CALIBRE

CALIBRE Employer Reviews

Good productive work envirment.
Assistant Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2014
A typical work day started from 6am to 2:30 and given a schedule for the area that needed repair and a service. Management worked closely with our project and employees and gave great input and advice to help excel in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of the customer when the job was complete. Also going beyond – more... expatiations. – less
Good experience
Painter (Former Employee), Grafton, WIJune 27, 2014
Learned a lot about painting & motorcyles. Great group of people to work alongside. Repetitive work.
This is great!
Program Analyst-Budget Execution Division (Current Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 1, 2013
Professional Experience:
Calibre, Alexandria, Virginia. (Department of Defense, Washington Headquarters Services: WHS)
Program Analyst-Budget Execution Division June 2012-Present

· Responsible for assisting in the program management of various projects, including the execution of work performance and ensuring compliance with requirements and high quality – more... standards.
· Responsible for programming, planning budgeting and the execution support with integration support of government customers.
· Assists in Multi-year Budget formulation, resource and cost management.
· Development of policies and procedures that ensure effective planning of resources and budgetary requirements
· Prepared, directed and presented strategy papers, briefings demos and course of action to top level management.
· Responsible for assisting in the migration to financial records from WAAS to EBAS/CABS Comptroller Accounting & Budget System
· Responsible for researching and analyzing contracts for financial processing
· Also responsible for resolving prior-year un-liquidated obligations (MIPR’s) and resolving (Contracts, Work Order, Miscellaneous Obligation Documents, Travel Orders and Interagency Agreements).
· Responsible for reconciliation and resolution of disbursement issues.
· Conducts detailed analysis of obligations and expenditures related to appropriation.
· Assists in responding of audits for internal and external agencies and provide timely and accurate responses.
· Assists in forecasting of operational budgets – less
Productive Employee
Programmer (Former Employee), HuntsvilleNovember 4, 2013
Productive and I enjoyed my employment with Calibre. Very hard worker and dependable. I am a Team player and very easy to get along with fellow employees.
Calibre really cares for the professional development of employees.
Intelligence Scenario Planner Fire Support Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: employee owned company which takes care of employees.
Cons: joint contract with yorktown.
Worked independently as an LNO reporting directly to training support command.
Worst job I've ever worked at.
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 5, 2013
Over a four month period I felt like tossed around like a rag doll. I had a bad training experience, my supervisor changed three different times, my job duties were constantly in flux, and I never had enough time to do everything.

I was told the time would be 'flux' but I was required to come in a certain time every day and had a required time I had – more... to leave every day, and I was forced to take an hour lunch even though I didn't need it.

My manager told me several times she didn't know the specifics of my job, but she constantly told me I was doing a bad job. My favorite part was on my 90 day evaluation they told me I was doing a decent job, and the literal very next day they said I was doing poorly and risked losing my job.

I could never recommend this job to anybody. – less
Very nice place to work.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), AlexandriaAugust 21, 2013
I love this company and the work environment here is great. My commute is very long. I am looking for something close to Herndon Va. I would recommentd this place to everyone.
Not what I expected
GIS Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Hunter LiggettMay 30, 2013
Pros: flex work schedule can bank holidys if want
Cons: insurance, 401k match not until meet 2 years, not much vacation, etc.
Make sure your not a Schedule II employee or your benefits won't be what the rest of the company gets as a Schedule II employee
As a whole the company is good, just at this site, a lot of unhappy people created from the leadership, work is a no fun zone..
Program Analyst - National Maintenance Site (Former Employee), Johnston, IAApril 18, 2013
Pros: once a quarter free lunch under 6 dollars and xmas meal
Cons: to many to start out, trying to be positive.
Come into work do your job and go home. How to create Power Points through Plagiarism, when this was pointed out a blind eye was turned. Management was less then professional. Most of the employees were not happy because of leadership changes while I was deployed. Coming to work each morning and listening to the sexual content language and abuse of – more... government time and money.
When I decide to leave. – less
Awesome Company
VA Benefits Adviser (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great work life balnace
Cons: contract work furlough is possible
CALIBRE is an employee owned company and they treat the employees as such. The benefits package is unmatched. The managers are friendly and professorial. They have family days and activities throughout the year to promote the work life balance. Great company to be an employee/owner in.
Company new to Cultural
Collections Manager / Archaeologist (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 11, 2013
When I worked for them, we were their first cultural contract so it was a learning curve for the company
CALIBRE is a good place to work for individuals who need to balance their work and life.
Analyst (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 20, 2012
Since CALIBRE is a management and IT consulting company, Your work hours will depends on the type of contracts you are in. Employees are very kind and help new folks to learn processes and its unique culture at CALIBRE. The hardest part of the job at CALIBRE is securing your position within projects as the customers are reducing project costs. The most – more... enjoyable part of CALIBRE is that you can equally balance work and life. – less
Solutions-oriented Logistics and Finance Professional, offering 9 years experience in supply-chain management and resource management.
Senior Financial Analyst (Site Lead) (Current Employee), Shaw AFB, SCOctober 2, 2012
Throughout the 9 years I've worked for the U.S. Army, I've learned, taught, and have mastered a multitude of Logisitics and Finance systems. I've teamed up with various companies as well as the government to provide seamless transitions between legacy and modernized logistical and financial systems.

The hardest part of my job has been the instability – more... or unknown within the actual contract. The most enjoyable part of my job is researching both financial and logistical errors within the system, and providing effective solutions to the government. – less
Interesting place to work
Production Paint Line Operator (Former Employee), Grafton, WIJune 12, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no sit down work
Worked on paint line and masking motorcycle tanks and fenders. Lots of standing and walking. Learned how to use tape and paper to cover tanks and fenders. Learned how to bump and sand out dings in tanks and fenders. Management helped me find suitable work in the plant while pregnant, instead of laying me off. Great Christmas parties, summer parties, – more... and very generous management. Cream puffs from Wisconsin State Fair! – less
Good place if you can get a full time gig
GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 24, 2012
Pros: company takes care of their full time eployees
Cons: company doesn't take care of part time employees
I worked on a temporary project that had decent pay but no benefits. When it was over, a real effort was made to find a permanent position in the company. One was found and I took it.
The company provided well and respected workers for their experience
Senior Mechanical Designer/Checker (Former Employee), Perth WAApril 24, 2014
Pros: excellent conditions
Cons: none to mention
The work place was excellent, workload was handled well and you were not required to work outside your comfort zone.
Overseas contractor
Senior Analyst/Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee), Camp Arifjan, KuwaitMay 23, 2012
Make truckloads of cash, never see your family for six months. Great experience, just be ready for the tour. BTW - it's HOT in Kuwait

About CALIBRE

CALIBRE staff also design and apply more common remediation technologies such as soil vapor extraction, pump and treat, and soil – Read more