Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

A productive Body shop with good customer service but poor advanvcement capabilitys.
Porter/Detailer/Body Tech Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
My typical day at work is getting there super early 7:30. My hours end at about 5:30 but for the most part i stay till 6:30. During that entire time I do whats asked of my position and of course so much more. I also take time through out the day when work is getting low to go learn with the body techs. The co workers are awsome they took a likeing to me almost right away and willing to teach me. The hardest part of my day is working day in day out in the bad weather most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i learn the body work or mechanical work involving the cars or trucks.
Pros
the hours and overtime offered
Cons
The insurance benefits
Not a good place to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2015
Caliber Collision is not a good company to work for they treat their employees like garbage, upper management have no respect for the workers, no communication, it like being in a gang if you are in then you are ok if not they isolate you. when you give the company two weeks notice they escorted you out the door next day. I have never been in an environment like this to treat people like this. they don't train you properly and expect a lot of work from you, work long hours and very under pay, it all about making money and no concerns for the workers health, inhaling fumes all day from the painting shop and dust all over the place from buffing the cars, not a safe environment to work in.
Pros
NONE!!!
Cons
Management try to portraits the company has a good place to work but it not.
Not a good company to work for. lots of false promises
detailer/assembly & disassembly (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FL/ Wellington, FLNovember 8, 2015
Worked for caliber about 6 months at 2 different locations. Management is horrible. They only care about scores and money not about their employees. Unrealistic expectations on how work should be completed. Geico cars for example had to be completed in 3 days which is impossible considering you have a slew of other wrecks to work on. I've seen lots of my fellow Co workers quit this place and leave because caliber insists on taking 60% plus profit for every car that gets completed and giving employees only 40% of what they used to make. This company is run by a bunch of Canadians who don't have a clue how to run a business. They come in a completely changed everything about both shops I worked at. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a career with this company. Worst move I ever made was taking this job. Oh and if you have an opinion about how to change things for the better good luck...management doesn't care or value their employees opinions
Pros
Good benefits that's pretty much it
Cons
long hours, bad management, unrealistic expectations
Good pay, long hours
Employee (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 12, 2015
Growing company, some really top quality people, lack of focus. They need to reinvest in the centers that they already have if they really are serious about being the best at what they do.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
long hours, they never follow through on projects
Management has no clue or concerns about employees. You are a definite "number" at this company.
Service Advisor/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Columbia,SCOctober 7, 2015
Management treats employees as a number with no thought of their input or ideas. A company that is growing extremely too fast to take care of their employees. Main concern is how much profit can be made at the expense of the staff. Too many people making decisions that are clueless.
Pros
Immediate co-workers
Cons
Lack of concern for employees.
Our Center is very busy and we turn our inventory regularly. We have a great team that is committed to excellence.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 1, 2015
We are a very high volume production shop that is challenging on a daily basis. I love the collision repair industry and look forward to many more years in the field.
Upper Management
little person (Former Employee) –  VegasSeptember 17, 2015
This company is ran like a good 'ole' Caliber boy network. If you don't cow down to them, if you don't dance around with them, if you don't preach what they are preaching but not performing themselves, well, before long Adios good ole boy...Walk the Line and you will be fine, sell out and you will go far...be an individual and well look for a job....

The company bows down to insurers and their metric's/KPI's that have to be achieved, because if they don't they/managers are threatened with loss of accounts/volume of vehicles...God forbid anyone making 6 figures or more a year would lose "their" positions, because insurance KPI's weren't met or achieved...but it is okay for a center manager, Service advisors or worse yet technicians whom are mostly old and overworked to be at risk...

They are only concerned in the insurers staying happy...short on estimates, conceding in some instances on repairer methodologies and pushing each employee to the brink of sometimes a 70 hour week or more.

Upper management does not train, stay involved, or even show interest until their is a problem and then magically here comes the Pidgeon Management techniques in action...fly in *hit on everything a little more, (take no responsibility) and then fly back out until the next storm hits...

