Caelum Research Corporation Employee Reviews

Absolutely the best company to work for.
Project Lead Sr. Cost and Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35802July 27, 2017
I cannot say enough about the staff and supervisors of the Huntsville location. Hands down this is the best group of people I've had the honor to work for. My direct supervisor is motivating and has my back. He is fair and honest. I don't think you can ask for more than this.
Family owned and operated
Nobody (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 8, 2017
Working at Caelum won't let you advance. The President and CEO are husband and wife. They have hired every member of their family as VP's so there isn't any advancement. They aren't a small business any longer so they have family members open small businesses and partner with them to bid on those contracts. I wouldn't recommend working there unless you are related and want to be underpaid.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Everything else
Too new to really assess
Technical Support Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJune 5, 2017
I just started working for Caelum, so can't really comment on the company. So far, all I really know about them is that they under bid the previous contractor so much, they are having to come out of pocket to pay our salaries. While this would sound like good news to some people, what it really means is that they could not pay us as much as the previous contractor, so we have all lost a bit of money. This, of course, puts a sour taste in my mouth regarding Caelum.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Low Wages
Just meh
Data Collection Technician II (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 25, 2017
This is a contracted position, so i really can't comment on the personnel. hardest part of this job was the hours. sometimes you had to work weekends.
Contractual work
Technical Writer I, Contractor (Current Employee) –  ATC, APG, MarylandMarch 9, 2017
Typical day consists of computer work for 9 hours; typical office environment (lots of background noise, use headsets to decrease the background noise often), no salary increase during the 3 year contract (hourly rate plus fringe rate); inconsistent style guides (Army regulations are followed, though test center style guides are inconsistent), best part is having the option to go into the field and watch testing; hardest part is not receiving pay increase though benefits premium goes up.
Pros
gym is available, yoga Mondays
Cons
no cost of living increase
It is always interesting working for Caelum.
Senior Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 16, 2015
I work in a Secure Active Directory Environment. Every day has new challenges as the environment is always evolving in order to thwart would be attackers.
Great
Service Desk Specialist-Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 7, 2014
it was a nice place to wo rk, ive already reviewe dthis place.
Pros
Growth
Cons
only day shift.
OK workplace...
DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  NoaaSeptember 1, 2013
Not many benefits, minimal bonuses. Have to fight hard for little raise.
Great company to work for.
Senior Network Administrator/Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 6, 2012
Very independent since I was the only IT person on board, learned a lot by revamping their IT system.
Pros
very professional
Cons
small company with slim chance of upward mobility.
Relatively small family owned company.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 8, 2012
Company is a relatively small in size. Due to limited number of staffing resources, work schedule is quite taxing.
Pros
personal interaction with entire management team.
Cons
limited employee benefits.