Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews

Depends on the Property
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Multnomah County, ORFebruary 24, 2016
First property was pretty good. Second property was a nightmare. Across the board, upper management tends to be clueless, have huge egos, and are extremely poor at communicating. Pay and benefits were great but you had no job security. Line level workers are unionized and tend to abuse their CBA, subsequently causing outlets to short staffed every day. Because of this you will live at work and have no work/life balance. But like I said, the pay was great. Think of the job as riding a bull...
Pros
$$$$
Cons
Everything else, especially upper management
Co workers were great to work with. Management needs to be retrained and learn how to motivate employee and praise them for a job well done.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
Company has too many issue's on whats right and whats wrong. Employees are forced to take the employee survey's which is a voluntary survey, and then when they do fill out the survey's, they are not informed on how it works, and that it does not go against the higher management but effects the lower management which takes the lashing for upper management (Terminated).
Pros
Benefits and Co workers
Cons
Senior Management ( Asst. Directors and above), And persons with experiences are not considered for upper management positions.
Positive Culture and Great People to work with
Employee Relations Specialist - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2015
The ability to learn and grow is amazing and I have really enjoyed the time I have had to find out what I enjoy doing the most. I have learned and been able to grow into an extremely productive professional. The culture and values that the company stands on makes be proud to be a part of it. Typical day currently is about 10 hours and continual non-stop work pace. I have learned how to multi-task like a champ and switch gears on the drop of a dime. Co-workers are supportive and enjoyable. Challenges include work/life balance and compensation for the work and time that is put in.
Pros
culture
Cons
work/life balance, compensation
Seen Better Days
Pit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Since the company joined/merged with Harrah's everything has hit rock bottom. The food, the morale, the team orientation, the hours, the benefits, the place is sickly now. I was proud to work on the strip but the management and staff is burnt out and "living in the past" before the market crashed, literally. Beautiful property that is not being taken care of since Harrah's bought the rights. No growth opportunities for entry level managers or front-line employees. I was 25 years too late working there because it truly was "crem dela crem" at one point in time:/
Pros
A well known brand
Cons
Too Corporate, low morale, unpaid overtime, bad benefits, unsanitary working conditions
A Great Place, but advancement is hard and pay is lower then most. Great Corporate Environment!
FOOD & BEVERAGE (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 19, 2016
Worked here for about two years. Loved the job and the people there. Was looking to advance but many people just stay in their positions and there is little advancement in upper management, so your advancement suffers. The pay is much lower then the average. They are making a lot of "cost cutting", so staff suffers. There are some great people here, but with the cost cutting they push some great people away as well. Upper management listens sometimes, but not as much as they should. Need a shakeup to make this an even better environment. EXCELLENT TRAINING!!! Best training that I have ever received, Good Front line staff, HR staff very pleasant. Worst part was not getting a monetary bonus. None offered by them, only "points for gifts" that they have, which is not really what anyone wants.
Pros
Amazing Training, Good Staff, Environment was great, Good Food
Cons
No Money Bonus, only gifts, Hard to Advance, Lower then most on pay-scale
Positive work enviornment
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 18, 2016
Caesars creates a caring culture for all of its employees and is a rewarding place to work. I have a skilled team of upbeat employees that make the days easier! I have great leaders that set clear expectations and provide me with the tools I need to do my job to the best of my ability.
My day to day work schedule changes constantly and there is always a new challenge to face, whether it is a specialty menu for a catering event or new menus in the restaurants. There is never a dull moment.
The most difficult part of my position is our clientele. I feel that on many occasions I cannot create high end items because they will not be understood by our guests. I feel that my talents are not being utilized as much as I would like them to be.
Overall this is a rewarding position that I am confident in maintaining and I constantly receive high regards from upper management.
Pros
Team building and a culture that strives for excellent customer experiences
Cons
Kitchen work spaces and equipment should be updated. The casino allows guests to smoke
Assistant Golf Professional/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSFebruary 17, 2016
The days were long, 12-15 hours. However, the access to so many different types of people from many different places made everyday a chance to learn.
Time management was so important to make sure all of the guest were able to enjoy every minute that they were on site. Monitoring this was the biggest challenge of the job due to the guest to staff ratio, 100 to 6-8 on a busy day.
Pros
Benefits, event access, guest relationships
Cons
Hours
Wonderful opportunities, Great people
Barista (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2015
Working for a busy company is a wonderful thing, makes time go fast, you learn many things, learn different aspects from not only where i am currently working, but from the whole Caesar's Entertainment company. Meeting people from all over the world. Great team setting. Hardest part about my job, is when having a unhappy guest, and you try to everything in your possible effort to make sure they have a good experience. Not only with their coffee, but with they're Las Vegas experience. I enjoy working with my co-workers. They are all wonderful people, even my manager. We all get along and if were stuck on something or having a tough day, we're all there to lend a helping hand. Management is amazing, couldn't complain, our manager is always there to help us on the floor, if we need direction in something he's always there to put us on the right track. very attentive to his employee.
Pros
Free lunch, hour breaks, benefits
Cons
advancement
A great sales experience.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ciao CiaoOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists of completing inventory requirements, identifying shift sales quotes, and anticipating guests needs. I have learned how to sell product in a whole new way. My management staff is very responsive and supportive. My co-workers are very team orientated. The hardest part of this job is knowing that there is no future advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many different guests.
Pros
Sales experience.
Cons
No benefits.
Great Company
Leave of Absence Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
I have been with the company for almost 6 years,
I begin my work day at 6 am, which is perfect to complete my home life activities. My co -workers are awesome and friendly and I enjoy working with them all. Since I have been with the company I have learned patience and team work, and Management has really helped with that. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the regulations and laws surrounding leave of absence. I enjoy assisting others and resolving issues.
Pros
EDR, discounts
Cons
Breaks

Want to know more about Caesars Entertainment?

