Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Caliber collision isn't bad over all
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 23, 2016
Caliber collision is a great place to work If your looking to start a career path. I did learn a lot as an employee there. It's not an easy work place at all but once you get used to the shop you'll like it. My only biggest issue at caliber was management felt like my boss would get over stressed and take it out on me.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Had a good center manager but upper management sucked they didnt respect there employess
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2016
Had a really good center manager. But upper management not so good. Better watch your back cause they will plan stuff on you and get you fired for something you didn't do.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No going up the ladder unless your in the click with upper management
Caliber Collision is committed to Quality Repairs, and Quality Employees
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 14, 2016
Caliber Collision is a great company to work for if you give them 100% they will give 100 plus back in return ! Caliber is very committed to making sure their employees have the latest training and tools to insure that their techs are top in the field,
Body Shop life
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 22, 2016
The work life in a body shop can vary from awesome to demoralizing. It depends on the team you have to work with. There were some people i loved to work with and some that made my job a nightmare. its to be expected tho. I still did my job and produced a quality product.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Deadlines, hectic.
Horrible Management, blind leading the blind
Body Tech (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2016
Amazing co-workers (most of them). The office manager hires his friends and NONE of them including the manager shouldn't even be in the automotive business. They get paid more than you to stand around and watch you work because their friend will not fire them.
Lots of backstabbing and smiling in your face and talking behind your back.

Upper management is making all the decisions and they are white collar business men who have no idea how to work on vehicles and also shouldn't be in this business.

If you talk to HR they defend all of their management and treat you and talk to you like you are stupid.

I have seen a high turnover rate due to poor management & managers.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, free lunch sometimes
Cons
detail cars and buff then and take vechiles to the front
Detailer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2016
Buff cars and then wash them aswell and then do the interior aswell and therefore afterwards overlook vehicle and then take the car to the front and give to the service writer
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
working with lazy bums
Great for autobody enthusiast!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2016
Working at caliber was a unique experience. I learned that having stable relationships with insurance companies is a must. Caliber gives world class customer service with all the customer comforts provided at each store. For example popcorn at every location to greet you with a home like feel. Management is ever changing and mostly there to assist. Hardest part of the job is understanding all the different requirements of each insurance agency.
Pros
Customer comforts makes the body shop not feel like one at all.
Cons
Pay scale is skewed depending on your position.
never a dull moment
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 23, 2016
On a daily basic, I print out the missing parts report make sure the parts that's on the report are still coming in that day. I also print the credit report and call on them through the day.
When parts come in I check them to the invoice make sure it's correct, I then receive the parts in the system and then put the parts in the appropriate bin so the body guys can find them. I can get away where to five deliveries to ten plus more deliveries a day. In the mix of all that I need to follow up on the parts yet still to arrive and the parts that the body guys are stilling waiting on.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 8, 2016
I worked out of the San Juan Location. I never worked for a company with such a horrible culture. Because there is no training. You are assigned whomever is working the front desk.

Well because your new you don't know if what there teaching you is totally correct. This was my experience as I was sent to other centers to cover and discovered the real way I was to do my job.

So I feel I was set up to fail from the start time the person trading me was much younger and was a favorite of the new managers and I felt hostility most of the time toward me. I worked very hard there but was told by management I need to be perfect. Never make a mistake. Last time I checked I was human and humans make mistakes.

And if one person feels like they did not the right level of service you are fired. They could care less about you and never have your back.

Also a lot of the cars that get repaired have to come back due to various issues with the repair. Run don't walk from this company.
Pros
Free donuts on fridays
Cons
Good old boys club. Playing favorites
Nice place to work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772November 15, 2016
Great place to work, loved the customers there. Always made them feel like the company actually was there for them. Also made sure that their issues were addressed and fixed
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 25, 2016
Caliber collisions has been a great place to work. I've been able to learn and grow so much - Now it's time to move to bigger and better things as I look to start a new career.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Not much vacation time
Non Professional
COLLISION REPAIR ESTIMATOR/ ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 1, 2016
A place of business should not be like a day in high school. There was never a foundation of leadership and everyone took advantage. A great business to work for if the business was run correctly.
hope full
Auto Body Technician / A Tech (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work. Manager is really nice and so are my co-workers. Makes everything extremely cohesive.Would like to stay but there's not enough work.
Pros
work place
Cons
need more work
Good but not great
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDAugust 10, 2016
Good place to work but not a great place to work.
Shop managers are good. Upper management varies.
Co-workers were good in my location.
Hardest part is constantly battling with insurance companies and customers.
Good people working for them
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
Very good people working for them. Management is great. They take good care of there employees. Very fun holidays party's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More brakes for employees
decent work place
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 27, 2016
its a good place to work but i have seen them do great employees done wrong management is not the most caring unless its affecting their wallets
benefits
Cons
managment
great company!
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 24, 2016
I've learned a lot working here in the past, managers really will take care of you, if you have any problems there always there, great opportunity to grow to higher position
Productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
Typical day at work calling customers and setting up appointments sometimes with angry customers. Overall it was an ok experience.
Pros
FULL BENEFITS
Cons
NOT ENOUGH TRAINING TIME
Productive Company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 13, 2016
This company is very productive to getting customers vehicle repaired and back to the customers as if the vehicle was brand new.
Pros
Meeting monthly goals
Was fun at first then became old
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 29, 2016
Some days can be fun, but a lot of the time your days are long and stressful. Very few shops have a great culture and have perfected a good process to make everyone's job easier. There are so many things to do and not enough time in your 10 hour work day to get them done.
Pros
Coworkers can be fun
Cons
Long hours, extremely stressful at times