Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Horrible management and lack of training!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Horrible management and lack of training!!! They are very cliquey and if you don't fit in, they make your life miserable! I had less then 3 weeks of training. Anytime I would ask a question, the office manager would treat me like I was stupid. She never brought any problems to my attention so that i could fix it. I felt like i was set up for failure even though I tried my hardest.
Most challangeing work place envoirnment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2017
While working for Caliber Collision I was able to continue my knowledge of being an Office Manager. There were things I learned from this position that have shaped me to be an upstanding Manager.
Pros
The salary compnesation for this position was amazing.
Cons
The job culture was challangeing and ever changing.
Ok work environment
Detailer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 31, 2017
While fun with a great amount of work hours and pay, management sucks and are not focused around pleasing customers to the highest extent
All Auto tech that work at caliber collision center get charge 1.5 hours for customer car to be clean
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 30, 2017
All auto tech and painters we all get deducted 1.5 hours from insurance estimated so customer car get buff and clean . I think it's not fair enough because all insurance company does not all ways pay fair to fix customer cars . But all caliber collision center charge auto tech and painters got its beware new employees......!!!!! Not fair .....................
lots of work and great place too learn
Painter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I would begin my day off with prepping cars getting them ready for paint. mixing water based paint and applying sealer to bumpers
them I would spend the rest of the day helping the painter out.
Pros
learning and over-time
Cons
not enough wage.
One of the worst company's to work for
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2017
You are just another number here. They have the most absurd goals that are way beyond unrealistic, all the while sacrificing safety and quality. One of the biggest hack shops I've worked for, be careful bringing your vehicle here or attempting to work here. The managers don't know how to manage, they basically run moral and the shop into the ground but somehow never get fired for doing such a horrible job. Beware!
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, not quality minded, stressful enviorment
Buddy system...unfair system....not a great place to work, but not the worst
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 15, 2017
Really you will find the buddy system and favoritism in almost all corporate places these days. I had vibes from day 1 that something was bad about the place and the longer I worked there the more its plain and obvious.

hard work wont get you far here....if you want to move up you have to be "in" with upper management. i dont play the brown nose games, so my chances of doing anything with the company were none. But really thats what you need to do to move up here......put in minimum effort and become pals with the managers,.

lack of communication among employees in the office....management unwilling to notice or correct the problems. fine...if you want your operations running badly, dont listen to your employees. Pay is not good for the work you do, and there is no real work life balance working 10+ hour days...

On the plus side, benefits are ok (except for the 401 k match, which is pretty bad)...and most coworkers are decent.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay, growth, management
great vibes and opportunity
buffer/detailer (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 14, 2017
very positive, uplifting group.
also helpful and managed superb
everday is a learning lesson with great teachers
never had a problem with anyone from owner to co worker
Great Company
Body Shop Estimator (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Very much a team environment! Great company overall with great compensation and benefits! Definitely a place to be able to mix your personal and professional lives
Favorite job!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXJanuary 6, 2017
This has been my favorite job, i left due to going into labor and stayed home for the first year with my baby. If a spot came available i would go in a heart beat!
I'm not about the money at all
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 22, 2016
They only give work to people that's been there as long as it ain't first come first serve like the manager says before you start working.and before you know it you're broke as don't have nowhere to live or you work tonight hours a day Monday through Friday your own commission.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Great
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 16, 2016
1) Manage staff of 24: Service advisors, Technicians, Body Men, Painters, Detailers, Shop Helpers.
2) Accounts payable of 44 monthly Accounts and reports associated with.
3) Accounts receivable over 275 different transactions a month, which related to Insurance companies, Dealerships , Customer Pays and reports associated with.
4) Weekly CSI Surveys Calls
5) Calls to clientele to set appointments for estimates and auto body repair.
6) Customer Service: Checking in and Checking out of Clientele.
7) Responsible for all Communications with government agencies; Fire Marshall, and EPA Regulators.
8) Conducted weekly staff safety meetings.
9) Responsible for Safety equipment: Eye wash sinks, Fire extinguishers, Fire exist, 3m Respirators, Safety goggles and gloves .10) Office Supplies
11) Alarm system through Protection One: Staff Codes and keys.
12) Over Head Repair Order entering into CCC1 System..
13) Load Level Repair Order entering into CCC1 System.
14) Gas Meter Monitoring for EPA: Parts Per Million put into the atmosphere.
15) Daily reconciliation of Amegy Company Visa P-card.
16) Daily payroll time keeping and reporting for all staff: Hourly, Commission and Salaried employees
17) Roll out of Workday Program for staff.
18) Daily Computer Programs Used: CCC1, C.A.R.E (CRM), Excel, Word.
19) Daily communications with Regional's and VP's regarding reports and meetings.
20) Filing of Closed Repair orders , other certificates and financials.
21) Monitoring of all Customer Check s, Credit Card Transactions and filing thereof.
22) Ordering and pick up of all
  more... office supplies.
23) Picking up and dropping of customers at their homes or rental agencies.
24) Daily communications with Insurance companies re: balance due and supplement uploads.
25) when needed final inspection of vehicles and detailing of vehicles.
26) Employee relations: making sure the center has a Healthy, Happy working environment.
27) Opening and Closing of Center.
28) Driving shop vehicles.
29) Setting up checking in tows, for Insurance Companies and Customers.
30) Setting up and adherence to California State Laws regarding meal and rest breaks.

I learned that creating a calming atmosphere, made the clients feel better about themselves and the situation that they are currently in.

Management and co-workers were great!

Understanding the Accounts payable system.

The enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits and the team.
Cons
The Center Manager.
Lack luster company poor work conditions
Parts manager/Assistant production manager. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2016
Management is not understanding and unwilling to correct production issues. Poor work conditions and lack of communication. Managmebt has no expirence in the industry but acts as if they posse it all
Pros
Cons
A lot
Avoid
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 7, 2016
Beware of commission policy. You may not see it. High pressure goals are UNOBTAINABLE and they know it. Bad for morale. High pressure sales does not go good with a SAFETY based industry
Pros
Desperate for decent employees, easy to get a job
Cons
Top down corporate management, ignore real world every day problems
Caliber collision isn't bad over all
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 23, 2016
Caliber collision is a great place to work If your looking to start a career path. I did learn a lot as an employee there. It's not an easy work place at all but once you get used to the shop you'll like it. My only biggest issue at caliber was management felt like my boss would get over stressed and take it out on me.
Pros
Great work environment
Body Shop life
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 22, 2016
The work life in a body shop can vary from awesome to demoralizing. It depends on the team you have to work with. There were some people i loved to work with and some that made my job a nightmare. its to be expected tho. I still did my job and produced a quality product.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Deadlines, hectic.
Good people working for them
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
Very good people working for them. Management is great. They take good care of there employees. Very fun holidays party's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More brakes for employees
Nice place to work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772November 15, 2016
Great place to work, loved the customers there. Always made them feel like the company actually was there for them. Also made sure that their issues were addressed and fixed
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
hope full
Auto Body Technician / A Tech (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work. Manager is really nice and so are my co-workers. Makes everything extremely cohesive.Would like to stay but there's not enough work.
Pros
work place
Cons
need more work
Great Place to Work
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 25, 2016
Caliber collisions has been a great place to work. I've been able to learn and grow so much - Now it's time to move to bigger and better things as I look to start a new career.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Not much vacation time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Collision. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9