Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Provides physical therapy services to our patients in accordance to a physician’s written plan of care. These duties may include, but not limited to:
- Gathering and evaluating the therapeutic, rehabilitative, and functional status of a patient, and participate in the development of the total plan of care. Included in this is the evaluation of the home environment.
- Evaluating and assessing patient muscle: strength, gait, mobility, ROM—potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment for the patient.
- Training and demonstrating patients, their families, and caretakers in the use and care of therapeutic equipment and appliances.
- Determine what the physical therapy priorities should be for a patient.
- Report findings (such as change in condition) and reactions to treatment, to the patient’s physician.
Create and execute a physical therapy program in addition to instructing other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with—which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
On occasion, may train patient in the use of prosthetic devices.
Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment goals.
Engaged and integrated in the discharge planning for a patient.
Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment goals as directed by CalCare’s policy and State regulations.
Conducts physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
Provides inservice education and training programs for nursing staff as needed.
Participate in peer consultation processes.
Direct and manage physical therapy assistants in accordance to organizational policy and state regulations.
In some cases, when therapy is the only skilled service, the physical therapist instructs, supervises, and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
The statements above are not an exhaustive list of duties. They are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or masters’ program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization (preferred).
Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the state, if applicable.
Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
CalCare covers: San Francisco—Bay Area: East Bay, South Bay, San Mateo County, San Francisco County, and Contra Costa County. We have professionally trained staff to assist in guiding you towards your future goals. Please send us a message if you’re interested!