Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 3, 2016
Definitely not a bad place to work. There are advancement opportunities all the time because the turnover rate is so high. They offer a good benefits package. The attendance policy works on a no fault point system which kind of sucks. In the department I worked in it was almost impossible to get time off granted so I could go see my kids. If overtime is required you will be forced to do it unless you have a doctors referral saying you can't. Company provides food for employees during their shift and they also have an onsite gym and wellness center. My biggest problem was the double standards. I absolutely hated how they would say one thing and do another.
Best place I've ever worked.
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 17, 2016
The tips were good and steady most of the time. My coworkers were so helpful and most became like family. This is such a gorgeous casino, the clientele just kind of sucks. They try to do as much for their employees as possible. Cheap lunches provided, really nice break/lounge areas and a gym on site. Wardrobe facility to dry clean your uniforms on site. Management is often not on the same page but otherwise they were ok.
Pros
Benefits, cheap lunch, great coworkers
Cons
When it gets busy you will work hard
Productive work place
Casino Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
I take calls 8hrs a day for room, restaurant, golf, show reservations. I also transfer calls after finding out what the issues are from the guest to make sure they go to the correct department. We always learn something new each day. My co-workers are all Great! There isn't really a hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the people I talk to acknowledge that I have done a good job in taking care of their needs.
Pros
Healthcare benefits are the best
Cons
NONE
Caesars Entertainment, working in a casino/hotel
Casino (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Some days are the same day in and out, sometimes you do not know what to expect.
I have learned a lot about business, gaming, customer service and demo-graphs of target guests/patrons.
Co-works are like any other job, some good, some bad.
Management is the same.
The hardest part of the job, is dealing with entitled people, but that is the culture created by the industry. The second is the executive leadership and above. They tend to be out of the loop with the ground level and management gets stuck right in between.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is making people smile, and feel good, after all they are there for work or vacation.
Pros
Meet different people, good benefits, always a chance to move around or up.
Cons
Executive leaders out of contact with employees & guests, Many of the business decisions, The employee dining food is terrible and unhealthy
Managers and supervisors play favorites
Total Rewards Representative WSOP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2016
The systems LEM and CMS are 40 years old and waaay out of date. One training room hadn't been cleaned in weeks. And it was freezing cold. People eat in the reservations phone area at their desks. No one has their own desk/monitor. There is only ONE monitor per desk and many programs to run. Constant switching. You must apologize for other people's mistakes. You must be on the "pet" list a fav of the super to get OT or a shift you want. They are not spending to fix much of anything that needs repair.
Think twice. If you can stand managers who cannot manage go for it. Maybe you will be the one who succeeds! There are opportunities but will take years as the current managers are never going to leave or quit. Or transfer. Health benefits are okay. Free lunch if you can eat the same food over and over and over-
Good luck.
Pros
Free lunch and the gym etc.
Cons
Management and promotions
Its what you make it, like everywhere else.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Caesars is okay. Great benefits but ridgid schedules for emts. Its what you make it, like everywhere else. I worked graveyard shift.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work. Management is always eager to help their employees succeed. There is a reason why Harrahs is rated a best place to work!
Harrahs has the best training programs around and has world renown staff. Each employee is a true asset to Harrahs.
Harrahs has long hours and sometimes stressful situations which are easily made up for by the free lunches, supportive management and ongoing employee development programs.
Pros
Free lunches. Fun. Interesting people.
Cons
Nepotism, Politics, Unclear goals for achievement.
Great environment
Cashier Casino Services II (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 13, 2016
great place to work ... benefits if you love/enjoy working around new people from different area codes, then Caesars Casino is the correct place for you.
Great company to grow with
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
Its a great company to work for, great benefits, easy to work for, and I enjoy the great team! There is a lot of growth opportunity as well, an working security is so much fun!
Pros
Casino enviroment, smokiing
Good people - Tough times for casinos
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INSeptember 30, 2016
Everyone did what they could to keep the operation going and effective. Great leadership at the time. The unions made it tough.
Pros
Team/HR
Cons
Pay/Benefits
Great Work place
Corportae Group Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Caesars is a great place to work. you can have great work/life balance while working for Caesars. Typical day can be busy but people like me who like to stay busy can enjoy that kind of environment.
Pros
WORK/LIFE BALANCE
Cons
compensation can be better
Co workers were great to work with. Management needs to be retrained and learn how to motivate employee and praise them for a job well done.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
Company has too many issue's on whats right and whats wrong. Employees are forced to take the employee survey's which is a voluntary survey, and then when they do fill out the survey's, they are not informed on how it works, and that it does not go against the higher management but effects the lower management which takes the lashing for upper management (Terminated).
