Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment United States Employee Reviews

Sous Chef (Current Employee), North Randall, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches.
Cons: Black Out days absolutely no balance of work to personal life.
My typical day at consist of managing 15-20 employees on a day to day basis, I have learned how to work with Microsoft Outlook and how to cost out menu items to reach a certain percentage. The hardest part of my job is when there are call offs and the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Wonderful Brand name
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: i don't work there anymore.
Name is known world wide and a great Brand name to work for. Lots of good people work for this company and management needs to remember without good employees behind you, you don't have a company.
It's a great environment
Bus Person (Current Employee), Las Vegas BlvdMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: not enough work.
My experience with St. Louis Cafe in the Paris Hotel has been a very positive experience. We have great team members who work there and bring good mood and a desirable place to work in.
Dealing cards on Gamming table games
Dealer (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great vacation time and pay
Cons: working for this company
Typical day always consist of customer relations.

I learned that gambling is bad when it takes control
of a customer and that was really sad.

Management and my coworkers all seemed to work very well together.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers attitude.

Sharing the excitement when customers won and tipped.
decent environment
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 13, 2015
long hours, no breaks. decent salary rate. looking for more secure environment.

management needed tweaking. no training. was hoping for longevity but they consistently lay off people instead.
Upbeat and positive work environment
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
A typical day of work included coming in at four a.m. and dealing with party going guest on the way into an after hours nightclub. My management team were wonderful, I have never worked with such an amazing team of employees. The hardest thing about my job was having to handle intoxicated rude guest. The best part of my job was learning how to deal with difficult situations in a more positive way, meaning learning how to resolve the situation by compromising rather than arguing.
Caesars
Marketing Engineer / Desktop / Helpdesk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2015
Caesars Entertainment is located in Atlantic City, NJ. Right on the boardwalk. Caesars Entertainment is located in Atlantic City, NJ. Right on the boardwalk.Caesars Entertainment is located in Atlantic City, NJ. Right on the boardwalk.
Its a job
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very short breaks or sometimes no breaks at all
a typical day at work would be to get your cart together and get to work asap so you do not get behind, this is a very fast paced job and very tiring, what made it enjoyable was some of the co workers there. I think i would have enjoyed the company more if i were in a different position.
Great
Internal Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: all positive
Cons: all positive
Write and proof read employee citywide communications for emails and printed advertisements. Design email and poster templates. Assist the Marketing Department with launching new guest programs and offers to employees with communications and employee events. Support HERO and Code Green community outreach initiatives. Revamp back of house areas by having new branded wall wraps installed along with requesting repainting areas when necessary. Coordinate with Studio using Quickbase to submit design requests and receive printed advertisements. Send all printed advertisements to the Print Shop. Participate in employee events with the Engagement Teams. Coordinate blood drives by taking calls from employees volunteering to donate. Ensure front of house and back of house employees view all current communications by posting it on informational bulletin boards, poster holders, table tents, and banners.

Planned, coordinated and implemented employee events and programs. Created proposals and timelines for employee of the month program, supervisor of the quarter, holiday parties, food drives, and other employee special events.
Hard times
Poker Supervisor / Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: work environment, moral
Currently this company is experiencing a bankruptcy. Unfortunately it reflects in the management and day to day operations of the business. I enjoy working with my co-workers, but stress and the overall climate take their toll on moral.
Productive and fun Workplace
Programmer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: lunch at low cost
Cons: short breaks, and wfh options
Lots of scope in Learning. implementing Hadoop.

Learned Hadoop Cloudera Distribution.
worked on SPARK, HIVE, HBASE. Oozie.
Great place to work and strive in your career
Lead Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
At Caesars Ent. I have learned to balance career and home life. I have been able to advance my career through educational training and team leadership. I do believe Caesars Ent. Has been one of the most integral part of my beverage career.
Regional Director of Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Busy and never a dull moment. Lots of opportunity to grow if in the Vegas area. Work/Life balance is great. Co-workers are amazing. Hardest part of my job is traveling from Atlanta to Vegas on a regular basis.
Mega-Resort Autonomy
Bellman (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, free food, busy
Cons: no management support, little opportunity to advance
Better pay and benefits than your average hotel. Decent job perks (hour paid lunch, employee cafeteria, employee gym). Management support and interaction is virtually non-existent. Preference is given based on seniority, rather than hard work and results. Culture is punch in, work hard, and punch out.
Wonderful gaming experience working for the leader in the industry.
Poker Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 29, 2014
Pros: working for the leader in the gaming industry.
I spent most of my career in a Management position in the Gaming Industry. Caesars Entertainment is the premier Casino/Hotel and leader in the industry. Their expectations and constant training and development of staff was next to none.

It was a challenging environment with endless opportunity for professional growth.
Working in a Casino
Showroom Associate (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 26, 2014
Pros: working
Cons: lack of work due to less bookings of events
The hardest part of the job is having the skills and knowledge to advance and being denied the chance to advance.

The pros are being able to work various events and shows and meeting people.

One of the major cons is that there isn't that any events scheduled.

Another con is that within certain departments there is drama which breaks down to people who are actually doing their job are either punished or let go while workers who are not doing their job are being rewarded, due to their relationship with the supervisors or management.
Good Job Culture and Work-Life balance
Team Lead and BMC Remedy Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, Nevada - 89119December 18, 2014
Pros: work-life balance and job culture
Cons: compensation
Caesars Entertainment is always a fun to work for. It has a lot of opportunities and technologies on which we can explore and learn.
No Advancement
Casino Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 16, 2014
I could really sit here and bash this employer, but I won't! There are many wonderful people working there and it is a real "family" environment amongst co-workers.
Excited to go to work! My co-workers always made my day!
Database Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
Pros: the job was challenging but i learned how to build offers; co-workers; benefits
Cons: better manager with management experience; no documentation; everyone is treated equally & fairly
A typical day at work was checking campaign schedule, follow-up with those who were responsible for an offer both in build and data pull. Updating schedule before team meeting. Build & proof Special Event Las Vegas offers as it comes available.

Learning to build special event offers was at first a challenge which I accomplished with very little training or "on-the-fly". Learning the aspect of casino marketing has been a great experience!

When I first started with Caesars Marketing, my immediate manager was also learning on the job. I would go to the experienced team member which resulted in my productive outcome. As the department reorganized, I transitioned from NNV to Las Vegas offers and this was "training on-the-fly". My manager was less then helpful when I had questions and again my teammates were also training when the transition occurred. I had to resort to finding answers by former co-workers who is now a manager. Which I was reprimanded for asking him questions.

The hardest part of the job was not having written documentation and procedures to review and no formal training when transitioned. Not being able to ask a former team member who became a manager. Not being able to reiterate a question without retribution from my immediate manager.

The best and most enjoyable part of the job was being able to train others on Special Events; and, writing the documents and processes for special events training. I wanted to build on this part of my career with Caesars and asked for the opportunity to do so. I know that my training & documentation helped others as they thanked me after.

I would like to learn more of the workings of Casino marketing from planning to coordinating to the final event outcome.
A fun place to work.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch for employees and free parking. employee discount in stores, restaurants, shows, and rooms
Grateful and thankful for all the experience working in this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment Corporation (formerly Harrah's Entertainment) likes to spread its bets. The firm owns and/or operates more – Read more

Caesars Entertainment Salaries