CAE INC. Employee Reviews

Part time instructor
Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work. Keeps me current on several models of Learjet. I also get to interact with customers who are actively flying the aircraft on an everyday basis.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2017
Great Place to work. Management not in touch with actual work product and too much on budgets and non added value agendas. The people are great and I truly miss the job itself.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The upper management
Not a fun place to wrok
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2017
You sit in a warehouse surrounded by 300 cubicles. No windows in the building. Work is very monotonous, pretty mch doing the same thing everyday and on every project.
Highly Competitive Brokerage Desk in an unregulated market.
Capital Asset Trader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
A typical day at work was from 9am to 9pm, and involved dealing with a broad client base, consisting of varying professions and skill sets. One hour you could be talking to engineers at laboratory in Europe, and the next you could be dealing a used machine broker in Taiwan. I learned a lot about international shipments, engineering of highly complex machines that make semi-conductors, and Asian business culture.

The workplace culture was focused and intense most of the time, with brief moments of fun or rowdiness. The work force was entirely males between ages of 25-45.

The hardest part of the job: loosing a deal to internal competition. As a junior trader, you are treated in a drastically different manner than the people who have been there a few year.

The most enjoyable part was cash bonus.
Pros
compensation, health benefits and gym membership
Cons
management
Any
Tactical Medicine Instructor (Former Employee) –  SAUDI ARABIAMay 6, 2017
The company is ok. Lack of leadership , and gave very little importance to their employees. No support shown from upper management while deployed in a foreign country
Good place to work in Altus
KC-135 Simulator Pilot Instructor (Current Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKFebruary 28, 2017
Been there almost 3 years.

Great making a difference and having influence on the next generation of Air Force pilots.

Scheduling can get a bit crazy, but overall, not bad.
Pros
Great working with America's best and brightest
Cons
Weekend overtime can get old.
Worst job I have ever had
Multimeter Designer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJanuary 18, 2017
This was the most frustrating, degrading, and humiliating design position i have ever held. The middle management was belittling in the guise of friendliness and completely condescending. The lower management felt they needed to destroy those below them so that they looked good. I would rather be homeless than ever work here again.
An exceptional professional enviornment
Courseware Developer (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 4, 2016
CAE holds only the highest standards, and was exceptional to work for. Their benefits packages is among the best I've ever seen, and when I had a personal tragedy to cope with, the company was very understanding in what I needed to do and where I needed to go.
Pros
Great benefits, good hours, exceptional staff.
Be prepared to do combat with management.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKSeptember 19, 2016
Since it has gone union the management is not worker friendly. Most workers fear they may loose their jobs. Its sad but it was a better place when the first contractor had the rains. I would not recommend working for this CAE at all at this location. Mostly want part timers so not to pay benefits.
Great pay but the work pressure is not worth it.
Pros
Excellent experienced workers and the mission is great.
Cons
Can not trust management
Work here if you have no life, or plan on having no life.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I took the job here, because I needed to relocate to the mainland US. The recruiter made lots of promises about growth and learning opportunities, and about their style of management. Sadly this wasn't true.

This company is very old school with little to no work/life balance.
Pros
Casual workplace, very good healthcare coverage (through PPO), fun holiday party, good PTO policy if you're sick, management is quick to react (unlike larger companies)
Cons
Mediocre salary, very old school mentality, closed minded, pro-veteran to a fault (they will promote a less qualified employee if he's a veteran, and are more willing to overlook negative incidents when the employee is a veteran), every piece of work must be approved by committee. Also, 6 month probationary period?!?! My previous employer - a competitor - had no probationary period, and I only know of one employee ever terminated from there in five years.
Work Environment
Flight Simulator Technician I (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJuly 9, 2015
The military experience contribute in the development of creating leadership, builds life long skill enabling further progression with in or moving forward toward civilian career.Education provided allow many opportunities toward any one with initiative.
Pros
Career Orientated progression
Cons
N/a
Good Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Great benefits and work/life balance. Can be busy at times, but also can be very slow too. Co-workers are good and most managers are pretty good.
Excellent Facility
Cessna Citation Sovereign Instructor Pilot (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Very good place to work. Very accommodating to my work preferences as an "On Call" Instructor
Pros
Very Flexible.
Cons
Not a lot of work available for part timers
Flight Simulator Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
Relaxed atmosphere, limited only by what you chose to limit yourself to learning or doing. The pay and benefits could be better.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
benefits/pay
Ok
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2014
Flight simulation company based in Canada. In business since 1947 with traditional civilian airline base.
Pros
Flex hours.
Cons
Long term vision.
Job is not what was portrayed
Training department (Former Employee) –  DFWSeptember 30, 2014
No reward for working extra
No co sideration of family life
No consideration for getting enough sleep
Considerably under paid for the position
Work attire is hideous
Managers under so much pressure they take it out on you

Not a great long term place to work unless you have nothing else to do outside work in life
Pros
Its a job with reasonable benefits
Cons
Listed above
Relaxed and easy going
Simulator Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Had a great run at CAE. We had a small close team with a great work environment, the best I've been around in my professional career.
The company is ok
executive -Retention, Comcast (Current Employee) –  location is okAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work is logging on the system talking to customer's and selling them products that the company has to offer. What I've learned is that customer service is great! Management can be difficult at times and each manager is different. co workers are great, we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is keeping the customer's from canceling there account and making sure there account is correct and keeping the customer happy. the most enjoyable part is helping someone and at the end of the call, someone saying , you were the best!
Pros
customers
Cons
some of the calls
Enjoyed working for this company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FLJuly 1, 2014
Learned all about Simulation Medical System
Great co-workers
The hardest part was not having replacement parts for equipment.
Pros
Every other off fridays
Cons
BOMs not orginized & shortage of parts
Work you into the ground - no concern for the employees, bad management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlMarch 26, 2014
Poor contractor for government services due to lack of overseeing of the local management. Could be a better company if they not promote bad decisions. Inability to produce the requirements of the contract.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
Unreasonable deadlines, unorganized and poor leadership. Unable to provide the government requirements/demands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.