Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews

Seen Better Days
Pit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Since the company joined/merged with Harrah's everything has hit rock bottom. The food, the morale, the team orientation, the hours, the benefits, the place is sickly now. I was proud to work on the strip but the management and staff is burnt out and "living in the past" before the market crashed, literally. Beautiful property that is not being taken care of since Harrah's bought the rights. No growth opportunities for entry level managers or front-line employees. I was 25 years too late working there because it truly was "crem dela crem" at one point in time:/
Pros
A well known brand
Cons
Too Corporate, low morale, unpaid overtime, bad benefits, unsanitary working conditions
Great place to work, amazing people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2016
Assisting guests of the hotel and casino, responding to various radio calls. Ensuring the safety of all guests and facilitating the transfer of monetary funds throughout the casino.
Pros
Employee discounts, free meals
Fast, furious, and productive workplace. I enjoy working with people and serving fabulous food and wine.
Gourmet Food Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2016
I have always believed that if a company takes care of its employees, that the employees will take care of the customers. The last 3 restaurant jobs I was laid off due to closures, or I would not have left because I have a good work ethic and a following of customers. My last job was with Grandview where I sold timeshare for 2 years! I was let go in December of 2015 and now I would like to serve in a gourmet room again.
Pros
Good wages and healtcare
Cons
managers not knowledgable
enjoy the work environment
Security Officer / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2016
prepare daily assignments for casino floor officers, communicated via 2 way radio, answer telephone and direct calls as needed.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
more upper management communications needed
Positive work enviornment
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 18, 2016
Caesars creates a caring culture for all of its employees and is a rewarding place to work. I have a skilled team of upbeat employees that make the days easier! I have great leaders that set clear expectations and provide me with the tools I need to do my job to the best of my ability.
My day to day work schedule changes constantly and there is always a new challenge to face, whether it is a specialty menu for a catering event or new menus in the restaurants. There is never a dull moment.
The most difficult part of my position is our clientele. I feel that on many occasions I cannot create high end items because they will not be understood by our guests. I feel that my talents are not being utilized as much as I would like them to be.
Overall this is a rewarding position that I am confident in maintaining and I constantly receive high regards from upper management.
Pros
Team building and a culture that strives for excellent customer experiences
Cons
Kitchen work spaces and equipment should be updated. The casino allows guests to smoke
Overall great company .
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 14, 2016
A day at the Atlantic city casino. Just went to work comfortable knowing the bar had everything for a successful day of operation
and customers remained happy. My management ran the operation smoothly and got the bar addition supplies if needed.
my co workers were hard workers and made it a successful day always when i went into work. The hardest part was nothing really there was no reason for it . The bar stocked right by management and co- worker made it easy . my most enjoyable part of job was making the servers happy and customers happy with the products from bar. We were a productive group at the workplace.

Excellent Company with strong president down it workers. Respectable company in business world and stock market name both are strong assets.
Pros
free meals n parking strong deals there.
work/ life balance
Count Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2016
My coworkers are all so fun and always make a work day go by a lot faster. The company is a wonderful company to work for. I have enjoyed working with Caesars enterprise services.
benefits
coworkers
Employee Dining Room Cook (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, INJanuary 4, 2016
i worked with alot of different cooks of all ages making food for all the employees and any guests that would come on the boat
Pros
hours, pay.meeting celebrities
Cons
when it rained, we got flooded on the boat..stuck so to speak
Excellent Experience
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2016
Caesars Entertainment is really dedicated to your growth and development, I would highly recommend this organization to anyone that is looking to join on.
Job
Caesars Direct Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2015
Great job. Stayed busy and learned a lot including, sales, operations and clerical. Lots of variety and advancement. meet many different people everyday
Pros
free lunch
Cons
demanding
Not a great experince
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2015
My typical day was spent fixing self-inflicted wounds as the database (Access based) was a complete disaster. Management had no set of priorities; everything was "very important" and things that we must spend time on right now, even if another project with a hard deadline was near.

The Co-workers were the best part of the job, we were a close knit group that would constantly strive to make work a better place.

