California's Great America Employee Reviews

Great Environment, Great people to work with
Cash Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 30, 2016
Working here is quite an experience when everyone else is good to you. It is a great environment to be in and there's always a positive vibe. I learned that when communicating with others will help you better on finishing your job.
Fun environment
Area Supervisor-Investigations (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 27, 2016
The security department is ran by great management. This is a great place to work if you're looking to enter the law enforcement world. Other departments are also great and will be great experience as a first time job.
Pros
Fun place to work, great experience.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits.
Not The Great
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 21, 2016
My first year was good, but my second year wasn't so much. I think there was very little dedication and teamwork in my second year. I didn't really learn anything from it except generic ideas of responsibility, but it bothered me that many people were irresponsible and no one seemed to care. The job itself was also very monotonous.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Lunches were bad and not free, low teamwork, long commute
.Food Associate
Food's Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 6, 2016
A typical day at work is fast pacing service, some of the workers operated the rides were kind of rude but , they were a ok company to work at they need to give all workers a raise.
It is a fun place to work.
Cash Control Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 6, 2016
It is a fun place to work for its divided into a smaller department and group's of employees you work with. You get to know everyone very well. It is great in term of management if you want to implement a different way of doing a task and if employee's have problems with each other it can go bad.
Pros
Fee summer splash and park tickets.
This place reeks of desperation and BS
Halloween Haunt Talent/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2016
My little saying for this place comes from the fact that they are always desperate in terms of staffing. They are desperate for staffing because of all the BS that happens with management. When I worked here I was injured several times and found out that several safety and health codes were violated. I enjoyed running the rides and for the most part my coworkers were great, however the fact that management doesn't care about their workers killed it for me. I do NOT recommend this place for employment unless you are desperate for a job.
fun experiance. .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 23, 2016
I didn't have any problems with co-workers. nor managers. also i would get more help with my work after my shift is over and done .
Pros
Nice people co-workers., friend's supervisor's and manager's.
Cons
short hour breaks..
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 8, 2016
great place to learn to develop great and fast customer service. very flexible in schedules. perfect job when you are going to school they can work with you
Learning experience & builds relationships
Antique Photo Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2016
This is also a great first job, you learn the basics of having a job. You learn customer service relations and make good connections but it is only seasonal and management could use improvement.
Customer Interaction.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2016
A day working at Great America would conduct of consistancy and accuracy. Making sure we are following all safety regulation. I enjoyed working/meeting new people.
fun place
Talent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 8, 2016
fun place to work at when your in high school, the co workers were helpful on my first day. The hard part was knowing when id go on breaks. Management was a little messy
productive work area, and fun work environment
Retail associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work is first getting on the floor and clocking in, then report to supervisor who came in. Then sending people on their lunches before they violate, after they come back from lunch at whichever game you are at i would take care of last breaks. meanwhile help guests, explain the rules for the game, and assist in any way that i could. I would also make sure i'm advertising for the game and keeping my work area clean. I would then talk to supervisors and make sure co workers with mid shifts got their last breaks. Then when it came around time for closers last breaks, i would start them and make sure everyone had one. Second to last thing id so if fix any display that is needed, close down games and take the mics down to tech services and make sure they were plugged in then clock out when my shift is over. I learned a lot working at great america, like advertising for my game, time management, and cash handling. In great america all co workers are relatively close and make sure everyone is okay throughout the day. Management is very good and will make sure you have everything you need and will go beyond expectation to make sure you are having a good day. The hardest part of the job is staying in the sun for hours when its hot. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with my coworkers and interacting with guests.
Pros
fun environment, great job experience, flexible scheduling, guest service experience, time management, and cash handling.
Cons
being out in the sun for long periods of time
Long hours, Lots of hours
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 6, 2016
Worked there as a 17 year old minor. Had 40 hours a week and the work was exhausting. I have bad feet for one, so I had difficulty doing most of the work at the end of days. They honestly just need a lot more workers in a day so they can cut back the hours and make the whole situation easier on everyone.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
Many hours, hard work, low pay.
Productive, learned a great deal of customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 20, 2016
Great America is a good place for a first time job. I learned what hard work is about. I learned about customer service and how to handle needy people. I didn't care for the fact you never know who your supervisor is there. It will always be someone knew. It being a seasonal job their turn over rate is very high. If you miss more then 3 days they write you up and get rid of you. Just to bring in someone new. I am glad for the experience but happy I'm looking for something that will increase my job experience for my future
Fun place to work. Good job for a single person
Ride maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 20, 2016
California's Great America is a unique place to work. Working on amusement park rides is fun and at times exciting. The work requires a general knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, carpentry, etc.The hours can be a little rough for those with families. The benefits package is good and the only real downer to the job is that the pay isnt really up to par with being in the Silicon Valley but few jobs around here are going to be.
Productive workplace
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 18, 2016
Unfair treatment but great place to meet new people. Learned management skills. Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing everything come together
Making people have the best experience
Haunt Talent/Blackout (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2016
For this job, I have signed up to be a talent, and also a blackout. A "talent" is responsible for scaring the audience and is also responsible for keeping them safe with a fun and safe environment. A "blackout" is responsible for those who are a trouble for the maze. They are to call the supervisor for report if there are any of the audience's are disrespecting others, and also ruining the maze. Learning about the people that are around you is important because it is a necessity to have some sort of communication with each other. My co-workers were able to communicate with me and we were able to perform a skill that we wanted to do. Also the other co-workers that were in the maze were fun and put a smile on my face because of how funny they were scaring people. They were able to stand up for each other whenever someone tried to disrespect others. The hardest part of the job is when I make mistakes. Sometimes making a mistake, big or small, can make a huge impact on others and also the environment. However, I never made those mistakes twice. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself. Whether I'm scaring the audience, or watching the audience get scared, it was enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts in the cafe
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 5, 2016
I learned how to work in a fast food service job. I worked hard and accurately in everything I did. Learned to keep a job and be a good employee.
Fun place to work with a unique atmosphere with flexible hours
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2016
This is a fun place to work. It is a unique environment by working outdoors. It has flexible hours and you learn valuable skills like time management and guest relations. Everyone really cares about their employees and you make friends for life. The hardest part about the job is working outdoors in the heat and cold. The best part about the job is meeting new people and watching the guests have fun.
Pros
Free admission to the park, great co-workers, and flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed
Productive Stressful work place
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 13, 2016
The coworkers are friendly, some are nice and some aren't. A typical day at CGA is fun but also challenging. The most hard part was dealing with customer service because when you provided the best service that you can do, the guests would be mad depending on the situation. Most guests do follow our services. Most employees that worked at the amusement park went to High school or Middle school with me. I learned that no matter how hard you work, you'll always be appreciated.
Pros
cheap lunches, free park tickets and discounts
Cons
short breaks, standing on cement for 8 hours straight, can't sit unless health issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California's Great America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8