Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews

We did not have a local operations manager and with that came alot of stress
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618June 20, 2017
I loved Caliber and what they stood for. They have an amazing processing system call H20. But without proper management it made things very difficult. Our office in Irvine did not have an ops manager located within the branch. Although they had three in the San Diego Area. If you needed a manager urgently you had to wait for them to get back to you. That would make it very stressful if you were under a time crunch for a CD or docs.
Productive friendly work enviorment
LOAN CLOSER/FUNDER (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 19, 2017
Excellent training, work environment very comfortable and coworkers always willing to help with questions or concerns regarding policy & procedures. Managers always accessible even if offsite. Great place to work
Good company, bad management
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 19, 2017
Caliber is a good company to work for however, my manager could have used more people skills. Business at Caliber has slowed down this season which offers less opportunity to bonus. They do not micro manage so you are able to work your day that best works for you. I have to say that my manager was the worst part of the job but my coworkers were the best.
Good working atmosphere
Closer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 16, 2017
Good working atmosphere, management very good. Most difficult were the closing rushes and change of circumstances which comes with the territory. Co workers are always helpful.
Great Company
Single Point-of-Contact Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 13, 2017
Great company with decent pays and incentives. Management listens to the needs of employees. Irving office is in a very nice area. Professional working environment with friendly staff.
Growing company with ample support
Closer/Funder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2017
Growing company with ample support in product training and customer service. Management conditional training insurance knowledge application and learning opportunities.
Great management
Registration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 9, 2017
I really enjoy working here. The management is great and is really helpful. So far they really do care about you as a person and are willing to listen to your problems you are having, and the managment will take their time to help train me until i can get it right.
Pros
good pay. good people
Cons
should be able to work from home
Very scripted
Tier 1 Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2017
If you want a job that you just clock in and follow a script, this is the job for you. They do have really good employee relations though. It is a boring job but it is a great company to work for.
Firm is #8
Acquisitions Conversion Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2017
Caliber is ranked as the #4 Non-Bank Lender and #2 in Purchase
We service approximately 550,000 home owners annually
In March alone, we helped 13,360 families achieve their dreams of homeownership
Caliber is recognized as a great place to work – we’re the #2 Employer of Choice in Mortgage
Not a good place if you want to learn
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2017
This company needs to get rid of the people who think are in charge and get rid of the people who let people do that !! Otherwise cofee was horrible. People complaint about bedbugs being found in a bathroom.
Pros
They let you wear headphones depending on the job
Cons
Too soft with long term employees
I think I have said it all
CORPORATE RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for. I think the scores I gave them about tells it all. I do not wish to dissect any areas of this corporation at this time. Fee free to ask me any questions and I will answer.
Small Company dealing with growing pains.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 24, 2017
They have some wonderful people that work their but it's a challenging environment because it's a small organization that is dealing with growing pains.
Good Benefits, local culture supressive
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Out of StateMay 21, 2017
Fast growing company, operations and sales not on same page.
Corporate environment is probably better than a branch environment. Branch support lacking.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
No Flexibility
Not the best place to build your carrer
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 18, 2017
We are not allowed to communicate with team members regarding the job. Feels much like daycare for children. Management is very disrespectful. Management not knowledgeable! No training.
Great company
Internship (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 17, 2017
Will be a great company to work for once I am licensed. It's a Home Loan Mortage company . They have many different programs to help people buy homes. I would love the opportunity to work for them under a paid position.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Was interning and it was not a paid intern
typical work day
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  openMay 16, 2017
Many processes without written procedures to backup the quality of work.Several VP's not accustom to implementing automation related totheir position.
Pros
remote work
Cons
automation and focus on quality
Production Assistant
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 1, 2017
very rewarding and learning experience that gives you the opportunity to train and learn under experience loan originators. caliber has excellent work/life balance.
A good platform to explore my new ideas
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2017
I love to work at this place.Nice coordination with staff.And easy to explore my ideas with out any distubances.It taught me the time maintence during the project building .And a lot of new things taught to me here.
Company over all very good -
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2017
Typical day at work is chaotic - extremely stressful and long

I have learned quite a bit here at Caliber - and value their input and their suggestions

The company itself is pretty awesome however as it is with most companies not every office is run the same -

The hardest part of the job is trying to accomplish everything that needs to be done in a timely manor - The processor position here at Caliber encompasses a lot more than most traditional run mortgage companies

The most enjoyable part of my job is my borrowers and making their dreams come true
Employees are an afterthought
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 26, 2017
They talk about work life balance and how important the employees are but then they don't get out the merit raises when they stated. No communication on it and then 2 months after the initial deadline passes HR sends an email that they will not go into affect till the end of May. During this time they mention numerous times how wonderful the company is doing and how they are purchasing MSR's and other companies. If you leave before 6pm, even if you come in at 7:30 get ready for the stink eye from management.
Pros
eh
Cons
lack of leadership, no communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7