Overall, a good place to start and grow in manufacturing.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) – Roseville, CA – July 19, 2017
- If you really want to learn light manufacturing, California Bottling Company is definitely the right place to start.
- Basic orientation takes a few hours and initial training is simplistic but thorough.
- The best time of the year to begin is probably the fall or winter. During the spring there is a huge ramp up and the summer is their peak season.
- The beginning pay, depending upon the position, is normally $1 or more above minimum; however, there is rapid advancement and everything is based on a meritocracy. For example, a production worker increased his pay by $5 per hour in about eight months. Also, the benefits are good (i.e., medical, dental, optical, life insurance), there is a lot of opportunity for incentive pay based on performance, and monthly free raffles.
- The owner is ex-military, seems very knowledgeable and stresses safety. Sometimes he is perceived as too direct but always attempts to help employees advance in life.
- Great place to learn manufacturing, basic problem solving and build confidence.
- Long hours during summer months (a lot of over-time).