Cafe Services Employee Reviews in United States

This is why we do what we do!
Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 1, 2016
After working for one of the "big boys" of the F&B world(Aramark), Cafe Services is a breath of fresh air! This company is focused on the food and customer service! How about that for a business dining environment?

With engaged ownership that encourages unit leaders to use their own experience and skill to create food that fits the demographic at each unit, this is a company sure to grow quickly.

The hours are insane! I work Mon-Fri with weekends off! Let that sink in....Weekends off! The company encourages a work-life balance that is unheard of in this business.

I came to this company not remembering why I even worked in this industry, and 2 months in I was reminded why I do what I do. Cafe Services is a fun, fast paced, well paying company with great leadership at all levels. Check it out! You won't regret it!
Pros
Great Leadership creates a culture that trickles down through the ranks, Free lunch, Great benefits.
Cons
Not sure yet!
Big company with small business feel
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 18, 2015
I have been working for Cafe Services for half a year. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. The work is fun and rewarding, I am proud of the product we serve, management is respectful and understanding. Compensation is good and benefits are sound. If you are looking for a 9-5 job in the food service industry that pays well and cares about you and values your position, this is the company to work for. I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone.
Pros
Great work life balance, flexible, fun, free food, good pay/benefits
Big business without the big business feel
Food Service Worker promoted to Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  MassachusettesDecember 3, 2015
Cafe Services has been a great place to work! Management was surprisingly focused on training and development of their staff. My manager always took the time to make sure that I had the tools and resources I needed to be successful in my position and makes sure to give credit where credit is due. As the company has grown quite a bit over the last few years, I still feel like a part of a real team and not just a number. Great team atmosphere and not to mention an incredible break from the typical restaurant hours that I have been working for years because the accounts are open Monday-Friday approximately 6am-3pm. Being able to make weekend plans and have holidays off has been amazing.
Pros
Training & developement, free lunch, Monday - Friday morning hours, paid time off
Cons
Sounds crazy but there is nothing I don't like about my job!
Dead end
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 8, 2015
On an individual account basis a great place to work good chef and fellow employees. On corporate side under appreciated and micro managed. No room for advancement and you wouldn't want too.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Upper Management
so-so company to work for
food service worker (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 20, 2015
It's a business that does not care about their employees. Very low starting salary with minimal raises, no benefits except being able to collect unemployment over the summer months. Always concerned about saving money and push their employees to keep doing more and more with no recognition at all
Pros
free school lunch
Cons
no healthcare offered, do not have their employee's backs
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 11, 2014
Great Schedule
Learned a lot in every area of cafe, and catering.
company was good manager was a crazy b***h!
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 20, 2013
I worked for cafe services for a year and a half I worked very hard. My day started off @ 6:15 with cleaning off the tables in the cafeteria, making lots of coffee, and setting up the cash register, then it was off to the kitchen to start slicing, cutting veg. And making salads such as egg salad, tuna and chicken salads and several pizzas all while taking care of customers and cooking on the grill as well.I loved my customers at American red cross they were awesome! But I hated the manager she was a b***h! NOTHING was ever good enough for her and b/c of her I had to leave the job. The Co. is a Good Company to work for I just could not work for someone who does'nt appreciate a good worker. Plus I was told by her that I could NOT go to the bathroom after being in work for just over an hour but she went within 15 mins. after just getting in.
Pros
fast pace job but alot of work.
Cons
was never told to take a break
Productive and fun workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 18, 2013
Set up breakfast bar, cut fruit, catering-making sandwiches and salads for groups up to 50 people, prep and set up salad bar, cash handeling and customer service, break down salad bar, clean up and washing dishes, good management, team work and working with the public.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long commute
It was a cafe job.
Self-run Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 21, 2013
Worked in a cafe deli. Got to make my own food and lunch was free, but boy were they stingy when it came to making food. What cheap ingredients and the pay was pretty down there.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
bad management.
I loved my job I'd still be there if there wasn't a conflict.
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 6, 2012
I started my job at 6am. I would start with slicing all the meats and cheeses for the day. Then I would make all the salads (tuna, chicken, ect.). I was also responsible for the dessert table. For me the clients were the best part of the job, I got along with them really well. I liked knowing what my customers wanted as soon as I saw them.
Pros
free food and a great boss
Cons
working with the owners children