California Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Banc of Cal
Customer Service Manager II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 5, 2016
Easy flow of traffic. Not very well in upper management as they laid off 13 managers and have 2 managers overseeing 2 offices. One office is always favored which is the managers primary home office. The other office is treated like step child, but still expected to meet all goals
Great company
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 25, 2016
It was a great company to work for, great customer-system is very old fashion but great environment to be. Pays better then other banks
Pros
great hours
Cons
health care
I miss working for CB&T
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crestline, CAApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working for CB&T. Our Branch was under staff however the culture and tools CB&T provides to their employees is wonderful. They offer opportunities to move up within the company, they have a lot of goals they expect their employees to achieve but they properly train you and guide you to succeed.
My co-workers became my second family.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
under staff
My day
Customer Service Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 22, 2015
My day depends on were I am going... With my job title I traveled to other branches to help out with the branch. I would either work in there new account desk to working on the teller line helping out the client and learning the ins and outs of there jobs with my position I was in training to become a customer service supervisor that works closely to becoming a manager. I would help clients with there daily transactions
Pros
Working with a great staff
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 29, 2015
My tenure at California Bank & Trust was a positive one, enhanced by a great team of individuals to work with. It is an employer that seeks to promote employees from within that perform exceptionally
Affinity Bank
VICE PRESIDENT/ COMMERCIAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
Affinity Bank was a small bank. I worked there for over 2 years when it was taken over by the FDIC and bought by Pacific Western Bank.
Best team atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 19, 2015
Best place I have ever worked

Team work was key

All the employees are nice from Management to co-workers

Employees were encouraged to learn and thrive

Only downfall was their Medical insurance could be a little less confusing and streamlined.

If you have a chance to work for them I reccomend you do so wonderful company
Pros
Work Ethics
Cons
Working with associates becomes a family working day
Online banking - Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Di, CaegoJuly 17, 2015
Management works well in building staff knowledge of banking procedures and overall training. Benefits, 401 k plan and company sponsored outings are comparable to other companies.
Pros
Parking and full lunchroom set up
High stress job at times and often less than professional management behavior.
Loan Representative and Servicing Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day involved reviewing loan servicing requests, analyzing financial documents to verify continued credit worthiness, writing up Administration Actions for viable servicing requests to be approved by upper management. Explaining SBA program guidelines, bank processes and loan terms to customers. Working with customers, original underwriters, loan processors, operations group and special asset credit management to research and resolve loan issues. Reviewing reports for pending actions and risk tracking system to prioritize daily work. Multiple special projects as handed down from management. Plus monthly Banking compliance and underwriting process trainings.

Unfortunately, management didn't offer career development coaching or assistance. Many often cursed and argued in non-private situations. When you contacted HR to bring up issues or request follow-up on internal job applications, it was obvious that the HR department was not there for the employees, but rather to look out for the Bank's and management interests only.

The hardest part of the job was responding to customers whose requests were denied and working with struggling customers whose business had been non-profitable for an extended time during the recession.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with individual borrowers who were in desperate need of assistance and whom I was able to fulfill or exceed their expectations. I also enjoyed the financial analysis and reporting, as well as auditing loans to make sure the system was set up correctly. Finding and fixing errors in the
  more... systems to improve loan management accuracy.  less
Pros
Annual bonuses and employee appreciation events.
Cons
Lack of job security and management support.
Was the start of my Commercial Loan Processing
Lending Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 8, 2015
I learned all aspects of Consumer Lending as well as Commercial Real Estate Loans.

The loan processing was handled by different departments within the bank so I was limited on the full loan processing experience.
very good Bank to work for
Loan Servicing Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 20, 2015
work flow is very busy at this Bank I like coming to work everyday. I learned so much here from all my co-workers they taught me a whole lot. management is very good and helpful open door policy all the time with what ever questions you have for them. co-workers are fun to work with funny and very helpful. I don't think there is a hard thing here everyone Is very helpful if anyone has a question every helps out. I have been with this Bank for 7 years + and this group of people are so helpful and fun to work with this is the most fun I have worked at a Bank.
Pros
Management, bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place/ orgainzed workplace
Commercial & Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Organized /centralized banks.
Easy programs to follow with.

Good training with professionals outside of the work place.

Honor people with good works.
Pros
FUN MEETING
Cons
COMPETE WITH ITS OWN BANK
Great place to gain experience.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  CANovember 21, 2014
Responsible for processing customer deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier checks, loan payments, and cash advances. Refer products to customers.
Make sure that the branch operations run as smoothly as possible.
Complete work assigned to me to me in a timely manner with very little supervision.
Help open new accounts and do new account maintenance.
Compliance Analyst
N/A (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 15, 2014
New dept. Compliance. Every month procedures were changed. Hard to grasp the game when the rules keep changing.
Zion Mgmt. couldn't even put together procedures that would stay in effect for more than a quarter. Between auditors & Zion...
Supervisors could not agree on how to handle and review daily work.
Pros
Benefits - great employees to work with and team work a plus
Cons
Lack of simple daily job procedures and lack of training
I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Systems Management - Document Imaging (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 13, 2014
I was pleased with my direct supervisor she gave me the opportunity to balance my work and life schedule.
Productive job
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2014
Working at California Bank & Trust has been a great experience. I have learned a lot of their banking systems and accounting in a larger corporation. The management has taught me a lot and is always there for support. I am happy they have taught me and have let me spread my wings. My co-workers are very helpful also.
Pros
Great support team, benefits
Cons
Employee moral
Great experience working for California Bank & Trust
Sr Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Great company to work for. The people are friendly and very helpful.
Pros
Got a bonus every year
Cons
High Deductible insurance
Decent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Completing reports and meeting lots of deadlines. Learned lots of different banking systems, software and extensive training in banking regulations
Pros
very productive environment, non stressful
Cons
Poor health insurance coverage
very tense and quiet environment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2013
making calls and taking care of customer needs. good learning place.
Everything is ok until you get robbed...
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2013
after my robbery they did not want to hire a security guard, put up bandit barriers, or somehow increase some type of security. This job is fine to work when your going to school. Or else, move on.

I was entitled to see a psychologist after the robbery to at least have someone to talk to. managers were calling me, bugging me to ask if i was returning to work. LEAVE ME ALONE!! I WAS JUST ROBBED!!

I decided to hire an attorney...best decision i ever made, because i wasnt aware of my rights as a worker. they just dont care about you here. no bank does. all they want is loans (which is stupid cuz they dont approve anyone), and checking accounts.

Benefits were expensive. medical especially, and im a single worker. get a civil service job...its better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Bank & Trust. Our community is ready to answer.