Calhoun Community College

Calhoun Community College Employer Reviews

O.K. place to work
Full-Time Psychology Instructor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: professional development
Cons: large class sizes
Taught multiple traditional and on-line courses. This school gave opportunity to expand teaching ability. Co-workers very supportive, many opportunities for professional development.
Fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2014
Pros: study time
I was a work study student. During a typical day I assist current and prospective students with registration. Typical desk work including filing, copying, and taking messages.
office assistant
Part-Time Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 21, 2014
Performed various office duties including, but not limited to, clerical support, such as answering telephones; opening, delivering and collecting mail; photocopying; faxing and filing to keep the office running efficiently. Provided good communication skills and strong working knowledge of a computer and quickly learned skills taught on the job. Responsible – more... for maintenance, upgrade and development of data collection systems to satisfy required standards and in charge of quality assurance duty for database management. Provided training for the staffs in relation to data encoding and decoding. Collected statistics for the program coordinators at requests; maintained supply of office requisistises; and maintained an efficient and harmony working environment among employees, clients and managers – less
Good program for career switches
Phlebotomy Student (Former Employee), Decatur, ALFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: convenient & flexible class times
I enjoyed the convenient class schedule and thought this program suited me very well.
Calhoun College is a fine organization.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Decatur, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Calhoun College is a good school with a dedicated staff and faculty. The students are the first priority. This was my first teaching experience after graduate school. Calhoun serves the community well.
Informative, respectful environment for students and staff
Office Assistant- student worker (Current Employee), Decatur, ALDecember 10, 2013
Pros: the ability to study college course work when no work available or given.
Cons: no health benefits
I love my job here at Calhoun Community College. I was given this opportunity in January 2013 while continuing my studies here at the school. I have been here a total of three semesters.
Upon graduation, my final day here will be the 20th of December. I enjoy helping my fellow colleagues and classmates discover the endless possibilities of their education – more... and the opportunities that await them. I help proctor tests for students that receive accommodations and special disability services, create databases for book loan program, mentor, schedule appointments, follow HIPPA regulations, and maintain detailed paperwork for case management.
My co-workers are such cooperative, joyful people who do their very best at assisting everyone's needs. – less
Great place to learn
Instructional Tutor (Former Employee), Athens, ALOctober 13, 2013
I highly recommend taking time out of your schedule to check this place out. Continuing education is important in todays job market and here you can learn the skills needed to be successful in any field.
Good part-time work. Rewarding and flexible
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing School (Current Employee), decatur, alJune 27, 2013
Pros: teaching new nurses
Cons: being micromanaged at times
Loved teaching students and was able to pick my own days that I wanted to work. No room for advancement. Sometimes micromanaged regarding how the students are taught. They like everyone to teach the same style
had administrative issues
Instructor (Former Employee), Florence, ALFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: day shift
Cons: poor leadership
lectured students and did clinical rotations. Management was poor. Favoritism occurred frequently.
Working at Calhoun Community College is a fun experience for me. I work with co-workers who are respectful and care about how well I do in school.
Work Study/Emerging Scholars/Secretary assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ALNovember 26, 2012
Pros: having time to do my homework and study
Cons: short breaks
I am a work study student for Student Support Services/Emgerging Scholars Program. My typical day at work is usually studying if my supervisor have something for me to do then she let me know. I have learned that being a good worker pays off and helping others with that have questions. My co-workers are nice I get alone with them very well. There is – more... nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be the time that I have to study and work on homwork. – less
I miss this job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, ALSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough hrs in a week and distance.
This was the first job that i stayed at the longest, maybe because i was just that good at what i did. A typical day would be scheduling students for a test, making call backs, creating files for students, updating test scores, answering the phones and talking with students face to face. I loved it!!!
I love this Place
Instructor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2012
I loved my experience there. I loved the people. I taught physics and computer science.