Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans Employer Reviews

Horrible Company to Work for
Account Management (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 16, 2014
Woman and Minority dominated company.
Horrible work atmosphere, non achievers in management that like to have meetings in their glass offices.
Completely bias Quality Assurance team consisting of all women and minorities. Worst company I ever worked for.
Hippocritical Management, they hold you to standards but have few of their own they adhere to.
They – more... execute loan modifications and charge customers too much of a monthly payment and then deny they made a mistake. – less
One Hot Mess
Loan Officer (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 14, 2014
Pros: for top level executives looking to get lost in a huge beuracratic structure, this is for you.
Cons: zero level of accountability.
If your a upper executive looking to get lost in its top heavy, non-accountable structure, this is your place.

This place is like the Eiffel tower upside down. Very top heavy executive management with zero team building skills, an overwhelming feeling of entitlement and the poorest basic management skills in the business. The customer is just a number, – more... customer service in their own departmental structure is lacking or non-existent all together. This translates in poor customer service to their actual clients. Driven by big dollars at the top, this company culture can only exist for so long before it simply topples on its own weight. Producers are pitted against one another in a "Thunderdome" mentality and their technology lacks focus, vision and aptitude.

Learn to manage, take some courses, cut the excessive fat at the executive level. – less
Stale Work Envoriment
Valuation Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 13, 2014
Caliber grew to fast, and didn learn from other Mortgage Companies.
stressful environment to work in
Single Point Of Contact Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great pay/bonus
Cons: lack of knowledgeable managers
This place starts off as a great environment.But the call center became a collections environment for modification documents. Bonus structure changed and soon the SPOC department was designed to where customers did not speak with their Point Of contact. This job is perfect for collection reps and not looking for a quick advancement.
Productive and fun workplace
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2014
Pros: flexible
A unusual Call Center environment. It was the best job ever. The managers were great, the coworkers were like family, and the pay was at the top of its kind
Enjoyed working with the company
Loan Review Auditor (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 29, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: company needs more structure
Great Team to work with when it comes to helping others to learn new processes.
Sweat Shop Mentality
bankruptcy/foreclosure (Former Employee), San DiegoJune 12, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: management
Management treats you like a number, you are degraded and threatened with job loss at every turn. Managers intimidate you and make you feel as if you could loose your job at any time for any reason. This company skates the line of what is legal and illegal. Stressful work environment. The policies change everyday.
Awesome People, Great Management
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: technology, people, management, compensation & benefits
Cons: growing so fast hard to keep up sometimes
I have been with Caliber for over 2 years now on the Retail side, and I love working here. My co- workers are all hard working and great people. It is an honor to work with them. Caliber provides an enviroment that is positive and supporting. The technology and Operating system are far superior to any of their competitors and it makes my job easy. Upper – more... Management is always available for support. The compensation is competative. I have worked for a horribly managed company (Metlife) in the past, and the difference is night and day. – less
Work Culture was awesome and friendly employees
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 12, 2014
Working knowledge in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to manage ETL environment.
Experience in working with huge databases, troubleshooting issues and documenting the causes.
Okay place to work
Purchase Clearing Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TexasMay 9, 2014
Company has a flexible work schedule. Not big on annual raises
The Collections Department is full of energy
Collections Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2014
Pros: i am able to interact with different customers around the world.
Cons: at times it so busy there is no opportunity to take a lunch break depending on what's going on.
Employees are very dedicated trying to collect; there are always opportunity for bonuses at the end of the month; prizes are always given out to make it fun while trying to collect.
I was remote underwriter working from home. Office support staff was very helpful and professional
UNDERWRITER III (Former Employee), Rancho Bernardo, CAMarch 31, 2014
I worked long hours. Overall, I really enjoyed working there.
Collections Specialist Tier I (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2014
Answer in/out bound calls in fast paced environment where delinquent customers received assistance to bring mortgages current. First call-center experience and where knowledge of multitasking was applied to fulfill job duties.
enjoyable work place
Mortgage Support Specialist (Former Employee), Itasca, ILMarch 19, 2014
Pros: you were rewarded for your hard work.
Cons: that they eliminated the department i was in and had to let people go.
The best part of the job is that I made lifetime friendships.
Very Stricked
Workout Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 4, 2014
They hire from within and that is fine but it depends on who you know in this company.
Great exposure to the Legal side of mortgage servicing
Compliance Analyst-Legal/Compliance Department (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great exposure to many facets of the compliance side of the industry
Cons: short tenured stay overall
I learned an enormous amount of information to include regulatory compliance on a federal, state and local level. I was tasked to head weekly meeting to bring all business units up-to-date with current changes in laws. Any updates to policies and procedures were a big part of my every day job.
Great Company and Outstanding origination software
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hard working processors, minimal overlays
Cons: no 580 fha program yet
Caliber is a great company to work for. It has a small time feel even though it is a large company. I have truly learned more about my talents of relationship building while being here as you do have to generate your own business. The corporate management team is supportive and really provides us with tools needed to be a mainstay in the market.

The – more... are not many hard parts to the job and I truly feel like it's the easy file submission I've experienced in all my 13 years. This makes the job truly enjoyable and allows me more time to originate more business. – less
No work life balance
Foreclosure Service Assistant (Former Employee), Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 16, 2013
Over worked and under paid. No regard for life outside of work.
Nice breakroom
SPOC Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 13, 2013
Pros: ability for job advancements
Cons: short breaks, unbalanced workflow
Typical work day includes working on a spreadsheet of borrowers assigned to my queue. Contact with borrowers or authorized third parties to inform them the status of their account in regards to their loan modification requests, short sale or a deed in lieu when applicable. The status could be anywhere from where the account stands in terms of documents – more... received, progress in the modification or other loss mitigation program.
Management is less hands off in terms of monitoring the progress of your accounts then they are of Quality Assurance scores but they are also there to help with any question you may have.
Co-workers all work hard in the tasks assigned to them. We are all there because of past work and accomplishments.
The hardest part of the job is establishing a continuous workflow due to the infrastructure that is still changing in terms of job responsibilities. Management is still working on establishing the issues associated with the job title.
Most rewarding part of my job is informing borrowers that a modification, short sale or a deed in lieu has successfully been accomplished. It's a great feeling know that you were part of the process in achieving their requests. – less
Wonderful work enviroment.
Government Insuring Underwriter/Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 5, 2013
Great teamwork with outstanding management providing excellent support. Co-workers are such wonderful team players with the proper attitude to succeed.

1 2 3