Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Beebe, ARJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: market based
Overall Calfrac is a good place to work but unfortunately they are cutting jobs because of the oil/gas prices here in Arkansas.
Great company and Leaders
Frac (Current Employee), Beebe, ARJune 29, 2015
Pros: great schedule, decent pay
Cons: occasional travel
I worked there for awhile everyone was easy to get along with and listened when you had a suggestion or question safety was strong part of company culture. The hardest part of the job was rigging up or down but seldom did you work alone everyone was a team player and made the day enjoyable.
Good Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Williston, NDJune 14, 2015
A great company to work for. Everyone there is kind and helpful. They truly care for their employees and about their employees happiness.
unpleasan
accoutning (Former Employee), denver coJune 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
No opportunity for growth, friends of friends managing and management is untrust worthy. none thing more to say.

Day to day is rebotic, no challenge no goals no future
worse oilfield service company!
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee), Platteville, COJune 7, 2015
Pros: 6 days off every 15 days
Cons: no life, poor management!
overworked and underpaid ,get screwed on your overtime because of the pay schedule! low morale on the crew, company expects you to dedicate your life with no incentive to work towards. lowest paid out of the oilfield fracturing services, management promises raises but doesn't deliver on their promises!
Calfrac Well Services
Technical Specialist in Training (Field Engineer) (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAJune 3, 2015
The typical work schedule is 15 days working and 6 days off. You switch between working the night shift and the day shift after each 15-day rotation. You will learn a lot about hydraulic fracturing and other aspects of the well service industry. The management is generally fair with requests. Most of the co-workers are easy to work with as you work together for over 12 hours a day for 15 days. The hardest parts of the job are working in brutal weather conditions, the time away from home and the mandatory work on holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships and experience you gain from the long work schedule.
interesting
Instrumentation and Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Grand PrairieJune 1, 2015
immediate management needs work and a better knowledge base of how to run a large diverse crew of workers. The scare tactics were unnecessary
Great Job
Frac Operator (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2015
Work was consistent till we were Laid off. Management was extremely polite and helpful. Co-workers were also very friendly and easy to get along with. Only downside was being gone all the time.
I love my job, but no longer feel secure
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 20, 2015
There has been a drastic decline in the security of the company. When I started, it was my dream job and I felt very secure. Every few weeks since, they have taken away more and more benefits.
Very Productive and informational Career
Equipment Operator I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Difficult but very rewarding job. Definitely a career to follow if you want to provide plenty for your family and loved ones. Could be hard if you have kids cause you're away a lot but in the end able to give them everything they want.
Good Place to work
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee), Beebe, ARMay 5, 2015
Good Place to work. Oil and gas company so does have its high out puts of work and low points of work. overall a five out of five stars.
Long hours and dangerous job. However, alot of time spent outside and very close friendships are built due to the amount of time spent with crew.
Treater/Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfeild, PA and ColoradoApril 29, 2015
Pros: Sometimes lunch is catered, Good friends, Alot of beautiful countryside.
Cons: Long hours, Long periods away from home, harsh weather conditions, Dangerous
You wake up early and go to sleep late. Upon waking around 3-4 A.M. meet up with crew and travel to location/ well site. Due to early and late hours food and lunch for the day is usually purchased from gas station or convenience store on the way. Upon arrival on location there is a safety meeting conducted in which all hazards and job plans are identified to crew and all third party representatives. Complete twelve hour shift on location including long hours of physical labor and harsh weather conditions. Great company to work for. I would have to say the best Company I have worked for. More so geared towards younger and single people who don't have an immediate family at home.
it was ok
Level 3 Operator (Current Employee), Williston NDApril 28, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: mancamp was the worst I've ever been in
typical oilfield company. no moving up unless you belonged to the club and they like to not tell you anything until the last minute
Good job where you get a lot of hands on experience.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Beebe, ArkansasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good management and co-workers.
Cons: Technical Training is minimal.
Lots of hands on experience and surrounded by good co-workers.
Good pay and benefits.
Lacking in technical training.
Had some really long days and worked some really long hours, and had some other days where it wasn't so bad. Very dependent on the market, both local and global.
very good group of people to work with
Op.3 (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: per-diem, days off, family time
Cons: well it's the oilfield, very unpredictable when things slow down.
I've learned that Calfrac is a family oriented work place. Unlike some companies treating you like a number. As long as you work hard, and show up on time and manage your priorities. It's not bad.
Around the clock 7 days a week to provide safe performance while upholding tremendous quality in gas well services
Rig-up Driver (Former Employee), Smithfield, PaApril 9, 2015
Worked a regular 12 hour shift each day to transport various trucks(overweight pumps, hazardous bulk trailers, flatbed, etc.)
Efficiently plan the order of trips and properly pretrip each vehicle.
Great people, struggling industry
Frac Ground Supervisor/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Beebe, ARApril 8, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: struggling industry
I am accustomed to hard work and long hours while working my way up the ranks in the oilfield. As a trainer/supervisor I understand the importance of job safety and production. Unfortunately Fracturing is part of a struggling industry, with reduced pay and a uncertain future in Arkansas.
Good company to work for.
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Safety and Quality bonuses
Cons: Not home for too many holidays.
Decent management and the pay is better than competitors. They pay bonuses. I do not have many complaints. You will earn your keep here.
fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: perdiem, good benefis
Cons: away from family
rig up and rig is the toughest. once we frac is easy. babysitting equipment. great group of people. Good raises twice a year.
Good safe workplace.
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMarch 20, 2015
I finally have a routine work schedule. This is important for the mind and body. Now driving frac equipment, hazardous loads, and parts. Also relied upon to setup and tear down sand equipment. I have advanced as far as I can go without supervisor position. I enjoy my coworkers, as we do spend a great deal of time together. Looking for stability in a profession. Not looking like the gas and oil industry are it anymore.

1 2 3

About Calfrac Well Services

Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. – Read more

Calfrac Well Services Salaries

$75,000 per year
Electronic Technician
$90,000 per year

Calfrac Well Services Photos

Rigging in on a new location!