Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Harrahs Casino Cage Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaJune 24, 2015
Pros: great food in break room, meet new people, good pay
Cons: rude customers, DRAMA, short breaks
Very fast paced environment. Chip counting my take a while for some people. Start off with a starting balance, end with the same balance at the end of the night. Easier said than done.

Typical day includes, waiting to clock in, grabbing a drawer and counting in with money and chips, clock out for lunch, finish shift, count out, make sure no money is lost, go home.
Work
Assistant Casino Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed the position that I held. It was challenging and rewarding. All the people of the organization are great. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the team members.
co workers
marketing operations representative (Former Employee), new jerseyJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, health care, gym, and most of all my coworkers
Cons: that our property closed
my co workers were the best people who could ask to work with, they were helpful, kind, very much a team player. they made the workplace a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. i consider them a second family, which is what we called ourselves. i miss them most about the job because without these amazing people i would have not gained as many friends as i have. they are amazing to the guests and our guests loved each and every one of them.
Great Company
Corporate Total Rewards Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Las VegasJune 8, 2015
Pros: good management, good benefits
Cons: quite cubical feel
Continue to learn about the company and always able to talk to management about projects and concerces for guidance.

Enjoy being able to work with all of the different properties.
better places to work for out there
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Hammond, IndianaJune 7, 2015
Pros: learn games for free
Cons: horrible lunches and management
As a table Games Supervisor, Horseshoe Hammond is a horrible place to work. If you're not in the Management team clique, advancement opportunities are scarse. They also have an annual bonus program in which the same people get every year simply because they are a part of a management clique. It's pretty much equalivant to the Illuminati. They bend the rules for who they want to bend the rules for.
See previous response
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: managament
The most difficult part of the job is working with various Directors and Vice Presidents in gaming areas. However, this is a challenge I enjoy and feel that I have risen to.
Special Events Hosts
Special Events Host (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare, being sent home if they schedule too many people
I do not have a typical day at work because we do many different events at the casinos. I can work anything from gift giveaways, slot tournaments, dinner registrations, raffles and bingo nights.
I've learned that there are many more aspects to our special events as the casino than one would think. We need customers to have proper state identification, there are gamin rules and regulations we have to abide by.
The management team for Caesars Entertainment has recently been cut down so it is still some getting used to. But all the managers and coordinators I work for are easy going, very polite (they don't treat us like we are nothing) and they are easy to talk to whenever there is a situation with a customer or a personal one.
The hardest part of the job is pleasing all of the customers. It seems like no matter how smoothly everything goes there is always that one person who ruins it with their attitude.
Funny thing is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job is the regular customer you get to know. They see you on a regular basis, know you by name and ask you about your day Most of them are very kind and once they get to know you they actually try and help you out on occasions.
inconsistent leadership
Casino Marketing Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
Middle management is good, upper management can be inconsistent in their strategy. Very little in terms of career growth and development.
Fun workplace
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2015
Pros: fun, understanding managers
Cons: downsizing of overall company
I did enjoy working for Caesars. My favorite part was the free gym just for Caesars employees. Very fun atmosphere, managers and supervisors did have employee's back where it counted.
Caesars markets the postion as a sales position but it really is just a telemarketing position
Casino Sales Executive (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2015
Management is constantly restructuring pay and downsizing the department while at the same time raising daily quotas and adding more and more work responsibilities. Work harder for less money and management is not very positive. I would say if you are looking for a sales job look elsewhere. For PTO which is paid time off they will actually use what you accumulate for holidays, so for a holiday day off with pay they take 8 hours of your PTO. So basically if you have 2 weeks PTO per year they will reduce that down to about a week after all your holiday days that they just take your PTO. Another way the big corporations take advantage of employees. Hours are great and you are home nights and weekends, best part of this job.
Vibrant casino environment, good benefits.
Table Game Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free meals, free parking, benefits, 401K
Cons: Short breaks
36 years experience working for very large multi-property casino. The best co-workers in the business; learned how to excel at accuracy and superior customer service. Hardest part of the job is handling increased responsibility and workload over the past 5-6 years; most enjoyable part is sense of accomplishment in providing superior customer service.
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2015
Every day was challenging and enjoyable. I enjoyed dealing with guests and working in the Casino environment. Events of the day were at times quite challenging, but our team members were able to quickly handle all situations that arouse.
Disfunctional with lack of sincerity
Manager (Former Employee), Flamingo & HarrahsMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits are decent, transfer capabilities
Cons: Read above....
Caesars has been in major financial trouble for some time. Unfortunately, they are not honest with people and have let a large number of people go with suspicious circumstances to save money. Caesars Ent is all about appearances, with no real substance. They talk about green this and that, but waste tons. They discuss "Get me, Guide me, Root for me"....but do not practice it. Selecting certain persons sometimes in the name of diversity without regard for selecting the most qualified person. Thus there public areas, rooms and overall service has dropped. Caesars Ent knows that they will save more on labor than they spend on upset guests, and having no vested interest in being the best resort in terms of quality this has become acceptable to them.
productive
Table Games Dealer/Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMay 3, 2015
made a lot of money but no raises hard to be full time. lots of very good managers but one by one they all get dismissed for no reason.
Upbeat and positive work environment
VLT Shift Manager (Current Employee), North Randall, OhioApril 28, 2015
Heavy guest interaction paying out jackpots, correcting situations on the floor with machines or other guests. Staffing/scheduling daily. Positive coaching for subordinates.
Great interment
Valet Greeter (Current Employee), North Randall, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: heatlhcare
Cons: Shot Break or only person in that position and get payed lest but do more
i really enjoy my job i like it here i just don't like living here so i would rather leave Cleveland just for a fresh everything then stay here i love my co workers i work will with everybody fit in i do my job and i go home and i also spent time with my co workers and management out side of work. i typical come in at 11 pm to 7 or 8 am to (3rd shift) to park and bring up cars for the costumers at the Casino and i greet them as the come and go. The hardest part is the wealth when it rains or snow really bad here and the management isn't correct some times but i still do what is asked of me no matter what and more , the enjoyable part is to meet great people enjoy new things or great wisdom and growth as a young man its beautiful. Its just the city.
Sous Chef (Current Employee), North Randall, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches.
Cons: Black Out days absolutely no balance of work to personal life.
My typical day at consist of managing 15-20 employees on a day to day basis, I have learned how to work with Microsoft Outlook and how to cost out menu items to reach a certain percentage. The hardest part of my job is when there are call offs and the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Wonderful Brand name
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: i don't work there anymore.
Name is known world wide and a great Brand name to work for. Lots of good people work for this company and management needs to remember without good employees behind you, you don't have a company.
It's a great environment
Bus Person (Current Employee), Las Vegas BlvdMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: not enough work.
My experience with St. Louis Cafe in the Paris Hotel has been a very positive experience. We have great team members who work there and bring good mood and a desirable place to work in.
Dealing cards on Gamming table games
Dealer (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great vacation time and pay
Cons: working for this company
Typical day always consist of customer relations.

I learned that gambling is bad when it takes control
of a customer and that was really sad.

Management and my coworkers all seemed to work very well together.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers attitude.

Sharing the excitement when customers won and tipped.

1 2 3 4 5

About Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment Corporation (formerly Harrah's Entertainment) likes to spread its bets. The firm owns and/or operates more – Read more

Caesars Entertainment Salaries