Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews in United States

Short week - long week.
Equipment Frac Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 4, 2015
It's a good company to work for. They have really good benefits and intentions. It's the Oilfields so when the cost of oil goes down they really make cutbacks out there. The only thing I didn't like about the company was the the way the pay period landed.the pay period started on a Sunday and ended the next Sunday. .Company would send you on days off on Wednesday giving you a short week long week, missing out on tons of overtime. Most of the time there's no work for that long week with all the cutbacks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment
fun coworkers
Frac operator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CONovember 3, 2015
hours fluctuate and sometimes had to stand around in the yard for half a day just to get full pay. Salary with bonuses but dont pay overtime (lawsuit in the progress right now for labor laws against it). Management is pretty good but formens are "old school" and dont want to change or adapt.
Pros
good per diem
Cons
hours
Roller coaster of a industry
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 5, 2015
Not a bad company to work for by any means, safety orientated, compensation was on the lower end and getting any kind of increase only really happened once a year (cost of living). Spent more time away from home than I care to remember.
Pros
benifits, work environment
Cons
hours, lots of travel, low wages
Great pay, reasonable home time, healthy work environment
Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 12, 2015
Although the hours were long, the benefits and pay made up for it. Worked with some great people. It was honest, hard work. Working outdoors was a plus.
worse oilfield service company!
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 7, 2015
overworked and underpaid ,get screwed on your overtime because of the pay schedule! low morale on the crew, company expects you to dedicate your life with no incentive to work towards. lowest paid out of the oilfield fracturing services, management promises raises but doesn't deliver on their promises!
Pros
6 days off every 15 days
Cons
no life, poor management!
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2016
it is hard work and little to no time with family but if you like to work hard and make good money this the place for you and you will have to work in all weather from blistering hot to shivering cold and in the rain and blizzards. you will work 2 weeks on day shift off a week and then go on 2 weeks night shift and it will continue to go that way your whole career
Great Company
Chemist/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 4, 2015
Great pay. Organized and professional . High safety standards. Great benefits.401K plans. Management takes real good care of their employees.
Good job where you get a lot of hands on experience.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beebe, ArkansasApril 14, 2015
Lots of hands on experience and surrounded by good co-workers.
Good pay and benefits.
Lacking in technical training.
Had some really long days and worked some really long hours, and had some other days where it wasn't so bad. Very dependent on the market, both local and global.
Pros
Good management and co-workers.
Cons
Technical Training is minimal.
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Pros
great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons
did not come to work here sooner
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 30, 2015
Overall Calfrac is a good place to work but unfortunately they are cutting jobs because of the oil/gas prices here in Arkansas.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
market based
I love my job, but no longer feel secure
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 20, 2015
There has been a drastic decline in the security of the company. When I started, it was my dream job and I felt very secure. Every few weeks since, they have taken away more and more benefits.
Fun place to work
Supervisor/HSE coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston NDAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working with people and this company has its ups and downs as do all company's. I think it is all on how a person pushes there self too work hard and have fun doing it. I set the standard for how to enjoy work by bringing a good attitude and zero drama for myself. Everyone else has to make there own choice in what attitude they will bring so don't let anyone bring you down and you will always enjoy work
Pros
Great place to learn different positions.
Cons
Travel
Job Security
Divisional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2015
The oil and gas industry is very un-predictable. I believed I was safe working at Calfrac, because I was an engineer in a relatively small company. However, I was laid-off when oil prices dropped to $40/bbl. All in all, it was a great company to work for, however, I feel Calfrac did not communicate a "long term" contingency plan.
Pros
Flexible schedule, direct manager had great communication skills
Cons
Poor long term contingency plan
fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
rig up and rig is the toughest. once we frac is easy. babysitting equipment. great group of people. Good raises twice a year.
Pros
perdiem, good benefis
Cons
away from family
hardest part of the job
Electronic Field Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2014
Hardest part of the job is that we work 15 or more days strait with 16 or more hours in a day. We travel 4 or more hours away and stay away for how long the job needs or until we are relieved. Job is really hazardous to your health because your exposed to many different toxic chemicals.You work around high pressure lines that hold over 1200 pounds of pressure that can easily break.
Pros
overtime and benefits
Cons
very dangerous and hazardous job
Has been a good experience but Im concerned about where the company is going.
Frac Hand / Level 3 Operator (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COJanuary 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for Calfrac for the last year and a half, but lately the company has slowed down quite a bit. Calfrac is also changing its pay structure to hourly, as opposed to a salary with frac bonus's. This really takes out the oppertunitty to make good money. Im confident that the change is going to drop my yearly income 10 to 15 grand a year.
Alot of the time I feel the pump hands are standing around in the yard with no direction after all the pump maintence is done.
Work Family
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bebee ArJuly 28, 2015
This was my first opportunity at a lead position and they took a chance on me. I had all the support and training to succeed in this position. I was responsible for 3 full frac spreads and a 8 man crew to maintain it in the shop and field. I learned how to deal with people in a new way to get the results needed to get the job done. work family was great we pulled together early on and made it a great place to work. the hardest part was the long hours away from home and family.
Calfrac Well Services
Technical Specialist in Training (Field Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJune 3, 2015
The typical work schedule is 15 days working and 6 days off. You switch between working the night shift and the day shift after each 15-day rotation. You will learn a lot about hydraulic fracturing and other aspects of the well service industry. The management is generally fair with requests. Most of the co-workers are easy to work with as you work together for over 12 hours a day for 15 days. The hardest parts of the job are working in brutal weather conditions, the time away from home and the mandatory work on holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships and experience you gain from the long work schedule.
Long hours and dangerous job. However, alot of time spent outside and very close friendships are built due to the amount of time spent with crew.
Treater/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithfeild, PA and ColoradoApril 29, 2015
You wake up early and go to sleep late. Upon waking around 3-4 A.M. meet up with crew and travel to location/ well site. Due to early and late hours food and lunch for the day is usually purchased from gas station or convenience store on the way. Upon arrival on location there is a safety meeting conducted in which all hazards and job plans are identified to crew and all third party representatives. Complete twelve hour shift on location including long hours of physical labor and harsh weather conditions. Great company to work for. I would have to say the best Company I have worked for. More so geared towards younger and single people who don't have an immediate family at home.
Pros
Sometimes lunch is catered, Good friends, Alot of beautiful countryside.
Cons
Long hours, Long periods away from home, harsh weather conditions, Dangerous
Fast paced and always changing environment
Technical Specialist in Training 2 (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 8, 2015
Typically, I am out in the field as the engineer on site when we are frac'ing. I interpret real time data. Also, I make suggestions so as to not screen out/pressure out or troubleshoot problems that arise and in charge of the fluid system to ensure its quality and that it will carry sand. The job requires your full and utmost attention constantly; you never know when what is coming next. Boring is considered good because then that means things are going smoothly and good. I am constantly learning something new about frac'ing, formations, and the fluid systems.