California Bottling Company Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 15, 2017
Place is a joke
Better management and a better production schedule would fix a lot of issues. Horrible management
Get yelled at for other people on shift calling out sick, get yelled at for lack of production due to cap machines, lack of maintenance and cut corners to keep a machine alive only for it to fail and you get in trouble for it. The lack of respect from management and the CEO is what made me leave
Overall, a good place to start and grow in manufacturing.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 19, 2017
- If you really want to learn light manufacturing, California Bottling Company is definitely the right place to start.
- Basic orientation takes a few hours and initial training is simplistic but thorough.
- The best time of the year to begin is probably the fall or winter. During the spring there is a huge ramp up and the summer is their peak season.
- The beginning pay, depending upon the position, is normally $1 or more above minimum; however, there is rapid advancement and everything is based on a meritocracy. For example, a production worker increased his pay by $5 per hour in about eight months. Also, the benefits are good (i.e., medical, dental, optical, life insurance), there is a lot of opportunity for incentive pay based on performance, and monthly free raffles.
- The owner is ex-military, seems very knowledgeable and stresses safety. Sometimes he is perceived as too direct but always attempts to help employees advance in life.
Pros
- Great place to learn manufacturing, basic problem solving and build confidence.
Cons
- Long hours during summer months (a lot of over-time).
Think twice before working there .
Employee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 3, 2016
Typical day is always busy. I get to learn a lot of aspects of manufacturing. The management is ok, co worker and supervisors need more training to do their jobs. The hardest part of the job is the noise and the unsanitary working condition. I did not enjoy that job so I left.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
cheap pay, noisy, no management support, unsanitary condition
fast paste work it was fun
Workman (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 6, 2015
Don't realy know that much was not their long enuff. But it was a good job to have.Got to do many diffrent things on the production line. and the people their were good to work with.
Pros
got to learn it this job
Cons
It was a temp job.
Do not work on the bottling floor
Maintenence Tech (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I worked here a few years back, and I still kick myself for ever working there.

As the other reviewer mentioned, the plant floor was (perhaps still is) a safety hazard. The packing machines were super old and always breaking down. Management never wanted the machines to be down so everything had to be tapped/bubble-gummed back to "working" order.

Be prepared to train your self and bring some band-aids.
Pros
You will gain great respect for the term "Good business ethics".
Cons
Just about everything.
excellect place to improve yourself with doing ur job.
works here (Current Employee) –  californiaJanuary 23, 2014
i work here currently and the best thing is with doing ur job u improve everyday and learn a lot ,as the owner is a very succesfull and helpful person
Worst pit of hell ever!!!
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville CA.April 9, 2013
For the love of God if you value yourself, do not show up to any interview. I'm amazed this place and its equipment has not killed someone by now. The new owners only goal in life is to tell everyone how great he and his life is and then turns around and threatens not to pay people because of how much everyone screws him over and how terrible everyone else is. The pay is a joke, you could make more money flipping burgers anywhere. If you like being treated like the scum of the earth and payed like it was 1920, then by all means, go to work there. I only write this because I sure would have loved if someone wrote to tell me how bad this place is before i showed up. You still want a job there? Well bro, you been warned.
Pros
there are no pros, and there never will be.
Cons
everything.
I learn to much about manufacturing
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville caFebruary 2, 2013
A typical day at work was always busy day, with many task to comply.

Basically improve my experience in Manufacturing and Quality.

The Company changed it's owner and we had many changes in co-workers.

Meetings with the new owner.

When I feel free for to do my job and functions.
Pros
opportunity to learn
Cons
bad management
Interesting learning opportunity for manufacturing
Material Handler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  8250 Industrial Ave, Roseville, CAOctober 10, 2012
My typical work day at California Bottling Company would consist of inventory tracking, procurement and inventory control. The days start with the management team conducting an hour production meeting to see where we stand and what products we need to produce.

While at California Bottling Company, I learned how to create production schedules, order raw materials and track inventory via manual spreadsheets that I had to create. The management team is a small team who know how to fulfill the roles of their counterparts when needed. Co-workers are helpful and mindful when someone may need retraining or assistance.

The hardest part of the job is meeting the expectations placed upon you as they are not always expectations of your position. There is a lot of mixing roles within the company which can be confusing at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team through extremely difficult situations.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
long work hours, poor work/life balance