They do not practice (Culture) of Restoring people to the rhythm of their lives. They push the "volunteer" things on each property, they don't respond in timely manners to their employees concerns. I would venture to say most employees on an average day do not have a warm secure feeling about their position...
  more...

Better off looking with some other place...this industry has a lot of $$$ to spend around, everyone will pay up for the person that has the talents...
Pros
Non-management employees, CSR, painters, Body Techs, etc
Cons
Upper Management, company cultures, lack of training and responsibilities accepted
Productive, friendly and fast paced.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San AntonioSeptember 15, 2015
Fast paced work with friendly and helpful co-workers. Its always about the customer and how we can best restore them to the rhythm of their life.
Great group of people all drivin for the same goal
Paint Prep / Assistant Painter (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CASeptember 5, 2015
Every morning body techs are usually there fairly early and on top of there cars to get them to the paint shop. As paint prep I always double check and over look body work to insure quality before i start on the job , usually doing cars in the order of which they will get done the fastest to stay on track and to keep the quality to a high standard. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the body techs on the same page as paint shop with quality without having confrontation which communication is key to that. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing it when it first comes in to seeing it on the finish line looking like it never got into an accident which takes quality repair tare down prep and paint. Its always nice to see a customer drive away happy with the repairs done to there vehicles.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
Keeping everyone organized and on top of there departments
productive fun work enviornment
Painters Helper (Former Employee) –  Garden Ridge, TXAugust 31, 2015
I loved everything about this place. the co-workers and managers were very professional they offer competitive pay and benefits as well as bonuses. had to leave for personal reasons
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2015
Caliber Collision is a great company to work for. Although there is little room to grow and advance within the company. It is a great place to gain experience in an office environment.
Good Intentions
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 28, 2015
The Caliber way of conducting business is 'cost effective' however if the insurance companies could see what goes on in most Calibers they wouldn't make any of the DRPs and would tell their policy holders to steer clear.
Great Place to Work
Geico Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2015
Overall the people are wonderful, and the outlook they have at putting people back on track is a breadth of fresh air. Always enjoyed coming into work here, and would gladly work at caliber again.
Pros
Pay, Office management, Great coworkers, everyone is willing to help
Cons
Really just the long hours but its worth it
Great Workplace!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJune 17, 2015
I loved working for Caliber. Everyone from upper management down to the people that worked at my location. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Busy, fast paced and always something to do, makes the day go by fast. My manager was awesome!
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, Good Pay room for growth.
Excellent Company
Integration Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX [Travel Across the US]June 15, 2015
Caliber is a great, employee and customer focus. Typical week involves traveling to a newly acquired location with then US. Training involves ensuring new associates understand Caliber's SOP and culture.
Great place and company to go to.
Automotive Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoMay 27, 2015
Got to my station and prepared myself for much work to be done. I learned how to fix plastic bumper and work hands on with top mechanics. Management was very great definitely cared about their employees and how much we took care of ourselves working in such a rowdy place. Hardest part about the job was getting a lot done in one day. Just working in the Collision industry was the best of all.
Pros
bbq's and free lunches
Cons
never had much work in the summer.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2015
very busy work place
multitasking with taking payment to scheduleing appointments and taking care of customers in the office
Pros
keeps you busy
A good place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthApril 4, 2015
I love my job. I walk in each day and get the opportunity to help both my customers and my staff. The benefits are above average and each day is something new. For those who are complaining on this site, maybe you are looking for something for nothing. A job is work, it should be. You get paid for a service, and it was you who chose your profession. A word of advice, there are MANY people out there who wish they have what you do so quit being squishy selfish complainers or choose a different job.
Pros
Income, health insurance, 401k, part of a family
Company new to area
Estimator Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Company new to Florida. Not sure what I think. I was new to the old shop they bought out.(Autopride) Was not going to stay at Autopride, but hung around to see what they were all about. So no verdict yet
Nice Environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 17, 2015
overall the company is great. Very professional place to work. flexible hours. management was awesome so were the employees they really believe in internal promoting. very enjoyable management really took pride in the open door policy