The hardest part of the job was the database, you just never knew what was going to happen from day to day.
Positive Culture and Great People to work with
Employee Relations Specialist - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2015
The ability to learn and grow is amazing and I have really enjoyed the time I have had to find out what I enjoy doing the most. I have learned and been able to grow into an extremely productive professional. The culture and values that the company stands on makes be proud to be a part of it. Typical day currently is about 10 hours and continual non-stop work pace. I have learned how to multi-task like a champ and switch gears on the drop of a dime. Co-workers are supportive and enjoyable. Challenges include work/life balance and compensation for the work and time that is put in.
Pros
culture
Cons
work/life balance, compensation
Enjoyable
Assistant Bar/Lounge Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2015
Great company to build a career. Great stepping stone for other opportunities. Great networking opportunities within the company. A lot of weight and responsibilities is placed on your shoulders with this company.
Great Place to work for.
Supervisor/Technical Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2015
Had a great time working for Caesars, Management team was great,pay was great, balance between work and home was perfect.
Good place to work for but low pay for the amount of work
DIRECT MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 12, 2015
Overall it is a great place to start your career, but long term it just doesn't pay well enough or provide enough opportunities for growth.
Caesars Ent. Review - RIO
VIP Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Great team and great company. provided great raises and fast full-time offering from part-time. Advancement seemed it was a game of favorites and not experience/education.
Pros
pay, benefits, flexibility, hours
Cons
rude guests, hierarchy
Place to grow
Sr. Executive Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2015
Everyday I open emails and prioritize to maximize time management. Then I deliver the best service possible to my assigned clients. Third I always look for ways to make my job more efficient and productive.
Enjoyed working with the public
Race and Sports Writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2015
I worked at the Race and Sports Book at Paris and Bally's! Training was not the best! Didn't care for the way management allowed Employees to behave in an Unprofessional Manner!
Pros
Free meals at the EDR
Cons
Toom much Profanity allowed
Sales Associate Caesars
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2015
a typical day is very energetic with all the exciting guests! I've new ways to sell and treating the guest in a respectful, playful, welcoming way. Management thrives to make you better! Co-workers are a mini family away from home. the hardest part of the job is to not have fun! Enjoyable part is always meeting new people and learning about where there from!
Pros
Employee Dining Room
Cons
not working full time
Poorly Managed Corportation.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2015
Work in and exciting and fast-paced environment. Deal cards to guests. Show-off to get people's attention in the hope of getting them to sit down and stay/play at my table.

Learned how to manage multiple personalities while keeping my composure at the table.

Management at a large corporation can wield a lot of power. They would rather dictate than collaborate with front-line employees. Management does not do anything about bullying that goes on between co-workers. They turn a blind eye as if everything is alright. Management lays out expectations of it's employees, but is more interested in playing head games, rather than functioning as a well-run corporation.
Management is more ambiguous in terms of the rules that need to be followed. Workers get punished for breaking the rules, while at the same time are not aware of the rules to begin with.
If Management expects us to follow the rules, they need to be spelled out specifically, otherwise, it is an unfair to ask employees to do things a certain way, without knowing what the specific rules are. As a result, there is lots of turnover in the company in every department. In the table games department, we are operating minimally with maybe 40% of the dealers needed to actually make money for the corporation.

Co-workers are fine, even though we have our differing opinions on how to get things done.

The hardest part about the job is that it is ultra-competitive. Dealers can be laid off or replaced instantly, even in a good economy. It is a reminder that we are not indispensable. As a result, it creates a
  more... lot of chaos and tension with the Dealer, his family, and financial uncertainty.However, I stick with it because i like what I do for a living in spite of all the negative stuff that goes on within the corporation. And I do have other options, thus not feeling trapped at my current employer like a lot of dealers do.

The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing cards or dice to the guests, while simultaneously entertaining them. If I can do that without interference from management, the shareholders of the corporation would be much happier, the CEO would have less work to do, Senior and middle-management would have an easier job, dealers would be more excited about doing their job, and focus a lot less on how much money they are NOT making, and more on providing a good service to the guest.
Pros
Free lunches, early-outs, employee discounts, etc.
Cons
Working for a large and powerful corporation