CAFE Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Junction City, WIAugust 22, 2017
some of the people you work with was the best and we had 2 bosses and the bosses was ok I don't know if I would work for them again new management now
Fun
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMarch 10, 2017
Nice friendly comfortable loving funny place to work everybody gets alone and fit in with each other and just have fun while working and making random people smile daily
Fast, upbeat work area
Becca's Cafe and Bistro (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 6, 2017
The coworkers were always nice and helpful, managers/bosses were understanding, fast paced work area, not very stressful.
Pros
Awesome managers, friendly coworkers, fun workplace
Cons
No benefits
Works hard to be fair and equitable to everyone
director of operations (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 24, 2016
The two reasons I have stayed with Cafe Services longer than any other company in my 20+ year career are the advancement opportunity I've seen and the corporate philosophy that is in place.

What the principals of the company have taught me is that the way their want their business run boils down to one simple concept: make decisions that are as fair as possible to everyone concerned. They want me to look at how every decision will affect every party involved - the customer, the client, the employee, the company - and base the decision on the fairest outcome for all involved. It is not the easiest way to do business, but it is the most effective way to balance a focus on the bottom line with a focus on quality.

It is also a company that truly works to recognize and reward performance. In an industry dominated by large multinational corporation and municipal employees, this is a unique opportunity.
Lots of training available
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  VermontJanuary 17, 2016
The employees were wonderful people to work with. The company does seem to be more focused on New Hampshire than Vermont. Lots of training available.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
felt like a dead end job, to much emphasis on New Hampshire
Working for Cafe
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2015
While working for the Cafe, I enjoyed myself working hard and pleasing teachers. I learned how to deal with rude guest, and how to work under pressure. Overall everything turned out nice and well done.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Working under pressure
Very fun workplace with close-knit coworkers and a friendly environment.
Dishwasher and Pantry Chef (Current Employee) –  Reading, VermontFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at the cafe includes a quick station check before service, catch-up on prep work dishes, and usually fast-paced salad making and dessert plating as pantry chef -- with lots of cleaning if you have a spare moment. So far, I can say that I have learned some small business points such as the following: do not over-prep if you are not guaranteed customers that night, cleanliness is key - even if you think you just have a second, pick up a cloth and some SimpleGreen and wipe something down. It does make a difference in the end.
The management at the cafe is outstanding. The environment and my coworkers are upbeat and fun as well as funny to be around. Everyone's got something to share and laugh about at some point during work. Honestly, the most difficult part of my job is simply getting my salads to stand up tall -- as this is the plating requirement. The most enjoyable part or the part I look forward to the most is when we get quite busy and I get slammed with complicated salad orders and desserts. I love this job. I only wish it were full-time.
Pros
Amazing work environment and supervisor
Cons
Not many hours to be offered since it is strictly a dinner restaurant
Fun, fast paced and productive enviornment
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, SCOctober 22, 2013
I enjoyed working as a waitress at the café. The people were friendly and fun. The co-workers were respectful and easy to get a long with. The hardest part about my job I'd say was losing it because my manager was unable to pay me so I was then unemployed.
Productive and calm place to relax and meet vibrant people
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2013
Sometimes traffic varies a pond weather. Business is still progressing day by day
Wonderful and pleasant
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2013
I grew in this job. Learning on how to be in charge of everything on my own was an amazing feeling.
Pros
customers were so much fun
Cons
store wasn't open for very long
Serving elders and families members was awesome
Head Manger (Former Employee) –  GaihtersburgJanuary 16, 2013
I also enjoy team work here . Very pleasant and fun place to work .