Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas Employer Reviews

Management pretends to care, but falls short on understanding.
Line Server (Former Employee), Sandy, UTSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: discount food (but not free), fairly flexible on personal life.
Cons: management is awful, pay is even worse, they never give raises even when promised.
I honestly used to love this job. But that was before job turnover began, we started losing all the seasoned employees, and I was one of the few left who knew what they were doing. Sadly as others slacked, I had to catch up for them, and when a coworker would shirk one of their duties, I would need to go out of my way to help, and then get yelled at for not having all of my stuff done. And I tried to explain what was going on, but they were convinced I was being lazy. Well it got a bit better, and after about 6 months I felt comfortable and asked for a raise, but instead of giving it to me, they straight up informed me that instead of saying no and letting me decide what to do, they were going to let me go. Hey, but the foods great, that's all they want people to know. (Food really is tasty)
Great first job
Line Server (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great first job, friendly staff and coworkers
Cons: no advancement, not a great pay
Working for Cafe Zupas was great, it gave me a great way into the work force (after taking a leave of absence for school) and was willing to work with my schedule. The management was friendly and understanding for the most part (near the end of my career it took a torn for the worse.) and the coworkers were really friendly not only to one another but to the guests that came in. The pay wasn't great but like I said it's a good first job. As for the job security and advancement you would be better off finding some where else if you were looking to climb the ladder at Cafe Zupas as 90% of their higher up positions would be hired from the outside rather than internal promotions.
Very Fun Place to work
Line Server (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 16, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch, happy environment.
Cons: low wages.
I loved working at Cafe Zupas , it was an amazing experience and the co-workers are great. I do believe that with all the work employees have to do they should be paid more than minimum wage.
Cafe Eh
Line Server (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: you get half off of the food during your shift.
Cons: little to no breaks, horrible pay, management was a joke, no benefits.
When I first started working for Cafe Zupas, it was a good job. The management was great and so were the workers. However, the higher ups decided new management was needed and everything changed for the worse. The new management didn't do their jobs, they would blame the employees for the managers mistakes and they started firing people over made up things.
Fun but low pay.
Line worker, catering driver (Former Employee), West JordanJuly 16, 2013
Pros: half off meals, good hours.
Cons: no breaks, demanding
I worked at Cafe Zupas for almost two years. I loved my manager Britinni! She was so awesome and super nice! The pay sucks and corporate needs to treat their employees better.
Very poor pay, short hours
Delivery driver (Former Employee), ArizonaMay 29, 2013
Pros: cool co-workers
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, poor pay, lack of management
The job would've been okay, the other workers there are pretty cool- but the managers expect you to do everything. The starting pay is minimum and as a shift lead you'll only make $8.50 max. Also, there's no breaks! You can work an 8 to 4 shift and it won't even be offered- if you do ask the managers just roll their eyes. Don't think about any benefits unless you're a manager, and they'll only discount your food IF you eat it there AND it has to be 30 minutes before or after you clock in!

Here's the kicker, if you're a delivery driver you'll always foot the bill for gas!
Poor Management - High performance a very low wage
Line worker (Former Employee), South Jordan/Riverdale/CottonwoodMay 15, 2013
Cafe Zupas is full of great ideas of how to run their company. However they always seem to drop the ball at putting them in action. First of the managers are either under qualified or don't understand the concepts or firm team building. Second it is extremely high performance job the requires people who are able to multitask and keep up under extremely stressful rushes. Third, is the pay you start at minimum wage and have virtually no benefits not even a free meal, and for such a high performance environment its very discouraging. I wouldn't recommend working with this company... at least till they figure out how to accomplish their vision of what they want.
Super FUN, great people!!
Line Server (Current Employee), Draper, UTMarch 13, 2013
Pros: work hours, pay, flexibility
Cons: none!
I have been working as a line server in a Utah store for about 6 months, LOVE my job. The people I work with are great, the management really cares about me and the company has such good values. I am so excited to be apart of a company that is growing and has GREAT food!!!
Sumer Job working at a salad/sandwhich shop
Team Member (Former Employee), American Fork, UTNovember 20, 2012
Pros: half off food, weekly drawings, work partys
This job has to be one of my favorite jobs i have had. It was my first job ever and was only for one summer but it tought me so much. I learned how to work in a fast paced enviroment, learned how to become a team player and learned how to use a register. The co-workers were all nice to you right from the beginning and the staff there was even better. They showed that they actually cared about you. It did get hard at times when we would have a rush come in but when everybody worked together we handled it.
Good place for part time.
line server (Former Employee), Cottonwood Heights, UTOctober 13, 2012
Pros: steady hours and flexible schedule.
Cons: low wages, poor management.
I started working at Cafe Zupas as part time. I soon moved to full time to cover my expenses. From my perspective, and those around me, Cafe Zupas does not treat their employees very well. The pay is low, and the demand is high. I was able to meet the demand, but it was difficult. The management always changed and was either under qualified, or not subordinate friendly.