California Bank & Trust

California Bank & Trust Employer Reviews

Productive job
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great support team, benefits
Cons: employee moral
Working at California Bank & Trust has been a great experience. I have learned a lot of their banking systems and accounting in a larger corporation. The management has taught me a lot and is always there for support. I am happy they have taught me and have let me spread my wings. My co-workers are very helpful also.
Great experience working for California Bank & Trust
Sr Processing Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: got a bonus every year
Cons: high deductible insurance
Great company to work for. The people are friendly and very helpful.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: very productive environment, non stressful
Cons: poor health insurance coverage
Completing reports and meeting lots of deadlines. Learned lots of different banking systems, software and extensive training in banking regulations
very tense and quiet environment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2013
making calls and taking care of customer needs. good learning place.
Everything is ok until you get robbed...
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2013
after my robbery they did not want to hire a security guard, put up bandit barriers, or somehow increase some type of security. This job is fine to work when your going to school. Or else, move on.

I was entitled to see a psychologist after the robbery to at least have someone to talk to. managers were calling me, bugging me to ask if i was returning – more... to work. LEAVE ME ALONE!! I WAS JUST ROBBED!!

I decided to hire an attorney...best decision i ever made, because i wasnt aware of my rights as a worker. they just dont care about you here. no bank does. all they want is loans (which is stupid cuz they dont approve anyone), and checking accounts.

Benefits were expensive. medical especially, and im a single worker. get a civil service job...its better. – less
This was a fun and enjoyable place to work
Lending Assistant/Operations (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed my co workers and daily work tasks. We dealt directly with customers which always added a change of pace to the daily work
Employee orientated culture
Vice President, Encinitas Branch Manager (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAAugust 14, 2013
Great access to management, tough pricing formula in today's market.
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2013
I was a in-bound call center lead. I also trained co-workers.
Large learning curve Required, Always Challenging
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: interaction with a large number of people.
Cons: imbalanced professional / personal life.
Typical Day at Work: In the mortgage industry always be prepared for anythiing and a constant shifting in priorities & Tasks.

What I have Learned: New perspective of the operations and administration. Deeper understanding of SQL and Access databases.

Hardest Part of the Job: Lack of training, communication.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: I am never – more... bored. – less
Collaborative workplace
Disbursement Analyst (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2013
Pros: early outs for holidays
Well-managed Real Estate Disbursement department. Training is learn-as-you-go, which means positions require strong, motivated, and individuals that take initiative and do not lack ambition or determination.
Best Employer to have
Customer Service Assistant II/ Back- up FSR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: left the company because i had to move and there were no locations close to where i moved to
CBT was great on acknowledging their employees and rewarding them for a job well done. As a CSA I managed both the teller line and drive up, ordered cashed, sent out wires, and assisted the ABM with audit procedures. I was also responsible for maintaining and processing the ATM.
GREAT WORK PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 10, 2013
I LOVED MY MANAGER AND THE COMPANY. IT WAS A FUN AND WELCOMING WORK ENVIRONMENT. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO STAY!
Good Company
Operations & Statement Clerk (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2013
The company looked after its employees and customer. I had the opportunity to work with such a great staff and the work experience led to opportunities for the future.
Good ol boys club
Not valued employee (Former Employee), VistaNovember 3, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no advancement ...csm is a micro manager
Do not I repeat do not work at this office. The management is a joke. The turnover rate is obvious die to the CSM trying to micro management everyone maybe if she had a life it wouldn't be so bad.
Excellent staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gardena CaJuly 10, 2012
Pros: hours and management are very flexible
Cons: benefits dont cover much and we dont have dental and vision
Work with a wonderful,friendly, motivating staff who dedicate their days to help customers in the best way possible.
I am a full time Customer Service Rep II. My day consists of cross selling core products, helping customers with basic over the counter transactions; such as, deposits, withdrawals, account inquiries, CTR's, balancing the vault and ATMs.
Managing a CB&T cost center is much like running your own business. You're more in tuned with your bottom line!
VP/Regional Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 14, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: knowledge is power- some were not into sharing.
I was given automony to prioritize my own day, manage the non-exempt incentive plans, and reinforce sales and service techniques in meetings to retain and grow CB&Ts customer base.
What I learned was that all associates can be great sales associates if they have the right mentor or coach. Attitude is everything, willingness to learn should be a priority, – more... and in return recognition for their contributions is a must!
My co-workers were very supportive and knowledgeable, in their own field of expertise, which garnered teamwork, respect, and common goal attitude towards the "big picture".
The hardest part of the job was the economy and the fall-out of some loans - commercial underwriting seemed to allow only a small window of opportunity for business owners. APYs were too low to invest. Market values of homes were not high enough for consumers to take advantage APRs, equity, or refinancing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how responsive associates were towards any sort acknowledgement or imparted knowledge to help them obtain sales and service goals! – less
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2012
A typical day at work would be assisting customers and non-customers with cash transactions, deposits, withdrawals and payments to loans or credit cards.

I have learned California Bank & Trust's policy and procedures on handling transactions, which is usually different at other financial institutions.

Management is really positive and appreciative – more... for all of our hard work throughout every day.

The hardest part of my job is when management would like to place a hold on a deposit for my customer. I feel that is very difficult to tell my customer that he or she cannot use their funds for up to 7 business days because we have to place a hold on the funds until the check clears.

What I love about my job the most is interaction with all of my customers that come into the bank on a regular basis. I enjoy working with people and getting to know them and about their business. With this being said I love helping my customers by suggesting products and services that could really help their business or personal finances. – less
Productive & positive work environment
Disbursement Analyst III (Former Employee), Irvine, CA & Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2012
Pros: team-building events
Cons: little tuition reimbursement
Great mid-level and senior management with open-door policies, lots of employee building events in and out of the office. Positive company culture with excellent HR staff.
I love this Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Irvine,caMarch 27, 2012
This Bank is seriously the most professional bank i have ever seen. everyone is extremely well trained.
Professional working culture, with friendly faces.
Field Services Technician (IT) III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: friendly working atmosphere, and excellent benefits.
Cons: monday-friday - some weekends.
Working for this company was an amazing experience. Professional through out all levels of employees, and a friendly atmosphere. The best of working for a large company, as well as the closeness of a small company.