Accounting Administrator Needed At Rapidly Growing Company!
California Carpet and Rugs, a retail flooring sales and installation company, is looking for a versatile Accounting Administrator to join its team.
Our ideal candidate loves to multi-task, enjoys managing a variety of responsibilities and has a solid knowledge of accounting principles and financial concepts, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and has worked with industry accounting packages, mixed with a variety of analytical skills and experience. This position is responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes for all California Carpet entities, communicating with outside vendors and customers, conducting analysis and supporting the Controller and the CFO of California Carpet.
Our Company is dedicated to excellent customer service; we provide responsive, professional services. If you believe you would like to become part of our company and work in a dynamic, complex and fast paced work environment and can meet the job requirements, we would like to review your resume and discuss the opportunity with you in more detail.
We offer a friendly, comfortable, casual business environment with a benefits package, retirement plan and a salary of 37k - 42k based on experience and abilities. This is a full time position at our San Carlos location. If you are the perfect candidate, you will have the following skills and abilities:
Job Responsibilities (A full job description can be emailed to candidates upon request):
- Accounts Payable – 50%
- Payroll – 20%
- Accounts Receivable – 10%
- Accounting – 10%
- Admin – 10% - In conjunction with required Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
- Special Projects – as requested
- Possession of an accounting degree from a two-year college, or other degree from four-year college or university or two to three years related experience.
- Skills: Accounting packages, i.e. Quickbooks, MS Office: Strong Windows, Word and Excel.
- Accounts payable and payroll experience a must.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written (excellent spelling and grammar) communication skills.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts in practical situations.
- Superior attention to detail, and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, self-directing, project oriented and have the ability to work with little supervision. While at the same time be dependable with daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Possess the ability to interact productively with co-workers and outside vendors.
- Personality: Upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Great planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills and a drive for neatness.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines in a changing environment.
- Professional Appearance.
- Previous retail experience is preferred.
- Experience working with general ledger systems and cash accounting transactions a plus!
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above. Qualified candidates, please submit your resume with a cover letter and Accounting Administrator in the subject line to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.