Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 8, 2016
I worked out of the San Juan Location. I never worked for a company with such a horrible culture. Because there is no training. You are assigned whomever is working the front desk.

Well because your new you don't know if what there teaching you is totally correct. This was my experience as I was sent to other centers to cover and discovered the real way I was to do my job.

So I feel I was set up to fail from the start time the person trading me was much younger and was a favorite of the new managers and I felt hostility most of the time toward me. I worked very hard there but was told by management I need to be perfect. Never make a mistake. Last time I checked I was human and humans make mistakes.

And if one person feels like they did not the right level of service you are fired. They could care less about you and never have your back.

Also a lot of the cars that get repaired have to come back due to various issues with the repair. Run don't walk from this company.
Pros
Free donuts on fridays
Cons
Good old boys club. Playing favorites
Horrible Management, blind leading the blind
Body Tech (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2016
Amazing co-workers (most of them). The office manager hires his friends and NONE of them including the manager shouldn't even be in the automotive business. They get paid more than you to stand around and watch you work because their friend will not fire them.
Lots of backstabbing and smiling in your face and talking behind your back.

Upper management is making all the decisions and they are white collar business men who have no idea how to work on vehicles and also shouldn't be in this business.

If you talk to HR they defend all of their management and treat you and talk to you like you are stupid.

I have seen a high turnover rate due to poor management & managers.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, free lunch sometimes
Cons
Caliber collision isn't bad over all
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 23, 2016
Caliber collision is a great place to work If your looking to start a career path. I did learn a lot as an employee there. It's not an easy work place at all but once you get used to the shop you'll like it. My only biggest issue at caliber was management felt like my boss would get over stressed and take it out on me.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Had a good center manager but upper management sucked they didnt respect there employess
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2016
Had a really good center manager. But upper management not so good. Better watch your back cause they will plan stuff on you and get you fired for something you didn't do.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No going up the ladder unless your in the click with upper management
Body Shop life
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 22, 2016
The work life in a body shop can vary from awesome to demoralizing. It depends on the team you have to work with. There were some people i loved to work with and some that made my job a nightmare. its to be expected tho. I still did my job and produced a quality product.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Deadlines, hectic.
Good people working for them
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
Very good people working for them. Management is great. They take good care of there employees. Very fun holidays party's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More brakes for employees
decent work place
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 27, 2016
its a good place to work but i have seen them do great employees done wrong management is not the most caring unless its affecting their wallets
benefits
Cons
managment
Not a good company to work for. lots of false promises
detailer/assembly & disassembly (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FL/ Wellington, FLNovember 8, 2015
Worked for caliber about 6 months at 2 different locations. Management is horrible. They only care about scores and money not about their employees. Unrealistic expectations on how work should be completed. Geico cars for example had to be completed in 3 days which is impossible considering you have a slew of other wrecks to work on. I've seen lots of my fellow Co workers quit this place and leave because caliber insists on taking 60% plus profit for every car that gets completed and giving employees only 40% of what they used to make. This company is run by a bunch of Canadians who don't have a clue how to run a business. They come in a completely changed everything about both shops I worked at. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a career with this company. Worst move I ever made was taking this job. Oh and if you have an opinion about how to change things for the better good luck...management doesn't care or value their employees opinions
Pros
Good benefits that's pretty much it
Cons
long hours, bad management, unrealistic expectations
Great for autobody enthusiast!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2016
Working at caliber was a unique experience. I learned that having stable relationships with insurance companies is a must. Caliber gives world class customer service with all the customer comforts provided at each store. For example popcorn at every location to greet you with a home like feel. Management is ever changing and mostly there to assist. Hardest part of the job is understanding all the different requirements of each insurance agency.
Pros
Customer comforts makes the body shop not feel like one at all.
Cons
Pay scale is skewed depending on your position.
Great Place to Work
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 25, 2016
Caliber collisions has been a great place to work. I've been able to learn and grow so much - Now it's time to move to bigger and better things as I look to start a new career.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Not much vacation time
Big company.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 22, 2016
Big nation wide company. Decent benefits, they match a portion of 401k. If your a hard worker, there's plenty of room to move up.
Was fun at first then became old
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 29, 2016
Some days can be fun, but a lot of the time your days are long and stressful. Very few shops have a great culture and have perfected a good process to make everyone's job easier. There are so many things to do and not enough time in your 10 hour work day to get them done.
Pros
Coworkers can be fun
Cons
Long hours, extremely stressful at times
Not a good place to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2015
Caliber Collision is not a good company to work for they treat their employees like garbage, upper management have no respect for the workers, no communication, it like being in a gang if you are in then you are ok if not they isolate you. when you give the company two weeks notice they escorted you out the door next day. I have never been in an environment like this to treat people like this. they don't train you properly and expect a lot of work from you, work long hours and very under pay, it all about making money and no concerns for the workers health, inhaling fumes all day from the painting shop and dust all over the place from buffing the cars, not a safe environment to work in.
Pros
NONE!!!
Cons
Management try to portraits the company has a good place to work but it not.
Good but not great
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDAugust 10, 2016
Good place to work but not a great place to work.
Shop managers are good. Upper management varies.
Co-workers were good in my location.
Hardest part is constantly battling with insurance companies and customers.
Productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
Typical day at work calling customers and setting up appointments sometimes with angry customers. Overall it was an ok experience.
Pros
FULL BENEFITS
Cons
NOT ENOUGH TRAINING TIME
Caliber Is Where It's At
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 19, 2016
If you want to work for a great company and become part of the winning team, join Caliber Collision Center of Clinton!!
I'm able to assist customers in restoring the rhythm of their lives and I take great pride in that!
Pros
Work advancement
Cons
Expensive benefits
Service Writer
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
The overall company is okay. They just need to fix or come up with a better approach to the issues or difficulties of acquiring new shop with already established habits and cultures.
A productive Body shop with good customer service but poor advanvcement capabilitys.
Porter/Detailer/Body Tech Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
My typical day at work is getting there super early 7:30. My hours end at about 5:30 but for the most part i stay till 6:30. During that entire time I do whats asked of my position and of course so much more. I also take time through out the day when work is getting low to go learn with the body techs. The co workers are awsome they took a likeing to me almost right away and willing to teach me. The hardest part of my day is working day in day out in the bad weather most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i learn the body work or mechanical work involving the cars or trucks.
Pros
the hours and overtime offered
Cons
The insurance benefits
never a dull moment
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 23, 2016
On a daily basic, I print out the missing parts report make sure the parts that's on the report are still coming in that day. I also print the credit report and call on them through the day.
When parts come in I check them to the invoice make sure it's correct, I then receive the parts in the system and then put the parts in the appropriate bin so the body guys can find them. I can get away where to five deliveries to ten plus more deliveries a day. In the mix of all that I need to follow up on the parts yet still to arrive and the parts that the body guys are stilling waiting on.
Caliber Collision is committed to Quality Repairs, and Quality Employees
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 14, 2016
Caliber Collision is a great company to work for if you give them 100% they will give 100 plus back in return ! Caliber is very committed to making sure their employees have the latest training and tools to insure that their techs are top in the field,