California Coast Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Sr. Collector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
working at a credit union with a small group was enlighening experience . we got to know each other in a short period of time and management was always there to support us. we always enjoyed each others company .
Pros
got a montly get together off campus free breakfast
Cons
none that i knew of
good place to work, but some management not so good
Loan Servicing Specialist III/ Notary Public (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with everyone at Cal Coast, from upper management to all tellers in the branches.
fun learning expirence
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  La Mesa,CAJune 18, 2014
Learn a lot and can make your way u fairly quickly. Very proficient in continued learning
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
can be stressful
Great company to work for.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAMay 22, 2014
Management always had a positive attitude about everything. Easy to talk to and always made the workplace fun.
Wonderful
Teller II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2013
Great company, and amazing people to work with. When I was a new person they made me feel so welcome and so humble
Okay for entry level, bad for career advancement.
Member Service Representative / Teller II (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 6, 2013
Management and the Upper corporate headquarters personnel are not synchronized in terms of the sales, services, policy and procedures culture and advancement.

Everyone does things their own way. Not an organized financial institution due to the many mergers they've had in the past. Different people from different credit unions prior to mergers do things very differently and very opinionated on duties and tasks.

Cheap products, services, systems and company shared culture. They do not want to invest for quality. Work with old computers and dying, stone-aged printers, hardware and tools for the cheapest labor, no salary increases possible. Stingy ideologies and business techniques.

Overworked and Underpaid. They would rather have an underpaid employee work the jobs of what should be done by 3 people to save money on labor costs and would rather sacrifice the quality of services, time and effective customer satisfaction to save on overall costs and budgets.
Pros
easy going promotions and products
Cons
lackluster and very slow advancement, overworked and underpaid.
Great Company
Teller II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2013
Great compnay and very member friendley place. I learned from my supervisior on opening accounts and credit cards. My co-workers were the best to work with, and very welcoming. The hardest part about my job the first time was sales, but I got the hang of it.
A great learning experience in the financial industry at California Coast
SR. Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2013
California Coast credit union was my first banking job. Not knowing much about home loans, rates and CD. CD's are time deposits that are held for a period of time. I instantly feel in love with the family ways california coast showed and the many customer's who held high regards of the company. I value having a good relationship with customers. My management was always helpful and if I had any concern or questions the doors was always open for communication. The co-workers I had at california coast were an amazing group of individuals that I would work with again and many of them made a impact on my life. I learned about mortgages rates, ARMs, how to read credit reports, and provide stellar customer service. A typical day at work we would open five minutes early to service member cash deposits, or checks money orders and cashier checks. Finding discrepancies in member accounts and appropriately refunding fee to customers. Balance cash drawer at the end of the with regular closing procedures. The hardest part of the job was offering customer products that did not fit the individual. The company began focused more on sell's then what the customer really needed. I did not cross sell a product unless I knew it would be in my customer best interest. The most enjoyable part about the job was the people who came doing their daily transaction. The customers made you feel like family. I am a people person and at California coast credit union I got to fully interact with different people everyday and build a rapport them.
Pros
holiday pay, yearly paid vacations, and great benefits
Cons
cross selling products that do not benefit the customer, teller incentive are too low to make teller have goals.
Stable Career Field
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 26, 2012
Stable career field, promotes from within the organization
Pros
consistent work hours
Cons
saturday hours
A fun and professional place to work, where even the ideas from a entry level engineer are considered with atmost respect.
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2012
My in depth technical journey in a real time world started at California Coast Credit Union. It ignited my technical strength and creativity in solving wide variety of problems across different platforms. It also helped me in conducting some cross functional training with different teams where I had the oppurtunity to work with wide variety of staff rather than just IT.
Fun place to work.
Central Services Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAJanuary 25, 2012
I loved working at this place because everybody in the company was very nice and helpful when you asked for something.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, no communication

4.5