Our store teams need highly motivated individuals to perform the shipping and receiving functions in our fast paced retail decorating stores. Specific job duties are outlined below:
Unload and properly locate all shipments and incoming orders of merchandise, fixtures, display pieces, and equipment. Accurately receive and record all incoming merchandise according to company standards; place into stock with proper tags attached; record merchandise accurately in computer system. Alert management to any defects or discrepancies encountered while inspecting bolts. Complete proper rack location of the fabric on the floor and in the computer.
Properly pack and ship all outgoing merchandise in a timely manner. Maintain familiarity with all merchandise and its location within the store on an ongoing basis. Maintain and organize merchandise in stockroom so it is properly located and accessible to others.
Maintain any files required for tracking of merchandise as directed by Store Manager. Order and maintain supplies according to specific manager instructions. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of all fixtures and equipment. Perform routine maintenance tasks on all equipment related to primary duties. Perform housekeeping duties as directed by management. Perform other errands and odd jobs as assigned by management.
Assist store management in preparing store for physical inventory, and work with associates to ensure an accurate count. Work on sales floor at Manager discretion. Attend store meetings and training sessions as directed by the Manager.
- Lifting and controlling heavy and bulky merchandise (up to 50 - 100 lbs) regularly throughout the day. Occasionally may have to move heavy store equipment with assistance.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Standing, stooping, climbing service ladders, and maintaining a rapid physical pace for the duration of scheduled work.
- Distinguishing colors and patterns.
- Operating store equipment safely and competently.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math skills involved in keeping accurate records.
- Exhibit responsible and dependable behavior in completion of all assigned tasks.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to work a schedule which is subject to change weekly. Willingness to work extended hours, weekends, promotions, sales and semi-annual inventories as scheduled or required.
- Ability to work well with store team.
- Basic computer skills are required.