Caliber Collision Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2016
Typical day at work calling customers and setting up appointments sometimes with angry customers. Overall it was an ok experience.
Pros
FULL BENEFITS
Cons
NOT ENOUGH TRAINING TIME
Service Writer
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
The overall company is okay. They just need to fix or come up with a better approach to the issues or difficulties of acquiring new shop with already established habits and cultures.
Horrible Management, blind leading the blind
Body Tech (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2016
Amazing co-workers (most of them). The office manager hires his friends and NONE of them including the manager shouldn't even be in the automotive business. They get paid more than you to stand around and watch you work because their friend will not fire them.
Lots of backstabbing and smiling in your face and talking behind your back.

Upper management is making all the decisions and they are white collar business men who have no idea how to work on vehicles and also shouldn't be in this business.

If you talk to HR they defend all of their management and treat you and talk to you like you are stupid.

I have seen a high turnover rate due to poor management & managers.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, free lunch sometimes
Cons
Great for autobody enthusiast!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2016
Working at caliber was a unique experience. I learned that having stable relationships with insurance companies is a must. Caliber gives world class customer service with all the customer comforts provided at each store. For example popcorn at every location to greet you with a home like feel. Management is ever changing and mostly there to assist. Hardest part of the job is understanding all the different requirements of each insurance agency.
Pros
Customer comforts makes the body shop not feel like one at all.
Cons
Pay scale is skewed depending on your position.
never a dull moment
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 23, 2016
On a daily basic, I print out the missing parts report make sure the parts that's on the report are still coming in that day. I also print the credit report and call on them through the day.
When parts come in I check them to the invoice make sure it's correct, I then receive the parts in the system and then put the parts in the appropriate bin so the body guys can find them. I can get away where to five deliveries to ten plus more deliveries a day. In the mix of all that I need to follow up on the parts yet still to arrive and the parts that the body guys are stilling waiting on.
educational
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 8, 2016
unknown not going to say
Really? why do i need to review this place?
what do you want to know?
I worked here for a few months then better things came up
Good Work Enviorment
Disassemble Reassemble Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 19, 2016
disassembled wrecked vehicles to find hidden damage then put vehicles back together with new or repaired parts. i learned how to take pride in how i work and to perform quality repairs in a timely manor
Was fun at first then became old
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 29, 2016
Some days can be fun, but a lot of the time your days are long and stressful. Very few shops have a great culture and have perfected a good process to make everyone's job easier. There are so many things to do and not enough time in your 10 hour work day to get them done.
Pros
Coworkers can be fun
Cons
Long hours, extremely stressful at times
Caliber Is Where It's At
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 19, 2016
If you want to work for a great company and become part of the winning team, join Caliber Collision Center of Clinton!!
I'm able to assist customers in restoring the rhythm of their lives and I take great pride in that!
Pros
Work advancement
Cons
Expensive benefits
Enjoyable work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at Caliber Collision. Everyone on staff was friendly and hung out outside of work. It was a fast pace work environment but it was enjoyable to help people get their cars back to pre accident condition. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the call center that would mess with the info you put into each file but all we had to do was half a talk with our center manager along with the call center manager to get the situations resolved.
Pros
Friendly staff

Want to know more about Caliber Collision?

