Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor pay, insurance not good, no advancement.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 25, 2016
Worked with good staff. Management has no personality. You will never get a raise or advancement. People have worked there for three years and make less money now per hour than when they started.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Lots of them
Excellent job culture and benefits.
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williston, North DakotaFebruary 14, 2017
Excellent on emphasizing their people, overall culture and customer service. Enjoyed working in many different areas of the U.S. Very good with internal promotion system. Very generous benefit program including health care, dental, eye and assistance with education.
Employee focused
Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAFebruary 4, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement. Great employer provided benefits. They provide boots, gloves, safety glasses, and PPE. Good health benefits and 401k. A great team environment. If you don't mind trading home time for good monetary compensation, it's a great place.
One of the best
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2017
This was and still is one of the best places to work..I left for personal reasons, but always spoke highly of this company. Always proud to tell of my experience.
Pros
The best at compensation and the way they treated employees
Cons
Limited places to pursue work. They were only in 3 basins in the US when i left400, 000
Productive and fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 29, 2016
I was a equipment operator.I run sand,hydration,chemicals,pump maintenance,rig up and rig down,drive equipment
I learn a lot and the Management are very helpful.My co workers are very cool and most enjoyable time is lots of overtime..
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
health care
High paced
Fracturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 30, 2016
Fast paced, long hours, hazardous, demanding, good team of employees, good equipment. Growing in the industry changed the outlook of this company
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2016
it is hard work and little to no time with family but if you like to work hard and make good money this the place for you and you will have to work in all weather from blistering hot to shivering cold and in the rain and blizzards. you will work 2 weeks on day shift off a week and then go on 2 weeks night shift and it will continue to go that way your whole career
Loved This Company
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COMarch 28, 2017
I was sad to be let go due to medical reasons. when i started i was just a office admin. then the position opened up in logistics and i applied. I really enjoyed the time i had with them. Until my medical condition had to render me from working.
worse oilfield service company!
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 7, 2015
overworked and underpaid ,get screwed on your overtime because of the pay schedule! low morale on the crew, company expects you to dedicate your life with no incentive to work towards. lowest paid out of the oilfield fracturing services, management promises raises but doesn't deliver on their promises!
Pros
6 days off every 15 days
Cons
no life, poor management!
Very hard work but was taken care of by the management and the company. some of the best employees i have ever worked with
Cement operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 11, 2016
Great company cared about the employees and took care of them. company was very serious about safety. great co workers that had my back
Good job where you get a lot of hands on experience.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beebe, ArkansasApril 14, 2015
Lots of hands on experience and surrounded by good co-workers.
Good pay and benefits.
Lacking in technical training.
Had some really long days and worked some really long hours, and had some other days where it wasn't so bad. Very dependent on the market, both local and global.
Pros
Good management and co-workers.
Cons
Technical Training is minimal.
fun coworkers
Frac operator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CONovember 3, 2015
hours fluctuate and sometimes had to stand around in the yard for half a day just to get full pay. Salary with bonuses but dont pay overtime (lawsuit in the progress right now for labor laws against it). Management is pretty good but formens are "old school" and dont want to change or adapt.
Pros
good per diem
Cons
hours
Short week - long week.
Equipment Frac Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 4, 2015
It's a good company to work for. They have really good benefits and intentions. It's the Oilfields so when the cost of oil goes down they really make cutbacks out there. The only thing I didn't like about the company was the the way the pay period landed.the pay period started on a Sunday and ended the next Sunday. .Company would send you on days off on Wednesday giving you a short week long week, missing out on tons of overtime. Most of the time there's no work for that long week with all the cutbacks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Pros
Great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Did not come to work here sooner
Calfrac Well Services
Technical Specialist in Training (Field Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJune 3, 2015
The typical work schedule is 15 days working and 6 days off. You switch between working the night shift and the day shift after each 15-day rotation. You will learn a lot about hydraulic fracturing and other aspects of the well service industry. The management is generally fair with requests. Most of the co-workers are easy to work with as you work together for over 12 hours a day for 15 days. The hardest parts of the job are working in brutal weather conditions, the time away from home and the mandatory work on holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships and experience you gain from the long work schedule.
Logistics driver
logistics (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
The logistics department has good management. This department gives u days off when u need them and u mostly go home every night, but if you push your self you could stay out in the truck and make some serious money. Starting pay is aound 17.00 but crazy hours if u want to push yourself (best check was 4700.00 for 15 days before taxes). The culture here is mostly friendly. Cement depatment is also good but they just started the department so they are starting to get work. Logistics divers average around 160 to 190 hours on a full 15 day hitch( your 6 days off affects every other paycheck). They will let u work 12 hours in yard, not like Sanjel which only gives you 8 hours in yard. Schedule here in San Antonio TX is days 15 on and 6 days off and 40.00 perdiem daily when you go to the well site. Frac is hard due to the constant work on valves and seats on pump trucks. If you are frac they always give u a hotel room as long as you live out town, not like Sanjel which gives u 30 days in holtel and after that you need to find a place to rent. They have been hiring people with no cdl's but just the permit and training them in the yard. The yard is 10 minutes from San antonio, which is a very festive city.
Peace Out!
Pros
No layoffs and good hours
Cons
Unqualified people in positions of power and good old boy system.
Long hours and dangerous job. However, alot of time spent outside and very close friendships are built due to the amount of time spent with crew.
Treater/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithfeild, PA and ColoradoApril 29, 2015
You wake up early and go to sleep late. Upon waking around 3-4 A.M. meet up with crew and travel to location/ well site. Due to early and late hours food and lunch for the day is usually purchased from gas station or convenience store on the way. Upon arrival on location there is a safety meeting conducted in which all hazards and job plans are identified to crew and all third party representatives. Complete twelve hour shift on location including long hours of physical labor and harsh weather conditions. Great company to work for. I would have to say the best Company I have worked for. More so geared towards younger and single people who don't have an immediate family at home.
Pros
Sometimes lunch is catered, Good friends, Alot of beautiful countryside.
Cons
Long hours, Long periods away from home, harsh weather conditions, Dangerous
Great Company
Chemist/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 4, 2015
Great pay. Organized and professional . High safety standards. Great benefits.401K plans. Management takes real good care of their employees.
Fun place to work
Supervisor/HSE coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston NDAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy working with people and this company has its ups and downs as do all company's. I think it is all on how a person pushes there self too work hard and have fun doing it. I set the standard for how to enjoy work by bringing a good attitude and zero drama for myself. Everyone else has to make there own choice in what attitude they will bring so don't let anyone bring you down and you will always enjoy work
Pros
Great place to learn different positions.
Cons
Travel
Roller coaster of a industry
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 5, 2015
Not a bad company to work for by any means, safety orientated, compensation was on the lower end and getting any kind of increase only really happened once a year (cost of living). Spent more time away from home than I care to remember.
Pros
benifits, work environment
Cons
hours, lots of travel, low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.

77%