CAFEPRESS Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2017
cafe press is long hours and great pay and you will have alot of motavated people around you so it makes those long hours not feel so bad and it makes time fly before you know it you look at the clock and you just worked 10 hours
No money no career.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
I did like this job in the beginning we would get free lunches and gift cards for getting big orders out on time, there was no room for advancement if you were a lead don't depend on that position,most likely you would be demoted back. The people were ok to work with didn't have too many issues with that. The pay is what I have a problem with, I worked there for almost nine years started out as a temp making nine an hour got hire in three months went up to eleven per hour, after nine years I was making twelve an hour!! Every time I asked for a raise they would have an excuse, I do feel stupid for staying so long with little pay. I know they are not doing too good now but have money to build a new multi million dollar headquarters in Louisville. And I do believe if they can afford a new headquarters , they can afford to increase their employees pay!!
Pros
Free food sometimes.
Cons
No pay increase!
A good stepping stone
Seasonal Assembler/Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2017
I worked during their peek season fulfilling orders. I made refrigerator magnets for 3 weeks, then I went into picking and later ran a printing machine making shirts
Pros
Make quick money
Cons
ALOT of hours
Fun, friendly, cool job
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
Fun. Laid back. Friendly people. Easy job. Catch on quick. Flexible hours. Pick/ pack, shipping/receiving. Machine operator. Press machine, press logos on tshirts, sweatshirts, mugs, hats, socks, underwear, backpacks. Any logo that you want.
Cafepress
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
Temporary job that ended earlier than expected due to the staffing agency hiring way too many people in the weeks before Christmas. Lost December bonus because of this.
CafePress Needs More
GM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta and PhoenixJanuary 5, 2017
It was a strange mix of very good smart people and very political people. With budgetary constraints it was challenging to get anything done.

Great exposure to top brands like Target and Sony though.
Pros
Exposure to large brands
Cons
Political
Fun Place to Work, While It Lasted
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2016
This place has a fun, accepting atmosphere that cultivates talent and stresses the collaborative aspect of my profession.
Fun easy
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2016
My experience at this job was a good one it was temporary job but I worked hard and I loved it.. One of the few jobs I like.. I'm a hard working great job
Great place for software developers
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2016
I'm a software engineer at CafePress and it's a great place to work. Most days start out with a trip to the free cafe where I make an excellent cup of coffee using fresh roasted beans. Then there is a quick status update with the team to discuss any immediate issues. After that it's off to solve whatever challenge I'm faced with for the day. Lunch is usually spent with team mates in the cafe which is stocked with food and snacks, or at one of the restaurants within walking distance of the office. There's a good nerd culture here and no drama between team mates. We're issued high spec laptops and the latest version of tools to get the job done. Management works hard to make sure we have a good work-life balance. The hardest part of the job is what I'm paid to do, solving business problems with smart use of technology.
Pros
current technology, friendly coworkers, challenging, work from home policy
Cons
sometimes chaotic
Productive fun work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2016
Every day I would operate press machine, Pick, pack, ship customers products. Loaded up the employees products sometimes lifting more than 50 pounds .Assisted with assigning material and goods to there locations inside the warehouse. Performed extra related duties as assigned. Stacked and arranged products on pallets.
Great work life balance
Talent Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2016
CafePress has great work life balance and a fun culture. At CafePress you are given the opportunity to try new things and take on different career paths. The benefits are great and people are great.
Pros
work life balance, good benefits
Cons
too many upper level managers
Call center needs to be realigned
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 9, 2016
A typical work day consisted of answer phone calls and e-mails for customers who needed to place orders, cancel orders, exchange items, and refund orders. We also offered support to designers whom utilized website to sell their creations. During my employment, I learned that management was unorganized and there was no room for growth unless you were a manager favorite. Most of the employees were negative for the sole reason that there was no morale boosters, only negativity and constant bad changes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the technical issues with the website and continually have to tell customers "We're sorry, it's a bug in the system and we don't know when it will be fixed." The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining friendships with the coworkers I worked with.
Pros
Kudos incentive to buy merch from the website free with earned buttons.
Cons
Management was never on the same page, changes happen so quickly that it's hard to adjust.
Fun work place with fun things to do
temp (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2016
I love working at CafePress. I love the people that work there that always try and help you when you need help. The bosses are great and the hours are perfect.
Okay.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2015
They'll lay you off after being there for only 3 days. They laid of 2nd shift, 3rd shift during peak season and just laid off 1st shift and swing shift employees... look elsewhere for employment. You'd be wasting you time here.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Poor management, lays off too much
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2015
Management is not consistent. Not enough pay. Occasional overtime offered. Free lunches provided during peak season.
Look elsewhere!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville,KyJune 15, 2015
Schedule is a joke no bonuses even if you hit all your numbers. Manager does not have much knowledge on anything. Only advantage was peak free food.
Pros
Free Food Hour Lunches
Cons
Conflicting training Shows favortisim
WORST place I have ever worked!!!!
Customer Service/Tier 2 Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Management will run around the call center shoot you with nerf guns while yelling at you to get on the phones. They make broken promises to everyone! I would run as far away from this place as possible! This is also a very racist place to work. If you are not a certain color or bff with management then they will try to push you out the door.
Pros
The job itself is very easy
Cons
MANAGEMENT!!!!!
Great people, terrible management.
Senior Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2014
Great coworkers, management in this place is the worst ive seen. Best way to describe it is it's giant circus. Moving up is a giant weird joke.
Pros
Easy job, great coworkers, hour lunch breaks
Cons
HR, terrible management
Production
Production (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day would consist of making coffee mugs and merging orders for the shippers. I learned what is was like to work in a manufacturing setting. The management was not up to par.
Watch your back
N/A (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 18, 2014
Ever changing management and non-appreciative of employees long hours, dedication and hard work. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere for employment. You feel like your only a number and the most important thing is hiring employee who will take the least amount of pay vs. a qualified employee who will actually go above and beyond the call of duty at all times. If you make too much they let you go and replace you with someone who will take less and might not do as good of job. Good luck CafePress companies with all of your entry level staff.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No job security, changing management, your just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAFEPRESS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5