Ask a question
A productive Body shop with good customer service but poor advanvcement capabilitys.
Porter/Detailer/Body Tech Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
My typical day at work is getting there super early 7:30. My hours end at about 5:30 but for the most part i stay till 6:30. During that entire time I do whats asked of my position and of course so much more. I also take time through out the day when work is getting low to go learn with the body techs. The co workers are awsome they took a likeing to me almost right away and willing to teach me. The hardest part of my day is working day in day out in the bad weather most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i learn the body work or mechanical work involving the cars or trucks.
Pros
the hours and overtime offered
Cons
The insurance benefits
Benefits were great, managment was not to good
Porter (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJanuary 22, 2016
it was a great work environment coworkers were also good. The day really went by pretty quick most of the time with the amount of work we had.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Not a good place to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2015
Caliber Collision is not a good company to work for they treat their employees like garbage, upper management have no respect for the workers, no communication, it like being in a gang if you are in then you are ok if not they isolate you. when you give the company two weeks notice they escorted you out the door next day. I have never been in an environment like this to treat people like this. they don't train you properly and expect a lot of work from you, work long hours and very under pay, it all about making money and no concerns for the workers health, inhaling fumes all day from the painting shop and dust all over the place from buffing the cars, not a safe environment to work in.
Pros
NONE!!!
Cons
Management try to portraits the company has a good place to work but it not.
Not a good company to work for. lots of false promises
detailer/assembly & disassembly (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FL/ Wellington, FLNovember 8, 2015
Worked for caliber about 6 months at 2 different locations. Management is horrible. They only care about scores and money not about their employees. Unrealistic expectations on how work should be completed. Geico cars for example had to be completed in 3 days which is impossible considering you have a slew of other wrecks to work on. I've seen lots of my fellow Co workers quit this place and leave because caliber insists on taking 60% plus profit for every car that gets completed and giving employees only 40% of what they used to make. This company is run by a bunch of Canadians who don't have a clue how to run a business. They come in a completely changed everything about both shops I worked at. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a career with this company. Worst move I ever made was taking this job. Oh and if you have an opinion about how to change things for the better good luck...management doesn't care or value their employees opinions
Pros
Good benefits that's pretty much it
Cons
long hours, bad management, unrealistic expectations
Good pay, long hours
Employee (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 12, 2015
Growing company, some really top quality people, lack of focus. They need to reinvest in the centers that they already have if they really are serious about being the best at what they do.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
long hours, they never follow through on projects
Management has no clue or concerns about employees. You are a definite "number" at this company.
Service Advisor/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Columbia,SCOctober 7, 2015
Management treats employees as a number with no thought of their input or ideas. A company that is growing extremely too fast to take care of their employees. Main concern is how much profit can be made at the expense of the staff. Too many people making decisions that are clueless.
Pros
Immediate co-workers
Cons
Lack of concern for employees.
Our Center is very busy and we turn our inventory regularly. We have a great team that is committed to excellence.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 1, 2015
We are a very high volume production shop that is challenging on a daily basis. I love the collision repair industry and look forward to many more years in the field.
Upper Management
little person (Former Employee) –  VegasSeptember 17, 2015
This company is ran like a good 'ole' Caliber boy network. If you don't cow down to them, if you don't dance around with them, if you don't preach what they are preaching but not performing themselves, well, before long Adios good ole boy...Walk the Line and you will be fine, sell out and you will go far...be an individual and well look for a job....

The company bows down to insurers and their metric's/KPI's that have to be achieved, because if they don't they/managers are threatened with loss of accounts/volume of vehicles...God forbid anyone making 6 figures or more a year would lose "their" positions, because insurance KPI's weren't met or achieved...but it is okay for a center manager, Service advisors or worse yet technicians whom are mostly old and overworked to be at risk...

They are only concerned in the insurers staying happy...short on estimates, conceding in some instances on repairer methodologies and pushing each employee to the brink of sometimes a 70 hour week or more.

Upper management does not train, stay involved, or even show interest until their is a problem and then magically here comes the Pidgeon Management techniques in action...fly in *hit on everything a little more, (take no responsibility) and then fly back out until the next storm hits...

They do not practice (Culture) of Restoring people to the rhythm of their lives. They push the "volunteer" things on each property, they don't respond in timely manners to their employees concerns. I would venture to say most employees on an average day do not have a warm secure feeling about their position...
  more...

Better off looking with some other place...this industry has a lot of $$$ to spend around, everyone will pay up for the person that has the talents...
Pros
Non-management employees, CSR, painters, Body Techs, etc
Cons
Upper Management, company cultures, lack of training and responsibilities accepted
Productive, friendly and fast paced.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San AntonioSeptember 15, 2015
Fast paced work with friendly and helpful co-workers. Its always about the customer and how we can best restore them to the rhythm of their life.
Great group of people all drivin for the same goal
Paint Prep / Assistant Painter (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CASeptember 5, 2015
Every morning body techs are usually there fairly early and on top of there cars to get them to the paint shop. As paint prep I always double check and over look body work to insure quality before i start on the job , usually doing cars in the order of which they will get done the fastest to stay on track and to keep the quality to a high standard. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the body techs on the same page as paint shop with quality without having confrontation which communication is key to that. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing it when it first comes in to seeing it on the finish line looking like it never got into an accident which takes quality repair tare down prep and paint. Its always nice to see a customer drive away happy with the repairs done to there vehicles.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
Keeping everyone organized and on top of there departments

2.9