectual property.
Pros
Photography Training
Cons
No benefits, poor pay, bad management.
one of my first jobs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2016
my first part time job, very nice people to work with., however there was a lot of change over in management while I was there. I worked customer service , answering phones, taking payments from customers. helping the seniors put on their cap and gowns, making sure that the line flowed as it should.
Pros
great experience
Cons
management changes often
Could be a much better place to work....
Photographer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 1, 2016
Run by kids on a leadership high, no benefits, low insulting pay, expected to do everything at the drop of a hat, and some of the employees think their poo doesn't stink... Thought I would be working for a 'good' professional studio/company...how wrong I was. Didn't stay long at all...a couple of weeks. Stay away from them. I would rather starve than work there again...
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very low pay, no benifites, longggg days, rude staff..
Great work environment, fairly unorganized and unfair management.
Retoucher (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 3, 2016
Cady Studios offers many different types of positions within the corporate office, and has a very Silicon Valley style vibe to it. Starbucks coffee machines, pool table, ping-pong table, with a community Spotify playlist that will play through out the day. Your coworkers are what makes this job great. Everyone is very friendly and open to making new friends. The job itself has a very low skill floor, but a very high skill ceiling, allowing you ample opportunity to advance.

The challenges lie within the management. Leadership seems very disorganized and nobody seems to quite understand what exactly is happening in their own department. There are three different managers you will deal with typically, all if which have their pros and cons. As of recently management positions and responsibilities have changed and things have improved. As I said earlier, there is plenty of room to advance, and they will advertise this. Don't expect any meaningful advancement though. After several years of employment I received multiple promotions with increased responsibility yet only one pay increase which I had to request. During my time I was considered seasonal so I received no benefits of any kind. It seems that they will pick and choose who they will consider full time with no reasonable requirements (some people within the same department with the same job will receive benefits while others will not). It seemed to be dependent on your personal relationship with management.
Pros
Fantastic work environment
Cons
Company seems disorganized and disconnected as a whole
Fun work place
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
Fun work place with an awesome team. Awesome work relationship with my supervisor. Clients count was numerous on the schedule.
Pros
traveling
Cons
adjustable schedule
Wonderful Company Wonderful Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 8, 2016
I hope to be with this company for a very long time. First off, they are the best at what they do and are hands down leaving the competition in their rear view mirror. The management team cares about their employees and makes it known they want everyone to be in the best position possible to succeed. Everyone here has an open door policy and the moral and company culture is very positive. Its hard, fast-paced work, but extremely rewarding and there is never a dull moment. Excited to see where this company will be 10 years from now and hope i'm still a part of it.
Amazing company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Cady Studios is the fastest growing photography company in the industry for many reasons. At Cady, you are valued. Cady is a fast-paced, ever-changing and rapidly growing company, but the core of all of it all, are awesome people. Every department works extremely hard to be the best, and every department understands the team and family unit it takes to be the best for our clients. The best thing about working for Cady, is that you have a voice. They encourage you to have new ideas, to let someone know if there is a better way, and to be able to make a difference.
Also, everyone loves to have fun. The closeness of the employees makes work fun...it is a family.
Pros
Fast-paced, fun, easy to work for
Cons
have to be able to go with the flow- changes happen frequently (in a good way)
I love my job!!
Retoucher (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 29, 2016
I love working at Cady Studios, Everyone is friendly. Everyone is very uplifting and positive. I learn something new everyday and have since I started here. I always look forward to coming to work and being with my Cady family.
Photography Retoucher
Retoucher (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 18, 2016
Nice place to work, everyone was friendly!

But it's as far as pay and advancement goes, it sucks! All the people who run it are part of the same church that owns companies all over town and if you're not one of them, good luck moving up the ladder.
Cool place to work, but also hectic and unorganized
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2016
I was a customer experience representative for one summer. There wasn't really formal training, you just pretty much watch someone else the first couple days and then they expect you to get it and pick stuff up along the way, which was a little overwhelming. The job itself wasn't hard, just checking people in and out and getting them dressed, but we were often understaffed and under prepared so customers would get understandably upset because their pictures took a long time. Management was unorganized at first, but it improved some as the season went on. If you are interested in photography, you get to pick up on some stuff even you you are a CER which was a bonus for me. It was a cool job, but it was more stressful than it should've been.
Pros
cool environment, can get photography experience
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, unorganized
Fun workplace; immature coworkers
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Working here was so fun and I would definitely do it again! The only thing I didn't like was that some of the co-workers were snarly and mean just because you were new. They always carried themselves in an "I'm better than you" way. Other than that I loved it.
Pros
Travel, making new friends
Cons
Co-workers were sometimes mean
Great Company with convenient schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2015
Every day I worked in customer service. I helped approximately 80 clients in studio for a normal day of shooting, and during sales I did 5 presentations a day that lasted 2 ours a piece. I also traveled for the job to Orlando to go to the school there and do onsite photo shoots. I worked in the Customer service end of that as well as learned how to shoot. I learned how to make large deposits, how to work with spreadsheets on formulating payroll projections, make a schedule, make documents and processes for tracking mileage, and other stuff along side our studio manager. I loved working with the people there because they are all generally welcoming and family like. My studio manager was a great role model, and taught me many of things outside of my job description. The hardest part of the job was dealing with getting yelled at by parents about pricing, but the most enjoyable part was being able to do what I could to improve their experiences.
Pros
Seasonal parties, free time, donuts for meetings
Cons
Short breaks for lunch (unscheduled), long days sometimes (20 hour days)
Loved this job
Elite Photo Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 15, 2015
No complaints, always fun, good pay, good break time, relaxed atmosphere. Allowed us to be creative and encouraged teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cady Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval