Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews in United States

RUN the other direction from this call center!
Casino customer service (CCS) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Management rules this place by fear. Each day there are "new" performance standards. This job is supposedly booking hotel, dining, show and "gift" reservations for members of the total rewards program. In reality, if you don't get enough callers to sign up for a Visa credit card, or be transferred to Wyndham for a time share presentation, you will be labeled as a poor performer no matter how many hotel room reservations you book, or how much positive guest feedback is received. Zero job security, long time employees are not valued. Call center with a "point system" for attendance. Returning from a break 1 minute late, no matter the reason, is 1/2 point. A one day sick call out is 1 point. There are no "excuses" not even a doctors note. Agents constantly come to work very ill, fearful of losing their job and pass their diseases along to the others. With no assigned seating, germs are passed everywhere. You are only allowed 12 points in a 12 month period, so it's easy to see how quickly agents can lose their job. Computer and phone systems crash on a daily basis. The employee is also penalized for this, as you are required to go into a computer problems status that also counts against you and lowers your adherence below acceptable levels, through no fault of your own. Management constantly promises new computer equipment which never arrives. There are workstations with out of service dates from 2013 still hanging on them! Employees are constantly threatened with losing their 10 min per shift bathroom privilege if more time is used. Don't have an upset stomach or a day when  more... you need to use the bathroom more than 2 times. Workforce management constantly changes schedules and "forgets" to let the employee know. You are also forbidden to enter the call center until clock in time- which is 5 min prior to the start of your shift. Which doesn't leave much time to gather your work materials, find an available computer that is working, and sign in to all your required systems. The workplace is filthy, trash strewn about all over the floors, thick black dust covers all the workstations, and whenever it rains water pours out of the ceiling. The solution for that seems to be placing garbage cans underneath the leaks. The ceiling areas the water comes from are visibly black inside (black mold?) many employees constantly cough and hack from the bad air inside this call center. This call center is inside the lower level of Bally's Hotel & Casino. Depending on your work hours, you could find yourself walking alone in the dark alley behind Bally's and Paris 1/2 mile to the parking, all alone. No concern for the personal safety of employees. Security personnel on the property are non-existant. Caesars will present this job as a good entry level job into the company. However, in reality, NO ONE ever manages to transfer out. All it takes is being sick one or two days, and returning from a few breaks one minute late (because you didn't get out of the bathroom quick enough or logged back in to your computer fast enough) and you are now INELIGIBLE for ANY transfer position because of your accumulated points. If you need a job, anywhere but here....Unless you're related to a supervisor, in that case the rules don't apply to you. Nepotism at it's finest.  less
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Low morale, call center full of chaos, bottomless pit you will never be able to transfer out of
Best Place to work
Manager '37 Steak (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work with great benefits. All employees are engaged and like to have fun at work. Everyone is treated equally.
Wonderful Place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work. Starting pay is good. The management teams are supportive. This is good especially when you have to deal with rude guest. Room for advancement but you need to be patient and may need to wait a year.
Great Work place
Corportae Group Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Caesars is a great place to work. you can have great work/life balance while working for Caesars. Typical day can be busy but people like me who like to stay busy can enjoy that kind of environment.
Pros
WORK/LIFE BALANCE
Cons
compensation can be better
Entertainment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 11, 2016
Variety, different every night. High volume of customer service - had to handle players that were winning, loosing, crying and drunk. Counting money and playing chips for an eight hour shift all while smiling can be fun and frustrating at times. Enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Consistency of job
Cons
Seeing people loose money
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
It is a good company to work for, with it's pluses and minuses.
Company provides good benefits. Compensation depends on the type of job you do.
Nothing wrong with Caesars, but the pool is under a crisis right now and I want out.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
I love working at the Caesars pool. Some of the coworkers there are great to work with and I like my management. This year has just been a roller coaster for me. I have felt exhausted and uninterested to come back to work recently. I feel like I'm the only one that works really hard. I feel like I don't deserve the kind of pay and treatment of my schedule that I've been getting. This manager, before he was suspended, pretty much destroyed the pool. People are working five days and 8 hours a day, instead of four days and 10 hours. I have had weeks where I worked six days in a row, even seven! I just can't deal with it anymore. This manager fired too many people way too easily. We are dangerously understaffed. I was working the opening shifts earlier in the season, but then I started taking summer classes. This changed my schedule to closing shifts. It was manageable at first, but once that manager made me close on the weekends and five days a week, I was very upset. I felt like my seniority didn't mean anything. I have more seniority than all of the lifeguards at the pool, and he gives me the worst schedules. I also just can't bear the heat outside. It's fine when I'm in the water, but having to clean and close the pool under these temperatures sucks. I sometimes regret coming back for a second season. There was no drama, no issues, and was just chill last season. Also the fact, that one of the newer lifeguards got the lead position instead of me is honestly insulting. I work hard, know the area, and willing to commit to any challenges I would have to face. At the same time,  more... I want to work somewhere inside. Getting promoted as lead would've trapped me at the pool. Anyways, on the positive side, there are some coworkers I very much enjoy working with. The managers, currently, are great as well. I just think it's time for me to move on and work elsewhere. At the same time, my lifeguard certification ends in February 2017 and I don't plan to recertify. I will feel bad when I leave because of staff levels, but it's not worth staying at the moment. I want to work elsewhere that offers more pay. It's crucial for me so that I can continuously attend college, save up for graduate school, and help my mother with the house.  less
Pros
Free lunches, some coworkers, management, benefits, discounts
Cons
Some coworkers, this one manager that's now suspended, heat, closing shifts, dangerously understaffed
table games dealer
Table games dealer (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 22, 2016
My typical day starts off slow being i start at 4 a.m but later in the morning we meet and greet. When we get players we deal our games and try to delight and entertain our guests and have the answers to questions they may have about our property or laughlin in general.
