Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Buddy system...unfair system....not a great place to work, but not the worst
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 15, 2017
Really you will find the buddy system and favoritism in almost all corporate places these days. I had vibes from day 1 that something was bad about the place and the longer I worked there the more its plain and obvious.

hard work wont get you far here....if you want to move up you have to be "in" with upper management. i dont play the brown nose games, so my chances of doing anything with the company were none. But really thats what you need to do to move up here......put in minimum effort and become pals with the managers,.

lack of communication among employees in the office....management unwilling to notice or correct the problems. fine...if you want your operations running badly, dont listen to your employees. Pay is not good for the work you do, and there is no real work life balance working 10+ hour days...

On the plus side, benefits are ok (except for the 401 k match, which is pretty bad)...and most coworkers are decent.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay, growth, management
great vibes and opportunity
buffer/detailer (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 14, 2017
very positive, uplifting group.
also helpful and managed superb
everday is a learning lesson with great teachers
never had a problem with anyone from owner to co worker
Great Company
Body Shop Estimator (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Very much a team environment! Great company overall with great compensation and benefits! Definitely a place to be able to mix your personal and professional lives
Favorite job!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXJanuary 6, 2017
This has been my favorite job, i left due to going into labor and stayed home for the first year with my baby. If a spot came available i would go in a heart beat!
I'm not about the money at all
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 22, 2016
They only give work to people that's been there as long as it ain't first come first serve like the manager says before you start working.and before you know it you're broke as don't have nowhere to live or you work tonight hours a day Monday through Friday your own commission.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Great
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 16, 2016
1) Manage staff of 24: Service advisors, Technicians, Body Men, Painters, Detailers, Shop Helpers.
2) Accounts payable of 44 monthly Accounts and reports associated with.
3) Accounts receivable over 275 different transactions a month, which related to Insurance companies, Dealerships , Customer Pays and reports associated with.
4) Weekly CSI Surveys Calls
5) Calls to clientele to set appointments for estimates and auto body repair.
6) Customer Service: Checking in and Checking out of Clientele.
7) Responsible for all Communications with government agencies; Fire Marshall, and EPA Regulators.
8) Conducted weekly staff safety meetings.
9) Responsible for Safety equipment: Eye wash sinks, Fire extinguishers, Fire exist, 3m Respirators, Safety goggles and gloves .10) Office Supplies
11) Alarm system through Protection One: Staff Codes and keys.
12) Over Head Repair Order entering into CCC1 System..
13) Load Level Repair Order entering into CCC1 System.
14) Gas Meter Monitoring for EPA: Parts Per Million put into the atmosphere.
15) Daily reconciliation of Amegy Company Visa P-card.
16) Daily payroll time keeping and reporting for all staff: Hourly, Commission and Salaried employees
17) Roll out of Workday Program for staff.
18) Daily Computer Programs Used: CCC1, C.A.R.E (CRM), Excel, Word.
19) Daily communications with Regional's and VP's regarding reports and meetings.
20) Filing of Closed Repair orders , other certificates and financials.
21) Monitoring of all Customer Check s, Credit Card Transactions and filing thereof.
22) Ordering and pick up of all
  more... office supplies.
23) Picking up and dropping of customers at their homes or rental agencies.
24) Daily communications with Insurance companies re: balance due and supplement uploads.
25) when needed final inspection of vehicles and detailing of vehicles.
26) Employee relations: making sure the center has a Healthy, Happy working environment.
27) Opening and Closing of Center.
28) Driving shop vehicles.
29) Setting up checking in tows, for Insurance Companies and Customers.
30) Setting up and adherence to California State Laws regarding meal and rest breaks.

I learned that creating a calming atmosphere, made the clients feel better about themselves and the situation that they are currently in.

Management and co-workers were great!

Understanding the Accounts payable system.

The enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits and the team.
Cons
The Center Manager.
Lack luster company poor work conditions
Parts manager/Assistant production manager. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2016
Management is not understanding and unwilling to correct production issues. Poor work conditions and lack of communication. Managmebt has no expirence in the industry but acts as if they posse it all
Pros
Cons
A lot
Avoid
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 7, 2016
Beware of commission policy. You may not see it. High pressure goals are UNOBTAINABLE and they know it. Bad for morale. High pressure sales does not go good with a SAFETY based industry
Pros
Desperate for decent employees, easy to get a job
Cons
Top down corporate management, ignore real world every day problems
Caliber collision isn't bad over all
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 23, 2016
Caliber collision is a great place to work If your looking to start a career path. I did learn a lot as an employee there. It's not an easy work place at all but once you get used to the shop you'll like it. My only biggest issue at caliber was management felt like my boss would get over stressed and take it out on me.
Pros
Great work environment
Body Shop life
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 22, 2016
The work life in a body shop can vary from awesome to demoralizing. It depends on the team you have to work with. There were some people i loved to work with and some that made my job a nightmare. its to be expected tho. I still did my job and produced a quality product.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Deadlines, hectic.
Good people working for them
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
Very good people working for them. Management is great. They take good care of there employees. Very fun holidays party's
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More brakes for employees
Nice place to work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772November 15, 2016
Great place to work, loved the customers there. Always made them feel like the company actually was there for them. Also made sure that their issues were addressed and fixed
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
hope full
Auto Body Technician / A Tech (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work. Manager is really nice and so are my co-workers. Makes everything extremely cohesive.Would like to stay but there's not enough work.
Pros
work place
Cons
need more work
Great Place to Work
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 25, 2016
Caliber collisions has been a great place to work. I've been able to learn and grow so much - Now it's time to move to bigger and better things as I look to start a new career.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Not much vacation time
detail cars and buff then and take vechiles to the front
Detailer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2016
Buff cars and then wash them aswell and then do the interior aswell and therefore afterwards overlook vehicle and then take the car to the front and give to the service writer
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
working with lazy bums
Had a good center manager but upper management sucked they didnt respect there employess
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2016
Had a really good center manager. But upper management not so good. Better watch your back cause they will plan stuff on you and get you fired for something you didn't do.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No going up the ladder unless your in the click with upper management
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAOctober 8, 2016
I worked out of the San Juan Location. I never worked for a company with such a horrible culture. Because there is no training. You are assigned whomever is working the front desk.

Well because your new you don't know if what there teaching you is totally correct. This was my experience as I was sent to other centers to cover and discovered the real way I was to do my job.

So I feel I was set up to fail from the start time the person trading me was much younger and was a favorite of the new managers and I felt hostility most of the time toward me. I worked very hard there but was told by management I need to be perfect. Never make a mistake. Last time I checked I was human and humans make mistakes.

And if one person feels like they did not the right level of service you are fired. They could care less about you and never have your back.

Also a lot of the cars that get repaired have to come back due to various issues with the repair. Run don't walk from this company.
Pros
Free donuts on fridays
Cons
Good old boys club. Playing favorites
decent work place
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 27, 2016
its a good place to work but i have seen them do great employees done wrong management is not the most caring unless its affecting their wallets
benefits
Cons
managment
Big company.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 22, 2016
Big nation wide company. Decent benefits, they match a portion of 401k. If your a hard worker, there's plenty of room to move up.
Caliber Collision is committed to Quality Repairs, and Quality Employees
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 14, 2016
Caliber Collision is a great company to work for if you give them 100% they will give 100 plus back in return ! Caliber is very committed to making sure their employees have the latest training and tools to insure that their techs are top in the field,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Collision. Our community is ready to answer.