Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

Very hard work but was taken care of by the management and the company. some of the best employees i have ever worked with
Cement operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 11, 2016
Great company cared about the employees and took care of them. company was very serious about safety. great co workers that had my back
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2016
it is hard work and little to no time with family but if you like to work hard and make good money this the place for you and you will have to work in all weather from blistering hot to shivering cold and in the rain and blizzards. you will work 2 weeks on day shift off a week and then go on 2 weeks night shift and it will continue to go that way your whole career
Short week - long week.
Equipment Frac Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 4, 2015
It's a good company to work for. They have really good benefits and intentions. It's the Oilfields so when the cost of oil goes down they really make cutbacks out there. The only thing I didn't like about the company was the the way the pay period landed.the pay period started on a Sunday and ended the next Sunday. .Company would send you on days off on Wednesday giving you a short week long week, missing out on tons of overtime. Most of the time there's no work for that long week with all the cutbacks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment
Job Security
Divisional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2015
The oil and gas industry is very un-predictable. I believed I was safe working at Calfrac, because I was an engineer in a relatively small company. However, I was laid-off when oil prices dropped to $40/bbl. All in all, it was a great company to work for, however, I feel Calfrac did not communicate a "long term" contingency plan.
Pros
Flexible schedule, direct manager had great communication skills
Cons
Poor long term contingency plan
Great pay, reasonable home time, healthy work environment
Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 12, 2015
Although the hours were long, the benefits and pay made up for it. Worked with some great people. It was honest, hard work. Working outdoors was a plus.
Roller coaster of a industry
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 5, 2015
Not a bad company to work for by any means, safety orientated, compensation was on the lower end and getting any kind of increase only really happened once a year (cost of living). Spent more time away from home than I care to remember.
Pros
benifits, work environment
Cons
hours, lots of travel, low wages
fun coworkers
Frac operator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CONovember 3, 2015
hours fluctuate and sometimes had to stand around in the yard for half a day just to get full pay. Salary with bonuses but dont pay overtime (lawsuit in the progress right now for labor laws against it). Management is pretty good but formens are "old school" and dont want to change or adapt.
Pros
good per diem
Cons
hours
Produtive and fun
BP OP2 (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXOctober 19, 2015
Safe Company to work for they care about there employees. strong work ethics willing to train. expect you to learn all you can and move up the chain of command.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
A good company to work for
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 1, 2015
they were a good company and the people i worked with were awsome the pay keept droping and i try to stay with them as long as i could.
everyone works hard
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Fast paced long days but you learn alot fast. Great job if your ready to do the work and can work in hot weather and cold winters.
Fun place to work
Supervisor/HSE coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston NDAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working with people and this company has its ups and downs as do all company's. I think it is all on how a person pushes there self too work hard and have fun doing it. I set the standard for how to enjoy work by bringing a good attitude and zero drama for myself. Everyone else has to make there own choice in what attitude they will bring so don't let anyone bring you down and you will always enjoy work
Pros
Great place to learn different positions.
Cons
Travel
Fast paced and always changing environment
Technical Specialist in Training 2 (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 8, 2015
Typically, I am out in the field as the engineer on site when we are frac'ing. I interpret real time data. Also, I make suggestions so as to not screen out/pressure out or troubleshoot problems that arise and in charge of the fluid system to ensure its quality and that it will carry sand. The job requires your full and utmost attention constantly; you never know when what is coming next. Boring is considered good because then that means things are going smoothly and good. I am constantly learning something new about frac'ing, formations, and the fluid systems.
Great Company
Chemist/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 4, 2015
Great pay. Organized and professional . High safety standards. Great benefits.401K plans. Management takes real good care of their employees.
Work Family
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bebee ArJuly 28, 2015
This was my first opportunity at a lead position and they took a chance on me. I had all the support and training to succeed in this position. I was responsible for 3 full frac spreads and a 8 man crew to maintain it in the shop and field. I learned how to deal with people in a new way to get the results needed to get the job done. work family was great we pulled together early on and made it a great place to work. the hardest part was the long hours away from home and family.
Great company to work for
Warehouse/Bulk Operator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Calfrac. I thought they were always fair to me and treated me good. There is no other company I'd rather work for than Calfrac. When times are good they definitely show that they appreciate their employees. There were a lot of people who take advantage of everything this company has done for them. People are always going to want more, not everyone will be happy. I would work for them again in a heart beat.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 30, 2015
Overall Calfrac is a good place to work but unfortunately they are cutting jobs because of the oil/gas prices here in Arkansas.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
market based
Great company and Leaders
Frac (Current Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 29, 2015
I worked there for awhile everyone was easy to get along with and listened when you had a suggestion or question safety was strong part of company culture. The hardest part of the job was rigging up or down but seldom did you work alone everyone was a team player and made the day enjoyable.
Pros
great schedule, decent pay
Cons
occasional travel
Good Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 14, 2015
A great company to work for. Everyone there is kind and helpful. They truly care for their employees and about their employees happiness.
unpleasan
accoutning (Former Employee) –  denver coJune 8, 2015
No opportunity for growth, friends of friends managing and management is untrust worthy. none thing more to say.

Day to day is rebotic, no challenge no goals no future
Cons
worse oilfield service company!
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 7, 2015
overworked and underpaid ,get screwed on your overtime because of the pay schedule! low morale on the crew, company expects you to dedicate your life with no incentive to work towards. lowest paid out of the oilfield fracturing services, management promises raises but doesn't deliver on their promises!
Pros
6 days off every 15 days
Cons
no life, poor management!