CAE Recruiters Employee Reviews in United States

Work here if you have no life, or plan on having no life.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I took the job here, because I needed to relocate to the mainland US. The recruiter made lots of promises about growth and learning opportunities, and about their style of management. Sadly this wasn't true.

This company is very old school with little to no work/life balance.
Pros
Casual workplace, very good healthcare coverage (through PPO), fun holiday party, good PTO policy if you're sick, management is quick to react (unlike larger companies)
Cons
Mediocre salary, very old school mentality, closed minded, pro-veteran to a fault (they will promote a less qualified employee if he's a veteran, and are more willing to overlook negative incidents when the employee is a veteran), every piece of work must be approved by committee. Also, 6 month probationary period?!?! My previous employer - a competitor - had no probationary period, and I only know of one employee ever terminated from there in five years.
Work Environment
Flight Simulator Technician I (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJuly 9, 2015
The military experience contribute in the development of creating leadership, builds life long skill enabling further progression with in or moving forward toward civilian career.Education provided allow many opportunities toward any one with initiative.
Pros
Career Orientated progression
Cons
N/A
Good Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Great benefits and work/life balance. Can be busy at times, but also can be very slow too. Co-workers are good and most managers are pretty good.
Excellent Facility
Cessna Citation Sovereign Instructor Pilot (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Very good place to work. Very accommodating to my work preferences as an "On Call" Instructor
Pros
very flexible.
Cons
not a lot of work available for part timers
Ok
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2014
Flight simulation company based in Canada. In business since 1947 with traditional civilian airline base.
Pros
flex hours.
Cons
long term vision.
Job is not what was portrayed
Training department (Former Employee) –  DFWSeptember 30, 2014
No reward for working extra
No co sideration of family life
No consideration for getting enough sleep
Considerably under paid for the position
Work attire is hideous
Managers under so much pressure they take it out on you

Not a great long term place to work unless you have nothing else to do outside work in life
Pros
its a job with reasonable benefits
Cons
listed above
Relaxed and easy going
Simulator Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Had a great run at CAE. We had a small close team with a great work environment, the best I've been around in my professional career.
The company is ok
executive -Retention, Comcast (Current Employee) –  location is okAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work is logging on the system talking to customer's and selling them products that the company has to offer. What I've learned is that customer service is great! Management can be difficult at times and each manager is different. co workers are great, we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is keeping the customer's from canceling there account and making sure there account is correct and keeping the customer happy. the most enjoyable part is helping someone and at the end of the call, someone saying , you were the best!
Pros
customers
Cons
some of the calls
Enjoyed working for this company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FLJuly 1, 2014
Learned all about Simulation Medical System
Great co-workers
The hardest part was not having replacement parts for equipment.
Pros
every other off fridays
Cons
boms not orginized & shortage of parts
Work you into the ground - no concern for the employees, bad management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlMarch 26, 2014
Poor contractor for government services due to lack of overseeing of the local management. Could be a better company if they not promote bad decisions. Inability to produce the requirements of the contract.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
unreasonable deadlines, unorganized and poor leadership. unable to provide the government requirements/demands.

Want to know more about CAE Recruiters?

Ask a question
Good job, but management was lacking
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2013
I enjoyed working there. The benefits were great. Management lacked in securing work for us, so we lost a contract that got everyone released from the job.
Pros
good people, great benefits, generous pay and holidays
Cons
monotonous work, management lacking, promotions given to incapable people
Not a bad place to work.
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2013
I worked here as an engineering co-op from the University of South Florida. I would highly recommend this program as a student but I can't speak for full time employment because I left when I graduated.
Ok for short run
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2013
This company is good for short run, but I wouldn't advise making it a long term career. Like any company, you can stagnate.
Great Place to work for.
Senior Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2013
Challanging work.
Excellent co-workers, for the most part, very knowledgable.
Management very clikage.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
need better mentoring programs to ensure proper transition when employees are promoted, or they are just changing positions.
Poor pay lousy management
Engineering (Current Employee) –  TampaFebruary 15, 2013
Pay and benefits are well below industry average. Mid level/ onsite management are shortsighted. Co workers are pleasant and help each other
Pros
other employees
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Not a very professional and caring environment
records clerk (Former Employee) –  DFW, DallasFebruary 9, 2013
This place is very unprofessional and unorganized. The atmosphere is very dry and if you have not been working there for 5 or more years, most likey you won't last long, because the veteran employees will torture you until you quit. Job security is little to none so do not expect to be trained properly due to previous employees having fear of losing their position. Management is not very involved and not trained as well. They leave it up to the veteran employees to train all new hires and implement the rules which makes it very difficult to really feel secure about your job. Also, if you do not participate in work activities or you practice a different religion, you will not be accepted. Overall, I was really impressed at the interview and was very excited to work here, but aftet starting, hearing all the horror stories from coworkers, seeing how unprofessional & unorganized things were, and being discrimanated against because I did not want to participate in the Halloween festivities, I was very hurt and shocked.
Pros
on site cafeteria
You could probably do better
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2012
CAE usually maintains a fairly relaxed work environment and the people are generally enjoyable to work with. The downside is that they can force you to travel or work crazy hours at any time. Also the pay isn't quite competitive with the rest of the industry or other similar industries. If you get a job there be sure to negotiate as good a salary as you can because it won't change much for a long time.
Pros
good co-workers and work environment that is usually laid back
Cons
forced travel, late night work hours, relatively low pay
Good overall company but Managment lacking in People Skills
HR Benefit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2012
I enjoyed my tenure @ CAE both times; however upon this employment experience, the Department was undergoing some growing pains which did not offer the best advancement or habitat to be productive or successful.
Pros
great with employee relations
Cons
unclear management titles and authority
Fun and great place to learn
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2012
CAE is a great place to start a career, and provides an excellent opportunity to learn. The pay is average, I wouldn't say it is any higher or lower than what I've seen based on other places I've heard of. The engineering department enjoys casual jeans dress code all week which is nice. Biggest disadvantage of working for CAE is travel and overtime. There are often a lot of strange hours due to needing to be on the hardware. Also, if you're working on a simulator that is going to go to another destination, chances are you'll need to travel there (sometimes for more than a month) to finish the integration.
Pros
good people, relaxed atmosphere, interesting work
Cons
weird hours, overtime, long travel engagements