Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor pay, insurance not good, no advancement.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 25, 2016
Worked with good staff. Management has no personality. You will never get a raise or advancement. People have worked there for three years and make less money now per hour than when they started.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Lots of them
Short week - long week.
Equipment Frac Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 4, 2015
It's a good company to work for. They have really good benefits and intentions. It's the Oilfields so when the cost of oil goes down they really make cutbacks out there. The only thing I didn't like about the company was the the way the pay period landed.the pay period started on a Sunday and ended the next Sunday. .Company would send you on days off on Wednesday giving you a short week long week, missing out on tons of overtime. Most of the time there's no work for that long week with all the cutbacks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable work environment
Productive and fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 29, 2016
I was a equipment operator.I run sand,hydration,chemicals,pump maintenance,rig up and rig down,drive equipment
I learn a lot and the Management are very helpful.My co workers are very cool and most enjoyable time is lots of overtime..
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
health care
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2016
it is hard work and little to no time with family but if you like to work hard and make good money this the place for you and you will have to work in all weather from blistering hot to shivering cold and in the rain and blizzards. you will work 2 weeks on day shift off a week and then go on 2 weeks night shift and it will continue to go that way your whole career
High paced
Fracturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 30, 2016
Fast paced, long hours, hazardous, demanding, good team of employees, good equipment. Growing in the industry changed the outlook of this company
fun coworkers
Frac operator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, CONovember 3, 2015
hours fluctuate and sometimes had to stand around in the yard for half a day just to get full pay. Salary with bonuses but dont pay overtime (lawsuit in the progress right now for labor laws against it). Management is pretty good but formens are "old school" and dont want to change or adapt.
Pros
good per diem
Cons
hours
Roller coaster of a industry
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 5, 2015
Not a bad company to work for by any means, safety orientated, compensation was on the lower end and getting any kind of increase only really happened once a year (cost of living). Spent more time away from home than I care to remember.
Pros
benifits, work environment
Cons
hours, lots of travel, low wages
Very hard work but was taken care of by the management and the company. some of the best employees i have ever worked with
Cement operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 11, 2016
Great company cared about the employees and took care of them. company was very serious about safety. great co workers that had my back
Great pay, reasonable home time, healthy work environment
Equipment Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PANovember 12, 2015
Although the hours were long, the benefits and pay made up for it. Worked with some great people. It was honest, hard work. Working outdoors was a plus.
worse oilfield service company!
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COJune 7, 2015
overworked and underpaid ,get screwed on your overtime because of the pay schedule! low morale on the crew, company expects you to dedicate your life with no incentive to work towards. lowest paid out of the oilfield fracturing services, management promises raises but doesn't deliver on their promises!
Pros
6 days off every 15 days
Cons
no life, poor management!
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Pros
Great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Did not come to work here sooner
Good job where you get a lot of hands on experience.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beebe, ArkansasApril 14, 2015
Lots of hands on experience and surrounded by good co-workers.
Good pay and benefits.
Lacking in technical training.
Had some really long days and worked some really long hours, and had some other days where it wasn't so bad. Very dependent on the market, both local and global.
Pros
Good management and co-workers.
Cons
Technical Training is minimal.
Has been a good experience but Im concerned about where the company is going.
Frac Hand / Level 3 Operator (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COJanuary 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for Calfrac for the last year and a half, but lately the company has slowed down quite a bit. Calfrac is also changing its pay structure to hourly, as opposed to a salary with frac bonus's. This really takes out the oppertunitty to make good money. Im confident that the change is going to drop my yearly income 10 to 15 grand a year.
Alot of the time I feel the pump hands are standing around in the yard with no direction after all the pump maintence is done.
Great Company
Chemist/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAAugust 4, 2015
Great pay. Organized and professional . High safety standards. Great benefits.401K plans. Management takes real good care of their employees.
hardest part of the job
Electronic Field Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2014
Hardest part of the job is that we work 15 or more days strait with 16 or more hours in a day. We travel 4 or more hours away and stay away for how long the job needs or until we are relieved. Job is really hazardous to your health because your exposed to many different toxic chemicals.You work around high pressure lines that hold over 1200 pounds of pressure that can easily break.
Pros
overtime and benefits
Cons
very dangerous and hazardous job
I love my job, but no longer feel secure
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 20, 2015
There has been a drastic decline in the security of the company. When I started, it was my dream job and I felt very secure. Every few weeks since, they have taken away more and more benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 30, 2015
Overall Calfrac is a good place to work but unfortunately they are cutting jobs because of the oil/gas prices here in Arkansas.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
market based
fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
rig up and rig is the toughest. once we frac is easy. babysitting equipment. great group of people. Good raises twice a year.
Pros
perdiem, good benefis
Cons
away from family
good pay and benefits
Truck Driver/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 9, 2015
The job has good pay and benefits with lots of overtime. we as operators would drive equipment to wellsites, rig in the equipment, frac the well and then rig out
Great Money Lots of Travel
Frac Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 19, 2012
Calfrac is a great place to work. It offers excellent pay and benefits and lots of travel if you're looking to see some of the colder states. 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off.schedule.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not at home alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.