Caine & Weiner Employee Reviews

Stressfull Environment
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 3, 2017
High volume collection call center with good paper to collect on. I enjoyed the management team that was there when I was there but you are constantly micro-managed. This was also a what have you done for me lately place
Call center
Phone Agent/Collector (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91303April 21, 2017
As many call centers Caine & Weiner is very demanding and will terminate employees if they do not meet sales expectations. With 15 workers and only a select amount of people who are willing to pay, it is just a matter of who will get lucky and get those accounts. Management does tend to joke or make fun of less productive workers.
Call center/collections
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 3, 2017
Full-time debt collector/caller. Provided customer support and collection of debt for various clients. Reported/transferred inbound calls and assisted callers.
Caine & Weiner
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 15, 2016
The hardest part is the first week during training. I didn't mind working here because it fit my school schedule so if you're in school, I recommend this job as a fall back plan. My coworkers were easy going but some were able to get away with more than others. The managers are very absent and the supervisors are catty. There is a lot of favoritism and unfairness. This is the kind of company that will keep you until they no longer need you. I've seen in multiple times.
Busy work environment with great people!
HR (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 3, 2016
Caine and Weiner is small office with a lot going on. Call center environment. Work/life balance is good, but pay is average.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 20, 2016
Owner has great visionary skills. Well respected enterprise world wide. Exceptional Management talent to lead to next level. Aggressive company in securing future contracts. Co- workers are exceptional, willing to do whatever it takes to get job done.
Pros
Hard working employees
Cons
Lack of appreciation of employees
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 20, 2016
Highly micromanage, poor training, inconsistencies throughout the company in following rules from management, a lot of pointing of fingers, too much drama. Stress with parking situation.

If nothing is said about work done would be a good thing, but as soon as something goes south, the pointing starts.

The most enjoyable is working with few hard working co-workers.

Much skilled acquired over the years but what mostly learned is what to avoid to years to come.
Pros
working with few co-workers
Cons
no raises
Unprofessional atmosphere. No room for advancement.
Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 26, 2015
Unprofessional atmosphere. No room for advancement.Accomplishments not recognized or noted by management or in annual reviews.
Stable Job
Outsource Operations Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 31, 2015
At work we sit in our own personal cubicles and make several telephone calls to Los Angeles Times subscribers behind on their bill to assist them with payment.
I learned how to speak easier with people, and handle all different types of ever-changing situations.
My supervisors are understanding to our issues as they arise, and are knowledgeable about our various computer systems.
My co-workers and I are all very close friends, as we have worked together for several months. We have time to chat in between calls.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a very irate subscriber who yells at me and won't let me explain their account and assist them with their issues.
But the best part of the day is when we all tally up our payments at closing time and get commission on Saturdays.
Pros
Good co-workers and supervisors
Cons
Short breaks, poor healthcare plan, irate subscribers
upper mgement uncaring about employees
collector (Former Employee) –  Texas officeApril 2, 2014
bilingual and the very 1st collector to join C&W JAN 2013, for the Texas office, was there 14 months, no raises, bad old paper,70 % come with no numbers, can not meet goal, can not bonus, headsets are faulty, my neck constantly hurts from phone on shoulder, then they give a bad monthly report card. NOT RECOMMENDED
Pros
Cons
bad paper, short breaks, faulty headsets, uncaring
Not an employee friendly environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 4, 2013
Fee structure was set to where collectors didn't make good commission. Management didn't like to give raises, employees had to ask for them. I worked in the high balance department, and company was having trouble keeping managers in my dept. Only reason I stayed there is because I was doing good on the paper I was given to work on.
Pros
Weekly cash drawings
Cons
Little commission rates, short breaks, mandatory 4 night shifts a month plus 2 saturdays.
Big company
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  woodland hillsJune 8, 2013
I enjoy collecting im a people person, Caine &Weiner was an experience and im ready to further my carrer.
Pros
good incentive
Cons
poor managment
Fun place to work at
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodland hills, CAMay 6, 2013
This was a fun part time job. It is a call center so you're surrounded by 40 other people calling everyone just like you are. The work was laid out every day, which made it easy to follow. I learned how to communicate with difficult customers, how to persuade people to purchase our new products. The co workers and management were great, they were always there to help and boost you up wen needed. The hardest part of the job was getting through the 2-3 downtime hours when no one would answer the phone, or getting yelled at constatntly by people who refuse to pay their bills.
Pros
Set hours, good pay, easy work, motivation
Cons
Downtime on phones, rude customers
Claims Clark Rep.
Kaiser Claim Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Responsible for reviewing files to determine data accuracy
Created spread sheets and entry logs for the claim reps.
Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for updated health insurance information and guide lines.
Viewing medical records for pricing.
One department was good and the other one was terrible
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 23, 2012
One of Caine & Weiner's clients is a famous newspaper company of which I am not legally allowed to disclose, and collecting in that department was a lot more rewarding and satisfying. I saw a possible opportunity in working for their commercial accounts because the dollar amounts were larger, but did poorly and hardly collected anything there. Also, management on the "newspaper" department trained me thoroughly and I received 3 awards, 3 months in a row. On the commercial side, I received no training and they wondered why I did lousy there.
Pros
good experience on the newspaper side
Cons
lousy experience under commercial dept's management, left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing
I should have looked around a bit longer then I did...
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 14, 2012
I was pretty exited to start my work at C&W back in January of 2011 but after the initial 2 months I started to get frustrated with upper management. I was hired to perform the International sales job and they were pushing me to make 100 calls per day like a telesales rep. I tried to implement various projects, streamlines and other improvements to the international business but to no avail. I know how this business works and there was just nobody listening. Normal sales cycles are around 2 years in the collection industry but I was asked to leave after 11 months. Reason for that I know was we were having a baby and that was too much time taken off in 2012. Sad experience.
Cons
micro managing to the core, unprofessional, no management guidance to speak off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caine & Weiner. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9