Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

interesting
Instrumentation and Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Grand PrairieJune 1, 2015
immediate management needs work and a better knowledge base of how to run a large diverse crew of workers. The scare tactics were unnecessary
Great Job
Frac Operator (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 27, 2015
Work was consistent till we were Laid off. Management was extremely polite and helpful. Co-workers were also very friendly and easy to get along with. Only downside was being gone all the time.
I love my job, but no longer feel secure
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 20, 2015
There has been a drastic decline in the security of the company. When I started, it was my dream job and I felt very secure. Every few weeks since, they have taken away more and more benefits.
Very Productive and informational Career
Equipment Operator I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Difficult but very rewarding job. Definitely a career to follow if you want to provide plenty for your family and loved ones. Could be hard if you have kids cause you're away a lot but in the end able to give them everything they want.
Good Place to work
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee), Beebe, ARMay 5, 2015
Good Place to work. Oil and gas company so does have its high out puts of work and low points of work. overall a five out of five stars.
Long hours and dangerous job. However, alot of time spent outside and very close friendships are built due to the amount of time spent with crew.
Treater/Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfeild, PA and ColoradoApril 29, 2015
Pros: Sometimes lunch is catered, Good friends, Alot of beautiful countryside.
Cons: Long hours, Long periods away from home, harsh weather conditions, Dangerous
You wake up early and go to sleep late. Upon waking around 3-4 A.M. meet up with crew and travel to location/ well site. Due to early and late hours food and lunch for the day is usually purchased from gas station or convenience store on the way. Upon arrival on location there is a safety meeting conducted in which all hazards and job plans are identified to crew and all third party representatives. Complete twelve hour shift on location including long hours of physical labor and harsh weather conditions. Great company to work for. I would have to say the best Company I have worked for. More so geared towards younger and single people who don't have an immediate family at home.
it was ok
Level 3 Operator (Current Employee), Williston NDApril 28, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: mancamp was the worst I've ever been in
typical oilfield company. no moving up unless you belonged to the club and they like to not tell you anything until the last minute
Good job where you get a lot of hands on experience.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Beebe, ArkansasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good management and co-workers.
Cons: Technical Training is minimal.
Lots of hands on experience and surrounded by good co-workers.
Good pay and benefits.
Lacking in technical training.
Had some really long days and worked some really long hours, and had some other days where it wasn't so bad. Very dependent on the market, both local and global.
very good group of people to work with
Op.3 (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: per-diem, days off, family time
Cons: well it's the oilfield, very unpredictable when things slow down.
I've learned that Calfrac is a family oriented work place. Unlike some companies treating you like a number. As long as you work hard, and show up on time and manage your priorities. It's not bad.
Around the clock 7 days a week to provide safe performance while upholding tremendous quality in gas well services
Rig-up Driver (Former Employee), Smithfield, PaApril 9, 2015
Worked a regular 12 hour shift each day to transport various trucks(overweight pumps, hazardous bulk trailers, flatbed, etc.)
Efficiently plan the order of trips and properly pretrip each vehicle.
Great people, struggling industry
Frac Ground Supervisor/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Beebe, ARApril 8, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: struggling industry
I am accustomed to hard work and long hours while working my way up the ranks in the oilfield. As a trainer/supervisor I understand the importance of job safety and production. Unfortunately Fracturing is part of a struggling industry, with reduced pay and a uncertain future in Arkansas.
Good company to work for.
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Safety and Quality bonuses
Cons: Not home for too many holidays.
Decent management and the pay is better than competitors. They pay bonuses. I do not have many complaints. You will earn your keep here.
fun place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: perdiem, good benefis
Cons: away from family
rig up and rig is the toughest. once we frac is easy. babysitting equipment. great group of people. Good raises twice a year.
Good safe workplace.
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMarch 20, 2015
I finally have a routine work schedule. This is important for the mind and body. Now driving frac equipment, hazardous loads, and parts. Also relied upon to setup and tear down sand equipment. I have advanced as far as I can go without supervisor position. I enjoy my coworkers, as we do spend a great deal of time together. Looking for stability in a profession. Not looking like the gas and oil industry are it anymore.
good $
Field Technician (Current Employee), Platteville, COMarch 14, 2015
Pros: full week off
Cons: hard to have a life when you are working 2 weeks in a row sometimes 14 hour days, having to work nights
main function of the job is pumping fluid/sand mixture down oil and gas wells.

either show up to rig-up/down, or show up to operate.

rigging up down requires moving iron, connecting or separating iron, rigging in all pumps and other equipments like hoses and chemical lines. operating equipment while going down hole and doing maintenance on pumps and equipment

the job is physical but on par with any construction or landscaping with standing and sitting around at least half the shift.

12hr shift work rotating nights and days, 2 weeks on 1 week off
A great company in a volatile industry
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
I love my job, my company and my co-workers. I have the privilege of working with the field guys all the way up to VPs. No two days are alike, which is perfect for me!
very well organized and room for advancement
Rotational Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Cannot say enough good about Calfrac. The people are wonderful and really do put the family first.Training is provided and there isn't a question that can't or won't be answered. The oil business is very unstable as of this moment.
good pay and benefits
Truck Driver/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Williston, NDJanuary 9, 2015
The job has good pay and benefits with lots of overtime. we as operators would drive equipment to wellsites, rig in the equipment, frac the well and then rig out
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee), San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons: did not come to work here sooner
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Excellent Work Ethic, Serious Sense of Pride and Ownership
Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfield, PADecember 27, 2014
Responsible for day to day ground and equipment operations for high pressure fracturing pumping. Knowledgeable and experienced in operations and trouble shooting of fracturing equipment. Knowledge and experienced in well job design and treating. Responsible for over accountability of equipment and personnel and to ensure all operation of high pressure fracturing pumping is conducted in a environmentally sound and safe process.

1 2 3

About Calfrac Well Services

Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. – Read more

Calfrac Well Services Salaries

$18.50 per hour
Mechanic
$21.25 per hour

Calfrac Well Services Photos

Rigging in on a new location!