Pros
Benefits and Co workers
Cons
Senior Management ( Asst. Directors and above), And persons with experiences are not considered for upper management positions.
Productive and fun place to work at
IT Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 13, 2016
Great opportunity to start IT career, with exposure to a variety of different technologies, from Networking to point of sales, AS400, AIX
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
short staff
Depends on the Property
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Multnomah County, ORFebruary 24, 2016
First property was pretty good. Second property was a nightmare. Across the board, upper management tends to be clueless, have huge egos, and are extremely poor at communicating. Pay and benefits were great but you had no job security. Line level workers are unionized and tend to abuse their CBA, subsequently causing outlets to short staffed every day. Because of this you will live at work and have no work/life balance. But like I said, the pay was great. Think of the job as riding a bull...
Pros
$$$$
Cons
Everything else, especially upper management
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
It is a good company to work for, with it's pluses and minuses.
Company provides good benefits. Compensation depends on the type of job you do.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Human Resources Performance & Culture Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2016
I loved working at Caesars Entertainment in Las Vegas. Everyday I was happy going to work. I enjoyed working with the population of 10,000 + team members at Bally's, Paris and Planet Hollywood Resorts and Hotel! I loved leading employee engagement events & activities, working with my client groups, leaders and managers, continuously finding ways to improve the departments to make for a happier culture, workplace and retention rate.The Senior Leadership was highly engaged and visible and that trickles down the ranks. Since they were a lot of people, all with different ideas and styles- you have to find a way a balance and come together to work as one unit. If I would have stayed in Las Vegas this would have been a lifelong career for me with this company. Service with Passion, Integrity, Caring Culture, Diversity, Ownership and Celebrating Success is what I loved about Caesars Entertainment!
Pros
Great medical insurance plans, free meals everyday, total return credits to redeem merchandise, opportunities to grow, fun everyday!
Best Place to work
Manager '37 Steak (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work with great benefits. All employees are engaged and like to have fun at work. Everyone is treated equally.
Overall solid company to work for
Master Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Job security might be sketchy depending on who you work with or under but good overall working conditions. Good associates to work with.
Pros
Decent compensation, at or above industry standards
Cons
Job Security
Seen Better Days
Pit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Since the company joined/merged with Harrah's everything has hit rock bottom. The food, the morale, the team orientation, the hours, the benefits, the place is sickly now. I was proud to work on the strip but the management and staff is burnt out and "living in the past" before the market crashed, literally. Beautiful property that is not being taken care of since Harrah's bought the rights. No growth opportunities for entry level managers or front-line employees. I was 25 years too late working there because it truly was "crem dela crem" at one point in time:/
Pros
A well known brand
Cons
Too Corporate, low morale, unpaid overtime, bad benefits, unsanitary working conditions
Nothing wrong with Caesars, but the pool is under a crisis right now and I want out.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
I love working at the Caesars pool. Some of the coworkers there are great to work with and I like my management. This year has just been a roller coaster for me. I have felt exhausted and uninterested to come back to work recently. I feel like I'm the only one that works really hard. I feel like I don't deserve the kind of pay and treatment of my schedule that I've been getting. This manager, before he was suspended, pretty much destroyed the pool. People are working five days and 8 hours a day, instead of four days and 10 hours. I have had weeks where I worked six days in a row, even seven! I just can't deal with it anymore. This manager fired too many people way too easily. We are dangerously understaffed. I was working the opening shifts earlier in the season, but then I started taking summer classes. This changed my schedule to closing shifts. It was manageable at first, but once that manager made me close on the weekends and five days a week, I was very upset. I felt like my seniority didn't mean anything. I have more seniority than all of the lifeguards at the pool, and he gives me the worst schedules. I also just can't bear the heat outside. It's fine when I'm in the water, but having to clean and close the pool under these temperatures sucks. I sometimes regret coming back for a second season. There was no drama, no issues, and was just chill last season. Also the fact, that one of the newer lifeguards got the lead position instead of me is honestly insulting. I work hard, know the area, and willing to commit to any challenges I would have to face. At the same time,  more... I want to work somewhere inside. Getting promoted as lead would've trapped me at the pool. Anyways, on the positive side, there are some coworkers I very much enjoy working with. The managers, currently, are great as well. I just think it's time for me to move on and work elsewhere. At the same time, my lifeguard certification ends in February 2017 and I don't plan to recertify. I will feel bad when I leave because of staff levels, but it's not worth staying at the moment. I want to work elsewhere that offers more pay. It's crucial for me so that I can continuously attend college, save up for graduate school, and help my mother with the house.  less
Pros
Free lunches, some coworkers, management, benefits, discounts
Cons
Some coworkers, this one manager that's now suspended, heat, closing shifts, dangerously understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caesars Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.