Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: perdiem, good benefis
Cons: away from family
rig up and rig is the toughest. once we frac is easy. babysitting equipment. great group of people. Good raises twice a year.
Good safe workplace.
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMarch 20, 2015
I finally have a routine work schedule. This is important for the mind and body. Now driving frac equipment, hazardous loads, and parts. Also relied upon to setup and tear down sand equipment. I have advanced as far as I can go without supervisor position. I enjoy my coworkers, as we do spend a great deal of time together. Looking for stability in a profession. Not looking like the gas and oil industry are it anymore.
good $
Field Technician (Current Employee), Platteville, COMarch 14, 2015
Pros: full week off
Cons: hard to have a life when you are working 2 weeks in a row sometimes 14 hour days, having to work nights
main function of the job is pumping fluid/sand mixture down oil and gas wells.

either show up to rig-up/down, or show up to operate.

rigging up down requires moving iron, connecting or separating iron, rigging in all pumps and other equipments like hoses and chemical lines. operating equipment while going down hole and doing maintenance on pumps and equipment

the job is physical but on par with any construction or landscaping with standing and sitting around at least half the shift.

12hr shift work rotating nights and days, 2 weeks on 1 week off
A great company in a volatile industry
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
I love my job, my company and my co-workers. I have the privilege of working with the field guys all the way up to VPs. No two days are alike, which is perfect for me!
very well organized and room for advancement
Rotational Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Cannot say enough good about Calfrac. The people are wonderful and really do put the family first.Training is provided and there isn't a question that can't or won't be answered. The oil business is very unstable as of this moment.
good pay and benefits
Truck Driver/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Williston, NDJanuary 9, 2015
The job has good pay and benefits with lots of overtime. we as operators would drive equipment to wellsites, rig in the equipment, frac the well and then rig out
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee), San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons: did not come to work here sooner
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Excellent Work Ethic, Serious Sense of Pride and Ownership
Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfield, PADecember 27, 2014
Responsible for day to day ground and equipment operations for high pressure fracturing pumping. Knowledgeable and experienced in operations and trouble shooting of fracturing equipment. Knowledge and experienced in well job design and treating. Responsible for over accountability of equipment and personnel and to ensure all operation of high pressure fracturing pumping is conducted in a environmentally sound and safe process.
Job security, yes. Advancement, maybe
Transport driver, Dispatcher (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: good 'ol boy system
Good old boy system is pretty strong, or at least in San Antonio. Qualified Applicants are looked over for "buddies" regularly. Training is available. Pay is good and compares to other oil service companies. Work is steady as they have grown to 4 crews in this district in just over a year.
Health Safety Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee), Williston,ND.December 3, 2014
Pros: learning more about hse
Cons: being away from the family
To keep all employees safe and motivate them to practice safety at all times.
Logistics driver
logistics (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: no layoffs and good hours
Cons: unqualified people in positions of power and good old boy system.
The logistics department has good management. This department gives u days off when u need them and u mostly go home every night, but if you push your self you could stay out in the truck and make some serious money. Starting pay is aound 17.00 but crazy hours if u want to push yourself (best check was 4700.00 for 15 days before taxes). The culture here is mostly friendly. Cement depatment is also good but they just started the department so they are starting to get work. Logistics divers average around 160 to 190 hours on a full 15 day hitch( your 6 days off affects every other paycheck). They will let u work 12 hours in yard, not like Sanjel which only gives you 8 hours in yard. Schedule here in San Antonio TX is days 15 on and 6 days off and 40.00 perdiem daily when you go to the well site. Frac is hard due to the constant work on valves and seats on pump trucks. If you are frac they always give u a hotel room as long as you live out town, not like Sanjel which gives u 30 days in holtel and after that you need to find a place to rent. They have been hiring people with no cdl's but just the permit and training them in the yard. The yard is 10 minutes from San antonio, which is a very festive city.
Peace Out!
hardest part of the job
Electronic Field Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: overtime and benefits
Cons: very dangerous and hazardous job
Hardest part of the job is that we work 15 or more days strait with 16 or more hours in a day. We travel 4 or more hours away and stay away for how long the job needs or until we are relieved. Job is really hazardous to your health because your exposed to many different toxic chemicals.You work around high pressure lines that hold over 1200 pounds of pressure that can easily break.
Amazing people and great times
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Philipsburg, PAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: hours, people
Cons: training, leadership, hours
Calfrac found me when I got out of the MArines and hired me as an electronic technician. Everyday is a rush, something new happening or changing. Oilfield's not for everyone but if you're willing to put your time in, it will get recognized.
Great place to work.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Converse, TXJune 24, 2014
Company takes care of employees and is always looking for ways to better benefits and make sure employees happy.
Great place to work.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Converse, TXJune 24, 2014
To much responsibility for the money
Night Dispatcher (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 6, 2014
Good stable company, But you have no time for yourself and the money is far from desirable,
If your Good Old Boy You move up.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Beebe, ARApril 24, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: supervisors/ mgmt.
Typical Oilfield Jobs. Hard work, long hours. Decent pay if you figure it on 60-80 hour work weeks. MGT up and down. Typical Preach Safety, but don't dare let it affect job completion.
Sinking ship!! everything has changed poor, poor, poor managment
Frac Operator Lv3 (Current Employee), Williston, NDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: none now!!
Cons: poor management and bad schedule..
Has gone way down hill with changing pay and taking bonuses away. Now they are changing schedule to 16 on 5 off.. Management has really messed up ND district.. They think they can hire locals paying $14.5hr to start!! LMAO.. Walmart pays 20+.. You dont like the schedule leave, they dont care how many experienced hands they lose.. They also cant figure out why they are having more injuries with all the experience gone!! Just a matter of time before they blow someone or several up..
Fine
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Beebe, ARJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Great better than McDonalds, supervisor and technician training was poor.
Great money
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 30, 2013
A company that definitely pays very well but at great cost to the employee. There was no schedule or rotation to speak of and an atmosphere of "work until you drop" was the norm.

About Calfrac Well Services

Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. – Read more

Calfrac Well Services Photos