Cafe Zupas Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Booming Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 20, 2017
This company has a lot of chances for advancement. They invest a lot of time into growing their employees. They have a great training program when they hire someone new.
do not do it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  utahSeptember 7, 2017
I hated every minute i worked here. We were over worked and understaffed. It was very cliquey and it never felt inclusive with other coworkers. Your expected to get a large amount of tasks in a ridiculously short amount of time. You get no breaks, they change your schedule with little to no advance notice. I was told i would work 25 hours max a week and instead was scheduled for 30. Not good if you have a hard time being on your feet constantly. Managment did not communicate clearly and there was little to no communication between team memebers. I quit ASAP.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
no breaks. scheduling sucks. managment is not good
Great place to work if you don't mind a low salary.
Line Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 25, 2017
I love the people that I work with and I love the work that I do. I don't have to work in greesey fast food or anything. However, we all deserve a raise for sure. Taco Bell's starting pay is higher than an advanced Shift Lead's pay. For the kind of work we do and with the amount of money we make every day, we all deserve much better than what we're making.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing people, enjoyable work
Cons
Low salary, no benefits unless you're a manager
The people are great!
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here, simply because of the people. The managers are involved. The place is fast-paced and exciting place to work. There is not a lot of room for advancement.
Worst job ever
Line worker (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 18, 2017
I absolutely hated this job. It was my first job ever and I hated every second of it. I only stayed for a month. Management was a joke, the shifts were ridiculous and they act like if you don't know something you shouldnt ask.
Pros
50% off food... only when you're working
Cons
everything else
One of the hardest management jobs I've had.
Culinary to Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 14, 2017
This company has shown that they struggle to keep employees, and management doesn't give much appreciation to loyal employees. The upper level management is very controlling, making it very hard to have consistency and stability. The way the company is run is just not what I am looking for and or the kind of people I want to give my hard work too.
Was an easy, but fast paced job.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 9, 2017
This job was a good job to get me started in my career, however it wasn't a good opportunity to use my degrees from culinary school. This is a great job for high school students, and beginners in the food industry if they want to begin somewhere small. Very organized, clean, and friendly coworkers and managers.
Fast paced place with delicious food, no benefits and poor management
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 8, 2017
Everything is very scripted and list oriented which is great for high schoolers who are looking for their first jobs as it'll help guide them, but even the managers have scripts to follow. I found this to be troublesome because it doesn't help with empowering employees nor do they think outside the box. People only come in to work, they do not come in to do something they love. Cafe Zupas expect robots and does not promote employees to stand out. Managers and trainers micromanage and will seem like they're listening to you but everything goes out the other ear. There is a high turnover rate and there is no culture. Employees only get 10 minute breaks even if they work a full 8 hour shift, there are no free meals - you are expected to get your meal and devour it all in 10 minutes. Only the 3 in-store managers get full benefits and free meals. The catering coordinator has a set schedule and has to get promoted to a certain level before getting free meals and full benefits but all that is based on catering sales. Even though the coordinator is the 4th manager, oftentimes I felt very left out and like no one took me seriously including the other managers. I do believe there is a lot of potential for this company to grow into something better but it starts with the managers and trainers. If management sucks, your job is going to suck.
Pros
50% off meals when you work
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits for full time employees, poor management
upbeat and fast-paced
Lobby, Cash, Dish (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 25, 2017
everything about the job was list-oriented and very focused. i learned to ask for help when i needed it. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with everything they expected me to do at once. the most enjoyable part of the job were the people that i worked with, i made a lot of friends while working there.
Pros
50% off meals while clocked in
Cons
short breaks, redoing tasks after hours if not found sufficient
A book for everything you do with Sundays off
Boise, Idaho - Line Server, Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 23, 2017
This job is very particular about its image, the way it runs, and the customers it attracts. Workers are expected to perform at a fast pace that yields consistent results. No tattoos or piercings allowed. AM crew starts out at a higher pay rate than PM.
Pros
Sundays off, paid breaks, advancement oppurtunities
Cons
No tattoos/piercings, 3-year non-competitive contract, 6 month commitment
fast paced place to work
Catering driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 19, 2017
Cafe Zupas is always busy! A typical day there for me is getting there and getting catering orders ready as in, making the food, gathering the plates, silver wear, chips, side items, etc. Making sure that we have everything for each specific order before sending it out for delivery. Then I take the deliveries to the specific place on time, and set it up in a appropriate manner. Also after the delivery I go to market to different places to try and get other locations to try and get other companies to cater from us. Then when I get back to the store I help out there by getting soups and whatever the line needs.
Pros
catering
Cons
managment
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJuly 18, 2017
The work place was productive, but was not very fun to work there. The food is great at a affordable price. The hardest part was trying to work with everyone because of how the company was
very nice place to work
Lobby Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2017
Good work environment nice employees and management. Everyone working there had great positive attitudes. This place had secret shoppers and each time was always a 5.
Great Place to Work
Culinary Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 6, 2017
I loved working at Cafe Zupas! It was a placed filled with hard workers and great opportunities. When everyone worked as a team things went extremely smooth. I was one of the shift leaders and the manager and district manager helped me move forward with constant work knowledge. I learned so much! I enjoyed the atmosphere and enjoyed helping out all the customers. We were always very busy which made it so much fun but at times it was stressful for some of the workers. Working in a well organized team allows Cafe Zupas to continue to be successful.
Energetic environment with bright atmosphere
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 26, 2017
- Arrive around 8 or so to begin set up. Beginnings of lunch rush would come around ten or eleven. It never slowed down until around 2.
- How to prepare the salads and sandwiches I loved so much.
- Team leaders. Fun to work with.
- Energetic about good food and customer service.
- Handling the stress and trying to keep up with the pace while trying to remember all the questions and suggestions during the insane rush.
- Discounts on the food.
Pros
Fun environment, engaging.
Cons
Insanely busy, sometimes too much to do and no time, short hours.
Cafe Zupas
Chef / Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
Start at 8 am, set up station, prep ingredients, begin cooking for the day out at 3pm. Management is ok, strives for perfection on a daily basis knowledgable about most aspects of management field. People i work with are incredible makes the day more productive and enjoyable. But all and all a adequate place to work.
Fun environment, and great team members
Line Server/Lobby (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 19, 2017
I Learned how to work in a Fast-paced environment, learn company processes quickly, and how to have a positive outlook when dealing with upset customers.
Pros
Nice co-workers, rewards for doing certain things.
Cons
Short break, some managers, difficult customers.
Good starter job
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 12, 2017
It was a great job to have while in high school. Teaches good responsibility, helps with organization skills and personally helped me overcome being so shy. As a catering manager I was able to talk to people everyday and build relationships with them, which is all the company wants to strive for.
Really outgoing and comfortable place to work
Liner server (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 8, 2017
I loved Working at Cafe Zupas. The managers were really understanding and easy to work with. Everyone on shift was outgoing.
I learned how to worked directly with customers and help them to their needs. I learned how to manage time better, multi task effectively/.
Fast paced friendly environment
Catering Driver/Line Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2017
My experience at Cafe Zupas was an all around positive experience. I enjoyed my job as it was very straight forward, and thoroughly explained. I felt as if i was comfortable working and able to communicate effectively with every team member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Zupas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6