Cajon Valley Union School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Seca
Special Education Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 15, 2017
If I could go back in time I would never do this job again. It has changed my life and the way I look at things but it has injured my body. I have had 3 surgeries because of being hurt from this job and kids who have hurt me. The kids don't know they are hurting you so much but they are.
School District environment
Child Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 26, 2017
An excellent District. Working with students and staff in a learning facility. An opportunity to learn new skills and advance your own educational future.
Great experience!
Child Nutrtion Worker l (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 12, 2017
you get to have fun working with the kids and preparing their nutritional meals! I loved the job I did, I was one of five ladies who did the hot prep for elementary schools. I enjoyed the women I worked with!
Pros
GReat fun! Hard work
Cons
Not enough hours
Working with children
Instructional Aide/Special Education Assist. (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CaMarch 24, 2017
A typical day would be assisting a certified teacher/special education teacher in daily curriculum.
I learned to adjust to the childs method of learning to help them succeed.
This job was in San Diego where culture is everywhere.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the same work schedule as my kids school schedule (ie: off for summer)
The hardest part of the job (working with Special Education) was not knowing if we were making a difference.
Teacher and some staff were excellent.
Special Education Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 27, 2017
A principal of mine would handle private personal matters in the wrong way. Office staff was not aware of accommodation for the test they had given for permanent positions. Being a school district who deals with special educated children they were not tollarent of my choice of medicine for my medical condition.
Amazing students that desire your full commitment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Good, strong teachers abound with an amazing commitment to their students. Creativity and love for teaching are evident.
Fun place to work
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Friendly envyroment, teacher are always nice and helpful. Schedule work really good for me being out early in the afternoon, weekend off and holidays.
Pros
Holidays off
For the kids
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work allowed me to encounter many types of physical and mental disabilities in children, this job was entirely enjoyable and I still love to work with children.
Good place to work at
Bilingual Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 30, 2015
Politics play a huge role. Bumping process is not fair. Hiring/interview process very ridiculous. should not be so hard and difficult to obtain job security after being employed a couple of years.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Politics
Cajon Valley Union School District
Special Educational Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CaJune 28, 2013
I assisted special education students, I was a classroom assistance. I learned so much from this job about special education students. How to handle behaviors and different personality types. Patience was a major lesson learned in the job. My co workers were always helpful and amazing. The hardest part of the job was being hit,scratched, and or bit. The most enjoyable part was seeing the change I was an instrumental part of in the childrens lives.
Great place to work while in school and/or a part time job
Assistant P.E. Teacher (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CaliforniaJune 25, 2013
*After school coaching/supervision of middle school students
*Learned about the youth/how to be a positive role model/person for them to be around
*Co-workers are the P.E. teachers of the school, all very nice
*Hardest part were middle school aged individuals bouncing off the walls with energy, adolescence, and thinking they are better than everyone.
*Best part is when you know certain individuals enjoy you as coach and look up to you.
Pros
Great Co-workers, good group of kids
Cons
lack of hours