I enjoy working with my co workers very much and my supervisors are outstanding to work for.
The hardest part of my job is waking up very early in the morning.
The best part of my job is hearing a guest tell me they will come back to our property because they enjoyed themselves.
Pros
consistent schedule free breakfast foods
Cons
hard to get vacations
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2016
I enjoy working for this company because they believe in promotion within and looking for hard working employees. Everyone is friendly and looks out for each other. Department heads lend a hand when it is needed and are not afraid of helping out.
Pros
Department Outings
Cons
Pay
Lots of different technology to learn.
Marketing Engineering (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 11, 2016
No day is exactly like the day before. Many different technologies are brought together with opportunities to learn them all. Management is nice to work for. Co-workers are team players. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the emerging technologies. The most enjoyable is all the different technologies; it keeps the job interesting.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts, access to technologies
Cons
Sometime long hours, sometimes working off hours, on call dutues.
Always hiring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 31, 2016
At this casino there were always chances for promotions or at this department transfers. I was in the security department it was harder to move up in that department because people tend to stick around once they move up and there were limited supervision jobs. Other departments like dealers, servers, slot attendants, etc. had better chances of moving up since they were bigger departments.
Pros
free lunch, healthcare
Overall solid company to work for
Master Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Job security might be sketchy depending on who you work with or under but good overall working conditions. Good associates to work with.
Pros
Decent compensation, at or above industry standards
Cons
Job Security
Very rewarding place to work
Count Room Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2016
My day at Caesars Palace was non-stop unless there was a problem. The hardest part of my day was standing 7-12 hours a day. Management was fair to all employees. There were many rewards being employed with Caesars Entertainment.
management is really poor
Butler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2016
management is really poor, but the job itself is really easy and fun. and salary is not bad either, benefits is good, co workers are fun to work with
Very Fun Workplace/Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 7, 2016
overall I loved being a part of that company and would not mind working with them again & I would refer other people to seek employment with them as well.
Night Audit
Assistant Manager Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2016
Dealt with the night audit procedures and handled any guest issues that arose during the shift. Enjoyed working with coworkers and trying to solve problems with guests.
Must fit your personality
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 2, 2016
Guests are mostly regulars since this isn't a destination Casino. Management and co-workers are you make it. The facility is non smoking which is fantastic for you health.
A true learning experience.
Certified Managing Chef (Current Employee) –  1000 Broadway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202April 28, 2016
5am putting out fires from third shift. Checking messages for daily production changes and request. Daily payroll assessments and time verification's. Time scheduling for production and delivery of product.
The daily process of operating a number of outlets, cost centers and banquets service. How to deal with various personalities.
Are my work family.
Teaching people to be accountable for their actions.
Teaching the group new recipes, how to calculate their recipe production based on event totals and my daily interactions with casino employees.
Pros
Teaching new experiences to cooks and building friendships
Cons
Non concern of Sanitation and Safety concerns of cooks
Caesars Entertainment, working in a casino/hotel
Casino (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Some days are the same day in and out, sometimes you do not know what to expect.
I have learned a lot about business, gaming, customer service and demo-graphs of target guests/patrons.
Co-works are like any other job, some good, some bad.
Management is the same.
The hardest part of the job, is dealing with entitled people, but that is the culture created by the industry. The second is the executive leadership and above. They tend to be out of the loop with the ground level and management gets stuck right in between.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is making people smile, and feel good, after all they are there for work or vacation.
Pros
Meet different people, good benefits, always a chance to move around or up.
Cons
Executive leaders out of contact with employees & guests, Many of the business decisions, The employee dining food is terrible and unhealthy
A Purpose
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work is doing the best you can for people who outnumber you. I have learned that in the culinary industry, you give more than you receive. Management is a gamble. The hardest part of the job is doing things that are not in the job description, but doing what is necessary to show passion for the career. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have a purpose when I wake up in the morning.
Pros
Union paid uniforms, lunches
Cons
hours coincide with personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caesars Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.