Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

they provided a lot of training
cement superviser. 2 (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARMay 31, 2017
This company gave me a lot of training on safety and job training that helped me preform my duty in a safe way.This is no a job it is a career. This is a safety frist work environment with a lot of room for growth
Pros
very good paying job
Cons
worked a lot of hours away from family
Great Company
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2017
Always busy with 1,001 different things to do.
Training is always happening
Strong work ethic is a necessity
Many different benefits
Terrific opportunity to meet people
Pros
Many different good aspects to this company
Cons
Job security
Loved This Company
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COMarch 28, 2017
I was sad to be let go due to medical reasons. when i started i was just a office admin. then the position opened up in logistics and i applied. I really enjoyed the time i had with them. Until my medical condition had to render me from working.
Excellent job culture and benefits.
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williston, North DakotaFebruary 14, 2017
Excellent on emphasizing their people, overall culture and customer service. Enjoyed working in many different areas of the U.S. Very good with internal promotion system. Very generous benefit program including health care, dental, eye and assistance with education.
One of the best
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2017
This was and still is one of the best places to work..I left for personal reasons, but always spoke highly of this company. Always proud to tell of my experience.
Pros
The best at compensation and the way they treated employees
Cons
Limited places to pursue work. They were only in 3 basins in the US when i left400, 000
Employee focused
Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAFebruary 4, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement. Great employer provided benefits. They provide boots, gloves, safety glasses, and PPE. Good health benefits and 401k. A great team environment. If you don't mind trading home time for good monetary compensation, it's a great place.
Productive and fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 29, 2016
I was a equipment operator.I run sand,hydration,chemicals,pump maintenance,rig up and rig down,drive equipment
I learn a lot and the Management are very helpful.My co workers are very cool and most enjoyable time is lots of overtime..
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
health care
High paced
Fracturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 30, 2016
Fast paced, long hours, hazardous, demanding, good team of employees, good equipment. Growing in the industry changed the outlook of this company
Poor management, poor pay, insurance not good, no advancement.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 25, 2016
Worked with good staff. Management has no personality. You will never get a raise or advancement. People have worked there for three years and make less money now per hour than when they started.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Lots of them
Very hard work but was taken care of by the management and the company. some of the best employees i have ever worked with
Cement operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 11, 2016
Great company cared about the employees and took care of them. company was very serious about safety. great co workers that had my back
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2016
it is hard work and little to no time with family but if you like to work hard and make good money this the place for you and you will have to work in all weather from blistering hot to shivering cold and in the rain and blizzards. you will work 2 weeks on day shift off a week and then go on 2 weeks night shift and it will continue to go that way your whole career
Short week - long week.
Equipment Frac Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 4, 2015
It's a good company to work for. They have really good benefits and intentions. It's the Oilfields so when the cost of oil goes down they really make cutbacks out there. The only thing I didn't like about the company was the the way the pay period landed.the pay period started on a Sunday and ended the next Sunday. .Company would send you on days off on Wednesday giving you a short week long week, missing out on tons of overtime. Most of the time there's no work for that long week with all the cutbacks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment
Job Security
Divisional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2015
The oil and gas industry is very un-predictable. I believed I was safe working at Calfrac, because I was an engineer in a relatively small company. However, I was laid-off when oil prices dropped to $40/bbl. All in all, it was a great company to work for, however, I feel Calfrac did not communicate a "long term" contingency plan.
Pros
Flexible schedule, direct manager had great communication skills
Cons
Poor long term contingency plan
Great pay, reasonable home time, healthy work environment
Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 12, 2015
Although the hours were long, the benefits and pay made up for it. Worked with some great people. It was honest, hard work. Working outdoors was a plus.
Roller coaster of a industry
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 5, 2015
Not a bad company to work for by any means, safety orientated, compensation was on the lower end and getting any kind of increase only really happened once a year (cost of living). Spent more time away from home than I care to remember.
Pros
benifits, work environment
Cons
hours, lots of travel, low wages
fun coworkers
Frac operator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CONovember 3, 2015
hours fluctuate and sometimes had to stand around in the yard for half a day just to get full pay. Salary with bonuses but dont pay overtime (lawsuit in the progress right now for labor laws against it). Management is pretty good but formens are "old school" and dont want to change or adapt.
Pros
good per diem
Cons
hours
Produtive and fun
BP OP2 (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXOctober 19, 2015
Safe Company to work for they care about there employees. strong work ethics willing to train. expect you to learn all you can and move up the chain of command.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A good company to work for
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 1, 2015
they were a good company and the people i worked with were awsome the pay keept droping and i try to stay with them as long as i could.
everyone works hard
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Fast paced long days but you learn alot fast. Great job if your ready to do the work and can work in hot weather and cold winters.
Fun place to work
Supervisor/HSE coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston NDAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working with people and this company has its ups and downs as do all company's. I think it is all on how a person pushes there self too work hard and have fun doing it. I set the standard for how to enjoy work by bringing a good attitude and zero drama for myself. Everyone else has to make there own choice in what attitude they will bring so don't let anyone bring you down and you will always enjoy work
Pros
Great place to learn different positions.
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.