California Bank & Trust

California Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

very good Bank to work for
Loan Servicing Specialist IV (Current Employee), La Habra, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Management, bonuses
Cons: Healthcare
work flow is very busy at this Bank I like coming to work everyday. I learned so much here from all my co-workers they taught me a whole lot. management is very good and helpful open door policy all the time with what ever questions you have for them. co-workers are fun to work with funny and very helpful. I don't think there is a hard thing here everyone Is very helpful if anyone has a question every helps out. I have been with this Bank for 7 years + and this group of people are so helpful and fun to work with this is the most fun I have worked at a Bank.
Fun place/ orgainzed workplace
Commercial & Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun meeting
Cons: compete with its own bank
Organized /centralized banks.
Easy programs to follow with.

Good training with professionals outside of the work place.

Honor people with good works.
Great place to gain experience.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), CANovember 21, 2014
Responsible for processing customer deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier checks, loan payments, and cash advances. Refer products to customers.
Make sure that the branch operations run as smoothly as possible.
Complete work assigned to me to me in a timely manner with very little supervision.
Help open new accounts and do new account maintenance.
Compliance Analyst
N/A (Current Employee), San DiegoSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits - great employees to work with and team work a plus
Cons: lack of simple daily job procedures and lack of training
New dept. Compliance. Every month procedures were changed. Hard to grasp the game when the rules keep changing.
Zion Mgmt. couldn't even put together procedures that would stay in effect for more than a quarter. Between auditors & Zion...
Supervisors could not agree on how to handle and review daily work.
I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Systems Management - Document Imaging (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 13, 2014
I was pleased with my direct supervisor she gave me the opportunity to balance my work and life schedule.
Productive job
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great support team, benefits
Cons: employee moral
Working at California Bank & Trust has been a great experience. I have learned a lot of their banking systems and accounting in a larger corporation. The management has taught me a lot and is always there for support. I am happy they have taught me and have let me spread my wings. My co-workers are very helpful also.
Great experience working for California Bank & Trust
Sr Processing Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: got a bonus every year
Cons: high deductible insurance
Great company to work for. The people are friendly and very helpful.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: very productive environment, non stressful
Cons: poor health insurance coverage
Completing reports and meeting lots of deadlines. Learned lots of different banking systems, software and extensive training in banking regulations
very tense and quiet environment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2013
making calls and taking care of customer needs. good learning place.
Everything is ok until you get robbed...
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2013
after my robbery they did not want to hire a security guard, put up bandit barriers, or somehow increase some type of security. This job is fine to work when your going to school. Or else, move on.

I was entitled to see a psychologist after the robbery to at least have someone to talk to. managers were calling me, bugging me to ask if i was returning to work. LEAVE ME ALONE!! I WAS JUST ROBBED!!

I decided to hire an attorney...best decision i ever made, because i wasnt aware of my rights as a worker. they just dont care about you here. no bank does. all they want is loans (which is stupid cuz they dont approve anyone), and checking accounts.

Benefits were expensive. medical especially, and im a single worker. get a civil service job...its better.
This was a fun and enjoyable place to work
Lending Assistant/Operations (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed my co workers and daily work tasks. We dealt directly with customers which always added a change of pace to the daily work
Employee orientated culture
Vice President, Encinitas Branch Manager (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAAugust 14, 2013
Great access to management, tough pricing formula in today's market.
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2013
I was a in-bound call center lead. I also trained co-workers.
Large learning curve Required, Always Challenging
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: interaction with a large number of people.
Cons: imbalanced professional / personal life.
Typical Day at Work: In the mortgage industry always be prepared for anythiing and a constant shifting in priorities & Tasks.

What I have Learned: New perspective of the operations and administration. Deeper understanding of SQL and Access databases.

Hardest Part of the Job: Lack of training, communication.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: I am never bored.
Collaborative workplace
Disbursement Analyst (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2013
Pros: early outs for holidays
Well-managed Real Estate Disbursement department. Training is learn-as-you-go, which means positions require strong, motivated, and individuals that take initiative and do not lack ambition or determination.
Best Employer to have
Customer Service Assistant II/ Back- up FSR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: left the company because i had to move and there were no locations close to where i moved to
CBT was great on acknowledging their employees and rewarding them for a job well done. As a CSA I managed both the teller line and drive up, ordered cashed, sent out wires, and assisted the ABM with audit procedures. I was also responsible for maintaining and processing the ATM.
GREAT WORK PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 10, 2013
I LOVED MY MANAGER AND THE COMPANY. IT WAS A FUN AND WELCOMING WORK ENVIRONMENT. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO STAY!
Good Company
Operations & Statement Clerk (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2013
The company looked after its employees and customer. I had the opportunity to work with such a great staff and the work experience led to opportunities for the future.
Good ol boys club
Not valued employee (Former Employee), VistaNovember 3, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no advancement ...csm is a micro manager
Do not I repeat do not work at this office. The management is a joke. The turnover rate is obvious die to the CSM trying to micro management everyone maybe if she had a life it wouldn't be so bad.
Excellent staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gardena CaJuly 10, 2012
Pros: hours and management are very flexible
Cons: benefits dont cover much and we dont have dental and vision
Work with a wonderful,friendly, motivating staff who dedicate their days to help customers in the best way possible.
I am a full time Customer Service Rep II. My day consists of cross selling core products, helping customers with basic over the counter transactions; such as, deposits, withdrawals, account inquiries, CTR's, balancing the vault and ATMs.

California Bank & Trust Salaries

Customer Service Manager
$52,000 per year
Relationship Banker
$65,000 per year

California Bank & Trust Photos

Evening shot of the CB&T office building in downtown Los Angeles.