California Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

High stress job at times and often less than professional management behavior.
Loan Representative and Servicing Officer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Annual bonuses and employee appreciation events.
Cons: Lack of job security and management support.
A typical day involved reviewing loan servicing requests, analyzing financial documents to verify continued credit worthiness, writing up Administration Actions for viable servicing requests to be approved by upper management. Explaining SBA program guidelines, bank processes and loan terms to customers. Working with customers, original underwriters, loan processors, operations group and special asset credit management to research and resolve loan issues. Reviewing reports for pending actions and risk tracking system to prioritize daily work. Multiple special projects as handed down from management. Plus monthly Banking compliance and underwriting process trainings.

Unfortunately, management didn't offer career development coaching or assistance. Many often cursed and argued in non-private situations. When you contacted HR to bring up issues or request follow-up on internal job applications, it was obvious that the HR department was not there for the employees, but rather to look out for the Bank's and management interests only.

The hardest part of the job was responding to customers whose requests were denied and working with struggling customers whose business had been non-profitable for an extended time during the recession.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with individual borrowers who were in desperate need of assistance and whom I was able to fulfill or exceed their expectations. I also enjoyed the financial analysis and reporting, as well as auditing loans to make sure the system was set up correctly. Finding and fixing errors in the systems to improve loan management accuracy.
Was the start of my Commercial Loan Processing
Lending Assistant III (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 8, 2015
I learned all aspects of Consumer Lending as well as Commercial Real Estate Loans.

The loan processing was handled by different departments within the bank so I was limited on the full loan processing experience.
very good Bank to work for
Loan Servicing Specialist IV (Current Employee), La Habra, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Management, bonuses
Cons: Healthcare
work flow is very busy at this Bank I like coming to work everyday. I learned so much here from all my co-workers they taught me a whole lot. management is very good and helpful open door policy all the time with what ever questions you have for them. co-workers are fun to work with funny and very helpful. I don't think there is a hard thing here everyone Is very helpful if anyone has a question every helps out. I have been with this Bank for 7 years + and this group of people are so helpful and fun to work with this is the most fun I have worked at a Bank.
Fun place/ orgainzed workplace
Commercial & Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun meeting
Cons: compete with its own bank
Organized /centralized banks.
Easy programs to follow with.

Good training with professionals outside of the work place.

Honor people with good works.
Great place to gain experience.
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), CANovember 21, 2014
Responsible for processing customer deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier checks, loan payments, and cash advances. Refer products to customers.
Make sure that the branch operations run as smoothly as possible.
Complete work assigned to me to me in a timely manner with very little supervision.
Help open new accounts and do new account maintenance.
Compliance Analyst
N/A (Current Employee), San DiegoSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits - great employees to work with and team work a plus
Cons: lack of simple daily job procedures and lack of training
New dept. Compliance. Every month procedures were changed. Hard to grasp the game when the rules keep changing.
Zion Mgmt. couldn't even put together procedures that would stay in effect for more than a quarter. Between auditors & Zion...
Supervisors could not agree on how to handle and review daily work.
I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Systems Management - Document Imaging (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 13, 2014
I was pleased with my direct supervisor she gave me the opportunity to balance my work and life schedule.
Productive job
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great support team, benefits
Cons: employee moral
Working at California Bank & Trust has been a great experience. I have learned a lot of their banking systems and accounting in a larger corporation. The management has taught me a lot and is always there for support. I am happy they have taught me and have let me spread my wings. My co-workers are very helpful also.
Great experience working for California Bank & Trust
Sr Processing Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: got a bonus every year
Cons: high deductible insurance
Great company to work for. The people are friendly and very helpful.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: very productive environment, non stressful
Cons: poor health insurance coverage
Completing reports and meeting lots of deadlines. Learned lots of different banking systems, software and extensive training in banking regulations
very tense and quiet environment
Wire Transfer Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2013
making calls and taking care of customer needs. good learning place.
Everything is ok until you get robbed...
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2013
after my robbery they did not want to hire a security guard, put up bandit barriers, or somehow increase some type of security. This job is fine to work when your going to school. Or else, move on.

I was entitled to see a psychologist after the robbery to at least have someone to talk to. managers were calling me, bugging me to ask if i was returning to work. LEAVE ME ALONE!! I WAS JUST ROBBED!!

I decided to hire an attorney...best decision i ever made, because i wasnt aware of my rights as a worker. they just dont care about you here. no bank does. all they want is loans (which is stupid cuz they dont approve anyone), and checking accounts.

Benefits were expensive. medical especially, and im a single worker. get a civil service job...its better.
This was a fun and enjoyable place to work
Lending Assistant/Operations (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2013
I enjoyed my co workers and daily work tasks. We dealt directly with customers which always added a change of pace to the daily work
Employee orientated culture
Vice President, Encinitas Branch Manager (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAAugust 14, 2013
Great access to management, tough pricing formula in today's market.
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2013
I was a in-bound call center lead. I also trained co-workers.
Large learning curve Required, Always Challenging
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: interaction with a large number of people.
Cons: imbalanced professional / personal life.
Typical Day at Work: In the mortgage industry always be prepared for anythiing and a constant shifting in priorities & Tasks.

What I have Learned: New perspective of the operations and administration. Deeper understanding of SQL and Access databases.

Hardest Part of the Job: Lack of training, communication.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: I am never bored.
Collaborative workplace
Disbursement Analyst (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2013
Pros: early outs for holidays
Well-managed Real Estate Disbursement department. Training is learn-as-you-go, which means positions require strong, motivated, and individuals that take initiative and do not lack ambition or determination.
Best Employer to have
Customer Service Assistant II/ Back- up FSR (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: left the company because i had to move and there were no locations close to where i moved to
CBT was great on acknowledging their employees and rewarding them for a job well done. As a CSA I managed both the teller line and drive up, ordered cashed, sent out wires, and assisted the ABM with audit procedures. I was also responsible for maintaining and processing the ATM.
GREAT WORK PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 10, 2013
I LOVED MY MANAGER AND THE COMPANY. IT WAS A FUN AND WELCOMING WORK ENVIRONMENT. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO STAY!
Good Company
Operations & Statement Clerk (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2013
The company looked after its employees and customer. I had the opportunity to work with such a great staff and the work experience led to opportunities for the future.