Cafe Services

Cafe Services Employee Reviews

company was good manager was a crazy b***h!
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 20, 2013
I worked for cafe services for a year and a half I worked very hard. My day started off @ 6:15 with cleaning off the tables in the cafeteria, making lots of coffee, and setting up the cash register, then it was off to the kitchen to start slicing, cutting veg. And making salads such as egg salad, tuna and chicken salads and several pizzas all while taking care of customers and cooking on the grill as well.I loved my customers at American red cross they were awesome! But I hated the manager she was a b***h! NOTHING was ever good enough for her and b/c of her I had to leave the job. The Co. is a Good Company to work for I just could not work for someone who does'nt appreciate a good worker. Plus I was told by her that I could NOT go to the bathroom after being in work for just over an hour but she went within 15 mins. after just getting in.
Pros
fast pace job but alot of work.
Cons
was never told to take a break
Big business without the big business feel
Food Service Worker promoted to Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  MassachusettesDecember 3, 2015
Cafe Services has been a great place to work! Management was surprisingly focused on training and development of their staff. My manager always took the time to make sure that I had the tools and resources I needed to be successful in my position and makes sure to give credit where credit is due. As the company has grown quite a bit over the last few years, I still feel like a part of a real team and not just a number. Great team atmosphere and not to mention an incredible break from the typical restaurant hours that I have been working for years because the accounts are open Monday-Friday approximately 6am-3pm. Being able to make weekend plans and have holidays off has been amazing.
Pros
Training & developement, free lunch, Monday - Friday morning hours, paid time off
Cons
Sounds crazy but there is nothing I don't like about my job!
great experience but poor management
food worker (Former Employee) –  bedford, maMay 20, 2015
I worked for Cafe Services for over 5 months and it was a decent experience. I had great coworkers and most of the customers were awesome. However, the management was pretty terrible. I've had all different bosses with different work ethics but my boss at CS didn't seem to care. The manager was rude at times and set a poor example. We were all written up in just one day for ridiculous reasons. My coworker was sporatically fired god knows why and I ended up quitting. The pay sucks and i was promised a different amount of money when I started. I was happy to leave.
Pros
fast-paced, good customers, learning opprotunities
Cons
poor management, lack of care for employees
Big company with small business feel
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 18, 2015
I have been working for Cafe Services for half a year. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. The work is fun and rewarding, I am proud of the product we serve, management is respectful and understanding. Compensation is good and benefits are sound. If you are looking for a 9-5 job in the food service industry that pays well and cares about you and values your position, this is the company to work for. I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone.
Pros
Great work life balance, flexible, fun, free food, good pay/benefits
I loved my job I'd still be there if there wasn't a conflict.
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 6, 2012
I started my job at 6am. I would start with slicing all the meats and cheeses for the day. Then I would make all the salads (tuna, chicken, ect.). I was also responsible for the dessert table. For me the clients were the best part of the job, I got along with them really well. I liked knowing what my customers wanted as soon as I saw them.
Pros
free food and a great boss
Cons
working with the owners children
so-so company to work for
food service worker (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 20, 2015
It's a business that does not care about their employees. Very low starting salary with minimal raises, no benefits except being able to collect unemployment over the summer months. Always concerned about saving money and push their employees to keep doing more and more with no recognition at all
Pros
free school lunch
Cons
no healthcare offered, do not have their employee's backs
Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 18, 2013
Set up breakfast bar, cut fruit, catering-making sandwiches and salads for groups up to 50 people, prep and set up salad bar, cash handeling and customer service, break down salad bar, clean up and washing dishes, good management, team work and working with the public.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long commute
It was a cafe job.
Self-run Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 21, 2013
Worked in a cafe deli. Got to make my own food and lunch was free, but boy were they stingy when it came to making food. What cheap ingredients and the pay was pretty down there.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
bad management.
Dead end
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 8, 2015
On an individual account basis a great place to work good chef and fellow employees. On corporate side under appreciated and micro managed. No room for advancement and you wouldn't want too.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Upper Management
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 11, 2014
Great Schedule
Learned a lot in every area of cafe, and catering.