Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Good Intentions
Parts Manager (Current Employee), TXJuly 28, 2015
The Caliber way of conducting business is 'cost effective' however if the insurance companies could see what goes on in most Calibers they wouldn't make any of the DRPs and would tell their policy holders to steer clear.
Great Place to Work
Geico Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Pay, Office management, Great coworkers, everyone is willing to help
Cons: Really just the long hours but its worth it
Overall the people are wonderful, and the outlook they have at putting people back on track is a breadth of fresh air. Always enjoyed coming into work here, and would gladly work at caliber again.
Great Workplace!
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare benefits, Good Pay room for growth.
I loved working for Caliber. Everyone from upper management down to the people that worked at my location. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Busy, fast paced and always something to do, makes the day go by fast. My manager was awesome!
Excellent Company
Integration Training Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TX [Travel Across the US]June 15, 2015
Caliber is a great, employee and customer focus. Typical week involves traveling to a newly acquired location with then US. Training involves ensuring new associates understand Caliber's SOP and culture.
Great place and company to go to.
Automotive Body Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, ColoradoMay 27, 2015
Pros: bbq's and free lunches
Cons: never had much work in the summer.
Got to my station and prepared myself for much work to be done. I learned how to fix plastic bumper and work hands on with top mechanics. Management was very great definitely cared about their employees and how much we took care of ourselves working in such a rowdy place. Hardest part about the job was getting a lot done in one day. Just working in the Collision industry was the best of all.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: keeps you busy
very busy work place
multitasking with taking payment to scheduleing appointments and taking care of customers in the office
A good place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fort WorthApril 4, 2015
Pros: Income, health insurance, 401k, part of a family
Cons: None
I love my job. I walk in each day and get the opportunity to help both my customers and my staff. The benefits are above average and each day is something new. For those who are complaining on this site, maybe you are looking for something for nothing. A job is work, it should be. You get paid for a service, and it was you who chose your profession. A word of advice, there are MANY people out there who wish they have what you do so quit being squishy selfish complainers or choose a different job.
Company new to area
Estimator Project Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Company new to Florida. Not sure what I think. I was new to the old shop they bought out.(Autopride) Was not going to stay at Autopride, but hung around to see what they were all about. So no verdict yet
Nice Environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 17, 2015
overall the company is great. Very professional place to work. flexible hours. management was awesome so were the employees they really believe in internal promoting. very enjoyable management really took pride in the open door policy
Don't waste your time
Service advisor (Current Employee), folsom, caFebruary 7, 2015
this horrible company is what is hurting job searches. The are more than happy to TAKE résumés with zero intention of hiring anyone, they just stockpile resumes to keep their name out there. Don't fall for it, we do it every three months.
Horrible management with high expectations and low pay, unless your the managers "buddy".
auto paint prep (Current Employee), Colo Spgs, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 401k benefits
Cons: horrible management, greedy, other people take credit for your hard work daily.
The work and dedication is not appreciated, management only cares about their wallets. I have had to take on extra responsibilities such as training in paint prep on top of going out of my job description and babysitting with no raise. Yet the person I train came in inexperienced and makes the same hourly rate. No teamwork or communication whatsoever. I would not recommended this place. Only positive thing would be the 401k and health benefits.
Unconcerned
Parts coordinator (Former Employee), TexasNovember 2, 2014
Management was not concerned with how the work environment was stressful and uncooperative. You can learn a lot but it comes with a price, if you don't comply with whatever the management thinks you should be doing then you wont be successful, constantly requiring you go outside of your job description and do other peoples jobs that you have little to no training in and then blame you for anything – more... that is a mess. the co-workers are pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the job is that the manager require certain jobs to be done in a timely manner, but fail to see how difficult some tasks can be when there are people that are unwilling to work with you, such as vendors and some co-workers and especially the management. The pay isn't the best either, they say they are the highest paying in the business. There really isn't any room for advancement in the parts department, as far as I could tell you had to wait over a year for a pay increase if any at all. One thing that they do value is if you are a veteran, but even then they will dump you just as quickly as they hire you. – less
Poor Employment Opportunity
Paint Prep (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2014
How to prep and paint cars.
Management is not good.
The hardest part about my job is trying to make everyone work as a team.
productive high stressed low pay workplace
Detailer/Buffer (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJune 2, 2014
clock in at 7am get my list of cars that needed to be buffed. Then id goto my area set everything up get the parts and vvehicle, and start working. I didn't really talk to co-workers unless I was asked a question, because I was more focused on what I was doing. Most of my coworkers were pretty annoying, they played around and joked around a lot more then I did. Sometimes id join them after I finished – more... a car and going to get another. The hardest part of the job was mainly working on bright colored cars because they would blind you in the light or sun. the management time was alright 2/3 were the ones that would give me hard times when there was a small flaw that I had missed, because some of them you wouldn't see until the car got washed or in a certain lighting and angle. the most enjoyable part I had was working alone which aloud me to focus more and prevent problems like burning the paint or missing things. – less
Little Job training
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 8, 2014
Typical day consisted of working with clients who were seeking to get their cars repaired. Management really pushed production and getting cars finished however provided very little training yet held you accountable for sales.
Challenging but enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 11, 2014
On a daily basis, I was responsible for scheduling estimate appointments, greeting customers and answering phones, keeping the lobby clean and ensuring customer comfort items were stocked. I also organized and filed customer folders and invoices, input checks into estimating program, and assisted service advisors with updating their customers. While working here, I learned to schedule appointments – more... and how to operate a multi-line phone system, as well as how to prioritize tasks. The hardest part of the job was staying on top of tasks when the office was really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers would pick up their vehicles and they were happy with the work we did on them. My co-workers and the management made the job enjoyable and fun, while still maintaining a professional work environment. However, sometimes it felt like my co-workers and I were being baby-sat and that management didn't trust us to do our jobs right. – less
customer oriented
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: ethical treatment of customers
Cons: often long hours, family benefits more expensive than competitors
i was pleased with the procedures and the way the customers were taken care of. often had to work 50-60 hours a week to complete the job, which takes a bit of time away from family. higher pay would have compensated slightly for the time away.
Productive, busy, Fun
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Busy days from start to finish, assisting customer, answering phones, taking messages, setting up tows, setting appointment for estimate and drop offs, verifying car rental, updating car rental, verifying car insurance coverage and payment issue, managing incoming work flow, opening repair orders, taking in payments, etc.
My co-worker are mainly men and I would have to say some days with them I would have to say is the hardest, but I learned just to stay out their way on the not so good days and respect what they do. But the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to comfort my customers, and at the end of each day weather it was a bad day or good day we always make sure to tell each other goodnight.
High pressure with zero respect for family or personal time
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches at times, one hour lunches, discounts on parts and body work, some bonus's
Cons: healthcare, personal balance with life vs. work, extreme pressure with time sensitive matters, poor leadership, poor examples of management
They promise hours of operation from 730-530, but you end finding out that the service advisor position requires 65-70 hours a week. The company acts like they invite family and personal time for family (i.e. having a baby) The store manager's seem to lead by intimidation and disrespect. It all turns into a very poor working environment.
DONT DO IT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: management, long hours, bad pay
Horrible management. All the work you have to do is not worth the pay. With 10 hour days you have no life. Front desk has the most work to do and they get treated the worst. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were getting to know the guys that worked out back