Ask a question
Casino Environment at Planet Hollywood was fun and engaging
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Planet HollywoodMarch 24, 2016
The Senior Management at Planet Hollywood had a double standard when it came to policy and procedure and how discipline was initiated and / or given.
Work Environment was fun and engaging.
Manpower needs were cut to minimums in all departments and customer service suffered.
Too much emphasis placed on surveys that do not accurately provide correct details.
Pros
personal time off
Cons
Working conditions are difficult due to manpower restrictions.
Fun and challenging place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2016
Working at the chapel was both fun and challenging. It was really fun to create the personal relationship with the couples. They were really good with working around your schedule and giving you your time off when approved. My time at this job helped me improve my phone skills and my customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset clients; however, that part of the job taught me a lot and helped me gain confidence in my abilities. The most enjoyable part was getting to be a part of the couples big day and seeing how happy they were after the ceremony.
Awesome working environment
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2016
Awesome working environment, allow to learn new application as well implement them. Caesars Entertainment Corporation (formerly Harrah's Entertainment from 1995 to 2010) is a gaming corporation based in Paradise, Nevada that owns and operates over 50 casinos and hotels, and seven golf courses under several brands. It is the fourth-largest gaming company in the world,[2] with annual revenues of $8.6 billion (2013). Caesars is a public company, majority-owned by a group of private equity firms led by Apollo Global Management and TPG Capital.
Great Place to work, no complaints
Lifeguard/Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2016
My time at Caesars Entertainment was by far the best job I was ever employed at. We would clean the pool deck of trash and towels, and straighten chairs. We also would accommodate to every guests need in the best way possible by setting them up with chairs, and free water to every guest. We also handed out towels to the guests, and sold sunscreen and apparel. It was a blast and I enjoyed every second at my job and working for this company.
Pros
Free and Paid Lunch, 40hrs a week 4 10hr shifts
Cons
Coworkers were lazy and didnt pull their own weight.
Overall great company .
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 14, 2016
A day at the Atlantic city casino. Just went to work comfortable knowing the bar had everything for a successful day of operation
and customers remained happy. My management ran the operation smoothly and got the bar addition supplies if needed.
my co workers were hard workers and made it a successful day always when i went into work. The hardest part was nothing really there was no reason for it . The bar stocked right by management and co- worker made it easy . my most enjoyable part of job was making the servers happy and customers happy with the products from bar. We were a productive group at the workplace.

Excellent Company with strong president down it workers. Respectable company in business world and stock market name both are strong assets.
Pros
free meals n parking strong deals there.
Caesars Entertainment
Race and Sports Book Writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2015
Great pay and benefits for a job only requiring a diploma, benefits are really good after you become full time, give you insurance, 401k, etc. Raises are rare, if any. Coworkers are great and diverse, management is overworked and therefor could do better if provided incentives and proper staffing. Hardest part, i don't feel like they actually care for or take care of locals, or people with gambling problems, most enjoyable was working the Kentucky derby and Superbowl.
Pros
paid lunch, employee dining room, employee store
Cons
management, hard to move up, their "point system"
Poor Management/ No room to advance
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Linq Hotel/ Flamingo HotelAugust 27, 2015
Promotions at this company are based on who you know or who you hang out with outside of work. They do not address issues such as racial claims, or safety issues, and then force you into a hostile work environment. The more you try to address the issues with your supervisors, or with HR...the more you are labeled as a liability and they will look for any reason possible...or fabricate reasons to try and get you suspended or fired.
Pros
Pay was not horrible and benefits are good
Cons
Poor Management, no room to advance, EDR is nasty and full of roaches
table games dealer
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 22, 2016
My typical day starts off slow being i start at 4 a.m but later in the morning we meet and greet. When we get players we deal our games and try to delight and entertain our guests and have the answers to questions they may have about our property or laughlin in general.
I enjoy working with my co workers very much and my supervisors are outstanding to work for.
The hardest part of my job is waking up very early in the morning.
The best part of my job is hearing a guest tell me they will come back to our property because they enjoyed themselves.
Pros
consistent schedule free breakfast foods
Cons
hard to get vacations
n/a
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Caesars Entertainment. I was able to move around and try a bunch of different positions. I was also able to learn a variety of things within each job. Management was great and cared about your future and making sure you took the path you wanted. All of my coworkers were great to work with and so willing to help when you needed it.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 5, 2016
I found Caesars to be a good place to work. They provided a pleasant but competitive work environment and management was supportive to the employees.